PDA

View Full Version : Texans to release Moulds/Moulds' comments

Pages : 1 [2]

awtysst
03-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Well, it's the story of my life taking the hard route.

But think about what this says. If you take the average yards per catch for a QB and subtract the average yards after catch for a QB, it gives you the average length of throw for a QB.

If I take the top 8 people on that list (which includes Carr) and calculate the average throw length (for caught balls) you get:

Favre - 5.14
Brees - 6.54
Bulger - 6.36
Kitna - 6.39
Brady - 5.65
Carr - 3.97
Roethlisberger - 7.05
Palmer - 7.73

Now, we all KNEW that we had a dink & dunk offense but this just underlines that.

Sorry, I just find stuff like this interesting.

David Carr: Dinking and Dunking his way into our hearts!

Lame, I know, I couldnt help it!

GuerillaBlack
03-29-2007, 08:06 PM
You think we could sign Moulds back, now that Schaub is here?

shanden
03-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Why would we?

I am not sure that would be a good morale booster.

Its always possible that everything was peachy behind closed doors with the FO, HC and Moulds before he left but the odds of having grudges has to be high.

dalemurphy
03-30-2007, 06:14 AM
You think we could sign Moulds back, now that Schaub is here?

Moulds looked really slow last year. I think they concluded that he's done.

coachdent
03-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Moulds looked really slow last year. I think they concluded that he's done.

How about the fact that Mr. Moulds couldn't get open AT ALL in the second half of the year? Kinda tough to get the football when you are under a blanket. But obviously, he is not our problem anymore. He can take his criticisms of the "dink and dunk quarterback" to his new team:
Indianapolis Colts NOT
San Diego Chargers NOT
New England Patriots NOT
Pittsburgh Steelers NOT
Denver Broncos NOT
New York Jets NOT
Baltimore Ravens NOT
Kansas City Chiefs NOT

Funny how NONE of the playoff caliber AFC teams aren't rushing out to sign this Canton-caliber receiver. As a matter of fact, no NFC playoff caliber teams are rushing either. Come to think of it... NOBODY is coming to get him. He MIGHT get a workout with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He'd STILL average under 4 yards per catch and people would STILL blame Carr for his woeful numbers. Of course you may be purchasing your #8 Blue Bombers clown suit with Carr on the back...but I digress.

Schaub_to AJ_YES!
03-30-2007, 10:29 AM
How about the fact that Mr. Moulds couldn't get open AT ALL in the second half of the year? Kinda tough to get the football when you are under a blanket. But obviously, he is not our problem anymore. He can take his criticisms of the "dink and dunk quarterback" to his new team:
Indianapolis Colts NOT
San Diego Chargers NOT
New England Patriots NOT
Pittsburgh Steelers NOT
Denver Broncos NOT
New York Jets NOT
Baltimore Ravens NOT
Kansas City Chiefs NOT

Funny how NONE of the playoff caliber AFC teams aren't rushing out to sign this Canton-caliber receiver. As a matter of fact, no NFC playoff caliber teams are rushing either. Come to think of it... NOBODY is coming to get him. He MIGHT get a workout with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He'd STILL average under 4 yards per catch and people would STILL blame Carr for his woeful numbers. Of course you may be purchasing your #8 Blue Bombers clown suit with Carr on the back...but I digress.

Interesting how a guy can catch 73% of the passes thrown his way EVEN though he is BLANKETED by the opposing CB. Explain that. Nothing was wrong with Moulds other than he may have lost a step. He still produced when given the chance.