PDA

View Full Version : Where are Hamlin, Grant, etc.?

TexanAddict
03-06-2007, 12:18 PM
We all know that our team has many needs, including a hole at the FS position and help at OL and CB. I'm curious to know why the Texans have not scheduled any visits with Ken Hamlin or Deon Grant? Why is Carlisle the only OL that we've talked to so far? Just thought I'd find out why, with so many holes at different positions, we aren't at least contacting these players. Anyone have any information on this?

texans83
03-06-2007, 12:21 PM
We all know that our team has many needs, including a hole at the FS position and help at OL and CB. I'm curious to know why the Texans have not scheduled any visits with Ken Hamlin or Deon Grant? Why is Carlisle the only OL that we've talked to so far? Just thought I'd find out why, with so many holes at different positions, we aren't at least contacting these players. Anyone have any information on this?

Bc we are in Cap space hell

ubecool454
03-06-2007, 12:21 PM

They haven't contacted them because the Texans are drafting Laron Landry, excellent size with 4.3 speed that can get there and is angry when he arrives. lol

texans83
03-06-2007, 12:22 PM
They haven't contacted them because the Texans are drafting Laron Landry, excellent size with 4.3 speed that can get there and is angry when he arrives. lol

There going for Quinn havent you heard?

Second Honeymoon
03-06-2007, 12:24 PM
well both players are probably wanting a lot in guaranteed money. that is something that Smith is unwilling to do so given his current cap predicament. We are probably hoping that they get no biters and have to lower their demands. I think Grant is the better choice as Hamlin is only a better version of CC. Good in run support bad in pass coverage. We need that like we need a hole in the head.

TexanAddict
03-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Bc we are in Cap space hell

Safeties are not that expensive a commodity, plus you can't know the price unless you ask. I would like to at least see us bring in some OL and DBs to see if we could get a reasonable deal done.

Reddevil63
03-06-2007, 12:29 PM
rumors and smoke screens my friend

ubecool454
03-06-2007, 12:30 PM

hahahahaha....i hope not..quinn is another pretty boy QB..he was great at beating up the military schools but when they played the Trojans and the Wolverines of the college world..he looked as bad as kyle bollinger.

texans83
03-06-2007, 12:30 PM
rumors and smoke screens my friend

well I know they wont draft Kolb in the 2nd or 3rd.

Ole Miss Texan
03-06-2007, 12:31 PM
hahahahaha....i hope not..quinn is another pretty boy QB..he was great at beating up the military schools but when they played the Trojans and the Wolverines of the college world..he looked as bad as kyle bollinger.

Yea, so did the Notre Dame defense.

Reddevil63
03-06-2007, 12:32 PM
well I know they wont draft Kolb in the 2nd or 3rd.
oh great teller of the future, can you let me know what the lotto numbers are going to be?

Second Honeymoon
03-06-2007, 12:33 PM

did you even watch Notre Dame football? There defense was giving up an average of 40 points in losses to UofM, USC, etc.

Dunta_23
03-06-2007, 12:37 PM

What if Brady Quinn was ugly? would that make him a better prospect?

Please_Evolve
03-06-2007, 12:46 PM

I suspect in some people's minds here yes.

TEXANRED
03-06-2007, 12:49 PM

yes

dtran04
03-06-2007, 01:02 PM
oh great teller of the future, can you let me know what the lotto numbers are going to be?

That would be useful considering Mega Millions is 355 million. :bubble:

mike230765
03-06-2007, 01:04 PM
I need to go get some lottery tickets tonight!

I do believe that we will end up drafting Landry......i just wish that they would draft all line men and then see if carr improves next year. If not he might have more trade value next year. The main thing i want is for the Texans to have a good o-line and plenty of depth because they are always getting hurt.

DomDavis
03-06-2007, 01:09 PM

Quinn vs. the Trojans: 274 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 74 more rushing yards

Want to try again?

Second Honeymoon
03-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Quinn vs. the Trojans: 274 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 74 more rushing yards

Want to try again?

don't bother. half these guys don't even watch the games. not surprising half the quinn-bashers are also carr-lovers.

TheRealJoker
03-06-2007, 01:28 PM
I think they're more than likely targeting FS and OL on the first day of the draft and if they are not satisfied with the players available when they pick they'll get a stop gap type player to fill these positions from the June 1st cuts available.

TEXANRED
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Great Quinn has already become the next Carr, just look at this thread, it been hyjacked.

TexanAddict
03-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I think they're more than likely targeting FS and OL on the first day of the draft and if they are not satisfied with the players available when they pick they'll get a stop gap type player to fill these positions from the June 1st cuts available.

Thanks for getting this back on topic, if only for a moment.

Navy_Chris
03-06-2007, 04:30 PM

Two words: LaRon Landry

You can pretty much sign, stamp and deliver him. My opinion.

Insideop
03-06-2007, 05:26 PM
don't bother. half these guys don't even watch the games. not surprising half the quinn-bashers are also carr-lovers.

I don't think so. I think most, if not all, the Quinn bashers are also Carr bashers too. Thus the references to being "just another pretty boy," or one of my favorites, "Quinn is just Carr II" that I've seen on a number of posts.

trutxn
03-06-2007, 11:07 PM

Because DBs and OL are deep in this years draft. You build the team through the draft, not FA. You get younger players and you don't have to over pay. They will be with the team for years to come.