PDA

View Full Version : Bly traded for Tatum Bell, Foster and a 5th round pick

stingray
03-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Broncos get Dre Bly and Lions get Tatum Bell and George foster. I think this is a good trade for the Broncos. Bell is not an everydown back and Bly can be a ballhawk.

real
03-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Good trade for the Broncos. Should have been us.

kiwitexansfan
03-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Good trade for both teams really.

Lions are working hard to build that OL. Maybe they are looking to someone other than Joe Thomas.

I don't think this could have been the Texans, we have nothing they would of wanted. Don't say Carr because they wouldn't have wanted him. They have Cutler and Carr can go to a team that wants him to start.

TexanAddict
03-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Dang, I was hoping we could maybe get Bly from Detroit. Hope we at least inquired about him.

Errant Hothy
03-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Good trade for the Broncos. Should have been us.

What do we have to offer the Broncos for Tatum and Foster...Faggins?

I to would have liked to get Bell and Foster, but ID the Broncos were looking for secondary help we couldn't help them. Atleast we won't be trading for Mike Bell now.

Second Honeymoon
03-01-2007, 01:07 PM
I think the Lions made this move so that they could pass on Joe Thomas and get Calvin Johnson in the draft without having their fans throw a riot

HuttoKarl
03-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Well....maybe now Detroit goes for Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn/JeMarcus Russell and Adrian Peterson's likelihood of falling to Houston increase. Would Cleveland pass on Joe Thomas???

I can't imagine so.

Mr teX
03-01-2007, 01:13 PM
I know i'm probably late, but we can all cross Damon Huard off of our FA wish list as well, he signed a 3 year extension with the chiefs.

real
03-01-2007, 01:18 PM
What do we have to offer the Broncos for Tatum and Foster...Faggins?

I to would have liked to get Bell and Foster, but ID the Broncos were looking for secondary help we couldn't help them. Atleast we won't be trading for Mike Bell now.

I was actually referring to us getting Dre Bly.

Errant Hothy
03-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Ok...same question if teh Lions wanted a 3rd down back and OL help what could we have given them?

real
03-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Ok...same question if teh Lions wanted a 3rd down back and OL help what could we have given them?

You're assuming that's the ONLY thing that would have gotten the deal done...

Bad assumption...

ThaShark316
03-01-2007, 01:33 PM
We gotta play these clowns (Broncos) next yr...boooooooooo...We better pick Cutler off 6 times and return 3 of them for TDs.

Errant Hothy
03-01-2007, 01:46 PM
You're assuming that's the ONLY thing that would have gotten the deal done...

Bad assumption...

Play Devil's advocate, if you are the Lions what would you want of the current roster that the Texans would be willing to give you.

My point is I don't think we had anything to offer teh Lions that they would have wanted.

HuttoKarl
03-01-2007, 01:51 PM

Knowing how much Millen loves WR's, we should have offered Moulds, Weigert and Payne.

real
Play Devil's advocate, if you are the Lions what would you want of the current roster that the Texans would be willing to give you.

My point is I don't think we had anything to offer teh Lions that they would have wanted.

I think we could have come up with a better package than Tatum bell and whats his face....

Either the Texans didn't go after Bly, or they felt the asking price was too high...I seriously doubt it's because we couldn't come up with enough Value for freakin' Dre Bly....

Second Honeymoon
This trade is good for both teams. The Broncos now probably have the best cornerback tandem in the league and the Lions improved both their OL and RB situations. Getting Foster frees the Lions up to take a skill position player and not feel they neglected their line deficiencies. In the end the Broncos probably get the nod on this deal due to the lack of quality cornerbacks.

run-david-run
03-01-2007, 02:31 PM
I think we could have come up with a better package than Tatum bell and whats his face....

Either the Texans didn't go after Bly, or they felt the asking price was too high...I seriously doubt it's because we couldn't come up with enough Value for freakin' Dre Bly....

wow...after that whole argument yesterday over CB's, you go and completley demeen the value of a multiple Pro Bowler at that position...lol

tulexan
03-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Looks like the Plummer, Bell, and the 21st pick for the 8th isn't happening.

Errant Hothy
03-01-2007, 02:33 PM

Anybody upset by that?

real
03-01-2007, 02:34 PM
wow...after that whole argument yesterday over CB's, you go and completley demeen the value of a multiple Pro Bowler at that position...lol

Yeah, that's exactly what I did....

Errant Hothy
03-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Addition to the trade:

Broncos | Pick sent to Detroit as part of trade compensation
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:29:15 -0800

Updating previous reports, Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos also traded an undisclosed draft choice, which is believed to be a fifth-round pick, to the Detroit Lions in exchange for CB Dre' Bly. As reported, the Broncos also parted ways with RB Tatum Bell and OT George Foster.

Could this mean that Joe Thomas doesn't gut #2 to Det?

threetoedpete
03-01-2007, 04:43 PM
I am guessing most of you have heard this news, the Lions traded Dre' Bly and a fifth round pick for Tatum Bell and George Foster. How do you feel about this trade?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/10031184

so is this the same Tatum Bell that some on the board were going to throw our 8 at ? Just curious there.

Ole Miss Texan
03-01-2007, 04:50 PM
I am guessing most of you have heard this news, the Lions traded Dre' Bly and a fifth round pick for Tatum Bell and George Foster. How do you feel about this trade?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/10031184

People keep getting this confused. It's Denver sending RB Tatum Bell, OT George Foster, and their 5th round pick to Detroit for CB Dre Bly.

I think it's a great deal for the Broncos. Bly will be great opposite Champ unless denver is thinking of packaging Bly and Plummer to us. i'd rather have Bly than Bell.

I don't know enough about the lions. they need line help, bell could be a good addition as well. they will need denvers 5th rder.

could be a good all around trade and that's what you're looking for.

ledzeppelin229
03-01-2007, 04:55 PM
People keep getting this confused. It's Denver sending RB Tatum Bell, OT George Foster, and their 5th round pick to Detroit for CB Dre Bly.

I think it's a great deal for the Broncos. Bly will be great opposite Champ unless denver is thinking of packaging Bly and Plummer to us. i'd rather have Bly than Bell.

I don't know enough about the lions. they need line help, bell could be a good addition as well. they will need denvers 5th rder.

could be a good all around trade and that's what you're looking for.

Bly and Plummer would be nice as long as its not for #8.

Ole Miss Texan
03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Bly and Plummer would be nice as long as its not for #8.

Yea some rumored we swap 1st rders and throw in plummer and bell. now maybe it'd be swaps 1sts and they throw in plummer and bly. i'd prefer bly to bell.

Ole Miss Texan
03-01-2007, 05:16 PM
I wonder who'd be available at the 21st pick. That'd be sweet if Levi Brown or Patrick Willis fell that far. If not maybe that's how we could get Ryan Kalil, but doubt we would. we have our cb so who to take in the 2nd?

#8 pick traded for Ryan Kalil, Dwayne Bowe, Jake Plummer, and Dre Bly?

i might have to take that deal, but what they would give us is pure speculation at this point.

But we gotta get back to the point, who would Denver really want at 8? someone on the d-line?

Ole Miss Texan
03-01-2007, 06:04 PM
glad no one responded...i misworded that pretty bad.

Dwayne Bowe could be our 2nd rd pick not from what we got from Denver. or another player in the 2nd...whatever you get the point.

cook56
03-01-2007, 06:20 PM

Thank goodness!

Carr Bombed
03-01-2007, 06:42 PM
This is actually one of those trades, where both teams benefited greatly. The lions oline was atrocious and they needed a #2 back, because KJ is always getting nicked up, they also get another pick out of the deal. Dre Bly was going to end up leaving anyways. I can't believe I'm going to say this, Matt Millen actually made a good move.

Ole Miss Texan
03-01-2007, 10:15 PM
So does this trade now open up Detroits options a little? As far as drafting Brady Quinn or maybe Calvin Johnson???

If so that may mean Cleveland takes Joe Thomas over AP and he could slip to us. just sayin'

Trap_Star
03-01-2007, 10:18 PM
So does this trade now open up Detroits options a little? As far as drafting Brady Quinn or maybe Calvin Johnson???

If so that may mean Cleveland takes Joe Thomas over AP and he could slip to us. just sayin'

I think Det. might now look at CJ IMO...

thunderkyss
03-01-2007, 10:48 PM
So does this mean the Denver Broncos no longer have any 1st round picks on their offensive line??

& they gave away their 1st round Tackle plus their 2nd round pick from two years ago, plus a 5th round in this years draft for a second round Corner....

and this was a good deal??

Trap_Star
03-01-2007, 10:50 PM
So does this mean the Denver Broncos no longer have any 1st round picks on their offensive line??

& they gave away their 1st round Tackle plus their 2nd round pick from two years ago, plus a 5th round in this years draft for a second round Corner....

and this was a good deal??

I dont like the deal either,for Denver, I think Shanahan is getting desperate...

Ole Miss Texan
03-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Bell has been a huge disappointment (yeah, teams other than us have disappointing draft picks) and Foster is kinda miscast for the zone scheme. This is the team that traded Clinton Portis for a CB too...that didn't end up too bad. This gives them one of the best CB tandems in the NFL and 5th round picks are bottom of the roster types most of the time....so I think it was a good thing for them. Bell will work out fine for Martz...he loves speed..even if guys have no rb skills *cough* cough* Trung* *cough* *Candidate**cough*

Yea look at us. we just cut our 5th round pick from last year. he's a pro bowl receiver too! lol.

infantrycak
03-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I think Det. might now look at AP IMO...

How the heck does acquiring a 2nd round RB to back up a 1st round RB open up Detroit to taking a top 5 RB?

infantrycak
03-01-2007, 11:04 PM
This is the team that traded Clinton Portis for a CB too...that didn't end up too bad.

And has traded their leading rusher every year since--Portis, Droughns, Anderson, Bell--4 years running, lead the team and you are out of here.

texasguy346
03-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Maybe Detroit is looking to grab a QB.

Trap_Star
03-01-2007, 11:09 PM
How the heck does acquiring a 2nd round RB to back up a 1st round RB open up Detroit to taking a top 5 RB?

I just noticed that, I meant to put Calvin Johnson...
Had a brainfart..