PDA

View Full Version : I hope Rick Smith was taking notes in Denver!

David's Busted Carr
03-02-2007, 11:02 AM
So Denver made it known that they wanted to get rid of Tatum Bell and Jake Plummer.... they throw in a scrub OL and a 5th round pick and what do they get out of it?

Not much, just a PRO BOWL corner (Dre Bly) and a 4th round pick.

So they added a front line starter and IMPROVED their draft picks by losing a 5th and getting a 4th.

WOW, I hope Rick Smith was taking good notes before he came here...

Why can't we make moves like that? We make it known we want to trade Carr and we can't get squat for him. And you can't tell me he doesn't have as much value as Plummer, and even more upside...

dirty steve
03-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Why can't we make moves like that? We make it known we want to trade Carr and we can't get squat for him. And you can't tell me he doesn't have as much value as Plummer, and even more upside...
that's funny. a Carr hater trying to drum up support based on his upside.

HuttoKarl
03-02-2007, 11:05 AM

That's rich.

Errant Hothy
03-02-2007, 11:05 AM

Because we don't have a QB, a RB or an OL as good as the one's Denver gave up.

santo
03-02-2007, 11:06 AM

Plummer has more value than Carr. They are getting a quarterback that has been to the playoffs with two different teams.

Carr on the other hand....

David's Busted Carr
03-02-2007, 11:10 AM

Smart ass. What I mean is good management would SELL another team on his upside.

dirty steve
03-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Smart ass. What I mean is good management would SELL another team on his upside.
uhhh...he isnt as good as plummer, and doesnt have the winning pedigree that plummer does.

threetoedpete
03-02-2007, 11:14 AM

Lol, TOO FUNNY. if they do make the move for Quinn, he won't be the only one gripping. Goining to be a whole sale change on some posters names in here next season.

Errant Hothy
03-02-2007, 11:17 AM

You can only put so much shine on a turd. Fact is Tatum Bell is better then any Rb we have under contract, Plummer is better then any QB we have under contract, and Foster is better then any OL we would be willing to part with.

How do you expect Rick Smith to compete in teh trade market with the crap we have on the roster?

Second Honeymoon
03-02-2007, 12:02 PM
So Denver made it known that they wanted to get rid of Tatum Bell and Jake Plummer.... they throw in a scrub OL and a 5th round pick and what do they get out of it?

Not much, just a PRO BOWL corner (Dre Bly) and a 4th round pick.

So they added a front line starter and IMPROVED their draft picks by losing a 5th and getting a 4th.

WOW, I hope Rick Smith was taking good notes before he came here...

Why can't we make moves like that? We make it known we want to trade Carr and we can't get squat for him. And you can't tell me he doesn't have as much value as Plummer, and even more upside...'

dude dont you get it? Carr DOESNT have as much value as Plummer and Carr has no upside because he sucks. Finally the NFL is showing some of you homers how they truly feel about Carr. Carr sucks and that is why no one wants him. Plummer is better, Kitna is better, geez even statue of liberty Bledsoe is better.

Judgement Day has come and all you Carr homers have been proven wrong. Dude just plain sucks.

thunderkyss
03-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Foster is that first round Draft pick you guys been wanting. He ain't no scrub. Well, he's never made it to the Left side, so I guess he is really, but he's started every game since 2004, save 3.

NEROtheZERO
03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Jake Plummer?

All I've heard is that he was traded to TB and retired because of it.

dirty steve
03-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Jake Plummer?

All I've heard is that he was traded to TB and retired because of it.
i believe he "retired" instead of going to TB. seems like a smokescreen to me.

infantrycak
03-02-2007, 04:07 PM
i believe he "retired" instead of going to TB. seems like a smokescreen to me.

He only threatened to retire and that axed the deal.

HOU-TEX
03-02-2007, 04:17 PM
He only threatened to retire and that axed the deal.

According to this snippet, the deal is on hold. Do you think Tampa would do a 3 way trade between Denver, Tampa and Houston? Tampa would get Carr, Houston would get Plummer and Denver would receive either 1 or 2 4th rounders. I think all 3 teams would end up happy. I guess it would depend if Tampa would even consider Carr over Plummer. Eh, doubtful, but interesting.:winky:

A source in the Tampa Bay organization said Friday afternoon the deal to acquire Plummer is "on hold ... at best." The source indicated that there were ongoing discussions aimed at convincing Plummer to accept the trade and play in 2007, but that the veteran passer was prepared to walk away from the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2785459

Janus3
03-02-2007, 04:22 PM
except dre bly sucks. slow, can't jam and gets blown on deep plays. lions made the steal there.

kcwilson
03-02-2007, 04:38 PM
except dre bly sucks. slow, can't jam and gets blown on deep plays. lions made the steal there.

Actually, Bly is just the opposite. He is more of a true cover corner and didn't fit well in the run stuffing CB that is required of Marinelli's cover 2, which predicates more zone. Bly is much better suited to man to man coverage and is considered a top cover corner.

That being said, I agree that the Lions got the best end of the deal because they gave up two regulars for 1 and didn't drastically improve the draft pick.

The Lions now have a starting tackle and a RB to cover their butts if Jones doesn't recover. Now at the 2nd pick, they no longer NEED to take Joe Thomas and are in a much better position to trade out of the spot for multiple picks, or in fact can pass on Joe Thomas for a D line player should they view that as more of a need, which they do because they have no DE's right now.

I think it was a great trade by Detroit, and a move by Denver they felt they needed to do in order to recover from the sudden death of Darrent Williams.