PDA

View Full Version : A. Green's Non-endorsement of David Carr

Koolaid Time
03-06-2007, 03:27 AM
From Monday's Houston Comical....

"I don't think I'll have a hard time adjusting," Green said. "One of my priorities other than running the ball and scoring will be to help protect David Carr or whoever's throwing the ball."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4601956.html

mikey21
03-06-2007, 03:30 AM
even though i think carr will be gone i think you are reading too much into that statement

ThaShark316
03-06-2007, 03:34 AM
^^^^No lie...and you know this....

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/DonGoofy187/ballinvi0.gif

Ckw
03-06-2007, 03:34 AM
even though i think carr will be gone i think you are reading too much into that statement

Exactly! But I'm pumped about Green. Look, if Carr doesn't get the job done, we have Sage and hopefully a draft pick (either Troy Smith, Drew Stanton, Kevin Kolb, or Jared Zabransky). Just someone who can give us a change of scenery. I wish David the best and hope somehow he can come out and play great for us next year, but I want some genuine backups!

Hulk75
03-06-2007, 08:11 AM
"I don't think I'll have a hard time adjusting," Green said. "One of my priorities other than running the ball and scoring will be to help protect David Carr or whoever's throwing the ball."

I guess it is how you read it right Kooliad.

texanfan2002114
03-06-2007, 08:22 AM

If you happened to watch the interviews on tv that Green had with the media sunday night, you would have noticed that he said that it was his job to protect David Carr. He liked David's ability to get up every time he was thrown down and he thought it was sick how often David was sacked.

He also said that David is very respected in the league and needed a better running game and protection and that was what he ( A. Green ) was going to help provide.

Hulk75
03-06-2007, 08:27 AM
If you happened to watch the interviews on tv that Green had with the media sunday night, you would have noticed that he said that it was his job to protect David Carr. He liked David's ability to get up every time he was thrown down and he thought it was sick how often David was sacked.

He also said that David is very respected in the league and needed a better running game and protection and that was what he ( A. Green ) was going to help provide.

Wow, I have been saying that for 6 years.

Good Post.

thunderkyss
03-06-2007, 08:28 AM
It was interesting to see Sage there at the press conference though.

David must have been at his top secret QB camp, working out with some high dollar QB coach. It's good to see him take such interest in his craft.

Exithios
03-06-2007, 08:30 AM

David must have been at his top secret QB camp, working out with some high dollar QB coach. It's good to see him take such interest in his craft.

Agreed, not much of an offenseive leader when you can't even show up to a news conference welcoming a new addition to your offense.

texanfan2002114
03-06-2007, 08:37 AM

This town is making David Carr its scape goat. The Texans have never ever provided him with a top notch running game and protection. They hired a coach his first year that ran Tim Couch into the ground.

David and his family can read the writing that most of you guys are putting on the wall and probably knows that he will be gone next year, so thats probably why he wasn't there yesterday.

But you should also know that David wasn't at the press conference when Gary Kubiak was announced as head coach, and with his job in the balance last year you would have thought he would have been there then. So how do you read into it now??

Hulk75
03-06-2007, 08:51 AM

Were was he then?

thunderkyss
03-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Were was he then?

In that little selectioin you quoted... I say exactly where I thought he must have been.

Did they teach you deductive reasoning in college, or did you sleep through that part??

Hulk75
03-06-2007, 09:20 AM
In that little selectioin you quoted... I say exactly where I thought he must have been.

Did they teach you deductive reasoning in college, or did you sleep through that part??

Wow! So how much do those top secret QB camps and coaches cost, were are they located.

I slept through it.

thunderkyss
03-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Wow! So how much do those top secret QB camps and coaches cost, were are they located.

I was hoping you could fill us in.

bye the bye....... nice avatar.

Hulk75
03-06-2007, 09:24 AM
I was hoping you could fill us in.

bye the bye....... nice avatar.

Why, I would call him and ask him but he is probably going through one of those top secret QB drills right now.

texans83
03-06-2007, 09:32 AM
hey Hulk just wondering but why did david stop the construction on his new house? I like Carr and I hope he can produce I just wonder sometimes if he lost that fire that he first had when he came into the league.

WaywardTexanFan
03-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Maybe Carr wasn't at the press conference because the spot light would have focused on him and not Green.

Maybe his is just tired of dealing with all of the negativity he is shown when the Texans never provided him with a way to succeed.

Maybe he is gone.

Who really knows; Until something announced the NFL is all smoke and mirrors.

texans83
03-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Maybe Carr wasn't at the press conference because the spot light would have focused on him and not Green.

Maybe his is just tired of dealing with all of the negativity he is shown when the Texans never provided him with a way to succeed.

Maybe he is gone.

Who really knows; Until something announced the NFL is all smoke and mirrors.

The man has to have some kind of leadership, the texans cant give him the best talent in the league to help him along, he should be the team leader, players shold look him in the eyes when the game is on the line and know that david can make it happen. That has never been the case. The team leaned on him in the begining and he crumbled. Not his fault, he just isent a leader. You have to be a leader on and off the field at this lever expecially. The QB can make anything happen. How many come from behind wins does david have? ANY? I dont thinkk so. I wish we had the rookie David back, when he threw a touchdown he ran down the field with his hands in the air greeting his teammates. That was great when I saw that I felt forsure he would be ok as a good leader. But I was wrong. Now we cant even throw the ball downfield. Im just so dam frustrated with it all. Its not all davids fault I nkow that, he never had great coaching till this past year and he never really had a consistant Running game with that Oline hasent been up to Par. But with htat said I think it will be better on both sides if they just went there seperate ways, a new start.

WaywardTexanFan
03-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Texans 83,

I agree Carr needs a new start, but maybe not next year. The Texans basically destroyed Carr when they drafted him #1 and put him in charge of an expansion team the first year. They should have put him behind a veteran and groomed him but this is hind sight. If there is a viable veteran replacement Carr should be traded and allowed to move on with his life. I just do not believe that Ramsey is the one.

Sco-tai
03-06-2007, 10:09 AM

COMPLETELY agreed.

I mean....it's all over the news that there is doubt about Carr's future...and I just interpret Green's word as saying he's a team-player.

jerek
03-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Ah yes, the daily "how far can I possibly take this random but highly ambiguous quote from team source out of context because I am suffering from an OCB so long as David Carr remains the Texans quarterback" thread.

Carry on, carry on.

WaywardTexanFan
03-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Agreed I believe that not only will Green be an asset on the field (for 2 maybe 3 years) but his integrity will be an asset in the locker room.

Trenches
03-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Agreed I believe that not only will Green be an asset on the field (for 2 maybe 3 years) but his integrity will be an asset in the locker room.

yes. it will be nice to have some leadership in that locker room.

Roughnecks
03-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Well the coaches don't know so how would he know. He is just being safe and not stepping on any toes.

HomeBred_Texan
03-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Were was he then?

He could have been at the Mercedes dealership for all I care...

What difference does it make? It is the OFF season by the way...

Double Barrel
03-06-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't think there is anything cryptic about Green's quote. The entire nation knows that Carr's future with the Texans is up in the air, so his statement is just a reflection of that atmosphere. David here or gone, it won't matter to Green because he's a pro that will do his job.

SESupergenius
03-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Carr had two years to prove himself in Kubiaks system, he's on schedule for that. If this is a dead money year where we are not going to bring in top dollar free agents then then we might as well keep Carr.

Ahman Green actually has the team spirit in him, because he's not thinking of all the person he's protecting, he's focused on protecting the position. Some people read WAY too much into this whole Carr thing, it's almost becoming Paris Hiltonesque. Everyone so far has overshadowed one of Greens greatest abilites...blocking. He has been on the better blocking RB's in the league and this is a huge improvement for the offense and Carr (who still is our starting QB mind you)

Mr teX
03-06-2007, 11:31 AM
The lengths people go through to impose an agenda.........jeez

BigCraig51
03-06-2007, 11:48 AM
No one has mentioned that Ahman Green is a habitual fumbler. 35 in his career to be exact. Just to compare...Juliues Jones (of the Cowboys and not considered on Green's level) has had 8 fumbles in 3 year. Green has had 35 in 9 years. If you average Jones' out that is 24 fumbles in 9 years. Green's number is 45% higher. Now we will have a choice over who fumbles the ball, David or Ahman.

HJam72
03-06-2007, 11:53 AM
That's OK. It gets our crummy offense off the field so we can see Mario and Demeco.

Mr teX
03-06-2007, 11:55 AM
No one has mentioned that Ahman Green is a habitual fumbler. 35 in his career to be exact. Just to compare...Juliues Jones (of the Cowboys and not considered on Green's level) has had 8 fumbles in 3 year. Green has had 35 in 9 years. If you average Jones' out that is 24 fumbles in 9 years. Green's number is 45% higher. Now we will have a choice over who fumbles the ball, David or Ahman.

Ok that's 1 drawback as opposed to how many positves that this guy brings with him?

TwinSisters
03-06-2007, 11:59 AM

You are looking at it wrong. It's actually way higher, because you are counting the years he didn't play a full season. Both him and Favre were ball giving fools in his career there, BUT they had the goods to make up for the lost ground... for the most part.

WaywardTexanFan
03-06-2007, 12:07 PM

Actually Green has had 37 fumbles in 9 years and 1871 touches for a fumble rate of 1.97%

Jamal Lewi has had 33 fumbles in 6 years and 1822 touches for a fumble rate of 1.81%

LT has had 24 fumbles in 6 years and 2050 touches for a fumble rate of 1.1%

But Green is not LT. I believe that Green will do just fine.

Trenches
03-06-2007, 12:13 PM

look at the bright side, at least Green will be moving forward when he fumbles. at least being pointed in the right direction is an improvement.

Second Honeymoon
03-06-2007, 12:30 PM

by secret QB camp you mean his home and by high dollar QB coach you mean his wife. that is the level of commitment you get with David Carr. There was probably some rerun of Happy Days on TV Land and David just couldn't pull himself away from seeing what kind of shennanigans Potsie got himself into. Or maybe he had to go get his hair cut or help distribute gravy to the rest of his gravy training family.....I can't wait till Mr. Mullet errr David's dad is back in California watching his lil' davey play football in the Arena Football League.

Carr is gone and he knows it already. It's gonna probably be a draft day deal though.

ib4texans
03-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Carr had two years to prove himself in Kubiaks system, he's on schedule for that. If this is a dead money year where we are not going to bring in top dollar free agents then then we might as well keep Carr.

Ahman Green actually has the team spirit in him, because he's not thinking of all the person he's protecting, he's focused on protecting the position. Some people read WAY too much into this whole Carr thing, it's almost becoming Paris Hiltonesque. Everyone so far has overshadowed one of Greens greatest abilites...blocking. He has been on the better blocking RB's in the league and this is a huge improvement for the offense and Carr (who still is our starting QB mind you)

Who knows how long his spirit will last here though,it won't be long before it is crushed. The negativity the is displayed by the posters on this MB and the bloggers @ the chronicle is enough to stifle anybody's spirit. It looks like Ahman Green is another player that has fans split down the middle. I for one am ecstatic about the upgrade, Vonta Leeche, Ahman Green and Ron Dayne = Pain!

Mr teX
03-06-2007, 12:40 PM
You guys have it all wrong, the stat to look at here is not fumbles but fumbles lost lol.

In that regard, he averages less than or about the same as shaun alexander, clinton Portis & even Larry Johnson. even though all those guys have played less time than he has, they all are on pace to fumble just about as much as he has up to this point in there careers.

Second Honeymoon
03-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Who knows how long his spirit will last here though,it won't be long before it is crushed. The negativity the is displayed by the posters on this MB and the bloggers @ the chronicle is enough to stifle anybody's spirit. It looks like Ahman Green is another player that has fans split down the middle. I for one am ecstatic about the upgrade, Vonta Leeche, Ahman Green and Ron Dayne = Pain!

I agree that there is a lot of negativity but you have to be honest. What has Carr shown in 5 years to ingratiate himself to this market. The guy has sucked since Day One. He has had like 7 quarters of good QB play in 5 seasons. When you couple that with last years draft day debacle, its gonna create a bad environment for any player that has yet to do anything worth a crap.

That being said, I am ecstatic about them bringing in Green for the right price. I just hope we can keep Leach and not lose him to another team due to monetary factors.

My bottom line is that Carr sucks and always has sucked. Everyone who supports Carr blames the rest of the team for his shortcomings. I think Carr needs to be held accountable for his crappy play. And that would be to show him the door and let him entertain offers from the Arena League...because lets face it, that is his future

Second Honeymoon
03-06-2007, 12:45 PM
You guys have it all wrong, the stat to look at here is not fumbles but fumbles lost lol.

In that regard, he averages less than or about the same as shaun alexander, clinton Portis & even Larry Johnson. even though all those guys have played less time than he has, they all are on pace to fumble just about as much as he has up to this point in there careers.

i love the signing but his fumbling is a problem. you can compare stats all you want but his problem isnt just fumbling. it is fumbling at some of the worst possible times. THAT is his problem. fumbling in the clutch.

hopefully he will get over that now that he is playing in a real climate and in a new conference. total upgrade though

Second Honeymoon
03-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Ah yes, the daily "how far can I possibly take this random but highly ambiguous quote from team source out of context because I am suffering from an OCB so long as David Carr remains the Texans quarterback" thread.

Carry on, carry on.

jerek,

please don't tell me you want Carr to remain the starter for yet another year? Are you a glutton for punishment or something? You are a smart guy so I don't think you could be that dumb.

Beer and Metal
03-06-2007, 12:48 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he has any fumbles in a retractable-roof stadium!

texans83
03-06-2007, 12:52 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he has any fumbles in a retractable-roof stadium!

Yea people have to realize where he has been playing for the past 7 yrs. Ummmm where is is freezing and snows, that might play a big factor.

Ibar_Harry
03-06-2007, 12:57 PM
I think the way you have to look at it is can both Carr and Green get you to the end zone. Good players are going to fumble simply because they have the ball a higher percentage of the time and if they take an unprotected or unexpected hit they are going to loose the ball at times. Its up to the defense then to get the ball back.

That's why we say defenses win SB's. The question is can you make the other team make more mistakes than you and a good defense makes that a greater possibility. In fact sometimes a good QB has more interceptions than they should because they believe in trying to force the ball. I really think Carr has been made to cautious and is scared to throw the ball. Oh, well, I think Green is better than what we have and he is going to be an interesting addition.

Now if we can pick up Moss from Oakland we will be going somewhere. That we make a nice combination at WR. Moss can definitely stretch the field.

texans83
03-06-2007, 01:04 PM
I think the way you have to look at it is can both Carr and Green get you to the end zone. Good players are going to fumble simply because they have the ball a higher percentage of the time and if they take an unprotected or unexpected hit they are going to loose the ball at times. Its up to the defense then to get the ball back.

That's why we say defenses win SB's. The question is can you make the other team make more mistakes than you and a good defense makes that a greater possibility. In fact sometimes a good QB has more interceptions than they should because they believe in trying to force the ball. I really think Carr has been made to cautious and is scared to throw the ball. Oh, well, I think Green is better than what we have and he is going to be an interesting addition.

Now if we can pick up Moss from Oakland we will be going somewhere. That we make a nice combination at WR. Moss can definitely stretch the field.

NOOOO to Moss, are you kidding me thats all we need is another player going on tv saying our QB sucks. Also he only plays at 75% he never tries anymore. I dont want his salery anyway.

Ibar_Harry
03-06-2007, 01:09 PM
NOOOO to Moss, are you kidding me thats all we need is another player going on tv saying our QB sucks. Also he only plays at 75% he never tries anymore. I dont want his salery anyway.

I think expectations in Oakland have never been met. You are sometimes what your environment is. Actually his citizenship in Oakland has been pretty good. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Specnatz
03-06-2007, 01:11 PM
look at the bright side, at least Green will be moving forward when he fumbles. at least being pointed in the right direction is an improvement.

That is funny.

Seriously, this thread is just another example of someone sitting on their brains. Jeez all the guy said is he would protect the QB position.

Taken from the Houston texans Website.

ďDavid Carr needs protection,Ē Green says. ďAs a running back seeing a quarterback get killed, I donít like it. A lot of the young guys at Green Bay, I taught them how important pass blocking is.

ďI love picking up the blitz, outside of running the ball. Iím not going to say Iím going to block every guy out there, but pretty much Iíll say 99 percent of the time, Iíll pick up the blitz to protect David or Sage (Rosenfels) or whoeverís back there. Iíll do my job along with the offensive line and the tight ends and weíll give the quarterback a little extra time.Ē

Oh and if you are going to Quote something make sure you use the whole quote and just not part of it!!!

ROCKY
03-06-2007, 01:40 PM
But Ahman was just answering a question as best as he could. It's no secret that Dave may not be around next year, but he is not gone yet, so Ahman was just being smart. And to the people who read every statement from a Texan 35 times to find "hidden" anti dave quotes...quit being so petty and get a life.

ib4texans
03-06-2007, 01:42 PM
But Ahman was just answering a question as best as he could. It's no secret that Dave may not be around next year, but he is not gone yet, so Ahman was just being smart. And to the people who read every statement from a Texan 35 times to find "hidden" anti dave quotes...quit being so petty and get a life.

They are just doing there best at making every thread a Carr thread!

PapaL
03-06-2007, 02:02 PM
That's OK. It gets our crummy offense off the field so we can see Mario and Demeco.

Thanks for making me spit water on my monitor. This is the quote of the day.

common_fan
03-06-2007, 02:10 PM
This is off topic, but does anyone have the clip of andre johnson breaking 3 tackles against the Bills. I'm having an argument here and I would Just like to show that stupid Cowgirl fan.

TwinSisters
03-06-2007, 03:00 PM

you are right.

But that might be because he was hurt.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20041121_GB@HOU

Hulk75
03-06-2007, 03:14 PM
hey Hulk just wondering but why did david stop the construction on his new house? I like Carr and I hope he can produce I just wonder sometimes if he lost that fire that he first had when he came into the league.

A lot of people ask that. The "Plantation" or "Fort" he called it was going to have everything you wanted, it was going to be his BIG HOUSE you know. It would have been in range of 6 to 7 million when all said and done, I mean my guy wanted to put a wave pool back there. Anyways, when they started to build he just did not feel comfortable building something so big and in a city he did not know if he wanted to live the rest of his life in, dont get him or us wrong I love Houston and so does he, but we are from California and all our relatives and friends are back there, and not to be mean, BUT you cant beat a beach house in San Diego. Anyways him and his wife did not feel right in there spirit about the house. Believe me it had nothing to do about being traded and what not. Cause I really truely believe he will own a house in Houston no matter were he decides to live.

Hulk75
03-06-2007, 03:18 PM
They are just doing there best at making every thread a Carr thread!

After 5 years you would figure there would be ENOUGH of them.

TEXANRED
03-06-2007, 03:21 PM
but we are from California and all our relatives and friends are back there, and not to be mean, BUT you cant beat a beach house in San Diego.

I would love to live on a beach there, but alas I is broke.

texans83
03-06-2007, 03:24 PM
A lot of people ask that. The "Plantation" or "Fort" he called it was going to have everything you wanted, it was going to be his BIG HOUSE you know. It would have been in range of 6 to 7 million when all said and done, I mean my guy wanted to put a wave pool back there. Anyways, when they started to build he just did not feel comfortable building something so big and in a city he did not know if he wanted to live the rest of his life in, dont get him or us wrong I love Houston and so does he, but we are from California and all our relatives and friends are back there, and not to be mean, BUT you cant beat a beach house in San Diego. Anyways him and his wife did not feel right in there spirit about the house. Believe me it had nothing to do about being traded and what not. Cause I really truely believe he will own a house in Houston no matter were he decides to live.

Oh ok cool just wondering thanks for the response.

TEXANRED
03-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Believe me it had nothing to do about being traded and what not.

You know something we don't?

Double Barrel
03-06-2007, 04:39 PM

Thanks, Hulk. That was really cool of you to share these details. :thumbup

Navy_Chris
03-06-2007, 04:58 PM

agreed.

Ibar_Harry
03-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Actually if you listen to the Green interview with Smith I get just the opposite impression as a whole. He actually early on talked about following David orginally. I guess we all hear what we want to here.

I found the Green interview very interesting. I think you could say Farve will greatly miss this gentleman. I liked what he said about getting to be on the same wave length with his team mates including the QB. Hanging out and just working out together in the offseason is what gets you to that intangible knowledge of each other. Many of you know I have been critical of AJ working out in Miami rather than Houston. I don't believe he and David have ever developed the togetherness that David had with Berrian. I would say I very much like Green's overall demeanor and attitude. I think the Texans have made an excellent signing in this case.

The ability to pick up the block as he stated to allow that extra second or two really is the difference between a team like the Texans and the Colts. Manning gets the extra second or two for his receiver to get open or down the field and that is the difference. It will be real interesting to watch this aspect of the game.

That interview also yielded some interesting information on D Williams. I believe they told him he needed another surgery and I got the impression that was going to happen. Last year I believe he said he would never go through another surgery. That is an interesting development to say the least. Smith seemed to say prior to that point the Dominick was doing very well and only needed to get some strength back. Another one of those we will just have to wait and see situations.

Navy_Chris
03-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Actually if you listen to the Green interview with Smith I get just the opposite impression as a whole. He actually early on talked about following David orginally. I guess we all hear what we want to here.

I found the Green interview very interesting. I think you could say Farve will greatly miss this gentleman. I liked what he said about getting to be on the same wave length with his team mates including the QB. Hanging out and just working out together in the offseason is what gets you to that intangible knowledge of each other. Many of you know I have been critical of AJ working out in Miami rather than Houston. I don't believe he and David have ever developed the togetherness that David had with Berrian. I would say I very much like Green's overall demeanor and attitude. I think the Texans have made an excellent signing in this case.

The ability to pick up the block as he stated to allow that extra second or two really is the difference between a team like the Texans and the Colts. Manning gets the extra second or two for his receiver to get open or down the field and that is the difference. It will be real interesting to watch this aspect of the game.

That interview also yielded some interesting information on D Williams. I believe they told him he needed another surgery and I got the impression that was going to happen. Last year I believe he said he would never go through another surgery. That is an interesting development to say the least. Smith seemed to say prior to that point the Dominick was doing very well and only needed to get some strength back. Another one of those we will just have to wait and see situations.

This is so funny. Everybody here gets baited like a little fish with every word they hear. Don't any of you get tired of David Carr debates? Just wait until something officially happens. Geez.

Ibar_Harry
03-06-2007, 07:43 PM
This is so funny. Everybody here gets baited like a little fish with every word they hear. Don't any of you get tired of David Carr debates? Just wait until something officially happens. Geez.

I would hope you realize that what Green is talking about is what made Manning's game when he had Edge. Green is the same thing and that I would hope should be exciting for whoever the QB is. If its still David I'm certain he will be delighted.

Navy_Chris
03-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I would hope you realize that what Green is talking about is what made Manning's game when he had Edge. Green is the same thing and that I would hope should be exciting for whoever the QB is. If its still David I'm certain he will be delighted.

Green is a good RB and I'm excited to see SAGE handing him the ball next season. David Carr is old news.

dirty steve
03-06-2007, 07:52 PM
dont you? i dont think i have ever read one of your posts that didnt have DC's name attached to it.

Navy_Chris
03-06-2007, 07:53 PM
dont you? i dont think i have ever read one of your posts that didnt have DC's name attached to it.

true. but I'm GETTING tired of it. I'm not quite there yet Steve.

MATRIX
03-06-2007, 08:19 PM
You do know what Carr is most likely doing?

Training.

Yea, I know sounds dumb. But, if you heard all the rumors and talk on the net about being gone. I'd bust my a@@ to be sure if I was I was ready. However, given the 2yr plan, with the same system this being year 2. That I wouldn't doubt he will be here till next year.

So, the top secret camp BS. Maybe not so stupid, if he knows he is gone if he dosen't produce BIG this year. He is cut/gone/toast. So, why not train and try to prove all of us wrong?

QB75
03-06-2007, 09:05 PM

Green should just worry about his own performance.

michaelm
03-06-2007, 10:11 PM
One of my priorities other than running the ball and scoring will be to help protect David Carr or whoever's throwing the ball."
Green should just worry about his own performance.

You emboldened the wrong part of his statement...I fixed it for you... he pretty much was talking about his own perfomance.

Second Honeymoon
03-06-2007, 10:21 PM
You do know what Carr is most likely doing?

Training.

Yea, I know sounds dumb. But, if you heard all the rumors and talk on the net about being gone. I'd bust my a@@ to be sure if I was I was ready. However, given the 2yr plan, with the same system this being year 2. That I wouldn't doubt he will be here till next year.

So, the top secret camp BS. Maybe not so stupid, if he knows he is gone if he dosen't produce BIG this year. He is cut/gone/toast. So, why not train and try to prove all of us wrong?

he isn't training. his priorities are family and faith. then comes all the football 'distraction'. he is probably hanging out around the house, cashing huge checks, and surfing the web for more clothes that his wife can dress him up in.

his put up or shut up year was Years 4 and 5 and we all know how those years went. football is just a job to him so he will never amount to a hill of beans anywhere.....but at least he is a good christian family man....which is enough for half the losers around here

/yawns

michaelm
03-06-2007, 10:33 PM
he isn't training. his priorities are family and faith. then comes all the football 'distraction'. he is probably hanging out around the house, cashing huge checks, and surfing the web for more clothes that his wife can dress him up in.

his put up or shut up year was Years 4 and 5 and we all know how those years went. football is just a job to him so he will never amount to a hill of beans anywhere.....but at least he is a good christian family man....which is enough for half the losers around here

/yawns

Man, you make things too personal at times... calling his family gravy trainers earlier, taking personal shots at a player and his wife, and calling people here losers...
Maybe you need to take a sabbatical from these boards and get some perspective.

texan_fan_8
03-06-2007, 10:40 PM
This town is making David Carr its scape goat. The Texans have never ever provided him with a top notch running game and protection. They hired a coach his first year that ran Tim Couch into the ground.

David and his family can read the writing that most of you guys are putting on the wall and probably knows that he will be gone next year, so thats probably why he wasn't there yesterday.

But you should also know that David wasn't at the press conference when Gary Kubiak was announced as head coach, and with his job in the balance last year you would have thought he would have been there then. So how do you read into it now??

I think that this is a job for the guy and that's been the whole problem all the way along. Its just a job. Not a commitment. Not a career. Just a job.