PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Bryant

mexican_texan
02-28-2007, 11:02 PM
ANTONIO TO GET THE HEAVE-HO?

Kevin Lynch of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the 49ers could soon be terminating the contract of receiver Antonio Bryant.

Per the Chronicle, both the team and the player are evaluating whether his release would be "mutually beneficial."

----read article for rest----

Cutting Bryant would result in a $2.28 million cap hit, and it would leave the team short at the receiver position.

It also would be difficult, in our view, for Bryant to find elsewhere the $1.25 million in salary he's scheduled to earn in 2007, given that his suspension carries over to the first two games of the 2007 season.
Very talented, but a bit troubled. He was run out of Dallas, Cleveland, and now, possibly, the 49ers. Some of you said you want the Texans to look past character issues for talent, and I think Bryant is a good candidate for that.

Trap_Star
02-28-2007, 11:16 PM
If you want to sign him, you have to sign someone to be his designated driver...:drunk:

The guy has talent but like you said he's been run out of too many teams...
NO THANKS...

SF49erFaithful
02-28-2007, 11:50 PM
I think it would be a mistake to cut him.

StarStruck
03-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Antonio Bryant challenged Bill Parcells to a fight, which IMO, challenging a coach is not a problem I would want in my locker room. Going after an opponent, or even a team mate I can understand depending on the circumstances, but your boss?

cook56
03-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Pass on this one. Maybe he and Pac Man could go hang out together.