PDA

View Full Version : WR Bryant and LB Porter released

BSofA04
03-02-2007, 12:56 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2784626

ESPN.com has reported that WR Antonio Bryant (SF) and LB Joey Porter (Pittsburgh) have been released. Both would demand a reasonable amount of money to acquire, but both could help the Texans team tremendously. Also, WR Joe Horn has been released from NO's. Could his experience be welcomed by Houston?

Personally, I'd like to see us make a stab at Antonio and Porter, with an emphasis on Bryant. He's one helluva receiver, but his attitude is his downfall. It would be nice to have a legitimate deep threat opposite Johnson

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-02-2007, 01:00 AM
Bryant is suspended for the first 2 games of the '07 season due to repeated substance abuse violations. No thanks.

BSofA04
03-02-2007, 01:03 AM
Bryant is suspended for the first 2 games of the '07 season due to repeated substance abuse violations. No thanks.

Yeah. The guy has a ton of baggage but an equal amount of talent. What a pity. Porter could still help solidify of LB crew and the guy is a sack artist.

CowboysTexansFan
03-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Bryant is a complete turd. He threw a towel in Bill Parcells' face in Dallas and eventually was sent packing despite being given a second chance. From there he went to Cleveland, which didn't want him either. Now the 49er's have let him go.

I don't want him on the Texans, but am not going to worry about it because I'm reasonably certain Mr. McNair would not allow the team to sign him.

tsip
03-02-2007, 01:37 AM
Our we going to start throwing to our WR (besides AJ), something we haven't done since day one?

Roughnecks
03-02-2007, 01:52 AM
Porter would be a huge pickup and could mentor Ryans. He has a winners attitude and could bring that bling I just don't see the cap room but we need at lease one big splash. I can see Porter getting in guys faces if they don't pull their weight. Might be just wishful thinking though.

Second Honeymoon
03-02-2007, 02:02 AM
Porter would be a huge pickup and could mentor Ryans. He has a winners attitude and could bring that bling I just don't see the cap room but we need at lease one big splash. I can see Porter getting in guys faces if they don't pull their weight. Might be just wishful thinking though.

would love the signing...he brings attitude and accountability and respect

threetoedpete
03-02-2007, 09:33 AM

Why after the babins experiment, would you want to bring in another 3-4 LB to a 4-3 team ? That round peg doesn't fit our square hole there big guy.