PDA

View Full Version : Who would you most like to have replace Carr?

marv800
03-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Who's would you like?

HuttoKarl
03-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Just let Sage do it. Don't spend anything else on QB. Suffer for yet another season of mediocrity and develop our new rookie QB for a season.

tulexan
03-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Why would you have Jake Plummer still on the poll, but leave out Jeff Garcia?

Mr teX
03-02-2007, 11:11 AM
I picked Sage only b/c he's already here & we wouldn't have to spend big bank trying to get him here. It would be mildly intriguing to see how he does with what we have on a consistent basis as well. Other than that, it would be purely for financial reasons.

David's Busted Carr
03-02-2007, 11:11 AM
At this point Sage and draft a QB. Why waste more money a retread worse than Carr?

texans83
03-02-2007, 11:12 AM
None of them!!!

Texan_Bill
03-02-2007, 11:18 AM
E. None of the above!!

nunusguy
03-02-2007, 11:22 AM
John Elway, in his prime !

texans83
03-02-2007, 11:23 AM

Haha deff, with Kubes at his back up

threetoedpete
03-02-2007, 11:34 AM

Where's the Brady Quinn option ?

TEXANRED
03-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Where's the none of the above button?

Ole Miss Texan
03-02-2007, 11:54 AM
at this point i don't see any better option. i chose sage just because he'd be cheaper. plummer looks to be heading to tampa. bledsoe and harrington i'm not too fond of.

I also wouldn't be too fond of keeping carr if we're going to start someone else. i don't want to pay 5-6 million bucks for a backup qb.

Texanfan4ever
03-02-2007, 12:48 PM
None of the above.

Airbledsoe11
03-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Drew Bledsoe 100%!!!

wolfscar
03-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Are you kidding? Plummer isn't a question any more (thank god) because he's gone to the Bucs, Rosenfels is a career backup, harrington is about as vanilla a quarterback as you could hope for and bledsoe would just flat out get killed behind our line. I'd rather Kubiak pulled on a helmet himself and took to the field than any one of those guys.

Corrosion
03-02-2007, 04:16 PM
none of the above

Marcus
03-02-2007, 05:58 PM
None of the above.

Include Jeff Garcia as a choice, and I might participate.

afcman
03-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Include Jeff Garcia as a choice, and I might participate.

Yep, Garcia.

TEXANRED
03-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Someone voted for Harrington. I would almost bet it was Hulk.

Trap_Star
03-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Drew Bledsoe

Are you kidding me? DREW FREAKIN' BLEDSOE? I rather have "oscar the grouch" behind center than this statue...

potisyourfriend
03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Are you kidding me? DREW FREAKIN' BLEDSOE? I rather have "oscar the grouch" behind center than this statue...

Even Aaron Brooks? lol

The Pencil Neck
03-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Even Aaron Brooks? lol

Let's not get crazy, now.

HomeBred_Texan
03-02-2007, 10:15 PM
NONE of the above. If he has to be replaced, then might as well go with a rookie like Leaf or Kolb... Just my opinion...

bigfan77801
03-02-2007, 10:15 PM

You have to admit though the garbage can would provide great protection for oscar :stirpot:

Texans_Chick
03-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey, where is the poll on: "Would you rather be shot or stabbed?"

Then somebody says, "Hey, why isn't strangled, flayed alive, or boot stomped on the list?"

And then somebody else adds, "Poisoning is a good one. Why isn't poisoning in the poll?"

I vote meh,

TC
[not thrilled with any of the 2007 QB FA or draftee options]

TwinSisters
03-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Death by brazen bull. #1 choice by all true Texans
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazen_bull

edo783
03-02-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm starting a write in campaign for Manning. I heard there is a super blockbuster trade in the works that brings him to Houston.

StarStruck
03-02-2007, 11:35 PM

No joke! That's an insult to anything Carr ever did over the last five years. That took away the credibility of the poll with that one choice.

That reminded me of the Cowboys Texans game and a guy in my section had on a Bledsoe jersey. The fan who sat in front of me was a riot. "Hey look, a Bledsoe jersey! Man, you got to be the only one in the stadium wearing one. You're cool, though."

petedy
03-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Dan Marino!

DarkNinja
03-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Hands down, Vince Young...:locked:

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Put me in the none of the above group also.

Out of anyone we could possibly get, I would vote Quinn.

How about Steamin' Willie Beamen, apparently to see him is to see the future of QB play.

Insideop
03-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Don't really like any of these choices, but I went with Plummer. And, I would only take him if it wouldn't cost us any draft picks, and we drafted a QB somewhere between the 2nd and 4th rounds like Stanton or Kolb. Plummer is only a short term answer (as are the rest on the list), and it may be shorter than what you think if they don't fix the O-line! JMHO!

potisyourfriend
03-03-2007, 04:39 AM
Hey, where is the poll on: "Would you rather be shot or stabbed?"

Then somebody says, "Hey, why isn't strangled, flayed alive, or boot stomped on the list?"

And then somebody else adds, "Poisoning is a good one. Why isn't poisoning in the poll?"

I vote meh,

TC
[not thrilled with any of the 2007 QB FA or draftee options]

How 'bout Screwed to Death :shades:

petedy
03-03-2007, 11:58 AM
I've got it Aarron Brooks,he was released by Oakland that would be beautiful man.

Indy
03-03-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm a big Carr supporter, I'd rather just keep him.

However...

If I had to choose ANYONE to replace him, it would be Drew Stanton of Michigan State. The kid is everything Kubiak/Smith would want in a quaterback. He's going to be something special

Imatexanfan
03-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm all for Carr but whoever picked Bledsoe or even Harrington is looowww thats like a hit in the stomach.:aikido:

South Texan
03-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Garcia is not on the poll cause the Buc's signed him.
Plummer is a stop gap at best.

I think it's time to see what we have in Sage. If it doesn't work out, maybe that will give DC a wake up call (being the back up). And if that doesn't work, well, an inconsistant QB can still make it TO the Superbowl. Just ask Chicago.

Just don't blow a lot of money on a QB at this point, lot's of other holes to fill.

MATRIX
03-03-2007, 11:48 PM

However...

If I had to choose ANYONE to replace him, it would be Drew Stanton of Michigan State. The kid is everything Kubiak/Smith would want in a quaterback. He's going to be something special

Same here, cut Carr start Sage...whatever.

But, draft Stanton and we have found gold in 2yrs.

marv800
03-13-2007, 10:53 AM
NONE of the above. If he has to be replaced, then might as well go with a rookie like Leaf or Kolb... Just my opinion...

You gotaa be kidding me about Kolb, right? Everyone here is Houston is so blinded with rose colored glasses when it comes to Kolb.

srstex
03-13-2007, 11:05 AM
I voted Sage, he looked real good coming off the bench, and maybe that is all he needs, some time at the starting position. Let's remember one thing, I voted Sage because of the question, but if Carr was in the poll I would have voted for him, I still see Carr as the best out there. Earlier I stated that Plummer was the worst option out there, and I apologize, I didn't realize Aaron Brooks was available.

HOU-TEX
03-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Tom Brady:dance2:

petedy
03-13-2007, 12:19 PM
With much thinking about this I have started a campaign for a trade for Kerry Collins since I think he would fit right in with Houston.:)

Please_Evolve
03-13-2007, 12:59 PM
With much thinking about this I have started a campaign for a trade for Kerry Collins since I think he would fit right in with Houston.:)

Ouch. How about we take Jeff George from Oakland.

Second Honeymoon
03-13-2007, 01:03 PM
I voted Sage, he looked real good coming off the bench, and maybe that is all he needs, some time at the starting position. Let's remember one thing, I voted Sage because of the question, but if Carr was in the poll I would have voted for him, I still see Carr as the best out there. Earlier I stated that Plummer was the worst option out there, and I apologize, I didn't realize Aaron Brooks was available.

so stupid. someone says plummer sucks but then in the next breath says Carr is the best out there. You do realize that Plummer is a far superior QB than Carr right? It's not even up for debate. It seems the same losers who criticize Plummer and Quinn are the same losers who still make excuses for Carr or act like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. When will you guys ever learn to turn the page and just admit that Carr sucks and it was a mistake to draft him.

geez some people are just stubborn, ignorant, or both

marv800
03-13-2007, 02:33 PM
so stupid. someone says plummer sucks but then in the next breath says Carr is the best out there. You do realize that Plummer is a far superior QB than Carr right? It's not even up for debate. It seems the same losers who criticize Plummer and Quinn are the same losers who still make excuses for Carr or act like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. When will you guys ever learn to turn the page and just admit that Carr sucks and it was a mistake to draft him.

geez some people are just stubborn, ignorant, or both

Agree 100%

PLummer has shown that he knows how to move when the pressure is on. He has led teams to the postseason. And probably the most important thing about Jake, that Carr doesn;t have, is leadership skills. Plummer has always been a team leader; win or lose. Carr couldn't lead a penguin to snow in the Antarctic.

freedoggy77
03-13-2007, 03:16 PM
either none of the above or sage b/c he's already here

threetoedpete
03-13-2007, 04:20 PM
None of the above wins. Need to chunck this one and start a new poll.

NFLforher
03-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Peyton Manning.

Koolaid Time
03-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Why would you have Jake Plummer still on the poll, but leave out Jeff Garcia?

I wonder if Jeff Garcia will wear a pink practice jersey down in Tampa Bay? :joker:

NFLforher
03-13-2007, 08:58 PM
I wonder if Jeff Garcia will wear a pink practice jersey down in Tampa Bay? :joker:

To match yours?

Stros5Texans80
03-13-2007, 10:41 PM
E. None of the Above / Brady Quinn

freedoggy77
03-13-2007, 10:42 PM
well, if we don't sign a veteran QB then I would take Quinn at 8 and sit him for half a season behind Sage (like VY with Collins) and have him start. Hopefully he will live up to being the next Tom Brady

MATRIX
03-13-2007, 11:46 PM
The real SCAREY part of this thread is that when I voted at 1033pm CMT, 71% wanted Sage.

Do you not forget Sage was a scrub? He didn't beat out ANY of the QBs he has been on the same team with. That would be the Dolphins, now who can name a legit Dolphins QB since Marino left? Oh, thats right, they haven't had one till maybe now with Culpepper.

Or maybe you forget that Sage has ONLY played in 1 true game, and wasn't very good. And that the rest he played in...was as a " Don't keep Carr in, he might get hurt and thegame is over. Stick Sage in, if he gets killed...oh well." Type game, in other words, if you voted Sage...

Just go grab some guy off the nearest corner(be sure he is 6' 2"ish and 210lbs atleast) and throw him on the roster.

I guess WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY to many think Sage is Romo. Had Romo not played well, or been he "in story" of last season. I doubt half of the non-Carr fans would even consider Sage a legit NFL starter.

While I'm not a Carr lover, if Sage is better...let him win it in camp. Prove he is an upgrade.So far, he hasn't been ableto do so in Houson or Miami. That says a hell of alot about him. Also, if you look at Carrs numbers from last year and Sages numbers, Sage looks better. That is until you simulate him in a full 16 games...and suddenly his numbers are equal and less than Carrs depending on what catagorey your looking at. I have done this afew times aginst the teams we played last year. Sage had a 79.6 QB rating with 10TD's and 14Ints and a comp. % of 59.7. Anyone know what Carr had? I remember off hand he had an 82. something rating and a 68(I belive) comp. %. Whats that say?

Oh, 1- I voted Plummer of who was listed. AND 2- I don't like Carr much, but he did pull 6 wins. And looking to upgrade...Sage dosen't do it. i would rather stay with Carr and develop a 3rd QB. Then turn him loose and let Carr go After the season(unless the hype is finaly answered).

NFLforher
03-14-2007, 12:04 AM

However...

I've been reading stuff about him. He might very well end up to be exceptional. It's a wait and see, as usual. I hope we don't move up to get BQ.