PDA

View Full Version : whats the next move?

baba ganoush
03-05-2007, 05:08 PM
I believe that Ahman was a good pick up and im stoked about Andre restructuring his contract...now i think we should put the majority of our free agents money into signing Ken Hamlin, and then get others for depth...what do yall think should be next???

Clash_Fan3605
03-05-2007, 05:11 PM
That would be neat if we signed Ken Hamlin. If we didn't, we should definitely draft Landry NOT Quinn. If we did sign Hamlin, we should draft Levi Brown or trade down and get Darrelle Revis. Ken Hamlin & Cooper Carlisle are the only FA signings I could see.

texans83
03-05-2007, 05:15 PM
That would be neat if we signed Ken Hamlin. If we didn't, we should definitely draft Landry NOT Quinn. If we did sign Hamlin, we should draft Levi Brown or trade down and get Darrelle Revis. Ken Hamlin & Cooper Carlisle are the only FA signings I could see.

Ok why not Quinn?

Clash_Fan3605
03-05-2007, 05:22 PM
1. Can't win the big game
2. Defense Wins Championships
3. LaRon Landry could very well be the next Ed Reed / Brian Dawkins.
4. FS is a bigger priority than QB

Texan_Bill
03-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Ok why not Quinn?

Gun shy.....

"fool me once, shame on you: Mr. Carr, Mr. Couch, and other highly drafted QB's."
"fool me twice, shame on me."

I also get this feeling in the pit of my stomach, that Quinn is the next Rick Mirer.

Nawzer
03-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I'd like to see them sign an o-linesman and another d-back.

DomDavis
03-05-2007, 05:26 PM
1. Can't win the big game
2. Defense Wins Championships
3. LaRon Landry could very well be the next Ed Reed / Brian Dawkins.
4. FS is a bigger priority than QB

1) Teams win games, not individual players
2) Teams win championships, not overrated cliches or one side of the ball
3) Brady Quinn could very well be the next really good QB
4) I'm not sure that's true... QB is the most important position on the field

Grid
03-05-2007, 05:34 PM
We need help in our secondary.. especially in our division.

Landry would be prefferable to me than Quinn. Now, if Russell was available, that would be a more difficult decision to make.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2007, 05:35 PM

In addition, I wasn't very impressed with Notre Dame's schedule in 2006 either:
Opponent
at Georgia Tech
Penn State
Michigan
at Michigan State
Purdue
Stanford
UCLA
at Navy
North Carolina
at Air Force
Army
at USC

Couldn't they fit the Coast Guard Academy on their schedule??

HJam72
03-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I don't follow college football, but I keep hearing that next year's draft will be a great time to get a QB. We also have a lot of needs, particularly DBs, O-linemen, and OLBs, so I think we should wait on the QB situation.

Nothing really against Quinn, but I don't want him.

Clash_Fan3605
03-05-2007, 05:39 PM

On the Texans. For the Texans, FS is a bigger priority than QB.

DomDavis
03-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Notre Dame played one of the 20 toughest schedules in the country last year, by almost any measure you use. Michigan, USC, Michigan State, Georgia Tech, Penn State, Purdue, UCLA... that's a deep collection of talented teams. Did they have their weak wins in there? Absolutely - just like Texas has its wins over Sam Houston State, North Texas, Rice, Baylor, etc. It's college football - every team has 3-5 automatic wins per season.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2007, 05:44 PM
On the Texans. For the Texans, FS is a bigger priority than QB.

I'm not sure that I would necessarily agree FS is a bigger priority than other positions, but I agree with your premise that there are glaring holes that need to be addressed ASAP before the QB position.

Thats not to say, that the QB position doesn't need to be addressed because it does. I would just rather draft a QB later on and bring him along over the next couple of seasons. Not invest a high draft choice - AGAIN on a QB.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Notre Dame played one of the 20 toughest schedules in the country last year, by almost any measure you use. Michigan, USC, Michigan State, Georgia Tech, Penn State, Purdue, UCLA... that's a deep collection of talented teams. Did they have their weak wins in there? Absolutely - just like Texas has its wins over Sam Houston State, North Texas, Rice, Baylor, etc. It's college football - every team has 3-5 automatic wins per season.

Last time I checked, Michigan State was firing their head coach, USC and Michigan spanked Notre Dame, Penn State was nothing to write home to momma about, they squeaked by Georgia Tech and picked on the military acadamies - giving them a 10-2 record.. Again, I will say that I am not impressed.

Now, their bowl against LSU and Jamarcus Russell.....Result: OWNED

I beleive there are others on here who feel like Notre Dame is over rated year after year, and many times their players are swept up in the hype machine. I beleive this to be the case with Rick Mirer.......errrrr Brady Quinn.

September
Sept. 2 Notre Dame 14, Georgia Tech 10
Sept. 9 Notre Dame 41, Penn St. 17
Sept. 16 Michigan 47, Notre Dame 21
Sept. 23 Notre Dame 40, Michigan St. 37
Sept. 30 Notre Dame 35, Purdue 21
October
Oct. 7 Notre Dame 31, Stanford 10
Oct. 21 Notre Dame 20, UCLA 17
Oct. 28 Notre Dame 38, Navy 14
November
Nov. 4 Notre Dame 45, North Carolina 26
Nov. 11 Notre Dame 39, Air Force 17
Nov. 18 Notre Dame 41, Army 9
Nov. 25 Southern Cal 44, Notre Dame 24
2007 Schedule/Results
January
Jan. 3 LSU 41, Notre Dame 14

SuperMario
03-05-2007, 06:02 PM
We signed WR Charlie Adams.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

BattleRedRaider
03-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I beleive this to be the case with Rick Mirer.......errrrr Brady Quinn.

Yes, because Rick Mirer's the only ND QB to play in the NFL.:rolleyes:

ryansisgod
03-05-2007, 06:07 PM
someone here said that we tried to trade for Joey Porter, so im hoping we go after him, i hope he hasn't signed with someone yet.

amazingandre
03-05-2007, 06:38 PM
ND has a whole lost to those teams....i dont know if you watched the games at all???? but there defense sucked horribly......brady quinn did a great job and he did his part.....his defense and offensive surroundings werent that stout.....we need a qb that is better than hand-off material......so dont compare brady quinn s team to another team...its not a realistic comparision....

Clash_Fan3605
03-05-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure that I would necessarily agree FS is a bigger priority than other positions, but I agree with your premise that there are glaring holes that need to be addressed ASAP before the QB position.

Thats not to say, that the QB position doesn't need to be addressed because it does. I would just rather draft a QB later on and bring him along over the next couple of seasons. Not invest a high draft choice - AGAIN on a QB.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Landry could be awesome, we need to stay where we are and draft him-or trade down-. I wouldn't be bothered at all if Drew Stanton or Kevin Kolb sat and watched for a year or two. Just because a QB isn't drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean that he would suck. Draft Stanton / Kolb in the 3rd / 4th and let Kubiak "groom" him.

Yankee_In_TX
03-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Opponent
at Georgia Tech
Penn State
Michigan
at Michigan State
Purdue
Stanford
UCLA
at Navy
North Carolina
at Air Force
Army
at USC

Somehow, when the experts bash Quinn, they NEVER mention my Buckeyes. AJ Hawk Destroyed Quinn in the 2006 Fiest Bowl, and Quinn looked like Smith in the Nat'l Championship.

DomDavis
03-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Somehow, when the experts bash Quinn, they NEVER mention my Buckeyes. AJ Hawk Destroyed Quinn in the 2006 Fiest Bowl, and Quinn looked like Smith in the Nat'l Championship.

Quinn in Fiesta Bowl: 29-45, 286 yards, no turnovers
Smith in national championship: 4-14, 35 yards, 1 INT

That's a pretty big difference.

Again, in the Fiesta Bowl, Notre Dame losing had a bit more to do with a defense that allowed 34 points and Ohio State having an advantage in team speed essentially across the board.

keyfro
03-05-2007, 07:36 PM
while i'm not ready to say quinn is gonna be an automatic bust in the nfl i just think if we really want to improve our team the best choice is landry since he fixes two needs at once

1. we would then have a cover FS who can hit

2. this move would allow d-rob to be one on one with the other teams best receiver...and it would allow faggins some help since landry would be watching he's back

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 07:46 PM
while i'm not ready to say quinn is gonna be an automatic bust in the nfl i just think if we really want to improve our team the best choice is landry since he fixes two needs at once

1. we would then have a cover FS who can hit

2. this move would allow d-rob to be one on one with the other teams best receiver...and it would allow faggins some help since landry would be watching he's back

that's exactly it. I like your thinking.

1-FS who can hit, cover the field (ball hawk w/ 4.35 speed), blitz, help in run support.

2-majorly help d-rob by letting him do his thing, basically just be faggins big brother and watch out for him.lol faggins is pretty good with the short routes but gets beat deep...like you said landry would be ALL over that deep pass.

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Next moves...

RON DAYNE? I would really like to see us resign him. Do y'all know what we're thinking? I'm hoping we released him so we could then resign him for cheaper...is that how it works? I like what he did while he was here.

I think having two guys like Dayne and Green....and then two guys like Lundy and Taylor would be sweet. Domanick is out/ gone.. i think these four guys would be great and would eat up the clock and get us yards next year. I also don't think we'd need to address RB in the draft at all. but focus on other needs for long term building.

can we sign dayne please?

keyfro
03-05-2007, 07:53 PM
well if we do re-sign dayne the one thing for certain it does is make the training camp battle a heated one...you will have green starting with dayne battling taylor, williams, lundy, gado, and probably at least one UDFA for roster spots...the guys who can do more will be on the team and the ones who can only be a runningback will find themselves on the street

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 08:03 PM
well if we do re-sign dayne the one thing for certain it does is make the training camp battle a heated one...you will have green starting with dayne battling taylor, williams, lundy, gado, and probably at least one UDFA for roster spots...the guys who can do more will be on the team and the ones who can only be a runningback will find themselves on the street

sheesh, I forgot about Gado. I don't think 'williams' will be with us. but I guess i could see us drafting one late day 2 or definitly undrafted.

I would like Green starting with throwing in Dayne on certain downs...lundy..and taylor in others...I like Gado too but isn't 5 a lot of RB's

glad i'm not coach.

Navy_Chris
03-05-2007, 08:07 PM
sheesh, I forgot about Gado. I don't think 'williams' will be with us. but I guess i could see us drafting one late day 2 or definitly undrafted.

I would like Green starting with throwing in Dayne on certain downs...lundy..and taylor in others...I like Gado too but isn't 5 a lot of RB's

glad i'm not coach.

Green's my starter, my go-to guy.
Dayne's my short yardage, goal line back
Taylor's my 'change of pace' back; I'd even line him at fullback once in a while to see if I can't catch the defense napping a little

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Green's my starter, my go-to guy.
Dayne's my short yardage, goal line back
Taylor's my 'change of pace' back; I'd even line him at fullback once in a while to see if I can't catch the defense napping a little

I like you're picture. That smiles says to me "haha y'all are in for a big surprise" -I dont know if i like that or not...lol

I like how you have it a lot. does that mean lundy is on the practice squad...gado, williams, and UFA all cut??

I could live with this...and dare I say I'd actually like our RB situation!? that's unheard of.

Hulk75
03-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Speaking of Cooper and I hope we get him, doesnt he look like Dwight Shrutt from the Office?

http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Team/carlisle_mug.jpg http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/tv_pix/nbc/the_office/rainn_wilson/office_haaseth.jpg

Navy_Chris
03-05-2007, 08:15 PM
I like you're picture. That smiles says to me "haha y'all are in for a big surprise" -I dont know if i like that or not...lol

I like how you have it a lot. does that mean lundy is on the practice squad...gado, williams, and UFA all cut??

I could live with this...and dare I say I'd actually like our RB situation!? that's unheard of.

I'd most likely cut Lundy when we have to trim down to 53.
I'd thank DW for his service to date, but part ways immediately.
I'd cut Gado, even though I'd hate to see him go, BC he's a classy guy.

HomeBred_Texan
03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
I hope they stay out of the FA deals for now. Wait until after June 1st to see who is released...

I would start my focus solely on the draft. Figure out who is going to be there and evaluate all of them and take BPA. Wouldn't draft a QB this year, unless the Kolb kid fell into my lap at the 3rd round. He will be a steal there.

With 1st pick, sitting at number 8 and not making a trade, would hope that AD still falls, but since it is projected that he won't. I would make dang sure I have all of my ducks in a row and get some talent with that pick. Some good players will be there, and get the best one that helps my team the quickest, no matter who that is. I have fans that I need to satisfy and it's time to start drafting smart and not strickly for need with 1st rounders. AKA, trading 1st's with N.O. and losing out on 2 players that could have helped my team...

Don't really care if they draft D or O, as long as it helps my team... Leave this big priced FA's along and let other teams swallow those huge hits, like Dallas just did...

I think the QB class in the 08' draft will be much better than the 07' class, so I have to look ahead at what is best for the Texans in the long run...

Simply put, NO MORE BAND-AID fixes...................................

Navy_Chris
03-05-2007, 08:22 PM
I hope they stay out of the FA deals for now. Wait until after June 1st to see who is released...

I would start my focus solely on the draft. Figure out who is going to be there and evaluate all of them and take BPA. Wouldn't draft a QB this year, unless the Kolb kid fell into my lap at the 3rd round. He will be a steal there.

With 1st pick, sitting at number 8 and not making a trade, would hope that AD still falls, but since it is projected that he won't. I would make dang sure I have all of my ducks in a row and get some talent with that pick. Some good players will be there, and get the best one that helps my team the quickest, no matter who that is. I have fans that I need to satisfy and it's time to start drafting smart and not strickly for need with 1st rounders. AKA, trading 1st's with N.O. and losing out on 2 players that could have helped my team...

Don't really care if they draft D or O, as long as it helps my team... Leave this big priced FA's along and let other teams swallow those huge hits, like Dallas just did...

I think the QB class in the 08' draft will be much better than the 07' class, so I have to look ahead at what is best for the Texans in the long run...

Simply put, NO MORE BAND-AID fixes...................................

Maybe it's just me, but I have a strong feeling Tampa Bay's going to release Simeon Rice. And when they do, we're going to pounce on him.

HomeBred_Texan
03-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I have a strong feeling Tampa Bay's going to release Simeon Rice. And when they do, we're going to pounce on him.

Not only him, but I see that after the draft, there will be allot of good players being moved around. More than got released here in March. The steals are around when the season is going to start. The guys that should be on the team but have become a number's casualty... Does that make sence?

Navy_Chris
03-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Not only him, but I see that after the draft, there will be allot of good players being moved around. More than got released here in March. The steals are around when the season is going to start. The guys that should be on the team but have become a number's casualty... Does that make sence?

yeah I gotcha. you're probably right. McNair said we're going to be "active" in free agency. I highly doubt Ahman Green is the only signing we'll see. He may be the most prolific player we sign, but I think there's also a Lenny Walls signing coming up.

keyfro
03-05-2007, 10:47 PM
i wonder if we'll take a look at randy mcmichael who just got cut from miami...i know his touchdowns of gone down but he's still a young guy with a lot of talent...if his price isn't too high we could afford him to team up with daniels

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 10:51 PM
i wonder if we'll take a look at randy mcmichael who just got cut from miami...i know his touchdowns of gone down but he's still a young guy with a lot of talent...if his price isn't too high we could afford him to team up with daniels

I'll vouch for that...definitly had to cut him last season...he was on my fantasy team. i don't know much about him....if he's a decent blocker that might be a real nice complement...any idea what his contract was like in miami?

GoTexans
03-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Brady Quinn has looked terrible in pretty much every big game he's ever been in.

Im happy with drafting LaRon Landry.

I dont think Quinn would fall far enough for the Texans regardless.

JaMarcus is the only first QB I like.

Stanton and Kolb would be good third round picks.

kcwilson
03-06-2007, 12:00 AM

And right after we pounce on him, he will run to Detroit and reunite with Rod Marinelli and his Cover 2 scheme that made Simeon a monster in his time.

kcwilson
03-06-2007, 12:09 AM
I would make dang sure I have all of my ducks in a row...

Ok, first my random thought: Why do we have to put ducks in a row in order to be prepared... what is that about? Don't Ducks like to be in V-formations.

On with regularly scheduled programming....

I think teh impact that LaRon Landry can bring will be much more significant than Brady Quinn. I would be more apt to look at Stanton or Edwards (Stanford - hey the kid has to be smart) later in the draft.

Sadly, I think we'll have a little Detroit stigma on us if we take a QB in the first round... the pressure of being the annointed 1st round draft pick to replace Carr will be pretty significant. That and Quinn's track record in big games isn't all that impressive. Don't we want to bring in winners? Now I know that Stanton and Edwards contradict that philosophy, but I think that there won't be the overall resentment of the Carr stigma that follows them, which if huge.

THe defense could be tremendous this year with some DL depth, not a superstar, just some depth, and an improved secondary with Landry able to support the run and get burned ala CC Brown. We would be tough against the run and I think we would benefit from taking another CB in the draft as well...

S, QB, OL, DL, CB, WRorLB, OL (this 7th rounder will be Kubiak's diamond in the rough 6'3 280 lb. OL that is quick and from a small school but he thinks he can coach).

The Pencil Neck
03-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Ok, first my random thought: Why do we have to put ducks in a row in order to be prepared... what is that about? Don't Ducks like to be in V-formations.

From "Why You Say It" by Webb Garrison:
"Ducks in a Row, Get/Put Your - Primitive versions of modern bowling were known many centuries ago. Pins of varied sizes and shapes were employed. Eventually they were standardized at fifteen inches in both height and circumstances. Originally called ten-pins, the equipment used in Europe was employed in the earliest American bowling saloons. The game was modified by introduction of a short, slender pin that was compared with a duck and, by extension, called them duckpins. So many people reset so many pins in rows that one who completes a task is commended as having put his 'ducks in a row.'"

HTH.

DomDavis
03-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Brady Quinn has looked terrible in pretty much every big game he's ever been in.

Brady Quinn vs. USC, 2006: 274 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 74 rushing yards
Brady Quinn vs. OSU, 2006: 29-45, 286 yards, 0 turnovers
Brady Quinn vs. UCLA, 2006: 27-45, 304 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT
Brady Quinn vs. USC, 2005: 19-35, 264 yards, 1 TD, 1 rushing TD
Brady Quinn vs. Tennessee, 2005: 20-33, 295 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT
Brady Quinn vs. Michigan, 2005: 19-30, 140 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

Please detail what was so terrible about these performances, all crucial against very legitimate opponents.

TK_Gamer
03-06-2007, 01:04 AM
yeah I agree, I think quinn will be a fine QB, the question really is , do we spend our first pick on a QB if landry or thomas is available. I think no, the only way i see us grabbing quinn is some fluke the lets him fall to no. 8 and landry, thomas, and peterson are all gone. I would actually trade up to take thomas or landry i would not trade up to take quinn or peterson.

titan hater
03-06-2007, 09:01 AM
We need help in our secondary.. especially in our division.

Landry would be prefferable to me than Quinn. Now, if Russell was available, that would be a more difficult decision to make.

Grid - Did you go to LSU? I get the impression that everyone who went to LSU is advocating Landry...Maybe we should look at Tom Brady...He was taught and trained by Charlie Weis, who happens to be Quinn’s Coach. Also, if you saw most ND games last year you will notice that Quinn was running for his life during the big games...Russell had a couple of great games and a few good ones...I don't see how we can pass up on Quinn who is more ready for the NFL then Russell...As far as Landry...Can't we do like most teams and look at safety in a later round? Maybe 3rd or forth?

HuttoKarl
03-06-2007, 09:09 AM

On with regularly scheduled programming....

I think teh impact that LaRon Landry can bring will be much more significant than Brady Quinn. I would be more apt to look at Stanton or Edwards (Stanford - hey the kid has to be smart) later in the draft.

Sadly, I think we'll have a little Detroit stigma on us if we take a QB in the first round... the pressure of being the annointed 1st round draft pick to replace Carr will be pretty significant. That and Quinn's track record in big games isn't all that impressive. Don't we want to bring in winners? Now I know that Stanton and Edwards contradict that philosophy, but I think that there won't be the overall resentment of the Carr stigma that follows them, which if huge.

THe defense could be tremendous this year with some DL depth, not a superstar, just some depth, and an improved secondary with Landry able to support the run and get burned ala CC Brown. We would be tough against the run and I think we would benefit from taking another CB in the draft as well...

S, QB, OL, DL, CB, WRorLB, OL (this 7th rounder will be Kubiak's diamond in the rough 6'3 280 lb. OL that is quick and from a small school but he thinks he can coach).

I think GEESE go for the V-formations.

I think if we're looking for immediate impact, Landry's the guy. I won't be sad if we end up with Quinn, however. You're the only person other than myself on this board that I've seen who's mentioned Edwards from Stanford...he could be a very good QB and I'm all for taking him in the 4th.

kcwilson
03-06-2007, 11:04 AM
I think GEESE go for the V-formations.

I think if we're looking for immediate impact, Landry's the guy. I won't be sad if we end up with Quinn, however. You're the only person other than myself on this board that I've seen who's mentioned Edwards from Stanford...he could be a very good QB and I'm all for taking him in the 4th.

Wow, I went braindead, geese are v-formation and ducks fly in a straight line I think. Basic kindergarten stuff... too much NFL combine late at night.

I think everyone would agree that with the improvement we saw on defense after week 4 last year, we have the makings of a solid defense, and Rick Smith did a great job plugging the gaps of injured players. It would be tremendous to fill the secondary holes, and pick up one DT.

I think we will get much better long term value from a Laron landry type player and truly keep our offense in the game with a solid defense.

El Amigo Invisible
03-06-2007, 11:57 AM
We need to address both of our lines .

HuttoKarl
03-06-2007, 12:31 PM
We need to address both of our lines .

There's no doubt about that. What about that troublemaker DT who got booted from the Gators? He was considered to be running w/ Branch as the top DT before he screwed up. He supposedly is very remorseful and wants to play and be successful. I bet he'll be there in the third.

mike230765
03-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Draft Landry or O-line. If we do draft Landry I bet he gets endorsements from Landrys seafood.

texans83
03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Draft Landry or O-line. If we do draft Landry I bet he gets endorsements from Landrys seafood.

dude you have to much time on your hands!!!

Second Honeymoon
03-06-2007, 01:20 PM

/signed

PapaL
03-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Brady Quinn vs. USC, 2006: 274 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 74 rushing yards
Brady Quinn vs. OSU, 2006: 29-45, 286 yards, 0 turnovers
Brady Quinn vs. UCLA, 2006: 27-45, 304 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT
Brady Quinn vs. USC, 2005: 19-35, 264 yards, 1 TD, 1 rushing TD
Brady Quinn vs. Tennessee, 2005: 20-33, 295 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT
Brady Quinn vs. Michigan, 2005: 19-30, 140 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

Please detail what was so terrible about these performances, all crucial against very legitimate opponents.

The L next to all of them. As in Lost. Screw stats, I'll take the guy that wins.

DC put up pretty good stats in our blow out losses. Did that make anyone feel better?

Second Honeymoon
03-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Opponent
at Georgia Tech
Penn State
Michigan
at Michigan State
Purdue
Stanford
UCLA
at Navy
North Carolina
at Air Force
Army
at USC

WTF?!?!? Are you saying that Notre Dame's schedule wasn't tough? Dude, that is just stupid. They have one of the toughest schedules in football EVERY year. Anyone who knows college football will tell you that.

go look at most college programs schedules. they are embarassing. the Big12 schedule is a freaking joke year in and year out so dont even go there.

If someone wants to go look up the numbers, fine but I would bet dollars to donuts that ND had one of the 5 toughest schedules in all of football for the past 3 years easily.

It's comments like 'notre dame plays a soft schedule' or 'Couldn't they fit the Coast Guard Academy on their schedule?' that really make me question the football intellect of the average Texans fan that posts on this board.....

but continue to pile on the military academy's football programs. they have actually been on the rise of late and those matchups have been scheduled since the beginning of time....

im not a Notre Dame fan, but to question their schedule is just off the charts with stupidity

Second Honeymoon
03-06-2007, 01:31 PM
The L next to all of them. As in Lost. Screw stats, I'll take the guy that wins.

DC put up pretty good stats in our blow out losses. Did that make anyone feel better?

Sorry. I didn't realize that Quinn played on defense. My apologies. When your team is giving up 40 points a game even when your QB isn't turning the ball over constantly (like some unnamed loser QB) you arent going to win many games.

Texan_Bill
03-06-2007, 01:49 PM

Excellent points..... But sometimes that stat game can be fun.....

So, after ND goes 10-2 as an "independent", they make it to the Sugar Bowl against LSU. This easily the biggest game of the season for both of these perennial power houses.... Let's see how he (Quinn) fared:

15 of 35 (~42%) for 148 yards for about 4.2 avg. with 2 TDs, and alas 2 INTs.

OUCH!

David Carr thinks thats messed up......

Second Honeymoon
03-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Excellent points..... But sometimes that stat game can be fun.....

So, after ND goes 10-2 as an "independent", they make it to the Sugar Bowl against LSU. This easily the biggest game of the season for both of these perennial power houses.... Let's see how he (Quinn) fared:

15 of 35 (~42%) for 148 yards for about 4.2 avg. with 2 TDs, and alas 2 INTs.

OUCH!

David Carr thinks thats messed up......

that would actually be considered a great game by Carr's standards

tulexan
03-06-2007, 02:03 PM

I didn't realize that he was the only person playing on that team in those losses. For the most part ND lost those games despite Quinn's performance, not in spite of them.

Errant Hothy
03-06-2007, 02:04 PM

But David won several so called "BIG" games in college that make you feel any better about the selection in 02?

DomDavis
03-06-2007, 02:38 PM

All of them? Try 3 of those 6. And in those losses, the Notre Dame defense allowed 44 points, 34 points, and 35 points. But yeah, Quinn should win a game by himself. Defense doesn't matter.

Clearly, the Texans quarterback rotation for 2007 should be Craig Krynzel, Josh Heupel, and Tee Martin. All three "won" all the games their senior seasons - why aren't they starting in the NFL?

For that matter, shouldn't the Saints be chomping at the bit to trade Drew Brees for Rex Grossman? Grossman led his team to the Super Bowl and won three more games... something that Brees hasn't been able to do. Brees sucks, Grossman for MVP!

barzilla
03-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Whether or not Quinn won big games is not really the issue. The issue is whether he will be a good QB at the next level. The whole point is that we really don't know. I'm tired of spending first round picks on guys we "think" might be great players. Let's find a great player (any position) and just go with it. Gosh knows we need impact players everywhere on the field. It shouldn't matter whether it is at QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, LB, or in the secondary. There are very few positions I look at and think, "well, we got that spot covered with an all-pro type player."