PDA

View Full Version : 49ers Sign Michael Lewis

SF49erFaithful
03-02-2007, 09:13 PM
4:24 p.m.: CORNERBACK NATE CLEMENTS AND SAFETY MICHAEL LEWIS HAVE SIGNED WITH THE 49ERS.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=513127

kastofsna
03-02-2007, 09:14 PM
go to hell! i wanted lewis.

TexanSam
03-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Too bad the Niners don't have a quality stadium to display the seemingly quality product they'll put on the field next season.

TwinSisters
03-02-2007, 09:24 PM
I curse thee as the San Francisco Redskins.

Turner gone... Nolan after next season... and then you get Schottenheimer to complete the spell.

SF49erFaithful
03-02-2007, 09:38 PM
The 49ers moved quickly in free agency, signing unrestricted free agents Nate Clements from Buffalo and Michael Lewis from Philadelphia on Friday.

“I am excited to add two defensive starters to our team,” said head coach Mike Nolan. “Free agency is about adding good players with character to our team. I am confident that Nate and Michael will help make us better. Players have a choice in free agency. It is a compliment to our players and fans that Nate and Michael wanted to be with the 49ers.”

http://49ers.com/pressbox/news_detail.php?PRKey=2885&section=PR%20News

Hervoyel
03-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Too bad the Niners don't have a quality stadium to display the seemingly quality product they'll put on the field next season.

I'd rather have the quality product on the field and play in a dump than plunk my butt down in a great seat at Reliant to watch a terrible team play. The Texans need to understand that tailgating and great facilities are great but if they field a loser for ten years nobody is going to care about their games and that shiny palace at Reliant Park is going to be mostly empty.

TwinSisters
03-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Free agency is about adding good players with character to our team.

and look... ole Coach Nolan didn't say anything about the lilies this time around.

http://nfl-playoffs.aolsportsblog.com/2007/03/02/49ers-scrub-nolans-lily-white-comment-from-transcript/

SF49erFaithful
03-03-2007, 12:07 AM
and look... ole Coach Nolan didn't say anything about the lilies this time around.

http://nfl-playoffs.aolsportsblog.com/2007/03/02/49ers-scrub-nolans-lily-white-comment-from-transcript/

:rolleyes:

Trenches
03-03-2007, 12:14 AM
wow.

the poor get richer?

run-david-run
03-03-2007, 12:54 AM
wow.

the poor get richer?

poor? San Fran has been on the up for a while, and they are going to be good for a while.

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2007, 01:09 AM
49ers will be a lot better this year with the offense they have brewing with Smith, Gore, Davis etc and now getting themselves some major defensive pieces too.

Quite glad to see Lewis go somewhere else, really didn't think he was what we needed this offseason.

Carr Bombed
03-03-2007, 01:14 AM
I'd rather have the quality product on the field and play in a dump than plunk my butt down in a great seat at Reliant to watch a terrible team play. The Texans need to understand that tailgating and great facilities are great but if they field a loser for ten years nobody is going to care about their games and that shiny palace at Reliant Park is going to be mostly empty.

Damn it Herv why do you have to speak the truth :bubble:

Ckw
03-03-2007, 01:16 AM
49ers will be a lot better this year with the offense they have brewing with Smith, Gore, Davis etc and now getting themselves some major defensive pieces too.

Quite glad to see Lewis go somewhere else, really didn't think he was what we needed this offseason.

All they have to worry about is Gore's injury problems. If they keep him healthy, they will have a good/great team for years. If his body holds out, they will be great. If it doesn't, these free agent signings will help them out very little.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Heard they gave him 10 mil guaranteed. Bad signing if that's the case.

Carr Bombed
03-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Heard they gave him 10 mil guaranteed. Bad signing if that's the case.

That is why I'm not a big fan of FA, especially if your about 10 pieces away, like we are.

I would rather sit back, let these overpriced top tier FAs go somewhere esle, make some smart signs from the 2nd tier group, get cap healthy, and build through the draft.

When you think your only one or two pieces away, thats when you throw the big bucks around to put you over the hump. So far, signing mega contracts has gotten us...........NOWHERE.

Titan "Tack" Fan
03-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Alex Smith sucks, they aren't going anywhere.

dirty steve
03-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Alex Smith sucks, they aren't going anywhere. i think reason one for that might be that norv turner is no longer the o-coord. after going to the chargers.

Carr Bombed
03-03-2007, 02:19 AM

Actually Smith had a pretty decent sophmore year, especially with his "star" TE out and the revolving door that was his RT.

san fran, is going to make some noise in that weak NFC west.

whiskeyrbl
03-03-2007, 06:25 AM
How do 31 other teams let them get both Clements and Lewis? Thats crazy.

bluestars87
03-03-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm not going to even go into specifics with you. You don't seem to be a very patient person to discuss football with.

Anyways, I think I'd rather have Smith than Vince Young for the long term. His legs won't be able to do that forever you know. Mike Vick II.

sakebomb
03-03-2007, 08:40 AM
The NFC West sucks. They will be a pretty decent squad.

Titan "Tack" Fan
03-04-2007, 02:33 AM
I'm not going to even go into specifics with you. You don't seem to be a very patient person to discuss football with.

Anyways, I think I'd rather have Smith than Vince Young for the long term. His legs won't be able to do that forever you know. Mike Vick II.

Haha nice comeback. Last time I checked Vince played in the Pro Bowl and Alex Smith hasnt done anything special. Whatever you say though.

Carr Bombed
03-04-2007, 03:30 AM
Haha nice comeback. Last time I checked Vince played in the Pro Bowl and Alex Smith hasnt done anything special. Whatever you say though.

Okay, I agree Vince is better than Alex, but don't throw around the "pro bowl", because we all know he shouldn't of went.

wicked_wayz
03-04-2007, 03:36 AM

yeah id take young over smith any day of the week

BleedTheBurntOrange
03-04-2007, 03:39 AM
Okay, I agree Vince is better than Alex, but don't throw around the "pro bowl", because we all know he shouldn't of went.

Dont worry he'll go to plenty of them in his career Alex Smith im not so sure

bluestars87
03-04-2007, 06:05 AM

You know Tom Brady and Steve McNair declined the Pro Bowl right? Yeah try again buddy. This time saying something that actually helps your point. Not makes you look more foolish.

SamuraiSword
03-04-2007, 12:46 PM

Well as Dunta said it....We have a problem until we fix that problem things will be this way....Carr needs is that problem ..