PDA

View Full Version : Texans will win the superbowl in '09

marv800
03-06-2007, 05:18 PM
All this BS about Jake retiring.. pfftt...Jake Plummer will retire while wearing a Houston Texans jersey on February 1, 2009 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa while he hoists a Vince Lombardi trophy in the air.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/Top%20Stories/2005/plummer_jake_051101.jpg+http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/HoustonTexans_100.png=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/00/Superbowl_Trophy_Crop.jpg/137px-Superbowl_Trophy_Crop.jpg

Stros5Texans80
03-06-2007, 05:21 PM
And flames are coming at you in 3....2....1....

hollywood_texan
03-06-2007, 06:01 PM
What is the point of this thread?

Sco-tai
03-06-2007, 06:08 PM
...all while you're watching the game from your private jet with Scarlet Johannson at your side, drinking Dom and smoking a Cuban cigar......

(we are doing an alcohol & drug-induced dream-sequence here, right!?!?! :drunk: )

:ok:

:marionaner:

El Amigo Invisible
03-06-2007, 06:12 PM
:tease:

MATRIX
03-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Could happen...any given team can always win.

That said, unless you say 2010...I don't see it. Playoffs, yea but the SB...no

Navy_Chris
03-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Could happen...any given team can always win.

That said, unless you say 2010...I don't see it. Playoffs, yea but the SB...no

Tim Tebow in 2010!! woohoo!!!

Second Honeymoon
03-06-2007, 06:17 PM
...all while you're watching the game from your private jet with Scarlet Johannson at your side, drinking Dom and smoking a Cuban cigar......

(we are doing an alcohol & drug-induced dream-sequence here, right!?!?! :drunk: )

isnt that a day in the life of Derek Jeter.....

Double Barrel
03-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Not sure about Super Bowl projections...I'd just be glad to having a winning season sometime in the near future!

Navy_Chris
03-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Not sure about Super Bowl projections...I'd just be glad to having a winning season sometime in the near future!

We could have been 10-6 last year...coulda, woulda, shoulda i know. But, I can honestly see us making the playoffs next season.

2BCF
03-06-2007, 06:23 PM

Hey, if it's a fantasy I doubt she'd be "at his side"!

stingray
03-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah, and i'm gonna marry Shakira next year.

Navy_Chris
03-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah, and i'm gonna marry Shakira next year.

Why? Shakira's butt ugly.

stingray
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM

Butt Ugly? Dude, what are you looking at. The girl is hot. I'm not the only who thinks it. I guess to each his own.

GuerillaBlack

Get Beyonce.

Navy_Chris
Butt Ugly? Dude, what are you looking at. The girl is hot. I'm not the only who thinks it. I guess to each his own.

I guess so.

Navy_Chris
03-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Get Beyonce.

I'd prefer Scarlett Johansson. But the Texans should make the playoffs next year IF they can cut down on the stupid ***, junior high mistakes.

Hulk75
03-06-2007, 06:45 PM
http://www.bigrockcabin.com/index_files/Big%20Rock%20Cabin%20Nestled.gif+http://www.fotograf.nu/special/images/beer.jpg+http://www.unc.edu/~hymas/images/money.jpg=http://www.seniorcitizens.com/images/business_week_retirement_guide.jpg
What else would "Jake" want?

Ole Miss Texan
03-06-2007, 06:47 PM
I'd prefer Scarlett Johansson. But the Texans should make the playoffs next year IF they can cut down on the stupid ***, junior high mistakes.

you made me laugh when you brought up shakira in that ramsey thread.

She was really hot in "The Island" ..anybody see it? it flopped at the theatre i think but i actually liked it..it was on hbo yesterday.

The superbowl is in tampa that year? I'd try my hardest to get tickets so i could watch it with my wife....Keira Knightley, we watch all the texans games together...:wherewill

Navy_Chris
03-06-2007, 06:48 PM
you made me laugh when you brought up shakira in that ramsey thread.

She was really hot in "The Island" ..anybody see it? it flopped at the theatre i think but i actually liked it..it was on hbo yesterday.

The superbowl is in tampa that year? I'd try my hardest to get tickets so i could watch it with my wife....Keira Knightley, we watch all the texans games together...:wherewill

I'd go watch the SB if it was in El Segundo or Mexico City. I'd just be sure to pack my bug spray.

joshri
03-06-2007, 09:11 PM
It sounds sad but I'd just be happy to be in the playoffs.

and for Mario Williams to live up to his #1 pick......
and for Andre Johnson to actually have a good ball thrown his way......

I

Double Barrel
03-06-2007, 11:06 PM
We could have been 10-6 last year...coulda, woulda, shoulda i know. But, I can honestly see us making the playoffs next season.

There were 3 games that we 'coulda, woulda, shoulda' won, so a 9-7 season was not unrealistic. Our wins were scrappy wins, but all that matters is scoreboard. There is no ugly win, IMO.

What really impressed me is that Kubiak kept this team motivated, and they never seemed to quit from game to game. Sure, they had some brutal losses, but they came back the next week ready to play. That attitude is a big improvement over 2005, and could be one of the most important fundamental elements of the team Kubiak is building.

So yeah, I'm optimistic about 2007. I'm not predicting anything, but I feel confident in looking forward to our first winning record.

Loud, Proud, & Texan! :texflag:

HomeBred_Texan
03-06-2007, 11:10 PM
There were 3 games that we 'coulda, woulda, shoulda' won, so a 9-7 season was not unrealistic. Our wins were scrappy wins, but all that matters is scoreboard. There is no ugly win, IMO.

What really impressed me is that Kubiak kept this team motivated, and they never seemed to quit from game to game. Sure, they had some brutal losses, but they came back the next week ready to play. That attitude is a big improvement over 2005, and could be one of the most important fundamental elements of the team Kubiak is building.

So yeah, I'm optimistic about 2007. I'm not predicting anything, but I feel confident in looking forward to our first winning record.

Loud, Proud, & Texan! :texflag:

With so much up in the air right now, I don't think anyone can seriously put out a prediction for next year. We are not even sure who our QB is gonna be, who the 2nd WR is, nor do we even know who is going to be in the backfield...

I won't even go there until after the draft and everyone is signed and ready to go... But that;s just me...

Double Barrel
03-06-2007, 11:15 PM
I can certainly understand that perspective. But I have confidence in this new regime to make sound football decisions. They've already demonstrated some good judgement calls, and that's even with the burden of being saddled with the mess that Capers/Casserly left behind. We've still got a lot of off-season left, and last year's draft is a good indication that they can find players that will benefit the team.

And if I don't think positive, what's left? Negative? idonno:

kiwitexansfan
03-07-2007, 03:46 AM
I think things have turned the corner here just by the finish of the C&C show.

Smith and Kubiak are building something of sterner and smarter stuff.

I expect to see continual improvement but with our tough division I hate to throw a number out there.

Who know where we'll be in 2 seasons... a lot can happen in two years in this game.

TexansSB07
03-07-2007, 06:18 AM
I am always willing to go out on a limb

TEXANS 2007 1st winning season, 1st playoff win.....:marionaner:

David's Busted Carr
03-07-2007, 08:35 AM
This is AWESOME news. And since I will be winning the lottery next week I should have front row seats for the game!

19-10
03-07-2007, 08:47 AM
I'd go watch the SB if it was in El Segundo or Mexico City. I'd just be sure to pack my bug spray.

I left my wallet in El Segundo once

bad
03-07-2007, 08:54 AM
http://www.bartcop.com/shakira-hips-lie%20.jpg

Whatever.

HomeBred_Texan
03-07-2007, 08:55 AM
I left my wallet in El Segundo once

I found a wallet once in El Segundo...

Blu
03-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Let's face the facts guys... we got atleast one more *hitty season left before the Texans can even make a run at the playoffs.
I'm hoping for the best, but anything less than .500 will suck.
Let's build for '08... and with the 48 mil in cap space.. we can get some key guys to help us make that run.
As long as the Texans win a Superbowl before this planet goes boom...
I'll be happy.:shades:

stingray
03-07-2007, 09:04 AM
http://www.bartcop.com/shakira-hips-lie%20.jpg

Whatever.

I guess if you don't like gorgeous women that can shake their hips.

texans83
03-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Let's face the facts guys... we got atleast one more *hitty season left before the Texans can even make a run at the playoffs.
I'm hoping for the best, but anything less than .500 will suck.
Let's build for '08... and with the 48 mil in cap space.. we can get some key guys to help us make that run.
As long as the Texans win a Superbowl before this planet goes boom...
I'll be happy.:shades:

Thats what we all hope for. Oh and by the way I saw a wallet there too but I just took the money and left. oops sorry!!

texans83
03-07-2007, 09:06 AM
she has funny looking teeth in that pic!

Mr.Scarface
03-07-2007, 11:44 AM

Why Shakira? Cause the "Hips don't lie..." :sbad: :sbad: :sbad: :sbad: