PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Interested in Randy Moss

kastofsna
03-05-2007, 08:56 AM
On the surface, Randy Moss doesn’t seem like a Patriots kind of player. He often plays at half-speed and has quit on more than one team.

But Moss is supremely talented, and he’s got something else working in his favor - Bill Belichick apparently loves him.

League sources last night indicated the Patriots coach has long been enamored with the Raiders wide receiver and would welcome the opportunity to bring him to Foxboro for the right price.
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=186445

BleedTheBurntOrange
03-05-2007, 11:21 AM
If anybody can get him to play hard its Belichick

GoPats
03-05-2007, 11:27 AM
I guess there's some logic to it... take the ultimate "me" guy and put him on "a team that defines a team" by playing better than the sum of its parts, year-in and year-out.

But all that said, Moss is making, what, about $10M/year? And I honestly believe his best days are behind him. He's still probably better than most of what's out there in the FA market, but at that price, and with that risk, I'm not 100% sold on the idea. It's very intriguing, to say the least.

The other NFLer who has Belichick as an unexpected fan is Chad Johnson. BB loves the guy. It's hard to figure out.

kastofsna
03-05-2007, 11:45 AM
i think it's more than belichick is getting tired of the "patriot receiver" mold. can't blame him.

GoPats
03-05-2007, 12:38 PM
i think it's more than belichick is getting tired of the "patriot receiver" mold. can't blame him.

You mean the plan to sign as many 5-foot 8-inch, 170-pound receivers as possible?