PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Glenn To Return?

TexanAddict
02-28-2007, 10:30 AM
On KHOU Ch. 11's ten o'clock news last night, it was reported that Aaron Glenn may be interested in rejoining the Texans. However, I can't find anything in writing to support this claim. Did anyone else hear anything about this? If he was willing to play for near the veteran minimum, I wouldn't mind having him back for depth and veteran leadership in the secondary.

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 10:38 AM
No way he was geting burned before he went to the Cowgirls we need someone young with speed.

Porky
02-28-2007, 10:40 AM
No way he was geting burned before he went to the Cowgirls we need someone young with speed.

Name a corner who doesn't get burned. I would love it. We need some veteran leadership, and he has lost a step but can play off the bench in the dime package. Are you seriousely saying that Dexter Mcleon is better?

TexanAddict
02-28-2007, 10:42 AM
There is no way that Glenn would start for us and probably would be a dime option at best, but his leadership was definitely missed and contributed to the collapse we experienced in 2005. I just want to know if anyone else saw this report or was I hearing things.

TexanAddict
02-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Name a corner who doesn't get burned. I would love it. We need some veteran leadership, and he has lost a step but can play off the bench in the dime package. Are you seriousely saying that Dexter Mcleon is better?

Exactly

Meloy
02-28-2007, 10:46 AM
I heard the end of a conversation last week when he was on one of the radio stations. He said he would be interested in Texans but if i understood correctly, he is tied to Dallas somehow. I thought he had signed a 2 year deal and it was up last season. Has he been gone 2 years? He is a great person, I just doubt he is better than what we have.

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 10:48 AM
No that is not what I am saying he has lost more than just a step he just not going to help in my opinion and I am allowed that right or did that change. Do not get me wrong I like Glenn he a Aggie was a Texan and I loved it when we got him. He also helped D-ROB while he was here but come on lets move on if we did not keep him before what has he done to get back on the team. I read all the time how the team waste money on players who are past their prime this is no different you want him for leadership sign the guy as coach or something.

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 11:03 AM

So how well did that work out for us the last time we made that statement reguarding Glen and playing CB for the Texans.

I think Glen could out play Faggins right this very second.

Its not always about speed, intellegence plays a big factor. Its knowing what rout the receiver is about to run, formations of the offense, tendencies of the QB and tells of the WR. These are the tools that Glen has and the Texans could use. DRob's best year was when Glen lined up next to him.

I would welcome Glen back with an "I'm sorry" and open arms.

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Yea smarts have something to do with it but if the guy gets by you smarts is not going to give you the speed to catch up yo them. As Faggins go no I do not even consider him in all this I say find someone better than both move Faggins to the dime. Come on do you really think he would help out at corner no move him to safety if you want him that bad he might do better there since he does not have to follow the wideout from the line. He been in the long enough that he could see what going to happen but at corner no way.

kiwitexansfan
02-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Depends on the $$$$.

For veteran minimum? Welcome back Mr Glenn.

aj.
02-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Glenn is under contract with Dallas through '07 so he would have to be released. But that's possible considering his base is $1.7 this year. He's probably carrying a cap number of over $2 mil not including bonuses, and that's a lot for a 35 year old situational DB. He was one of Tuna's favorites but it's all up to Wade and Co. ....errr... Jerry, now. Aaron still lives in Sugar Land and commutes during the week - at least he did under Parcells - so I'm sure he'd love to end up here if Dallas cuts him. He would cost about a million/yr considering his tenure. He had some ankle and knee problems last year as well.

Texan_Bill
02-28-2007, 12:16 PM
The benefit I see in Glenn may not be his performance on every down situation, but his leadership, work ethic and his intelligence. He could do nothing but have a positive impact on the players around him. ALmost act as a player-coach.

TexanAddict
02-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Glenn is under contract with Dallas through '07 so he would have to be released. But that's possible considering his base is $1.7 this year. He's probably carrying a cap number of over $2 mil not including bonuses, and that's a lot for a 35 year old situational DB. He was one of Tuna's favorites but it's all up to Wade and Co. ....errr... Jerry, now. Aaron still lives in Sugar Land and commutes during the week - at least he did under Parcells - so I'm sure he'd love to end up here if Dallas cuts him. He would cost about a million/yr considering his tenure. He had some ankle and knee problems last year as well.

Good information. Thanks!

Meloy
02-28-2007, 12:20 PM
So how well did that work out for us the last time we made that statement reguarding Glen and playing CB for the Texans.

I think Glen could out play Faggins right this very second.

Its not always about speed, intellegence plays a big factor. Its knowing what rout the receiver is about to run, formations of the offense, tendencies of the QB and tells of the WR. These are the tools that Glen has and the Texans could use. DRob's best year was when Glen lined up next to him.

I would welcome Glen back with an "I'm sorry" and open arms.Glenn did not want to be a nickle or dime CB & that led to his release. Has that changed?

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Glenn did not want to be a nickle or dime CB & that led to his release. Has that changed?

Which I think is funny b/c he left here to become a nickle/dime back.

To bad he didn't stick around cus I have a feeling he could have beat out PBuc for the job.

Blu
02-28-2007, 12:55 PM
One of the worst mistakes was to let Glenn go in the first place, and thinking DROB was ready to lead this secondary.
I think it would be great for Aaron to come back and finish what he started.

bATXle red
02-28-2007, 04:06 PM
glenn can come in and help laron landry in his rookie season with the texans..... :winky: if only

SESupergenius
02-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Bring him back! so that we can move Dunta over to a better spot. Or better yet, have Glenn as the #2, get a tier 1 corner in FA and move Dunta to the nickel.

powerfuldragon
02-28-2007, 04:28 PM
It'd be nice to have him back, but i don't think it'll happen.

real
02-28-2007, 04:29 PM
If they cut Moulds because they wanted to go with youth, I'm thinking they won't be clamouring for Glenn...

TopTexanFan16
02-28-2007, 04:37 PM

Wait a min. i think your mistaken i dont remember Glenn gettin burned that often at all, and i see it happen to D-rob too. Glenn was a great corner but i havent followed him since he went to the cowgirls. Also keep in mind that Glenn during Duntas bid freshman year was the nmber 1 reciever and lined up against the better reciever. I really think you should take time and watch the last season he was with us, you'd be surprised how well he played.

Wolf
02-28-2007, 05:21 PM
I think some forget that no pass rush=burns

Navy_Chris
02-28-2007, 07:50 PM

Veteran experience is crucial for our secondary. Last year, I was actually interested in making a deal to bring Brian Dawkins down here for a couple of seasons just for the purpose of lighting a fire under our worthless secondary and to serve as a veteran leader who has 'been there, done that.'

Aaron Glenn would make sense to me.

mexican_texan
02-28-2007, 08:25 PM
On another note, a team at the local YMCA is interested in Marcus Coleman.

Navy_Chris
02-28-2007, 08:32 PM
On another note, a team at the local YMCA is interested in Marcus Coleman.

Are you sure? Nah, I don't think Marcus is at their level.

Hervoyel
02-28-2007, 08:35 PM
I finally have a response to the thread title "Aaron Glenn To Return?"

Only if he's nuts.

Heath Shuler
02-28-2007, 09:52 PM
To bad he didn't stick around cus I have a feeling he could have beat out PBuc for the job.
Any one watch many Tampa games this year? How did Pbuc do?

South Texan
03-01-2007, 12:02 AM
If the price is right (not too big a cap hit) bring him back! He is a smart vet and played well with D-Rob. Hopefully, he has a couple of good years in him and would allow us to spend the big bucks elsewhere. (AP, if he is available at our pick, is not gonna be cheap.)