PDA

View Full Version : Horn Released

Errant Hothy
03-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Saints | Horn Released
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:00:45 -0800

ESPNews reports the New Orleans Saints have released WR Joe Horn.

per kffl/per espn

Would Horn be a good compliment ofr AJ?:bubble:

real
03-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I hope he goes to the Patriots...

I don't think the Texans should focus on big name free agents like this...Not at skill positions...

GuerillaBlack
03-01-2007, 04:15 PM
If we can afford him, get him. I suspect he is a good leader in the locker room, plus, Houston and New Orleans are not too far away.

Saints don't need him after the recievers they had in the playoffs.

TexanSam
03-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Horn is old

jlam
03-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Sad day.

Hopefully he tests his value on the open market and doesn't get the guaranteed money he thought he would and returns to N.O. on a new (reduced) contract.

Doubtful, but hey.

Honoring Earl 34
03-01-2007, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=TexanSam;609850]Horn is old[/QUOnTE]

Horn was really liked by the people of New Orleans ... he did a lot for the Katrina victims .

run-david-run
03-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I think this would be too much like the Moulds signing for us to do it. An aging receiver how is loosing his speed...we just had one of those and let him go.

cook56
03-01-2007, 06:07 PM

I don't think the Texans should focus on big name free agents like this...Not at skill positions...

Is there anyone you don't wanna see go to the Pats? LOL!!!

TexanFan881
03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
I think this would be too much like the Moulds signing for us to do it. An aging receiver how is loosing his speed...we just had one of those and let him go.

Exactly. I think we are only going to be looking at young players now after cutting Eric Moulds with the only reasonable reason being his age. I expect to see us take a hard look at Kevin Curtis.

Please_Evolve
03-01-2007, 06:18 PM

Weren't you high on clements? Skill position.

*shrugs* either way he'll prolly be starting somewhere next year. I wouldn't mind getting him for a decent contract.

TEXANS84
03-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Sad day.

Hopefully he tests his value on the open market and doesn't get the guaranteed money he thought he would and returns to N.O. on a new (reduced) contract.

Doubtful, but hey.

Agree. He's been on that team through ups and downs, and right at the best moment...they let him go.

I'd hope he'd retire with you guys, and for your sake I hope he can re-sign.

kiwitexansfan
03-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Moulds V2.0.

Same deal, different name. Apart from the celebrations perhaps, but that assumes TD's being scored... is that a stretch.

Texans Horror
03-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Wherever they go, I am concerned because for the first time last season, the Texans had a credible #2 receiver, somebody the other team has to be concerned about. I don't care who the name is, but I think AJ's performance will be more solid if the Texans can bring in somebody like Horn who demands coverage.

swtbound07
03-02-2007, 08:44 AM
insert joke about everything else new orleans rejected coming to houston here....

macaronitoni
03-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Just heard the Saints released him, he's been to probowl before, you think since we released Moulds, we would be interested in him? Of course, what receiver would want to come to Houston knowing they'll never get the ball (as long as Carr is behind center)

If the FO was smart, they would sign a FA QB (namely Plummer but too late now) before anybody so that we look like a more attractive team to play for.

Here comes Quinn! (Assuming he falls like projected)

reilli
03-03-2007, 08:39 PM
insert joke about everything else new orleans rejected coming to houston here....

:laughjump:

mexican_texan
03-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Totally classless move. Horn did a lot for the organization in their time of need.

mexican_texan
03-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Sad day.

Doubtful, but hey.
Payton wanted him gone.