PDA

View Full Version : Petitgout signs with Bucs...

Trap_Star
03-06-2007, 10:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2789931

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers took the first step toward revamping their offensive line on Tuesday, signing unrestricted free agent tackle Luke Petitgout to a three-year, $15.5 million contract.

The three-year contract for Petitgout includes a $3 million signing bonus. He will earn a base salary of $2 million for 2007, along with a $1 million roster bonus. In 2008, he is due a spring roster bonus of $1.75 million and a base salary of $2.5 million. There is a similar roster bonus in 2009, with a $3.5 million base salary.

Petitgout, 30, is coming off a 2006 season in which he appeared in just nine games. He sustained a fractured left fibula in November and the Giants, feeling he might be able to return late in the year or for the playoffs, kept him on the active roster. Finally, in late December, he was moved to injured reserve.

gtexan02
03-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Im a little annoyed we didn't even take a look. We never seem to have any interest in LT potential

hobie
03-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Also being a Giants fan I hated to hear he was let go... Sure, he has a few years on him and he got injured last season, but damn, the Giants went to hell in a handbasket once he went down with the protection. Tampa got a better than average OL there!

Now why didn't Houston look at him, maybe age, coming off an injury, salary, who knows, but he would have made a big impact on the teams front line. I really hope the Texans have something up thier sleeve that they are not telling us about yet....

kastofsna
03-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Tampa got a better than average OL there!
news to me.