PDA

View Full Version : Bill Parcells Joins ESPN

Vinny
03-01-2007, 10:44 PM
March 1 (Bloomberg) -- Bill Parcells joined ESPN as a National Football League analyst, five weeks after leaving the Dallas Cowboys and retiring from coaching for a third time.

Parcells, 65, will appear on the Walt Disney Co. network's ``Monday Night Countdown'' and ``SportsCenter'' programs before each week's Monday night game. He'll also write weekly columns for ESPN.com and co-host an ESPN radio show with Chris Mortensen on Fridays during the NFL season.

``I look forward to it and hopefully I can add a former coach's perspective,'' Parcells said on a media conference call. ``As I've gotten on in age, I have had a lot of experience with a lot of players. I've seen the league change and grow.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=a5VWu00E_HRY&refer=home

Trap_Star
03-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Cant wait to hear his response when TO has a fit with Wade Phillips...:tease:

powerfuldragon
03-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Think they'll get rid of irvin?

Carr Bombed
03-01-2007, 11:29 PM
I guess thats why they got rid of Irvin. Parcells after working under Jerry, probably doesn't want to be around another cowboy as long as he lives

powerfuldragon
03-01-2007, 11:31 PM
I guess thats why they got rid of Irvin. Parcells after working under Jerry, probably doesn't want to be around another cowboy as long as he lives
oh, they already got rid of irvin?

WWJD
03-02-2007, 08:12 AM

Actually Bill had a very good working relationship with Jerry.

kastofsna
03-02-2007, 08:17 AM
it made no sense to get rid of irvin at this point right before his HoF induction. must've been something else going on.

parcells is a great analyst.

nunusguy
03-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Any chance he'll be replacing Kornheiser on the MNF games ? Nah, I'm sure
that's way too much to hope for.