PDA

View Full Version : What's the Texan front office going to do with Carr?

Arky
03-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Now, that you've voted on if you want David Carr back, what do you think the front office will actually do?

Meloy
03-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Now, that you've voted on if you want David Carr back, what do you think the front office will actually do?Keep DC, go hard for Nate Clemments cb, sign a depth type LT in f/a; pray hard that AP falls, draft Kolb 2nd or Joe Staley if Kolb gone 3. Tony Ugoh LT 4. Sabby Piscitelli SS 5. Maybe Lewis Leonard. :aikido:

real
03-01-2007, 05:28 PM
I've been saying it for a while, and I'm going to stick to my guns.

David Carr not only won't, but he can't be brought back as the Texans starting QB next year....

Double Barrel
03-01-2007, 05:32 PM
They will keep him, IMO, for a number of reasons. No other team is making any viable offers (and by 'viable', I mean what the Texans FO define it). And there is not much out there in way of QBs that is a clear upgrade over what we've already got in DC.

There are three types of QBs:

1. Those that do more with less (i.e. Tom Brady)

2. Those that can do under the right circumstances (i.e. Trent Dilfer)

3. Those that just suck. (i.e. Ryan Leaf)

We know, after five years of starts, that Carr is not the first type of QB. It's not an insult to say that it's rather obvious that he cannot do more with less, because this has been his situation from the beginning.

So, he's either 2. or 3., and we all have opinions which is which.

The FO will keep him, for lack of clear upgrades and lack of offers, and try to put a supporting cast around him that contains a consistent running game, a couple of more offensive playmakers, a Pro Bowl offensive line, and a dominant defense that only allows 3 points per game. With these key ingredients, Carr can be a QB that can do under the right circumstances.

Nawzer
03-01-2007, 05:36 PM
I don't see how David Carr can be our starting qb next year. Even last week I would've said and have said that DC will probably be back, but after this weeks comments from Dunta and former Texan Eric Moulds I don't see DC as our qb. It's very clear to me that the majority of the Texans locker room do not have confidence in Carr's ability to lead this team to the playoffs. Simply put this is has the potential to become a very very ugly situation and I don't think it's viable to have DC as our qb anymore.

powerfuldragon
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
he's staying. money reasons.

tulexan
03-01-2007, 05:42 PM
I can't see him returning. Not only will the fans go ballistic, but after yesterday with Dunta on Cold Pizza and Mould's parting comments, the players will too.

texans83
03-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I don't see how David Carr can be our starting qb next year. Even last week I would've said and have said that DC will probably be back, but after this weeks comments from Dunta and former Texan Eric Moulds I don't see DC as our qb. It's very clear to me that the majority of the Texans locker room do not have confidence in Carr's ability to lead this team to the playoffs. Simply put this is has the potential to become a very very ugly situation and I don't think it's viable to have DC as our qb anymore.

I agree, Ive been saying the whole off season until yesterday that he would be back but after what happened yesterday I dont know how they could bring him back here. I mean if they like the guy and respect him as a person then they need to git rid of him. If they keep him then they will only hurt the franchise more. I like Carr and think he could be productive but with all that has happened I thik he will be going and the best of luck to him.

dirty steve
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
"what's DC's trade value"
"show your disdain for DC"
"what's going to happen with carr"

this thread should follow the same predictable path--

Marcus
03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
The FO will keep him, for lack of clear upgrades and lack of offers, and try to put a supporting cast around him that contains a consistent running game, a couple of more offensive playmakers, a Pro Bowl offensive line, and a dominant defense that only allows 3 points per game. With these key ingredients, Carr can be a QB that can do under the right circumstances.

What's the matter, DB? You didn't want to use a sarcasm smilie because it's not dripping enough? :winky:

Double Barrel
03-01-2007, 06:08 PM
What's the matter, DB? You didn't want to use a sarcasm smilie because it's not dripping enough? :winky:

It's a fine line between sarcasm and reality. :dance3:

wolfscar
03-01-2007, 06:16 PM
I think he'll be back, but I'd really like it to be on the other side of some serious performance-related contract restructuring.
Maybe he'll step up his game (whether here or elsewhere) maybe he won't, but right now he's seriously overpaid and we need the cap room.

TwinSisters
03-01-2007, 06:44 PM
he'll be back.

Another training camp of great things to come. Grand plans for how he will finally blossom into the hall of famer that all the girls dreamed about, those will be drawn up. Then the plans will look good in the preseason. Then the plans will look good in the regular season, because someone else is always screwing it up and the real reason for the loss. Then it will be the end of December, and just a like any classic episode of Gilligan's Island, Kubiak will get fired so that we can do it all over again next season.

Actually, you know... that would be a good song to introduce the Texans with:

So this is the tale of our castaways,
they're here for a long, long time.
They'll have to make the best of things,
it's an uphill climb.
The first mate and his skipper too,
will do their very best,
to make the others comfortable,
in the tropic island nest.
No phones, no lights, no motor cars,
not a single luxury.
Like Robinson Crusoe,
it's primitive as can be.
So join us here each week my friend,
you're sure to get a smile.
From seven stranded Castaways,
Here on Gilligan's Isle.

It would be cool. Instead of Battle Red day.. we could have Hawaiian shirt day. Pina Colodas will be half price and come with little umbrellas in them. All kids under 8 will get a free Wilson volleyball and pack of Battle Red crayons.

GNTLEWOLF
03-02-2007, 07:07 AM
carr stays another year. The O-line and D-backs get attention and a young QB is drafted to groom.

threetoedpete
03-02-2007, 09:26 AM
carr stays another year. The O-line and D-backs get attention and a young QB is drafted to groom.

Agreed. Need Vegas to set up an over/under on the amount of DC threads on the board this year if he stays.

Battle Red Flash
03-02-2007, 09:48 AM
I say he's traded.
For a 3rd rounder, or 2nd rounder.
I wish Hulk was right about us getting a 1st rounder, but......

I doubt that.