PDA

View Full Version : Plummer to Raiders?

Nighthawk
03-03-2007, 08:38 PM
I thought the Tampa deal might be an end around to get Plummer, but now it seems the Raiders are the destination, not the Texans.

Are there any other QBs out there? Or are we permanently stuck with Mr. I. Sack Myself If You Get Near Me?

TexanFan881
03-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Joey Harrington is left :)

I'd much rather have Sage Rosenfels start then spend money on a has-been in Jake Plummer. We can use that money somewhere else on the million other needs we have.

afcman
03-03-2007, 09:02 PM
As a player, there's no way I'd go to the raiders, lions, or browns. Unless I was old and wanted/needed the money to pull me thru the end of my career.

uhcougar08
03-03-2007, 09:08 PM
I thought the Tampa deal might be an end around to get Plummer, but now it seems the Raiders are the destination, not the Texans.

Are there any other QBs out there? Or are we permanently stuck with Mr. I. Sack Myself If You Get Near Me?

Link? I have not heard this anywhere?

Nighthawk
03-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Link? I have not heard this anywhere?

ProFootballTalk.com

POSTED 3:36 p.m. EST, March 3, 2007

"BUCS TO SHIP PLUMMER TO RAIDERS?

There's speculation in league circles that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will eventually trade quarterback Jake Plummer to the Oakland Raiders.

The thinking is that the Raiders are interested in acquiring Plummer as a short-term starter while expected No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell gets ready to play, but that there's no way that the Raiders and Broncos ever could have done business together.

Enter the Bucs, who could end up being the straw man for a deal that puts Plummer in silver and black.

Stay tuned."

Nighthawk
03-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Or maybe they got it all wrong.

Insideop
03-04-2007, 12:12 AM
ProFootballTalk.com

POSTED 3:36 p.m. EST, March 3, 2007

"BUCS TO SHIP PLUMMER TO RAIDERS?

There's speculation in league circles that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will eventually trade quarterback Jake Plummer to the Oakland Raiders.

The thinking is that the Raiders are interested in acquiring Plummer as a short-term starter while expected No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell gets ready to play, but that there's no way that the Raiders and Broncos ever could have done business together.

Enter the Bucs, who could end up being the straw man for a deal that puts Plummer in silver and black.

Stay tuned."

Isn't this the reason Plummer said he didn't want to go to Tampa Bay, because he wants to go somewhere where he will start and not have to be just "keeping the seat warm" for the young guy? This situation will be no different than what he just left in Denver (minus the good O-line). I kinda think he'll just retire, but you never know!