PDA

View Full Version : Bills Looking To Trade Takeo Spikes

texasguy346
03-02-2007, 12:52 PM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- The Buffalo Bills are seeking offers in a bid to trade Pro Bowl linebacker Takeo Spikes.

If a trade can't be completed, the Bills would consider releasing Spikes, a person familiar with the discussions told The Associated Press on Friday. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the talks and because the Bills have not announced their intentions for Spikes.

The Buffalo News -- citing a league source in its Friday edition -- and the NFL Network have also reported that Spikes is on the trade block.

A nine-year NFL veteran, Spikes was slow recovering last year from a right Achilles' tendon torn in Week 3 of the 2005 season. He's also expensive, scheduled to make $9.5 million ($4.5 million this season) over the final two years of the six-year contract he signed after joining the team as a free agent.

link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/03/02/bc.fbn.bills.spikes.ap/index.html)

TEXANRED
03-02-2007, 01:01 PM
link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/03/02/bc.fbn.bills.spikes.ap/index.html)

forget it, he wants to go to a winner.

TexanSam
03-02-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't know if anyone is going to be willing to take that salary...

Ole Miss Texan
03-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Way too expensive for us. Sounds like they are really targeting Patrick Willis in the draft.

Mr teX
03-02-2007, 02:18 PM
He's an oft injured player that wants big bank, forget it.

ThaShark316
03-02-2007, 02:34 PM
I don't think he was tryin to say "we should trade for Spikes", I think he just put this in the NFL discussion...cuz thats what it is, NFL discussion...

Unless this thread was moved to this part of the board.

texasguy346
03-02-2007, 03:41 PM
I don't think he was tryin to say "we should trade for Spikes", I think he just put this in the NFL discussion...cuz thats what it is, NFL discussion...

That's one reason & also because the Bills are set to lose London Fletcher, Nate Clements, have expressed interest in trading McGahee, and now possibly trading Spikes. Just interesting to see the amount of turnover on that team.

TwinSisters
03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
That's one reason & also because the Bills are set to lose London Fletcher, Nate Clements, have expressed interest in trading McGahee, and now possibly trading Spikes. Just interesting to see the amount of turnover on that team.

Marv Levy without Polian