PDA

View Full Version : Bucs Sign Garcia, Trade for Plummer

QB75
03-03-2007, 05:13 PM
The Bucs have signed Jeff Garcia and acquired Jake Plummer in a trade, taking two free agent QBs off the market at least for now.

potisyourfriend
03-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Hello Rip Van Winkle

TexansFanatic
03-03-2007, 05:15 PM
In other news:

Man lands on moon!!!

HoustonFrog
03-03-2007, 05:17 PM
****NEWS FLA******** Man lands on moon!!!

Perfect:secret:

QB75
03-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Perfect:secret:

Great news for Texans though.:winky:

Texans Pride
03-03-2007, 05:19 PM
In other news:

Man lands on moon!!!

YOU ARE KIDDING ME! WHEN THE HECK DID THIS HAPPEN!?

ledzeppelin229
03-03-2007, 05:20 PM

Yep, hopefully it means Carr's value escalates some. Time to give Minnesota a call.

HoustonFrog
03-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Yep, hopefully it means Carr's value escalates some. Time to give Minnesota a call.

Actually it is showing the opposite right now and I think you can see what other teams are up to. If Plummer went to the Bucs for a 4th then Carr isn't getting that and if he does we should take it and run.

HoustonFrog
03-03-2007, 05:23 PM

Why?What fan would still want a guy whome teammates are throwing under the bus and who hasn't done anything for us?So you'd rather just tread water to make a point?

ledzeppelin229
03-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Actually it is showing the opposite right now and I think you can see what other teams are up to. If Plummer went to the Bucs for a 4th then Carr isn't getting that and if he does we should take it and run.

It just depends on how badly a team wants a QB with 'experience'. Three guys are gone - Plummer, Garcia, and Huard. So while the market might have been set somewhat low for our liking (dreaming), the supply is drying up.

QB75
03-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Why?What fan would still want a guy whome teammates are throwing under the bus and who hasn't done anything for us?So you'd rather just tread water to make a point?

You're assuming we would just tread water. Not necessarily the case. Team improved last year, will improve this year. Old QBs that are not part of a long term plan aren't helpful.

vtech9
03-03-2007, 05:29 PM

I think he is right....it is great news for the Texans. Why? Because some people around the league have the mistaken belief that Carr is a good QB. Since Garcia and Plummer are both off the market now, it means that Carr is considered to be the best option available to them. This increases the value of what the Texans can get for him. In some cases, there was no value at all, but now there might be a 5th round pick thrown in. It means that the Texans will have a better chance of unloading him on some unsuspecting sucker. See? Great news for the Texans.

ledzeppelin229
03-03-2007, 05:31 PM
You're assuming we would just tread water. Not necessarily the case. Team improved last year, will improve this year. Old QBs that are not part of a long term plan aren't helpful.

Carr began the long term plan in 2002. He has not been able to show consistency at any point. I was hoping he had gotten it together the first few games of this season, but we can't have games like Tenn, NE and pretend like the long term plan is coming together. We can't look at mediocre games and pretend like its a sign of significant improvement.

I wanted him to succeed as much as anyone, but not at the expense of the rest of the team when his play has had so much uncertainty.

QB75
03-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I think he is right....it is great news for the Texans. Why? Because some people around the league have the mistaken belief that Carr is a good QB. Since Garcia and Plummer are both off the market now, it means that Carr is considered to be the best option available to them. This increases the value of what the Texans can get for him. In some cases, there was no value at all, but now there might be a 5th round pick thrown in. See? Great news for the Texans.

Right conclusion. Poor logic.:highfive:

thunderkyss
03-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Right conclusion. Poor logic.:highfive:

Yeah. He forgot Trent Green & Joey Harrington is still on the market, and higher on most teams want list.

David got a little closer to the top, but there's still a long way to go.

vtech9
03-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah. He forgot Trent Green & Joey Harrington is still on the market, and higher on most teams want list.

You're right...I forgot about them...actually, I didn't know Green was on the market

QB75
03-03-2007, 05:41 PM

... and why aren't the Texans pursuing these superstars?

vtech9
03-03-2007, 05:42 PM

How do you know that they aren't?

HoustonFrog
03-03-2007, 05:43 PM

Yeah, I forgot, you'd rather just keep unsuccessful ones who get paid a ton to hand the ball off. Forget the "team", just make sure we keep Carr until he shows the world in year 8. Older QBs who are winners are always part of a teams plans if they can bring a new attitude and help us improve while grooming another. Do you really think Dunta and Moulds were the only people who thought what was said? I'm looking at the big picture not just saving face for one guy.

QB75
03-03-2007, 05:46 PM
How do you know that they aren't?

I guess time will tell. But I don't think mgmt is that short sighted.

kastofsna
03-03-2007, 05:49 PM

any team that has harrington higher on their list than carr is not too bright.

ledzeppelin229
03-03-2007, 05:49 PM
I guess time will tell. But I don't think mgmt is that short sighted.

If we draft a QB I don't want Carr acting as "mentor". Bring in a vet that the team can respect for a year or two (as pertains to his play) and the younger player can learn a thing or two from.

There's my compromise of long term thinking without DC.

QB75
03-03-2007, 05:53 PM

Hopefully Green and Harrington will sign elsewhere too.

HomeBred_Texan
03-03-2007, 05:54 PM

Not all of us think the same way... I think old school...

It is more like jumping out of a life raft that leaks into the ocean... You could have stayed with the raft a while longer and dumped buckets of water out of it and stayed afloat awhile longer, but instead, opted to jump into the water and drown and become shark bait... :stirpot:

QB75
03-03-2007, 05:58 PM
If we draft a QB I don't want Carr acting as "mentor". Bring in a vet that the team can respect for a year or two (as pertains to his play) and the younger player can learn a thing or two from.

Yeah. Too bad they didn't give David Carr the same benefit.

thunderkyss
03-03-2007, 06:01 PM
any team that has harrington higher on their list than carr is not too bright.

Anyone with Carr rated higher than Harrington is not too bright.

HomeBred_Texan
03-03-2007, 06:06 PM

Wait, if all blue eyed Martians have red hair, then should all red hair'd Martians have blue eyes? I didn't think so...

No way is any of these free Agent QB's better than Carr... He takes a beating and keeps on a ticking... :stirpot:

The ONLY FA QB that is worth a looksie at this point would be Trent Green... And that is if his brain isn't too fried from the concussion he suffered...

HoustonFrog
03-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Not all of us think the same way... I think old school...

It is more like jumping out of a life raft that leaks into the ocean... You could have stayed with the raft a while longer and dumped buckets of water out of it and stayed afloat awhile longer, but instead, opted to jump into the water and drown and become shark bait... :stirpot:

That is great but in the meantime while your treading for another year, more and more players become disenchanted and are wondering what direction they are heading. Not only that but lets say you let the guy have a year with competition....you are still making it a split locker room and fan base and you are heading nowhere. Rigth now you have a sinking ship. You have a GM, owner and coach who all acknowledge that they would deal him for the right situation...not exactly confidence in a guy. Add to that you have teammates coming out and saying there should be a change. Something that was rumored to have happened 2 years ago and that was echoes with Gary Walker when he left. Right now it is ugly. It is time for us all to wish each other luck and move on. I thinkmany here want him to stat out of a selfish desire to just wait and say "I told you so" instead of looking at the big picture and what is happening to the team.

kastofsna
03-03-2007, 06:23 PM
i know you hate carr, but he's not nearly as horrendous and inefficient as harrington.

Texans Horror
03-03-2007, 06:51 PM
I understand from an SI article that Plummer really wanted to come to Houston and start for Kubes. So that's two quarterbacks who have wanted to play for the Texans twice denied.

Adrian Peterson has said he would really like to play for the Texans. I kinda wished he hadn't said that...

HoustonFrog
03-03-2007, 06:58 PM
I understand from an SI article that Plummer really wanted to come to Houston and start for Kubes. So that's two quarterbacks who have wanted to play for the Texans twice denied.

Adrian Peterson has said he would really like to play for the Texans. I kinda wished he hadn't said that...

I still think there is more to the TB situation where they might just be trying to work out more deals. We will see.

Silver Oak
03-03-2007, 07:00 PM
That is great but in the meantime while your treading for another year, more and more players become disenchanted and are wondering what direction they are heading.

and you have your finger on the pulse of the entire team and know that positively?

HoustonFrog
03-03-2007, 07:10 PM
and you have your finger on the pulse of the entire team and know that positively?

No, just like everyone else it is my opinion taking into effect what happened this past year where Carr got benched and booed all year and what has happened this off season where players have started to come out and say they need another direction. Add all that up and do you really think it is healthy to keep Carr and have a competition on a team that already has seemed to take sides? The minute people start to think about these things the quicker they will realize that there is alot more to a team then just wanting your favorite player to stay. What alot of people forget is that many who want Carr to go wouldn't mind seeing him go elsewhere and do well. Right now the marriage is poison.

TwinSisters
03-03-2007, 07:17 PM

I didn't see the SI article, but I did see an interview with his brother and mother ( with quotes ). The never said a thing about the Texans, Houston, or Kubiak.

Does that mean anything? Maybe not. But I will pass it on just the same.

Dime
03-03-2007, 07:37 PM

The problem was this I feel with Carr. He had no one to learn from and they kept making him not responsible for this play. This is why Carr didnt not turn into a awesome QB. Because he had no one to learn from. The management really did a dis-service to Carr on this. Now, he is filled with bad habits and would be very hard to be brought back to Awesome. He might be able to make very good if he was stripped down more, and Kub started the process last year, but it will be a very long road for Carr.

mannyo123
03-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Here's the link
http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5688

Imatexanfan
03-03-2007, 07:52 PM
It's kinda like cash for title hilarious.lol:

Good work though Bucs glad we didn't get 'em.(shouldn't say that too soon huh?!)

dbspi
03-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Rumor is that Tampa wants to draft CJ in the draft and this is the reason they acquired two QB this off season so they can force Oakland to select QB in the draft or try to entice them with their two QB signing this off season.

nunusguy
03-03-2007, 07:59 PM
I definitely see a scenario where the Texans exchange a Draft pick to the TB Bucs for their rights to Jake Plummer ?

Marcus
03-03-2007, 08:06 PM
I definitely see a scenario where the Texans exchange a Draft pick to the TB Bucs for their rights to Jake Plummer ?

I don't. Kubiak wants to keep his draft picks, which is why they never made the trade with Denver for him. Which I applaud BTW. Plummer is not worth a draft pick.

Imatexanfan
03-03-2007, 08:23 PM
I don't. Kubiak wants to keep his draft picks, which is why they never made the trade with Denver for him. Which I applaud BTW. Plummer is not worth a draft pick.

Exactly well put Marcus. Plummer isn't worth a draft pick, IMO.

Luv Ya Blue 2007
03-03-2007, 08:25 PM

Speaking of LOGIC, where is your logic in pursuing Joey Herrington?

Luv Ya Blue 2007
03-03-2007, 08:28 PM

Do you mean someone like Brad Johnson? He's available and would be an upgrade to Carr for short term or at worst on par with Carr.

Luv Ya Blue 2007
03-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Hopefully Green and Harrington will sign elsewhere too.

QB75,
Once again I'm going to refer to your LOGIC and ask you why you asked only 2hrs ago "why are we not pursuing these SUPERSTARS". Did I miss something? Sorry in advance if I did. Just trying to figure out which side of the fence you will be on next, because you've already been on both sides.

run-david-run
03-03-2007, 11:27 PM
That is great but in the meantime while your treading for another year, more and more players become disenchanted and are wondering what direction they are heading.
And nothing illustrates this point better then our franchise player signing an 8 year extension! Talk about a malcontent!!!

newport texan
03-03-2007, 11:48 PM
i really hate the Bucs and the Broncos now.....in collusion just to screw the Texans.

SamuraiSword
03-04-2007, 12:11 AM

OMG dont believe things come in threes!!

HoustonFrog
03-04-2007, 12:25 AM
And nothing illustrates this point better then our franchise player signing an 8 year extension! Talk about a malcontent!!!

That is wonderful and I'm excited. But I think people are fooling themselves if they think that just a few think like Dunta or Moulds did. He may have restructured to give them room to bring in another guy. You are always running the risk of a split team though when this happens. Even successful teams have it...Philly with McNabb and T.O. Sorry, I don't think it is far fetched to think BOTH sides would benefit from a change of scenery.

SamuraiSword
03-05-2007, 01:32 AM

You know what Carr needs to do right now is go out and start practicing throwing deep to targets to be better at his position. Show them he still has it in a sense. yes the Capers and Casserly regime screwed up big time. But a strong leader can over come these battle worn wounds. If Carr has a new place I bet that fire returns like when we were 7-9. I think he just needs a new place in my opinion.