PDA

View Full Version : Bad Re-Signings / FA Contracts

LORK 88
03-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Marcus Coleman – Awarded a 3 year, 9.3 million dollar contract after a 7 INT season. Since then, he’s been cut 2 years later and has a 4 game suspension for violating the league substance abuse policy with his new team Dallas. Last I heard, he’s not even in the league anymore.

Kailee Wong – signed a 4 year, 16.75 million dollar extension before the 2005 season, went down in week 6 with a bad knee injury and is still recovering. Most likely will be a cap casualty unless he decides to restructure his contract.

Domanick Williams – Got a 5 year, 25 million dollar contract had his worst season as a pro last year, but more importantly had a bad knee injury and didn't play season at all. He is in jeopardy if ever playing football at all and is reportedly going to be cut.

Gary Walker – Resigned before the 2004 season to a 6 year, 36 million dollar contract after he made the pro bowl for us. 2 years later, he’s off our team and out of the NFL.

Seth Payne – Got resigned in 2004 offseason to a 4 year, 16 million dollar contract, but was cut this offseason because of injury and age.

Todd Wade – Was given a huge 6 year, 30 million dollar contract and was supposed to be a huge help in building our O Line. Instead, he was released 2 years later during this off season and is a backup in Washington.

Robaire Smith – Just like Wade, was one of our big 2004 signing a 6 year, 26.3 million dollar contract and was cut this preseason. He also got replaced by a 2nd year guy from Carolina named Attiyah Ellison who didn’t even stay with the Texans very long (3 weeks or so).

LORK 88
03-02-2007, 12:34 AM
Doesn't this make you miss Charley Casserly even more? BTW, for those wondering I started this in the middle of the season and edited it for now just to show how bad some of the situations we got ourselves into were. Also, I read sommething in another thread about dead money and thought that people would be interested in the vast ammount of players who contribute to it. What's even worse is it's very possible to make the case that Wade and Smith were both mis-managed as evident by their sucess with other teams.

Vinny
03-02-2007, 12:38 AM
and the secondary award for the most 'eh signing goes to Charlie Clemmons, Keith Mitchell, Stacey Mack and Merciless

Mr. White
03-02-2007, 12:46 AM
Marcus Coleman – Awarded a 3 year, 9.3 million dollar contract after a 7 INT season. Since then, he’s been cut 2 years later and has a 4 game suspension for violating the league substance abuse policy with his new team Dallas. Last I heard, he’s not even in the league anymore.

Kailee Wong – signed a 4 year, 16.75 million dollar extension before the 2005 season, went down in week 6 with a bad knee injury and is still recovering. Most likely will be a cap casualty unless he decides to restructure his contract.

Domanick Williams – Got a 5 year, 25 million dollar contract had his worst season as a pro last year, but more importantly had a bad knee injury and didn't play season at all. He is in jeopardy if ever playing football at all and is reportedly going to be cut.

Gary Walker – Resigned before the 2004 season to a 6 year, 36 million dollar contract after he made the pro bowl for us. 2 years later, he’s off our team and out of the NFL.

Seth Payne – Got resigned in 2004 offseason to a 4 year, 16 million dollar contract, but was cut this offseason because of injury and age.

Todd Wade – Was given a huge 6 year, 30 million dollar contract and was supposed to be a huge help in building our O Line. Instead, he was released 2 years later during this off season and is a backup in Washington.

Robaire Smith – Just like Wade, was one of our big 2004 signing a 6 year, 26.3 million dollar contract and was cut this preseason. He also got replaced by a 2nd year guy from Carolina named Attiyah Ellison who didn’t even stay with the Texans very long (3 weeks or so).

David Carr – Holds on to the ball too long. Doesn't make 2nd read. Doesn't throw the long ball. Can't hit his receivers in stride. Rolls up like an armadillo when he thinks a sack might be coming and often sacks himself. Fumbles when he gets sacked. Teammates don't support him, but the front office gives him preferential treatment.

You forgot one. I fixed it for you.

DRAMA
03-02-2007, 12:47 AM
I uh.....Why did we....

WOW! I....forgot.......

I mean....Casser.....I just don't....

Just wow!

Ole Miss Texan
03-02-2007, 12:49 AM
:drunk: :gun: "serenity now!"

Napa Auto Parts
03-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Our Worts move in franchise history was drafting David Carr and passing on J. Peppers our Second mistake was giving David a bonus just because some people wanted a pretty boy image type of player for the franchise by some people i mean the owner of the franchise. we could have let david carr hit free agency last year and got him for close to the league minimum. and i dont even think David Carr's family that post's on these forums could deny that.:stirpot:

Roughnecks
03-02-2007, 02:00 AM
That just shows the reason we should build through the draft. Plus it will take more than a 2 or 3 year job to get this thing strait. I think charges should be brought up on Dom Dumb and Cass for this, it looks like ENRON all over again.