PDA

View Full Version : Ahman Green to visit

ArlingtonTexan
03-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Per Adam Schefter on NFL Now television show (no link)...exact day not given

TexanSam
03-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Eh...he's kind of old. He ran for 1059 yards in 14 games last year though. I'd have mixed feelings if we signed him.

Reddevil63
03-02-2007, 02:10 PM
I wonder when Dorsey Levins and Edgar Bennett are coming in?

Vinny
03-02-2007, 02:13 PM
I wonder when Dorsey Levins and Edgar Bennett are coming in?

Right after Don Majkowski

TEXANRED
03-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Eh...he's kind of old. He ran for 1059 yards in 14 games last year though. I'd have mixed feelings if we signed him.

Dayne and Lundy rushed for a combined 1088 yards.

mikey21
03-02-2007, 02:15 PM
i would think about signing him to a short term deal like maybe 2 years if the price is right , that and green just turned 30 years old

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-02-2007, 02:18 PM
We need an offensive tackle right? What's Tony Mandarich doing these days? Bring him in for a visit.

Porky
03-02-2007, 02:21 PM
One gold star to Vinny today!

I wonder if Farve is available? And what about Reggie White? Oh right, he is dead. There has to be at least a few more Broncos and Packers retreads that are available and breathing.

Just what we need. Let's build the team around an over-priced never will be QB, and surround him with a bunch of old castoffs or never has beens from the Broncos and Packers.

Super Bowl here we come! :drunk:

HuttoKarl
03-02-2007, 02:23 PM
OK whiners. If we can get Lelie as WR2 and Green to help w/ the running game, it opens up the draft for us to get O-Line and perhaps a CB or FS. Are either Lelie or Green the key to a championship? Nope, but that O-line and decent secondary go a long way towards helping us out. Green's over a year out of ligament surgery and should be good for a year or two. I wouldn't be opposed to him, although I'd rather have Lynch.

ThaShark316
03-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Hell with the age...he's WAY TOO fumble prone.

TEXANRED
03-02-2007, 02:24 PM

I wonder if Farve is available? And what about Reggie White? Oh right, he is dead. There has to be at least a few more Broncos and Packers retreads that are available and breathing.

Just what we need. Let's build the team around an over-priced never will be QB, and surround him with a bunch of old castoffs or never has beens from the Broncos and Packers.

Mark Chimera could play

TexanFan881
03-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Green and Taylor can make a pretty solid combo, I wouldn't mind getting him...

Vinny
03-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Mark Chimera could play
we ain't talking about playing with teen girls.

macaronitoni
03-02-2007, 02:48 PM

Show some respect. The comment about White was disrespectful and unwarranted.

TexanFan881
03-02-2007, 02:53 PM
AHMAN TO DENVER?

The Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that free-agent running back Ahman Green will visit the Denver Broncos.

Green, 30, was originally drafted by the Seahawks in 1998. He was traded to the Packers after two seasons, and has been the starter in Green Bay ever since.

He hit the market a year ago, but took a one-year deal to stay with the Packers due in large part to his ongoing rehab from a serious leg injury. He rushed for 1,059 yards in 14 games last season.

Maybe Schefter got Houston and Denver mixed up? I could see that.

Vinny
03-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Show some respect. The comment about White was disrespectful and unwarranted.eh, he just said he was dead...and he is.

LoneStarState
03-02-2007, 03:02 PM

Could Lynn Dickey solve our qb problem?

Hulk75
03-02-2007, 03:04 PM

Wow, that was funny.:dontknowa

Vinny
03-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Could Lynn Dickey solve our qb problem?I say we send a 5th round pick to his retirement community and sign him to a 4 year deal...then cut him next season.

ThaShark316
03-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Lets sign Bart Starr...hell with this dumb ish.

Second Honeymoon
03-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Wow, some news that doesnt in some way involve a QB that will remain nameless. I think Ahman Green would be a great signing as long as we don't overpay. Load the deal with some incentives where he can earn good money but keep his base and signing low. FWIW, I think A.Green is a more sure thing than Lynch. I just don't see Lynch as being worth the #8 pick. If we trade down to #15 or later maybe if he is the BPA. My only problem with Green is the fumbling. We got enough of that here already....

LoneStarState
03-02-2007, 03:15 PM
I say we send a 5th round pick to his retirement community and sign him to a 4 year deal...then cut him next season.

Only a 5? I was thinking 3 and 4 this year and next year's second... don't know if we could get someone of his skill so cheap though... :stirpot:

Porky
03-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Show some respect. The comment about White was disrespectful and unwarranted.

How so? White is dead. I said he is dead. I would never disrespect him. He is one of my all time favorite players.

dirty steve
03-02-2007, 03:45 PM
How so? White is dead. I said he is dead. I would never disrespect him. He is one of my all time favorite players.
but you referred to the situation in a snide way. that's where you went wrong. if you were just stating "Reggie White-RIP" that is OK.

NEROtheZERO
03-02-2007, 03:54 PM
The 610 morning show called this a few days ago. They were actually talking about it this morning and I agree with their sentiment; sign Green to a short and cheap contract (1-2 years) and look at picking up a RB in next year's draft which will be much deeper (McFadden, Slayton, Rice.)

dirty steve
03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
i think it's a good deal--better than having just that motley we have right now. green comes cheap and knows the system. kind of like the plummer deal.

Vinny
03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I say we send a 5th round pick to his retirement community and sign him to a 4 year deal...then cut him next season.

Only a 5? I was thinking 3 and 4 this year and next year's second... don't know if we could get someone of his skill so cheap though... :stirpot:I figured we'd give him the exact same deal Moulds got here.

nunusguy
03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Green's over a year out of ligament surgery and should be good for a year or two.

Exactly, after all "backs are a dime a dozen". They are like commodites. Just plug'em in, and watch 'em run.
Now we can use our Draft picks on places like the the OLine and secondary, as you suggested.

A Texan
03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Ahman Green from GB? I'd much rather have Morency back from them.

HuttoKarl
03-02-2007, 04:49 PM
The 610 morning show called this a few days ago. They were actually talking about it this morning and I agree with their sentiment; sign Green to a short and cheap contract (1-2 years) and look at picking up a RB in next year's draft which will be much deeper (McFadden, Slayton, Rice.)

Green's stated that he won't take a one year deal. I say give him two incentive-laden seasons.

El Tejano
03-02-2007, 05:02 PM
How about Nichke or Tom Jackson and Karl Meklengurgh to go with Demeco Ryans.

trutxn
03-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Since we are not getting Peterson he could help us out.

dirty steve
03-02-2007, 05:06 PM
How about Nichke or Tom Jackson and Karl Meklengurgh to go with Demeco Ryans.

if your going to talk lame smack then get the names right.
nitschke
mecklenburg

HuttoKarl
03-02-2007, 05:10 PM
I just can't get enough of the "lets get -insert old, retired, dead player's name here-" jokes. They get funnier every time I hear them.

:rolleyes: :deadhorse :sarcasm:

Reddevil63
03-02-2007, 05:13 PM
I just can't get enough of the "lets get -insert old, retired, dead player's name here-" jokes. They get funnier every time I hear them.

:rolleyes: :deadhorse :sarcasm:

We arent doing it because its funny, its because its sad and needs to be mocked

HuttoKarl
03-02-2007, 05:26 PM
We arent doing it because its funny, its because its sad and needs to be mocked

I knew it couldn't be that you were trying to be funny. I thought you were all trying to be redundant.

Who do you want to sign as a Free Agent?

What kind of signing wouldn't bring forth a sarcastic remark from you?

Reddevil63
03-02-2007, 05:27 PM
I knew it couldn't be that you were trying to be funny. I thought you were all trying to be redundant.

Who do you want to sign as a Free Agent?

What kind of signing wouldn't bring forth a sarcastic remark from you?I think its fairly obvious that somebody who wasnt a former Bronco or Packer since that is ALL that has been looked at for the past year.

HuttoKarl
03-02-2007, 05:28 PM
I think its fairly obvious that somebody who wasnt a former Bronco or Packer since that is ALL that has been looked at for the past year.

You want Lions and Cardinals and Browns? I'd be happy with guys who can actually play football and stay healthy.

dirty steve
03-02-2007, 05:33 PM
You want Lions and Cardinals and Browns? I'd be happy with guys who can actually play football and stay healthy.
...and who come from a relatively winning environment. i see no problem with it.

HuttoKarl
03-02-2007, 05:34 PM
...and who come from a relatively winning environment. i see no problem with it.

Or are from Houston or former Longhorns, right? :shades:

That's a joke.

Nawzer
03-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I don't understand some of the negativity about the players the Texans are interested in. Did you really expect top flight free agents like Adalius Thomas or Nate Clements to be Texans? Really??? Guys like Ahman Green, Ashlie Lelie, and Carlisle might not be star players but we have needs at those positions and if the price is right we should sign them. My way of thinking is: Beggars can't be choosers.

Exithios
03-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Rumor is that Green is looking for around 5 mil a year...

http://fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=322007fdx3086dy

HuttoKarl
03-02-2007, 05:50 PM

wonder if we could convince him to take less but give incentives if he can stay healthy and produce.

Texans Horror
03-02-2007, 05:56 PM
No surprise here. I've been saying this since the season ended. Sherman is our OC. Sherman culled an underwhelming performer (in Green) from Seattle to GB, where he played well. No suprise that the Sherman would want to bring in some of his "boys," especially one of his personal favs. Green still has some miles in him.

David's Busted Carr
03-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Is he bringing his walker with him?

TexanSam
03-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Is he bringing his walker with him?

He is only 30 years old so I can see him having at least two more good years in him even though he is a running back.

David's Busted Carr
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
I don't understand some of the negativity about the players the Texans are interested in. Did you really expect top flight free agents like Adalius Thomas or Nate Clements to be Texans? Really??? Guys like Ahman Green, Ashlie Lelie, and Carlisle might not be star players but we have needs at those positions and if the price is right we should sign them. My way of thinking is: Beggars can't be choosers.

Well, he fits the bill of just about every other FA this franchise has ever signed.

Past his prime - CHECK
Wants to be overpaid - CHECK
Limited impact for future - CHECK

Not to be a pessimist, but I just really don't see how an aging injury prone RB for 2 years will help us that much.

Same can be said for Jeff Garcia (minus the injury prone).

We are going after the WRONG type of players. We should be doing like Buffalo is doing. They signed THREE offensive lineman today. Granted we couldn't afford Steinbach, but at this point any OL will help tremendously...

TexanFan881
03-02-2007, 07:26 PM

I'd like to have him, but no way he is worth that much.

JAXwithanX
03-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Everyone sure does ***** a lot for bringing in an 1000 yard rusher last year. I'm not saying it is ideal....but you can't expect us to push for Clinton Portis and throw away our very few valuable assets or somehow create an RB you steal in the 7th round and then bump up all his stats like in Madden. We aren't a place players want to sign with, we don't have any depth to trade with, all we can do is draft and take ideal risks to build our team at this point. Until we do have depth to trade with and a prestige to show players. Buckle up for overpays and risks such as Green until we make the playoffs.

I mean still though...Ahman Green was a top 5 RB for 3 years until he got injured....he came back....and promptly put up an 1000 yard season. What on this team makes you think we don't need a guy who can do that. He is 30....so was Stephen Davis and Corey Dillon when they were leading their teams places. Shawn Alexander?....30 when the season starts. Tiki Barber?....32 when the season starts. Edgerrin James?....29 when the season starts. Fred Taylor....31. Ricky Williams....30 when season starts.

In other words some people need to pull their heads out and realize you can't get the BPA at your spot of need everytime. I'll take a 1000 yard rusher in 14 games ay day of the week before I'll go into the season with two guys who barely combined for that. And yes....another guy with promise, but who really only had one good game against a pathetic team.

ArlingtonTexan
03-02-2007, 08:44 PM

What people smell are short term bandaids and mediocrity. Here are the four guys that they are rummored to be interested in. Green is a 30 year running back (will need another in two year at most); Garcia is a 37 year old QB will need another in 2 year), Carisle an average 30 year OG ( good chance to need another in two or three years) and Lelei ( has had 1 dynamic year in 5 or so)...Even if you sign lesser names, seems to me it would be more productive to get guys who realistically could be there in two years versus most likely not. In short two years from now we still have a high chance of still being beggars.

dalemurphy
03-02-2007, 08:52 PM
What people smell are short term bandaids and mediocrity. Here are the four guys that they are rummored to be interested in. Green is a 30 year running back (will need another in two year at most); Garcia is a 37 year old QB will need another in 2 year), Carisle an average 30 year OG ( good chance to need another in two or three years) and Lelei ( has had 1 dynamic year in 5 or so)...Even if you sign lesser names, seems to me it would be more productive to get guys who realistically could be there in two years versus most likely not. In short two years from now we still have a high chance of still being beggars.

Well, we could spend $80 million on Nate Clements or $50 million on a Guard like (Steinbach)... this market is awful for teams- everyone is overpaying for everything because of the increased cap number and the lack of top tier free agents. What we need are draft picks.

ledzeppelin229
03-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Well, we could spend $80 million on Nate Clements or $50 million on a Guard like (Steinbach)... this market is awful for teams- everyone is overpaying for everything because of the increased cap number and the lack of top tier free agents. What we need are draft picks.

Pretty much. The band aids are not a problem except when you match it up with terrible drafting and realize the cut underneath has no new tissue growing.

ArlingtonTexan
03-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Pretty much. The band aids are not a problem except when you match it up with terrible drafting and realize the cut underneath has no new tissue growing.

Yes, so essentially, the Texans would be buying time and hoping that the drafting is better than in the past.

ledzeppelin229
03-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Yes, so essentially, the Texans would be buying time and hoping that the drafting is better than in the past.

Depends on if we can have more drafts like last season. Or, at least, closer to last season than to the past. The first crucial piece of this plan was set into motion when they ditched Casserly, so we will see if it works out.

Band aids > Gaping wounds.

ArlingtonTexan
03-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Depends on if we can have more drafts like last season. Or, at least, closer to last season than to the past. The first crucial piece of this plan was set into motion when they ditched Casserly, so we will see if it works out.

Band aids > Gaping wounds.

Agreed...And let me say that the non-exciting bandaids have at least shown to be NFL quality players. This could mean if opportunity presents itself these type of players could grind out a Jets (2006) like season.

nunusguy
03-02-2007, 09:20 PM
No doubt about it, we are gonna have to get ourselves out of this hole thru the college Draft, not FA.

thunderkyss
03-02-2007, 10:33 PM
No doubt about it, we are gonna have to get ourselves out of this hole thru the college Draft, not FA.

But FA is a big part of it, and it's going to get us to a winning season, while we build our team.

It doesn't make sense to go from one year to the next, expecting a losing season, and being happy with 7-9.

As long as we don't pay too much money for these guys...... we're good.

Ahman don't want to sign a one year deal?? that's fine... if Kubes & Smith don't want to tie up money in the 30 year old RB..... they won't, and we won't be dealing with the crap we are dealing with now.

If they feel like he's ready to bust out, and get back to his old self..... If they think he can help us win for the next two years, or the next three years... then they'll do it with a contract that makes sense to us.

Same with Garcia... by signing Garcia, we can forget about the QB position. No, He's not going to take us to the SUperBowl, but he also won't do anything stupid, and he won't hamstring our offense. If there is an open reciever, he's going to find him. If anybody could make a play from the QB position, he will.

Garcia is the kind of QB, and Jake is as well, that you can say, "if he can't succeed behind our line, then nobody can" we've seen them do it. time & time again. NOt everytime, but plenty of times.

I can't recall ever seeing David break a tackle to make a play, or avoid a sack & throw the ball down field. I've seen him escape the pocket & run for a few yards(like Michael Vick), But I've never seen him buy time & make a play with that big arm of his.

Designed bootlegs?? yeah, I've seen those. Good(sometimes great) Play action?? Yeah, I've seen those.

But DAvid Adlibing?? Making his own plays?? Creating under pressure?? No, we haven't had that dynamic from the QB position in Houston for a long, long time.

Again, if the numbers don't work out in our favor, Garcia won't be here... neither will Jake. Smith & Kubes aren't going to sell their souls, or fleece our cap room to win.... I'm pretty sure about that.

keyfro
03-02-2007, 10:44 PM
the thing about ahman green is his injury status...along with every other runningback either on this squad or that the team is reportedly interested in...i don't get it...when are we going to get a runningback who doesn't have knee, leg, or other medical problems on this squad

edo783
03-02-2007, 10:45 PM

Oh YA! We NEED the Majic man!

thunderkyss
03-02-2007, 10:50 PM
the thing about ahman green is his injury status...along with every other runningback either on this squad or that the team is reportedly interested in...i don't get it...when are we going to get a runningback who doesn't have knee, leg, or other medical problems on this squad

We'll have to draft him. the guys who make it to FA without any of those problems are usually not that good.

TexanFan881
03-03-2007, 01:16 PM
AHMAN DRAWING INTEREST

A year after he got no takers as an unrestricted free agent, running back Ahman Green has options this time around.

Teams already believed to be interested in the veteran tailback include the Broncos, Texans, and Raiders. He already has visited the Broncos.

Green reportedly wants a long-term deal worth more than $5 million a year, per the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

I'd like to have him, but more than $5 million a year?!?

tulexan
03-03-2007, 01:20 PM
no way we give him that money.

TexanBacker93
03-03-2007, 01:30 PM
I'd rather bring in a couple of guys that are on the downsides of their careers for a year or two and draft someone to take over than to overpay for a top-tier free agent that won't perform up to the contract. I'm sure there are players out there that have been signed as FAs and gone on to become solid or even great. Usually, though, they aren't worth the big bucks. The Texans had one of the best drafts in the NFL in the past few years last year. I think they will continue that trend this year and that is how to build a winning team.

dirty steve
03-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Or are from Houston or former Longhorns, right? :shades:

That's a joke.
i guess you wrent around last year when i didnt join the bandwagon just because certain players are from Houston or from a Texas school (plus I dont even like UT). i dont really care where the players come from, just as long as they help out the team.

SamuraiSword
03-03-2007, 02:48 PM

According to Moulds I thought we were going younger???

Hmmmm......

swtbound07
03-03-2007, 08:45 PM
eh, he just said he was dead...and he is.

cracked me up. not even joking. Carry on here.

HuttoKarl
03-03-2007, 09:06 PM
i guess you wrent around last year when i didnt join the bandwagon just because certain players are from Houston or from a Texas school (plus I dont even like UT). i dont really care where the players come from, just as long as they help out the team.

I'm with you man. I just know that there's a sizeable population here who isn't. The joke was more at their expense.

South Texan
03-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Well, if we are considering older players... What is Earl Campbell doing these days? He sure has had plenty of time to rest up.

supertruck97
03-03-2007, 11:30 PM
FYI, Ahman was at the Rockets game tonight. They announced him over the loudspeaker. So his visit was today, or tomorrow.

ArlingtonTexan
03-03-2007, 11:34 PM
FYI, Ahman was at the Rockets game tonight. They announced him over the loudspeaker. So his visit was today, or tomorrow.

My understanding was starting tonight and running through tommorow

newport texan
03-03-2007, 11:44 PM

i gotta give him props....at least he VISITED the Texans-jeez!!

LORK 88
03-04-2007, 01:37 AM
http://www.ahman30.com/commerce/inthenews/inthenews.asp?reqdate=2/14/2007&id_passed=295
During a recent interview on Sirius NFL Radio, Packers RB Ahman Green was asked about some teams that will likely be in the market for a running back of his caliber and whether or not he thought they were a good match for him. He agreed that four of them - Denver, Houston, the New York Giants and the New York Jets - were places he could see himself playing next year.

Keep in mind, this was almost a month ago, but I still find it interesting we were in his final 4 weeks ago. Please Green, sign with us!

brewhaus
03-04-2007, 09:47 AM
i gotta give him props....at least he VISITED the Texans-jeez!!

So, this is an eject Ron Dayne.....Load Ahman Green move I take it?

Please_Evolve
03-04-2007, 02:01 PM
So, this is an eject Ron Dayne.....Load Ahman Green move I take it?

I'd take signing both.

J_R
03-04-2007, 04:47 PM
According to the the Texans news page, "Free agent running back Ahman Green was in town this weekend for a visit. He toured Reliant Stadium and saw the Rockets play at the Toyota Center Saturday night. After stops in Denver and Houston, Green has cancelled his remaining free agent trips."-Story to come it says.

He canceled his other trips. Makes me wonder what is to come? What do you think?

autch14
03-04-2007, 04:49 PM
i'm hoping he comes here

Vinny
03-04-2007, 04:49 PM
I'd love to see Green here. Fingers crossed.

03-04-2007, 04:50 PM
i've never understood the love affair some people have with caps lock.

anyway, i wouldn't mind him, but i'd much rather have henry.

TexanFan881
03-04-2007, 05:10 PM
I've got to imagine they're signing him.

ThaShark316
03-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Question...if we got Green, and lets say at 8, Mr. Peterson is there...you take him?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Question...if we got Green, and lets say at 8, Mr. Peterson is there...you take him?

Yes. Ahman Green isn't coming here to be the longterm solution at the running back position.

TexanFan881
03-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Ahman Green transcript: http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3342

LORK 88
03-04-2007, 05:28 PM
After reading the front page article on the site, its between Denver and us. Hopefully we showed him enough and treated him better than Denver so all it is now is a numbers game. Also, like Steel Blue said, Green is here for only afew years. Peterson and him would make an amazing tandem. If we sign Green, he gives us more versatility at the #8 pick and doesn't make us have to worry about getting Peterson as much.

Imatexanfan
03-04-2007, 05:31 PM
If you want Green and AP, what about CT and Dayne?! I say pass on Green and IF AP's available take him, Imean unless Green's asking a low salary which would be awesome too.

LORK 88
03-04-2007, 05:41 PM
If you want Green and AP, what about CT and Dayne?! I say pass on Green and IF AP's available take him, Imean unless Green's asking a low salary which would be awesome too.
What do you mean what about CT and Dayne?! May the best man win!! We need the most talent playing at every position, we don't need to hold on to Dayne and CT because we like them. Dayne is a FA, Green and Peterson would both be a HUGE improvement. As for CT and Lundy, let them battle it out.

autch14
03-04-2007, 05:41 PM
in a way it seems like he likes it a lot more here than denver. he thinks we are close to being a respectible nfl team. I think he has made up his mind and i think its gonna be here for some reason i got that feeling. It was funny how mcnair sent his private plane and the broncos owner sent a commercial airline.

TexanFan881
03-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Denver is also bringing in Travis Henry really soon, so maybe Ahman is out of their picture and his only choice left is us?!?

autch14
03-04-2007, 06:03 PM
if we are his only choice i'm fine with that. i mean even if we are his only choice he said he still liked it here so it won't be too bad. I know people dogg him a lot but i would like him to be here.

TEXANRED
03-04-2007, 06:03 PM
I like his attitude on not letting his QB get sacked.

That was a good interview. Sounds like he wants to play here, if he wanted to play in Denver then he would have canceled the Houston trip. Instead he comes to Houston and cancels the rest of his trips.

Like I had said before on a couple other threads, Green, even being hurt for part of the season, still out rushed our two starters combined.

Just hope he can stay healthy for us.

I also hope this year when I pick him up in FF he won't suck for me like last year.

ravinaznt
03-04-2007, 06:05 PM
i think he sign with the texan.. go to nfl.com frontpage

Silver Oak
03-04-2007, 06:06 PM
ESPN is reporting an agreement has been reached.

Errant Hothy
03-04-2007, 06:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Running back Ahman Green reached agreement on a contract with Houston Texans

So we still going to draft a RB this year?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-04-2007, 06:12 PM
I don't see anything in that article that says we have reached an agreement with Ahman Green.

Wolf
03-04-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't see anything in that article that says we have reached an agreement with Ahman Green.

at the very 1st, you blink you miss it

WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
03-04-2007, 06:51 PM
The chronicle say he signed a four year deal!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4601378.html

Seems like a long deal for a guy with the milegae Green has. I know he is ponly 30 but he has been used quite a bit and had a big injury a few years ago.

ensign_lee
03-04-2007, 07:05 PM
(on if the quarterback situation in Houston and if he can be ‘the guy’ to carry the offense) “I wouldn’t say ‘the guy,’ but I am definitely a guy that will, if I become a Texan, be part of the mix, because I’ve been watching the Texans since the inception of the whole organization, and being a football fan—not just a player, but for a fan—I know with David (Carr) being the quarterback, he has done his best. He has gone out there and thrown the ball, and as a running back, when you’re watching SportsCenter and it says ‘David Carr has been sacked 100 times in a season’ or some crazy number, I’d have a heart attack. I don’t care if it’s (Green Bay QB) Brett (Favre) or a seventh-round draft pick quarterback in the backfield, it it’s up to me, my quarterback is not getting touched. As a running back, you take it personal. I just feel like now that I have the opportunity where I got to come down here and visit, and if I become a Texan, that’s going to be one of my priorities outside of running the ball and scoring points and making yards, it’s to protect David or whoever is back there throwing the ball. I’ll put it like this: I’m going to be his Kevlar back there stopping the blitz.”

:marionaner:

I think we paid a bit much, but meh. WE HAVE A HB! YAY!!! :doot: