PDA

View Full Version : Starting to worry that Andre Johnson

David's Busted Carr
03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
will BOLT first chance he gets. He's the only SUPERSTAR player we have on our team. He's a relatively quiet and reserved guy, but you know he's got to be getting tired of playing for a losing team with a horrible QB, and now an uncertain future QB.

Then the Texans CUT his good friend Eric Moulds. Remember the main reason Moulds came here was because of Andre. How do you think he feels now that they just dump him after one year?

I'm not sure what his contract status is, but they better not EVER let him even sniff the open market or he's gone. And I'd hate to see it get ugly by tagging him every year...

GuerillaBlack
03-01-2007, 09:19 PM
I would hate that, too. Get him another good reciever, with a better QB than Carr. I believe he would be happy then.

Mr. White
03-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Watch Pros vs. Joes. It's on right now. Kordell Stewart is on and he looks better than Carr.

run-david-run
03-01-2007, 09:39 PM
He is still signed for a few more years.

Tailgate
03-01-2007, 09:41 PM
If we arent good by the time AJ is up for resigning... then he deserves to get out of here. 2009 I think? Could be wrong.

WillyP
03-01-2007, 09:42 PM
We'd franchise him anyway, so even if he did agree to sign with another team they'd have to pay out the nose in compensatory picks.

AJ is the least of my worries.

blockhead83
03-01-2007, 09:42 PM
I wouldn't be shocked at all if Johnson left, he looks very frustrated at times on the sidelines and in post-game interviews. On the other hand he's been to the pro-bowl twice, and I think he likes the organization and the city. If we turn it around here in the next season or two, and maybe give him a new QB to throw him the ball I don't think he'll be that anxious to bolt.

Arky
03-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Bah, too early to worry about it. Winning cures everything and 2007 could be the Texans first winning year......

MATRIX
03-01-2007, 11:11 PM
We'd franchise him anyway,
AJ is the least of my worries.

Really?

What if AP is still around at #8, an plays as he should. Then what, who is the better player? Who do you tag?

dantem
03-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Loosing johnson would not be so horrible. What did he do last year?

Dropped a ton of passes in critical situations.

Caught more passes than anyone in the league and went to the Pro Bowl? Lets not forget that he was the only reciever thrown to on the team (by design) and they were all short dump off passes. and by the way... Who completed all those passes? Oh yeah, we can't give him credit for the completions, we don't like him anymore.

He does not have the speed to get open downfield, so we are restricted to short passes as long as he is our number 1 reciever.

His open field breakaway ability was almost non existant last year.

I think he and D-Rob both are riding on their first few years here and need to get back on their game this year.

Stros5Texans80
03-01-2007, 11:23 PM
I think we need to address the playmakers on offense. If we get a couple or even just one this year, I think he will feel better knowing that he won't have to do a majority of the work. Personally I could see him being happy with CJ or AP.

Carr Bombed
03-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Really?

What if AP is still around at #8, an plays as he should. Then what, who is the better player? Who do you tag?

Peterson will still be in the middle of his rookie contract, you won't have to worry about that.

dantem
03-01-2007, 11:27 PM
I think we need to address the playmakers on offense. If we get a couple or even just one this year, I think he will feel better knowing that he won't have to do a majority of the work. Personally I could see him being happy with CJ or AP.

We need to pick up a fast reciever who can be a deep threat to replace Moulds.

TexanFan881
03-01-2007, 11:40 PM
We've got so many other things to worry about, you shouldn't worry about this right now. But if it did happen I could see the whole offense collapse, and maybe the whole team, if he left. He is one of the few bright spots on our team and it would be a huge disappointment if he left.

BSofA04
03-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Peterson will still be in the middle of his rookie contract, you won't have to worry about that.

Yep. Granted we have a competent QB, we'd have a pretty good team. Houston would be able to keep Johnson with little worries.

Napa Auto Parts
03-01-2007, 11:46 PM
I think AJ will leave us after we franchise him for two years of him refusing to sign a long term deal i think our only option is to get a decent QB to throw him the ball and no i dont mean them David Carr 2 to 6 Yard Bombs.:stirpot:
winning cures everything and our weakest point in this teams is our QB as of right now.

Roughnecks
03-02-2007, 01:22 AM
If we do not get better he will be gone along with D-ROB.

ledzeppelin229
03-02-2007, 01:39 AM
I think AJ will leave us after we franchise him for two years of him refusing to sign a long term deal i think our only option is to get a decent QB to throw him the ball and no i dont mean them David Carr 2 to 6 Yard Bombs.:stirpot:
winning cures everything and our weakest point in this teams is our QB as of right now.

Maybe you think your redundant posts about Carr are entertaining but I've read too much of the same junk. It isn't completely inaccurate, and I'm not a Carr homer, but give it a rest. We already know your 'thoughts' on it. Not to mention it is posts like that that bring out the Carr loyalists in full force, at which point the redundancy is multiplied two to three times.

tulexan
03-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Andre isn't going anywhere whether he likes it or not. Unless he wants to retire, we aren't going to let him go.