PDA

View Full Version : Dayne & Salaam now freed to sign with other teams

nunusguy
03-02-2007, 11:10 AM
In other news, the Texans have apparently failed to re-sign several of their own free agents before Friday's deadline. Players such as running back Ron Dayne and offensive tackle Ephriam Salaam, both believed to be wanted back in Houston by the Texans, will be able to freely negotiate with any of the league's other 31 teams.
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/
Kubiak has expressed an interest in retaining both of these guys, but apparently they couldn't come to an agreement on contracts ?

shinerbock_girl
03-02-2007, 11:14 AM
In other news, the Texans have apparently failed to re-sign several of their own free agents before Friday's deadline. Players such as running back Ron Dayne and offensive tackle Ephriam Salaam, both believed to be wanted back in Houston by the Texans, will be able to freely negotiate with any of the league's other 31 teams.
Kubiak has expressed an interest in retaining both of these guys, but apparently they couldn't come to an agreement on contracts ?

Dayne i'd at least want to keep...Whats going on???

threetoedpete
03-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Dayne i'd at least want to keep...Whats going on???

They are clearing money to go get quinn. They'll resign them but they are going to get the cap monster under controll.

texans83
03-02-2007, 11:18 AM
They are clearing money to go get quinn. They'll resign them but they are going to get the cap monster under controll.

I hope you are right, in the fact that they know what they are doing

Mr. White
03-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Mike Sherman probably wants Gado to get more reps at RB. I expect him to get a lot more playing time this year.

He'll probably alternate with whoever we draft.

HuttoKarl
03-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Let Dayne go elsewhere to seriously injure OT's.

I'd like to resign Salaam if the price is low. He's a good depth guy to have.

Ole Miss Texan
03-02-2007, 11:34 AM
boy, i sure hope we sign them later.

keyfro
03-02-2007, 01:15 PM
what's going to happen is they are going out to see how much their value is in this league...both are going to find out the hard way that what the texans were offering is probably right at market value and they'll re-sign to play for kubiak

Yankee_In_TX
03-02-2007, 01:16 PM
what's going to happen is they are going out to see how much their value is in this league...both are going to find out the hard way that what the texans were offering is probably right at market value and they'll re-sign to play for kubiak

Not likely to start any where else, IMO.

Meloy
03-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Dayne please do not go anywhere near Saalam this year. We have only so many LT legs on the team.

Texans Horror
03-02-2007, 01:34 PM
See, the Texans don't need talent on offense. It's all about the system. So they don't need Dayne. Of course, par for course, why they didn't sign Salaam I have no idea...

Runner
03-02-2007, 04:54 PM
... offensive tackle Ephriam Salaam, both believed to be wanted back in Houston by the Texans, will be able to freely negotiate with any of the league's other 31 teams.

There is plenty of time to "solidify" the line with Salaam - I doubt the line of suitors for Salaam is all that long. He looks good for us because for two tackle spots we have Winston, Spencer The-One-Legged, and Brad Bedell.

I seriously doubt other teams consider him "good depth".

SAMURAITEXAN
03-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Salaam signed with Texans. Just heard on 610.

Tulip
Per McClain, Salaam just re-signed with the Texans.

TexasJedi
McClain just said on 610 that the Texans have re-signed Salaam. I am guessing there will be a story on that later.

Ckw
03-03-2007, 01:38 AM
Great to know! I still hope we get Dayne, but I can live without him. He showed up towards the end of the season, but who knows whether or not he will be anything like that this year. As for Salaam, he provides excellent depth and I am happy we signed him. Just don't want him starting for us again...

Grid
03-03-2007, 01:43 AM
quit picking on Dayne. Injuries like that happen all the time in the NFL. Not like he goes around kicking people in the shins.

Wolf
03-03-2007, 05:29 AM
I never thought we'd be talking about being worried about missing these two guys :thud: