PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel like something BIG is about to happen?

marv800
02-28-2007, 01:09 PM
For some reason, it really feels like something significant w/ the team is about to happen. I dunno if its an announcement that Carr is the man, Carr is gone, or that Harrington is coming here. But something definitely feels like we are on the eve of a significant announcement in the next few days.

OzzO
02-28-2007, 01:11 PM
".....or that Harrington is coming here."

<runs out the door screaming>

But yeah - I get what your saying. Something feels like it's gonna go down soon.

Lucky
02-28-2007, 01:12 PM
...or that Harrington is coming here.
That would be big. Like a big, lead balloon.

This place would go loco. I'll take leave until draft day, if that comes about.

real
02-28-2007, 01:15 PM
...or that Harrington is coming here.

Please don't speak that into exsistence...

marv800
02-28-2007, 01:15 PM

But yeah - I get what your saying. Something feels like it's gonna go down soon.

Nice avatar.. you play Gears?

Meloy
02-28-2007, 01:17 PM
For some reason, it really feels like something significant w/ the team is about to happen. I dunno if its an announcement that Carr is the man, Carr is gone, or that Harrington is coming here. But something definitely feels like we are on the eve of a significant announcement in the next few days.Something big? Yes but it was gas. This too shall pass. Seriously, I think McNair wants something significant to show to the fans. At midnight tonight he signs Nate Clemments.

Spike
02-28-2007, 01:31 PM
I'd love for something significant to occur...if for no other reason than it would make things more interesting around here. How long until camp starts? How many more ways can we rehash the QB situation and our general feelings regarding Carr? Seriously, it would be great if the front office could pull off a move to garner some positive attention to this franchise.

Double Barrel
02-28-2007, 01:45 PM
....or that Harrington is coming here.

I'd have to seriously question my fanatic devotion to the Houston Texans if they did something stupid like that.

And by stupid, I mean STUPID. :francis:

2BCF
02-28-2007, 01:51 PM
yea, but for some reason i get the feeling that it's going to be something disasterous...like...we traded aj, our 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks for the next three years, and a 30 million dollars for joey harrington.

the announcement was from c. casserly who has been reinstated after a brief hiatus as gm.

this announcement would be followed by gary kubiak announcing david carr as the starter.

Now that would be disasterous for our '07 season.

alphajoker
02-28-2007, 01:57 PM
For some reason, it really feels like something significant w/ the team is about to happen. I dunno if its an announcement that Carr is the man, Carr is gone, or that Harrington is coming here. But something definitely feels like we are on the eve of a significant announcement in the next few days.

Maybe your feeling has to do with free agency approaching this Friday? :confused:

Hottoddie
02-28-2007, 02:00 PM
News flash: In what can only be considered the most radical move in the history of the NFL, offensive guru Gary Kubiak announced today that the Texans would be going to a 2 QB formation.

In an attempt to satisfy both the Carr haters & Carr homers, the Texans will start both Carr & Rosenfels. Rosenfels is expected to take the snaps under center & toss the ball to Carr everytime the offensive line collapses & a sack is immenient. When asked why Carr was going to be subjected to such abuse, Kubiak responded, "Because he's used to it & Mr. McNair won't let me trade him."

Carr was reached later, & when asked what his thoughts were on the new changes, he just grinned & fainted.

Stay tuned for updates as they develop. This could get interesting.

Meloy
02-28-2007, 02:11 PM
News flash: In what can only be considered the most radical move in the history of the NFL, offensive guru Gary Kubiak announced today that the Texans would be going to a 2 QB formation.

In an attempt to satisfy both the Carr haters & Carr homers, the Texans will start both Carr & Rosenfels. Rosenfels is expected to take the snaps under center & toss the ball to Carr everytime the offensive line collapses & a sack is immenient. When asked why Carr was going to be subjected to such abuse, Kubiak responded, "Because he's used to it & Mr. McNair won't let me trade him."

Carr was reached later, & when asked what his thoughts were on the new changes, he just grinned & fainted.

Stay tuned for updates as they develop. This could get interesting.Now that was funny right there.

2BCF
02-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Maybe Carr:baby: will anounce his retirement.
Lord knows he will never be a starter anywhere else and he has plenty of money from his grand-theft Texans contract.

marv800
02-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Lord knows he will never be a starter anywhere else and he has plenty of money from his grand-theft Texans contract.

Not true. Danny Wuerffel flourished for years in the Euro League.

TexansLucky13
02-28-2007, 02:22 PM

Too bad that he would be a starter for any number of teams.

2BCF
02-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Not true. Danny Wuerffel flourished for years in the Euro League.

I stand corrected! :BananaWav

kcwilson
02-28-2007, 02:25 PM

Maybe the big news is that Carr only took what he was offered by the Texans and that anyone of us would have done the same.

And if the "Lord" knows so much about starters in the NFL, maybe we should sign him to our scouting staff.

marv800
02-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Does anyone know the status of Drew Henson? Maybe he could come take a few snaps for us.

2BCF
02-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Does anyone know the status of Drew Henson? Maybe he could come take a few snaps for us.

Somebody call kissimmee, he might be there.

kiwitexansfan
02-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Yes, things are going to get crazy around here.

I think if a move is made at QB that will be the biggest event in the history of the franchise. It will cause chaos on these boards.

I just hope we don't end up with Plummer.

I would be stoked if Carr leaves if we can get Quinn, to learn behind Sage for half a year.

Lucky
02-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Payne & Moulds out. Domanick & Kailee to follow? I guess marv800 was right.

ArlingtonTexan
02-28-2007, 03:06 PM
I feel like something I am not expecting to happen...will wait to see if that is BIG or good.

Vinny
02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
The Texans will officially announce their cuts around 3pm today.

AtheGreat
02-28-2007, 03:16 PM
carr gets cut and we pick up Brandon Backe as a undrafted qb. whoops, didn't mean to spoil yalls big suprise.

texans83
02-28-2007, 03:18 PM
carr gets cut and we pick up Brandon Backe as a undrafted qb. whoops, didn't mean to spoil yalls big suprise.

hahaha!!!!!! oh man super bowl here we come.......:tease: :tease: :tease:

dirty steve
02-28-2007, 03:18 PM
that would be a miraculous recovery.

Second Honeymoon
02-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Too bad that he would be a starter for any number of teams.

he could probably start for that team in College Station with an all-male cheerleader squad...but that is about it

edo783
02-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Harrington is coming here..

Well, that would be like pulling out the other nut and putting a round through that one also.

Texans_Chick
02-28-2007, 04:38 PM
The Texans will officially announce their cuts around 3pm today.

From the presser:

HOUSTON TEXANS RELEASE THREE VETERANS

HOUSTON - The Houston Texans have released WR Eric Moulds, DT Seth Payne and OL Zach Wiegert it was announced today.

Moulds (6-2, 225), was acquired by the Texans in a trade during the 2006 off season from Buffalo. He finished with 57 receptions for 557 yards and one touchdown last season.

Payne (6-4, 292), was the last remaining player from the Texans 2002 Expansion Draft. Payne played in five games during the 2006 season before tearing a ligament in his right knee.

Wiegert (6-5, 297), signed with the Texans in 2003. He started nine games this season before suffering a torn knee ligament against at Jacksonville.

“We made some difficult decisions today in releasing the three veteran players,” Texans General Manager Rick Smith said. “We appreciate the contributions that each made to our football team, organization and community.”

The NFL begins its new calendar year on Friday, March 2 at 11:01 CST. Teams are allowed to sign unrestricted free agents from other teams.

The Dude Abides
02-28-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm hoping for a Rex Grossman deal.

bATXle red
02-28-2007, 04:45 PM
so... has anyone who's good at math and has the time figured out how much money these cuts will cost the texans in dead money, and how much money will it free up for free agency spending?

JamesC
02-28-2007, 04:47 PM
I dont really get the feeling that anything big is about to happen....at least not yet. Maybe as we get closer to the draft things will start to heat up. This team does need to make a splash in free agency though.

Meloy
02-28-2007, 04:56 PM
From the presser:TC is it not possible that Moulds could be resigned at lower contract or am I wrong?

DocBar
02-28-2007, 05:22 PM

But yeah - I get what your saying. Something feels like it's gonna go down soon. I know 3 people that this would make happy. They are all old and senile. Go figure. With these cap clearing moves, I expect 1 or 2 good FA signings. Rick Smith might end up being the AntiCasserly. Let's hope so.

DocBar
02-28-2007, 05:25 PM
that would be a miraculous recovery.

Is NFL QB a good method of rehab for Tommy Johns surgery? I'd rather see if Roy O would be intersted in the job. That's one cool customer.

GuerillaBlack
02-28-2007, 05:28 PM
I feel like we are becoming the Saints of '06..only in '07. A complete clean house.

aj.
02-28-2007, 05:36 PM
something BIG? Not really. And I don't consider a Carr trade 'big' (unless it involves Day 1 picks in April).

When you move into a house that someone else lived in for 5 years (and made a mess of it) it takes a while to clean the place up and make it liveable before you start thinking about adding another room with all the modern fixtures.

In other words, Rick Smith is still ripping the green shag carpet and brown wall paneling out of Charley Casserly's old house.

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 05:40 PM
something BIG? Not really.

When you move into a house that someone else lived in for 5 years (and made a mess of it) it takes a while to clean the place up and make it liveable, before you start thinking about adding another room with all the modern fixtures.

In other words, Rick Smith is still ripping the green shag carpet and brown wall paneling out of Charley Casserly's old house.

Maybe TLC can run a new program called "Flip This Franchise."

Texan_Bill
02-28-2007, 05:43 PM

*chokes on sandwich when reading this* ahem... Please don't even joke about this...... *washes back some water*

*clears head, produces lucid thought*.... The Texans FO can't be that stupid. They would wait at least until we paid our 3rd installment on our tickets first.... Right?!?!?

afcman
02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
if we can get Quinn

Quinn would be Carr version 2. Hmmmm.....no, more like 1.1.

I can only hope you were joking.

MATRIX
02-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Quinn would be Carr version 2. Hmmmm.....no, more like 1.1.

I can only hope you were joking.

Want BIG, on AM 610(Houston) I have heard non-stop today that we are looking to deal to get a higher pick to get Peterson.

The reason, he provides a legit RB that can break a game open. And for marketing, he can run for 150+ yards and even if we loose...people will come see him do it.

It makes sence, but what do we have other than Johnson to even try to get say the # 3-5 pick in the 1st?

Wolf
02-28-2007, 06:45 PM

Stay tuned for updates as they develop. This could get interesting.

my vision is this for the 2 qb offense.. Sage would be split out in the slot.. Carr takes the snap and because he is the master of the dump offs... he dumps it off to sage and sage does the actual downfield throwing

Wolf
02-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Want BIG, on AM 610(Houston) I have heard non-stop today that we are looking to deal to get a higher pick to get Peterson.

The reason, he provides a legit RB that can break a game open. And for marketing, he can run for 150+ yards and even if we loose...people will come see him do it.

It makes sence, but what do we have other than Johnson to even try to get say the # 3-5 pick in the 1st?

I don't know about the moving up scenario and it being known to everyone.. kinda early rumor, I wonder if we are targeting someone else ... but again.. Carr and #8 pick for Peterson? :heh:

TwinSisters
02-28-2007, 08:39 PM
my vision is this for the 2 qb offense.. Sage would be split out in the slot.. Carr takes the snap and because he is the master of the dump offs... he dumps it off to sage and sage does the actual downfield throwing

The Texas Flea Flicker O

Navy_Chris
02-28-2007, 09:00 PM

How is Joey Harrington coming here BIG news?

Imatexanfan
02-28-2007, 09:04 PM
How is Joey Harrington coming here BIG news?

WHAT Harrington coming here now thats hilarious!!:lol:

I just heard it all, Carr got picked over Harrington..right..fans want Carr gone then Harrington takes place ya'll are too much for me right now just ridiculous.:drunk:

QB75
02-28-2007, 09:53 PM

Grand theft... such whining. He'll either start here or somewhere else in 2007.

trutxn
02-28-2007, 10:05 PM
I'd love for something significant to occur...if for no other reason than it would make things more interesting around here. How long until camp starts? How many more ways can we rehash the QB situation and our general feelings regarding Carr? Seriously, it would be great if the front office could pull off a move to garner some positive attention to this franchise.

There has been so much talk about Carr and the draft that no one is asking about Domanick Williams. IF he could gain his old form it would be great and Kubes would look like a genius. Every now and then we hear he is running but continues to get swelling, if this is so why has he not been cut? We can't rely on him or Spencer to return but we can hope for the best. We will soon see the path the team will take.

DocBar
02-28-2007, 10:25 PM
There has been so much talk about Carr and the draft that no one is asking about Domanick Williams. IF he could gain his old form it would be great and Kubes would look like a genius. Every now and then we hear he is running but continues to get swelling, if this is so why has he not been cut? We can't rely on him or Spencer to return but we can hope for the best. We will soon see the path the team will take. That's cuz it is never going to happen. DD/DW is done. Chronic and degenerative injuries don't just go away. I hope he makes a liar out of me, but if they open a line on his comeback chances in Vegas, I know where my money will be.

texan_fan_8
03-01-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm hoping for a Rex Grossman deal.

good one loser for another.

eeish

brewhaus
03-01-2007, 08:40 AM
For some reason, it really feels like something significant w/ the team is about to happen.

Hope springs eternal.

HJam72
03-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Here's what's going to happen:

After cutting a lot of players, Kubes and company will realize at some point that they don't have enough draft picks and available free agents to put a team on the field, BUT WE'LL LOOK GOOD ON CAP SPACE!!! :drunk:

This is when Smith will save the day and find about 20 guys right off the streets of Houston to take us to our first playoff game. So, I ask you....

WHO WANTS TO PLAY QB? :doot:

Navy_Chris
03-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Here's what's going to happen:

After cutting a lot of players, Kubes and company will realize at some point that they don't have enough draft picks and available free agents to put a team on the field, BUT WE'LL LOOK GOOD ON CAP SPACE!!! :drunk:

This is when Smith will save the day and find about 20 guys right off the streets of Houston to take us to our first playoff game. So, I ask you....

WHO WANTS TO PLAY QB? :doot:

That could be a good thing, though. I know I want the Texans to be $30M or more under the cap next season. I just can't bear to sit through another
6-10 season while this takes place.

petedy
03-01-2007, 01:05 PM
That could be a good thing, though. I know I want the Texans to be $30M or more under the cap next season. I just can't bear to sit through another
6-10 season while this takes place.

It doesn't matter who is QB so get use to sitting through another 6-10 season or best 7-9. If Carr is gone what are you going to say then?

texans83
03-01-2007, 01:13 PM
oohhhh can I play qb. I promise not to fumble:ok: :ok:

Navy_Chris
03-01-2007, 01:15 PM
It doesn't matter who is QB so get use to sitting through another 6-10 season or best 7-9. If Carr is gone what are you going to say then?

Thank you Lord! At least that waste of space will be gone and we can ACTUALLY get better on offense.

Navy_Chris
03-01-2007, 01:15 PM
oohhhh can I play qb. I promise not to fumble:ok: :ok:

are you sure? i think david made that promise too.

marv800
03-02-2007, 10:45 AM

There are plenty of teams that don't have top tier offensive lines, yet still perform well on the leadership, and intelligence of the QB. Also, its not like the Texans have a bunch of gimps on the OL. The OL is slightly below average at worst. In fact the addition of only a strong LT could easily change the entire face of the OL. Then again, it wont make much difference if the QB behind the line is a weak leader.

Double Barrel
03-02-2007, 11:01 AM
At some point, we've got to face the reality that Carr is neither a QB that can do more with less, nor is he going to be a team leader.

These are not criticisms, but just the way it is after five seasons. He'll only succeed when the talent around him can elevate his play, and to some degree, carry his weight.

Put a consistent running game with him, along with a couple of playmakers and a Pro Bowl offensive line, and he can be a Trent Dilfer / Brad Johnson type of QB (both have rings, btw).

David's Busted Carr
03-02-2007, 11:01 AM
NO, I don't. I have a bad feeling it will be the same old crap, another offseason...

coachdent
03-02-2007, 12:58 PM
At some point, we've got to face the reality that Carr is neither a QB that can do more with less, nor is he going to be a team leader.

These are not criticisms, but just the way it is after five seasons. He'll only succeed when the talent around him can elevate his play, and to some degree, carry his weight.

Put a consistent running game with him, along with a couple of playmakers and a Pro Bowl offensive line, and he can be a Trent Dilfer / Brad Johnson type of QB (both have rings, btw).

Please....

Neither Trent Dilfer, nor Brad Johnson won Super Bowls because of what they did. They won because of what they didn't do AND also what their coaches did. They ran the football effectively. Why did VY have a "good" year? Because the Titan ran the football like nobody's business. They also ran it in obvious passing downs so that VY wouldn't crap the bed and turn the ball over.

TD and BJ (an apt abbreviation to be sure) are quarterbacks who just basically guided the ship in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and made sure that they didn't hit any continents. Our football team has far too many flaws to ask a QB to do so little. Very poor analogy. Hostetler won a Super Bowl too so did Jim Plunkett. They handed the ball off extremely well in those Super Bowls. "You wanna crown 'em? Then Crown their *****"!

real
03-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Please....

Neither Trent Dilfer, nor Brad Johnson won Super Bowls because of what they did. They won because of what they didn't do AND also what their coaches did. They ran the football effectively. Why did VY have a "good" year? Because the Titan ran the football like nobody's business. They also ran it in obvious passing downs so that VY wouldn't crap the bed and turn the ball over.

TD and BJ (an apt abbreviation to be sure) are quarterbacks who just basically guided the ship in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and made sure that they didn't hit any continents. Our football team has far too many flaws to ask a QB to do so little. Very poor analogy. Hostetler won a Super Bowl too so did Jim Plunkett. They handed the ball off extremely well in those Super Bowls. "You wanna crown 'em? Then Crown their *****"!

I honestly think you just misunderstood his post...

Scottyboy
03-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Already lunch time and nothing!! We need someone!! Please get some big, please!!

If we dont ink someone today, were as good as toast!!

Meloy
03-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Already lunch time and nothing!! We need someone!! Please get some big, please!!

If we dont ink someone today, were as good as toast!!I am
optimistic 'cause I have some peanut butter for my toast! What?

coachdent
03-02-2007, 02:05 PM
I honestly think you just misunderstood his post...

There are some who feel that a monkey would be better than Carr. Not meant to attack the messenger but the ignorance of the need for other position help.