PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought......

DBLR1
03-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Well this is a message board so some pretty stupid things have been brought up but this actually could happen...Lance Freakin' Briggs is a possibility. He wants out of Chicago so you never know. What would you give up for him to line up next to Mr. Ryans????

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Well this is a message board so stupider things have been brought up...Lance Freakin' Briggs is a possibility. He wants out of Chicago so you never know. What would you give up for him to line up next to Mr. Ryans????

Didn't the franchise him? If so it would take too much for us to get him. i'm thinking like 1st and 2nd and maybe a 2nd next...something insane.

To me it's not worth it at all. he'd be AWESOME next to demeco...and then we draft Patrick Willis....we'd have the best LB's ever.

I wouldn't give up any first day picks for him...if we were already built up and just need a linebacker....by all means lets get him but we have way too many needs.

DBLR1
03-05-2007, 11:15 PM
I would give up our #8 and Carr for their #31 and him and give him the contract he deserves. He is amazing. He is a bigger version of D. Ryans. I am down with the #8 but that is gonna be even more cap space gone for an unproven rookie. I would rather put that money into something that is a given. You sign him to a long term deal at max dollars and you know that spot is done for a while. And the whole Carr addition would work for them. He is much better than Rex in my opinion and yes I am a Bear fan. Have been all my life but I live here and root for the Texans too.

DBLR1
03-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Here's the link on espn.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2788148

texansfan1974
03-05-2007, 11:17 PM
I would give a 3rd round this year 2nd and a 5th next year and DAVID CARR:drunk:

DBLR1
03-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Didn't the franchise him? If so it would take too much for us to get him. i'm thinking like 1st and 2nd and maybe a 2nd next...something insane.

To me it's not worth it at all. he'd be AWESOME next to demeco...and then we draft Patrick Willis....we'd have the best LB's ever.

I wouldn't give up any first day picks for him...if we were already built up and just need a linebacker....by all means lets get him but we have way too many needs.

If the guy isn't happy and they can get something for him then I don't think it is too crazy.

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 11:21 PM
I would give up our #8 for their #31 and him and give him the contract he deserves. He is amazing. He is a bigger version of D. Ryans. I am down with the #8 but that is gonna be even more cap space gone for an unproven rookie. I would rather put that money into something that is a given. You sign him to a long term deal at max dollars and you know that spot is done for a while.....

Or we could take Landry or Willis...both are virtually bust-free.

There aren't any sure things in any draft but i'll take my chance with our 8th pick...if it is defense being a hell of a player.

give me landry, willis, okoye, branch, anderson, or adams. i'll keep my 2nd round pick too. That would address two hole on our defense that would start right away and most likely be on our team for a very long time.

i'm not discounting briggs one bit...but i would not tie that much into him...never in a million years.

if we did that, we'd be looking at 1 day 1 pick...and 4 day 2 picks. we still have to address DT, FS, CB for defense...and OL,WR on our offense.

If for some reason briggs tore his ACL....it would be HIM, our 1st rd pick, and our 2nd round pick that would miss the whole season...he wouldn't just be one player at that point he'd be three....another thing we really need is depth.

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 11:24 PM
I would give up our #8 and Carr for their #31 and him and give him the contract he deserves. He is amazing. He is a bigger version of D. Ryans. I am down with the #8 but that is gonna be even more cap space gone for an unproven rookie. I would rather put that money into something that is a given. You sign him to a long term deal at max dollars and you know that spot is done for a while. And the whole Carr addition would work for them. He is much better than Rex in my opinion and yes I am a Bear fan. Have been all my life but I live here and root for the Texans too.

sorry i'm watching a movie and COMPLETLY misread your post.

Chicago would never go for that deal. Carr is virtually a high 4th round pick. I would definitly do that trade if they were offering it. give them carr and our 1st and take their 1st? and Lance Briggs?

yes i'd do that, but chicago i doubt would...i'd assume they'd ask for our 1st, Carr, and then probably our 1st and 3rd next....we wouldn't get their 1st though.

DBLR1
03-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Like I said before, I would give them our 1st and that is it. Not another pick at all. He wants out of there and they won't get a thing for him if he walks when his contract is up. He is peaking right now and they could move up to 8 and get Levi Brown or something to that extent. I don't think the asking price would be too extreme but his contract would but it couldn't be that much worse than what the early 1st round picks are getting now.

HuttoKarl
03-05-2007, 11:28 PM
NO WAY! LANCE CAN'T WIN THE BIG GAME!!!

:shades:

DBLR1
03-05-2007, 11:30 PM
NO WAY! LANCE CAN'T WIN THE BIG GAME!!!

:shades:

I'll take a loss in the BIG game instead of a bunch of guys who can barely win A game!

joshri
03-06-2007, 11:10 AM
The 8th and Carr for their pick and Briggs is actually not a bad trade idea.

That would be one of the only deals I'd make with the 8th pick.

Errant Hothy
03-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Excpet that the Bears have tagged him and there is nothing the Biggs can do about it. And I remember from the Galloway trade to Dallas the cost of a tagged player is 2 1st roun picks and nobody but Brady and Manning are worth that.

And why would the Bears take Carr? IF they felt confident enough to start grossman during a playoff run why would they won't another high dollar QB on teh roster?

common_fan
03-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Excpet that the Bears have tagged him and there is nothing the Biggs can do about it. And I remember from the Galloway trade to Dallas the cost of a tagged player is 2 1st roun picks and nobody but Brady and Manning are worth that.

And why would the Bears take Carr? IF they felt confident enough to start grossman during a playoff run why would they won't another high dollar QB on teh roster?

You forgot LT... and Lebron...

TwinSisters
03-06-2007, 11:32 AM

Griese,Briggs to Houston.
Carr, 2nd round to Chicago.

Errant Hothy
03-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Griese,Briggs to Houston.
Carr, 2nd round to Chicago.

That trade won't even work in Madden. Plus, as I say this once again, Rick Smith has said that the team will not be trading any draft picks. Plus this leaves the Bears with a back-up QB making more then their starter.

Fact=Biggs will not be a Texan.

TwinSisters
03-06-2007, 11:40 AM
That trade won't even work in Madden. Plus, as I say this once again, Rick Smith has said that the team will not be trading any draft picks. Plus this leaves the Bears with a back-up QB making more then their starter.

Fact=Biggs will not be a Texan.

:D Briggs's agent is Drew Rosenhaus. So I agree.