PDA

View Full Version : Rumor - Lamont to be cut if he doesn't renegotiate before bonus due wednesday

Xman
03-05-2007, 11:17 AM
First - this is a rumor from Footballs future on comments by Clayton on ESPN which I have not found on the website.

Rumor is that if Lamont Jordan doesn't renegotiate a bonus due to him Wednesday, they might cut him.
Supposedly Travis Henry is visiting.
Might make AP goes first overall?

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 11:21 AM
First - this is a rumor from Footballs future on comments by Clayton on ESPN which I have not found on the website.

Rumor is that if Lamont doesn't renegotiate a bonus due to him Wednesday, they might cut him.
Supposedly Travis Henry is visiting.
Might make AP goes first overall?

Sure as heck opens up that door. we saw last year how hard it was to trade down.

I still think Davis is weary of Jamarcus Russell. I know he's gotta like that cannon arm but there are so many ?'s about him. If the draft AP #1 that will change the whole draft....muah hah hah

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 11:23 AM
It sounds like Oakland's fan favorites are AP and CJ. To me it seems they aren't that interested in JR (fans anyway).

kastofsna
03-05-2007, 11:24 AM
perhaps you should include his full name to make the thread slightly more readable. lamont jordan of the raiders...

if this cut takes place, pencil in peterson #1.

Reddevil63
03-05-2007, 11:25 AM
I think AP would be a great pick for them, nothing opens up the pass like a legitimate threat on the ground and Lamont Jordan just hasnt been that guy.

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Sorry...another post...lol

Great mock for the Raiders (trade Randy Moss for 2nd rd pick)

1-Calvin Johnson- he can walk on water
2-Michael Bush-power rb
2b-Drew Stanton-qb

texans83
03-05-2007, 11:26 AM
perhaps you should include his full name to make the thread slightly more readable. lamont jordan of the raiders...

if this cut takes place, pencil in peterson #1.

4 sure

Texan in Japan
03-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Al Davis might just see a little Marcus Allen in AP and be infatuated w/ him or CJ. He must find a QB though and maybe that's where Carr comes in.

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Al Davis might just see a little Marcus Allen in AP and be infatuated w/ him or CJ. He must find a QB though and maybe that's where Carr comes in.

Let's play with it... David Carr, our 2nd, and 4th round picks(maybe our 5th?) for Oaklands 2nd and 3rd round picks. so basically we traded carr (and 5th??)for their 3rd and threw in our 4th to switch picks in the 2nd.

Oakland could then go
#1-CJ or AP
#39-Michael Bush or top receiver like Rice, or bowe
Plus the now have 2 4th rounders...and David Carr's their QB...back in CAli.

Houston could then go
#8-Laron Landry-FS
#33-Ryan Kalil-C
#65-Kevin Kolb-QB
#72-Kareem Brown-DT or Ryan Harris-OT

run-david-run
03-05-2007, 12:33 PM
I wouldn;t mind that, if you can tell me who our QB is next season...Sage?

TexansCM
03-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Raiders keeping Jordan
JORDAN STAYING WITH RAIDERS

Jerry McDonald of InsideBayArea.com reports that running back LaMont Jordan will be staying with the Raiders.

It widely was believed that the Raiders would cut Jordan instead of paying him a $4.75 million roster bonus. But Jordan agreed to cut the amount to $3 million, and the Raiders agreed to keep him around.

On the same day that Travis Henry hauled in $12 million in guaranteed money and a day after Ahman Green signed a contract that will pay him $8 million in 2007, we're amazed that Jordan didn't force the Raiders to pay him the full amount or cut him.

"LaMont understands that there was a great possibility in today's market to earn more money elsewhere had the Raiders decided not to pay him his original bonus amount," agent Alvin Keels told McDonald. "However, he is committed to helping this organization turn things around and as [a] result made the compromise on the roster bonus adjustment."

Hey, if that's the case then the organization should have been committed to honoring a contract that was negotiated before the salary cap blew up.

Under rumor mill

http://www.profootballtalk.com