PDA

View Full Version : Salaam re-signs

ArlingtonTexan
03-02-2007, 08:08 PM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=2553496&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

Nothing exciting, but a start.

nunusguy
03-02-2007, 08:14 PM
"The Houston Texans made their first move in the free-agent market Friday by retaining one of their own. Free agent offensive tackle Ephraim Salaam tells FOX 26 Sports he has reached a contract agreement with the Texans."
Hey I'm pretty dang excited !
This guy really came thru for us last year, and IMO will continue to be an
important player and unofficial coach for the younger OLineman we have and
will acquire in the near term.

aj.
03-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Considering the only tackles on our roster are Spencer, Winston, and some guy named Scott Jackson, I'd say it's a good move.

Texans Horror
03-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Meh. Not a move in the right direction, but I've come to the conclusion that I must have been watchign a different Texans team from the one everybody else watched. In the games I watched, he did very poorly and did not warrant a resigning.

thunderkyss
03-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Meh. Not a move in the right direction, but I've come to the conclusion that I must have been watchign a different Texans team from the one everybody else watched. In the games I watched, he did very poorly and did not warrant a resigning.

The only game he did bad in was the game in Nashville. He was holding his own till two LBs took out his knees. He still managed to come back & finish the game.

Winston went in to spare him for a few downs. He didn't look bad, & I think Kubiak should have left him in there until he got in trouble, but he went back to Salaam, even though Winston was holding his own.

Still, nobody wants him to start. We're hoping Spencer comes back & picks up where we left off. If he doesn't, I think Winston will do fine. But we need the Grey beard as a swing backup(so we can bring three running backs to every game), and to help mentor our young'ns.

Hervoyel
03-02-2007, 09:08 PM

We were watching the same games.

keyfro
03-02-2007, 09:33 PM
this was a move that was expected...he needed to be re-signed due to the lack of guys we have on the o-line that can play OT

texan767
03-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Oh, I thought you meant he resigned, not that he resigned...

Spike
03-02-2007, 10:28 PM
This was a good move. At this point, we don't have the luxury of taking a chance that we could bring someone in better to fill this need. I think Salaam stepped in last year and played pretty well. He is not an ideal starter, but he would be great for added depth and, at the very least, maintains some consistency on the line.

mexican_texan
03-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh, I thought you meant he resigned, not that he re-signed...
That little hyphen between re- and -signed make all the difference.

kiwitexansfan
03-02-2007, 10:45 PM
A good veteran to bring back, he hopefully won't start any games for us this year, but he is a nice safety blanket to have around and he can help the young guys.

Texans Horror
03-03-2007, 05:42 PM
We were watching the same games.

Glad to hear somebody else saw those games.

Sorry, TK. I know you are real big on Salaam, but I hope the guy doesn't have to play a single down next season.

South Texan
03-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Considering our O-Line jinx we need all the depth we can get.