PDA

View Full Version : Stop referring to this period as "Rebuilding Years"

marv800
03-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Rebuilding suggests that you are reassemling a team from a past era of success where the players that comprised a team were once the reference standard.

We have not yet tasted success. We have never had a great person at QB, FB, LT, RT, RG, LG, etc.

If these are rebuilding years, then I don;t think I want to see what we are rebuilding to.

Reddevil63
03-05-2007, 02:00 PM
this public service announcement brought to you by marv

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 02:10 PM
I get your point i think. Are you saying since we've never been good..we're not rebuilding but rather still building? i'll agree to that.

But i will say i refer to it as rebuilding simply because we have a new regime in. The old construction crew built up a house that was sub standard and probably against certain codes..lol. Now kubiak and Smith have been hired as our new construction builders and are taking down all the rotten....very expensive pieces of wood/ "support beems" that infact do absolutely nothing but bring down the value of the house. Because of that they have to pretty much take it all apart....Lay Down a new foundation (scheme...strategy..) and take those parts we've kept and start rebuilding it up.

I think we're going to have a pretty sweet "house" when it's all said and done. They are BUILDING it correctly and to the highest standards in the industry.

TEXANRED
03-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Rebuilding suggests that you are reassemling a team from a past era of success where the players that comprised a team were once the reference standard.

We have not yet tasted success. We have never had a great person at QB, FB, LT, RT, RG, LG, etc.

If these are rebuilding years, then I don;t think I want to see what we are rebuilding to.

By Man Law I am entitled to call this a rebuilding year.

texans83
03-05-2007, 02:14 PM
I get your point i think. Are you saying since we've never been good..we're not rebuilding but rather still building? i'll agree to that.

But i will say i refer to it as rebuilding simply because we have a new regime in. The old construction crew built up a house that was sub standard and probably against certain codes..lol. Now kubiak and Smith have been hired as our new construction builders and are taking down all the rotten....very expensive pieces of wood/ "support beems" that infact do absolutely nothing but bring down the value of the house. Because of that they have to pretty much take it all apart....Lay Down a new foundation (scheme...strategy..) and take those parts we've kept and start rebuilding it up.

I think we're going to have a pretty sweet "house" when it's all said and done. They are BUILDING it correctly and to the highest standards in the industry.

haha good one, well said.

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 02:24 PM

LOL, "Don't fruit the beer"

Texan_Bill
03-05-2007, 02:28 PM

Please cite the precedence.

threetoedpete
03-05-2007, 02:30 PM
LOL, "Don't fruit the beer"

They lost me on that one. Ice cold Tecate and lime on a hot July day the only way to go.

Agreed old Miss. The fact is and I looked it up for something else the other day, there was a void of tallent in the 2002 and 2003 draft at key "franchise" positions. I think most of us understand that. If we were all "Edgar Casey's" we'd of taken Peppers with the #1 instead of David Carr in 2002 , and started to build the lines in 2003. From that fact...you cannot build anything if there is basicaly nothing there to build with....we're rebuilding. They draft is a cycle thing. We just happened to come into the league on a couple of bad tallent drafts. And we had a front office tring to make chicken salad out of...well you know the rest. But yes, we're rebuilding. Sorry about that.

afcman
03-05-2007, 02:38 PM
How about "starting over" ? :stirpot:

hollywood_texan
03-05-2007, 02:42 PM
How about "starting over" ? :stirpot:

I'll go with starting over.

coachemup
03-05-2007, 02:49 PM
how 'bout "Mulligans"? :joker:

Navy_Chris
03-05-2007, 02:51 PM

This team isn't "rebuilding". We haven't even been built properly. I prefer the phrase "building".

real
03-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Rebuilding doesn't mean that the team had past success...

All it means is that you're RE-building...which is exactly what we're doing...

We built it.....it was ugly...

So now we're going to RE-build it, and hopefully do it right...

Our team is being re-built...

Hervoyel
03-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Look it's as simple as this. If you start building something (and we did start building something in 2002) but you built it wrong because the investor doesn't know anything about building, your architect can't draw a set of plans to save his life, and your contractors just got their job because all the good ones were busy when you started then it's perfectly acceptable to say that we need to rebuild this pile of manure.

We're rebuilding because everything we built so far doesn't meet code.

Tailgate
03-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Gold jacket, green jacket..... who gives a _____.

afcman
03-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Gold jacket, green jacket..... who gives a _____.

No kidding! What does it say about us that there's a thread about THIS. :stirpot:

Hey I just found this......I don't think it violates the rules. If it does I'm sorry. :winky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m75dvOAucJ8

TexanSam
03-05-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't care if it's called rebuilding, starting over, etc... I just want us to have a winning team and long-term success.

TEXANRED
03-05-2007, 03:15 PM
No kidding! What does it say about us that there's a thread about THIS. :stirpot:

Hey I just found this......I don't think it violates the rules. If it does I'm sorry. :winky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m75dvOAucJ8

:drunk: :drunk:

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 03:15 PM
They lost me on that one. Ice cold Tecate and lime on a hot July day the only way to go.

That sounds good...nothing like a corona and lime...i was a little disappointed when the said that. Then I realized its miller lite, and corona is a 'competitor' so i thought it was pretty darn funny.

That's a good one.lol Except our mulligans cost about $5 mill each!

The Pencil Neck
03-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Whatever you call it, it's still the same thing. We're trying to become a winning franchise and we aren't one right now. Call it "rose" if you want, it's still just finding guys that can play and putting them in a position to do it.

afcman
03-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Hey I've noticed that when I go to the following page Carr doesn't come up under "Texans Select" hardly at all anymore. His mug used to show up all the time.

Before I posted this I refreshed the page like 20 times and still no Carr. :stirpot:

http://www.houstontexans.com/community/message_boards.php?section=CF%20Message%20Boards

marv800
03-05-2007, 03:31 PM
ahh yes.. i like the term "re-engineering", as it has the connotation of improvement

threetoedpete
03-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey I've noticed that when I go to the following page Carr doesn't come up under "Texans Select" hardly at all anymore. His mug used to show up all the time.

Before I posted this I refreshed the page like 20 times and still no Carr. :stirpot:

http://www.houstontexans.com/community/message_boards.php?section=CF%20Message%20Boards

Yeah I got two Carr -AJ bobble heads. I can forget my bar bill this summer with that hot little e-bay item.

afcman
03-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Stop referring to this period as "Rebuilding Years"

Attempting to reclaim our family jewels?
...................................self esteem?
...................................honor?
...................................pride?

:ok:

TwinSisters
03-05-2007, 08:02 PM

This sounds too much like Flanagan. I'd rather be starting over.