PDA

View Full Version : They are begging for Carr at the Tampa Bay Discussion Forums!!!

marv800
03-02-2007, 01:08 PM
In light of the Plummer deal falling through because of his retirement, our counterpart fans at the Tampa Bay discussion forums are begging for David Carr!!! Wow... they must not have seen too many of David Carr-wreck's performances. They probably only had the Jacksonville games broadcast locally.

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=137051

keyfro
03-02-2007, 01:11 PM
you know what i could see carr really striving with gruden's no non-sense coaching...maybe gruden can wake him up and break him of his bad habits

HuttoKarl
03-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Offer Carr for a third...take a fourth if need be.

TexansFanatic
03-02-2007, 01:16 PM
you know what i could see carr really striving with gruden's no non-sense coaching...maybe gruden can wake him up and break him of his bad habits

Carr is a lot like Simms. You can't turn a donkey into a thoroughbred....

David's Busted Carr
03-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Actually sounds more like... "***** now what? guess we're stuck trying to get carr"

keyfro
03-02-2007, 01:23 PM
forget just taking a 4th rounder...have them pony up two picks...3rd and a 5th...they will be getting their new starting qb who isn't even 30 yet

TexansLucky13
03-02-2007, 01:26 PM
This is all really good for Carr.

Texans Horror
03-02-2007, 01:31 PM
The day the boards control the front office...

2BCF
03-02-2007, 01:34 PM

Either that or Carr would be in tears every Sunday.

TopTexanFan16
03-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Either that or Carr would be in tears every Sunday.

This post is pathetic, for a QB who has be shunned by all of Houston, sacked 28 some odd times....give me a break with that cry baby bull****. I think Carr is emotionally and physically strong to play QB under and coach for any team.

TexanFan881
03-02-2007, 01:47 PM
The Bucs seem as if they are going to try Jeff Garcia now, and if that falls apart, and they can't find anyone they want, hopefully they will want David Carr as much as their fans do.

2BCF
03-02-2007, 01:49 PM
This post is pathetic, for a QB who has be shunned by all of Houston, sacked 28 some odd times....give me a break with that cry baby bull****. I think Carr is emotionally and physically strong to play QB under and coach for any team.

Carr is a primadonna, he has been coddled and pampered for 5 long years.
Even Sage had to be commissioned to get Davey to believe in himself. I specifically remember seeing Sage pointing to his temples and shouting to Carr "BELIEVE" from the sidelines on a few occasions.
That's our Davey.
He won't make it out in the real world of the NFL unless he finds another big-daddy McNair to protect him.

Dean 74
03-02-2007, 01:55 PM
how do you get "begging?" maybe we could swap straight up for sims and we could have the UT consolation prize!

San Antonio Texan
03-02-2007, 02:01 PM
This is wonderful news to my ears. This means Carr's value has skyrocketed. (I want him here for the record.)

This also means that Tampa now has to start looking to the draft for a QB if they don't get one via trade or FA. Maybe Bledsoe found a home. If they use thier first round pick to get a QB then we have a chance at #8 to pick someone we didn't think would be available.

TexansLucky13
03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
This is wonderful news to my ears. This means Carr's value has skyrocketed. (I want him here for the record.)

This also means that Tampa now has to start looking to the draft for a QB if they don't get one via trade or FA. Maybe Bledsoe found a home. If they use thier first round pick to get a QB then we have a chance at #8 to pick someone we didn't think would be available.

100% Agreed. This is a win-win situation for David, unless Plummer comes back out of retirement.....

TEXANRED
03-02-2007, 02:04 PM

Casserly?

Swap firsts

mikey21
03-02-2007, 02:08 PM
i would give them carr and swap first in a heart beat

NATHANHALE
03-02-2007, 02:31 PM
100% Agreed. This is a win-win situation for David, unless Plummer comes back out of retirement.....

"We have to find a guy who can dominate," Gruden said. "Not a guy who can run a game or help us score here or there. We have to find a guy in Tampa, Fla., who can dominate in the NFL and be a superstar quarterback that gives us a chance to be where we want to be."

...a quote from Gruden. I don't think he wants Carr...

kastofsna
03-02-2007, 02:32 PM
"We have to find a guy who can dominate," Gruden said. "Not a guy who can run a game or help us score here or there. We have to find a guy in Tampa, Fla., who can dominate in the NFL and be a superstar quarterback that gives us a chance to be where we want to be."

...a quote from Gruden. I don't think he wants Carr...
lol he thought bruce gradkowski was that guy. so what does he know. gruden is a moron. terrible coach.

El Amigo Invisible
03-02-2007, 02:34 PM

The demand is up if they are begging. Ask for a first or a second.:drunk:

kastofsna
03-02-2007, 02:35 PM
the bucs have the colts' 2nd rounder. they could offer that up.

Porky
03-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Carr would be crying for his daddy by the end of the first day.

dantem
03-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Carr is a primadonna, he has been coddled and pampered for 5 long years.
Even Sage had to be commissioned to get Davey to believe in himself. I specifically remember seeing Sage pointing to his temples and shouting to Carr "BELIEVE" from the sidelines on a few occasions.
That's our Davey.
He won't make it out in the real world of the NFL unless he finds another big-daddy McNair to protect him.

Carr has to be one of the most mentally and physically tough QB's ever, He has put up with being sacked more than any QB in history, while fans like yourself sit in thier living rooms drinking beer and eating cheetos calling for him to be replaced. And through that he has not complained one bit about the crappy offensive line that cant protect him, or the crappy fans that don't understand what a team sport is. If you ask me it is the Cry baby near sighted fans that are the primadonnas.

Not that you fit in that catagory :drunk:

Ibar_Harry
03-02-2007, 03:07 PM
man, have you ever seen Gruden coach? Check out some NFL films...he is an enourmous in your face jackas$ who beats down his QB's like no other....I can't see Carr surviving that guy.

That describes Pat Hill to a tee.

Mr teX
03-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Carr is a lot like Simms. You can't turn a donkey into a thoroughbred....

Really, this what i was thinking. Chucky would crush any confidence Carr has left, with that mean stare.

kastofsna
03-02-2007, 03:10 PM
gruden is one big ball of lies, those players see right through the yelling and everything, i don't think carr would be too flustered.

Hulk75
03-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Really, this what i was thinking. Chucky would crush any confidence Carr has left, with that mean stare.

Acctually Carr and Gruden get a long great.

Ibar_Harry
03-02-2007, 03:12 PM
I think the real question is will Carr want to go? If he does then a deal can be made. If he doesn't then he won't and like Plummer he could retire.

I still think Carr's best option is the Bears. While I don't think he would like the city or the cold weather, he would be happy with throwing to Berrian once again and the Bears want to win with their defense. They just don't want the QB taking them out of the game. That probably is a game that Carr would be comfortible with given what he has been doing the last number of years.

powerfuldragon
03-02-2007, 03:13 PM

o rly?

dc_txtech
03-02-2007, 03:24 PM
I would just like to say that the title of this thread is very misleading. I just read all eight pages on the link to the thread and there were only two mentions of David Carr.

What now ? CARR ?

and

NICE!
I would like to get Carr, if anyone

In the same 8 pages Aaron Brooks and Joey Harrington's names came up about 30 times. I looked at the threads in their team discussion forum and saw no mention of David Carr in any of the titles. So I would hardly say that "They are begging for Carr at the Tampa Bay Discussion Forums!!!

santo
03-02-2007, 03:27 PM
I would just like to say that the title of this thread is very misleading. I just read all eight pages on the link to the thread and there were only two mentions of David Carr.

What now ? CARR ?

and

NICE!

In the same 8 pages Aaron Brooks and Joey Harrington's names came up about 30 times. I looked at the threads in their team discussion forum and saw no mention of David Carr in any of the titles. So I would hardly say that "They are begging for Carr at the Tampa Bay Discussion Forums!!!

Maybe they are begging for Carr not to go there...:shades:

nunusguy
03-02-2007, 03:32 PM
With a little bit of ingenuity, the Texans, Broncos, and Bucs ought to be able
to work out some kind of 3-way deal here ?
"Where's there's a will, there's a way".

TwinSisters
03-02-2007, 03:50 PM

Good.

Finally.

Now let's see Gruden put some picks down where his heart is. Just to show me that he means it and is not just puffing.

Carr to Tampa for a 1st and 3rd. ( since Carr went 1st over all, the third would make up the difference ).

We really should get another player in the deal too, but I don't see any reason to get greedy.

Gruden gets his game breaking dominator. We get to trade the Tampa pick down to plug up the dike. Then Carr can be the best QB in the NFC South, instead of the AFC South.

EDIT:
Also I need to say... Ditka believed in Ricky. So did Wannstedt... so it shouldn't really be that big of a deal or that hard to get a deal done. I look forward to seeing Gruden and Carr on the cover of SI... decked out in Holy Matrimony garb and all.

kastofsna
03-02-2007, 03:59 PM
lmao @ a 1st and 3rd for carr.

TwinSisters
03-02-2007, 04:42 PM
lmao @ a 1st and 3rd for carr.

Don't laugh man. :D

What did Wanndstedt give up for Ricky? I think it was 2 1st rounders?

Ricky wasn't even the #1 pick!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0/ESPNWilliamsDitka.jpg

Seņor Stan
03-02-2007, 04:48 PM

What now ? CARR ?

and

NICE!

I wish I would have read your post before following the link. The title to this thread is total horse manure. Their thread is 9 pages long now and there are only the two references to Carr that you cited.

Thanks to marv800 my eyes are now bleeding because of the sig lines over there. Ouch. Where's negative rep when ya need it.

NATHANHALE
03-02-2007, 04:52 PM
I think the real question is will Carr want to go? If he does then a deal can be made. If he doesn't then he won't and like Plummer he could retire.

I still think Carr's best option is the Bears. While I don't think he would like the city or the cold weather, he would be happy with throwing to Berrian once again and the Bears want to win with their defense. They just don't want the QB taking them out of the game. That probably is a game that Carr would be comfortible with given what he has been doing the last number of years.

Grossman passed for over 3200yds and 20tds and folks say that is bad? Please Bears...or anyone, take Carr and his 12tds a yr--promise, he'll get better and he'll put up big #'s, you'll see...

Double Barrel
03-02-2007, 05:18 PM
I still think Carr's best option is the Bears.

Me, too. They have the players that Carr needs to be successful. A dominant defensive unit, a consistent running game, and a line that can block. What they need is a solid game manager, the likes of a Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson types, and I think Carr has that potential. He's not a playmaker or leader, but obviously they do not need those qualities in a QB right now.

Grossman passed for over 3200yds and 20tds and folks say that is bad? Please Bears...or anyone, take Carr and his 12tds a yr--promise, he'll get better and he'll put up big #'s, you'll see...

I think it's consistency with Grossman that is the big question. Carr has shown some inconsistencies, too, but he's never had a team like the current Bears. I do think Carr can be a better game manager than Grossman.