PDA

View Full Version : D-rob On Cold Pizza

Pages : [1] 2

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 09:32 AM
hE EVEN SAID THAT DC SHOULD GO SAID HE HATE TO SEE HIM GO BUT HE IS NOT GETTING THE JOB DONE SO THAT SEEMS A INDUCATION HE IS GONE. WHEN ASKED ABOUT MARIO SAID HE LOVES THE GUY HE WAS JUST INJURIED SO WATCH OUT IN 07. ALSO LOVE KUBES AND IS GUY YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR AND WONDERLIC IS STUPID. ALSO NEEDS TO WORK TO GET TO CHAMP BAILYS LEVEL AND MOST IMPORTANT TEXAS BBQ IS THE BEST.

Spled
02-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Anyone checked under the bus? That's where Dunta threw Carr.

The Pencil Neck
02-28-2007, 09:34 AM
hE EVEN SAID THAT DC SHOULD GO SAID HE HATE TO SEE HIM GO BUT HE IS NOT GETTING THE JOB DONE SO THAT SEEMS A INDUCATION HE IS GONE. WHEN ASKED ABOUT MARIO SAID HE LOVES THE GUY HE WAS JUST INJURIED SO WATCH OUT IN 07. ALSO LOVE KUBES AND IS GUY YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR AND WONDERLIC IS STUPID. ALSO NEEDS TO WORK TO GET TO CHAMP BAILYS LEVEL AND MOST IMPORTANT TEXAS BBQ IS THE BEST.

You beat me to it.

I was SHOCKED that he would come right out and say that Carr hasn't performed and it would be better for him to go.

Wow.

Just wow.

Errant Hothy
02-28-2007, 09:35 AM

Watch the caps lock...rough on the eyes

Hope David's got some oxy-clean to get those bus tire treads off his back.

Spled
02-28-2007, 09:36 AM
McClain wasn't much better, saying the fans will never forgive Carr for not being Vince Young.

TexanSam
02-28-2007, 09:36 AM
He said that? Wow...isn't it an unwritten rule that you never throw a player under the bus regardless of his performance? Shame on Dunta. Tsk tsk tsk.

Mr. White
02-28-2007, 09:43 AM
He said that? Wow...isn't it an unwritten rule that you never throw a player under the bus regardless of his performance? Shame on Dunta. Tsk tsk tsk.

:stirpot: Just when I thought things couldn't be more boring.

I remember he came pretty close during the season. He just didn't call Carr out by name.

It'll be interesting to see what happens now. Usually guys that speak out against Carr don't find themselves on the team the following season.

We can't afford to lose D-Rob.

MightyTExan
02-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Dunta must know that Carr is gone. Why no interviews with Carr?

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Not that I'm calling any of you guys liars or anything, but I can't believe this... I can't imagine Dunta would say such a thing after just saying we need to draft AD, and not Quinn, or Russell. Makes no sense.

I also believe if he said this, he is now in the Dog House, and watch for him to have a rough, rough season.

TEXANS84
02-28-2007, 09:46 AM
You beat me to it.

I was SHOCKED that he would come right out and say that Carr hasn't performed and it would be better for him to go.

Wow.

Just wow.

Yep. That's a little too harsh.

But Dunta's starting to not shy away from the press, and now maybe his comments late in the season are now reflecting his feelings at this time.

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Well it must be ok if he is leaving. P.S sorry bout the caps do not send bills from your eye doc.

Spled
02-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Dunta is just the type if you ask him a question he will answer it honestly. He also said that Marvin Harrison was harder to cover than Dre.

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Cold pizza comes back on later watch it for youself

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 09:50 AM
I do not think D-ROB will have any trouble the D won those games last year so they have the right to vent.

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 09:54 AM
The QB is a hugh ? but I see Quinn like Carr so I would not draft him with the 8th spot they should do what they can to trade up to get AP. We get a running game then it might help the fill in QB till we get the one for the future.

bigTEXan8
02-28-2007, 09:59 AM
drob doesn't have a lot of room to talk. i saw his a** get burned multiple times last season. don't get me wrong, he can tackle and hit, and that's cute and all, but that didn't exactly help the texans win more than 6 games last year. when are players on the texans team going to learn that they all sucked, collectively?

real
02-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Not that I'm calling any of you guys liars or anything, but I can't believe this... I can't imagine Dunta would say such a thing after just saying we need to draft AD, and not Quinn, or Russell. Makes no sense.

I also believe if he said this, he is now in the Dog House, and watch for him to have a rough, rough season.

I don't fault Dunta for what he said first off...

And secondly, why does he have to want Quinn or Russel ? Maybe he wants a veteran ? Or maybe the team REALLY does have more faith in Sage....

The Pencil Neck
02-28-2007, 10:00 AM
And secondly, why does he have to want Quinn or Russel ? Maybe he wants a veteran ? Or maybe the team REALLY does have more faith in Sage....

He said that he wants the team to bring in a veteran.

Kaiser Toro
02-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Good for Dunta and the Texans.

real
02-28-2007, 10:05 AM
I guess the whole "Carr is a leader he just doesn't show it" non-sense is out the window...

Malloy
02-28-2007, 10:06 AM
He said that he wants the team to bring in a veteran.

Carr is a 5-year veteran :)

The Pencil Neck
02-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Carr is a 5-year veteran :)

:)

Yeah, but there's that whole "bring in" part.

real
02-28-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm excited....

I'm happy D-Rob is pushing the issue....

I would imagine he's not the only player who feels this way...

I find it really hard to imagine Carr being brought back as the QB of this team, especially after those comments....

Malloy
02-28-2007, 10:10 AM
:)

Yeah, but there's that whole "bring in" part.

damnit, I knew there was a flaw :)

Malloy
02-28-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm excited....

I'm happy D-Rob is pushing the issue....

I would imagine he's not the only player who feels this way...

I find it really hard to imagine Carr being brought back as the QB of this team, especially after those comments....

That or D-rob is on his way out...

I'm hoping for D-rob to be here come August :)

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Not as bad as our secondary is he knows he is gone Carr that is so he is safe.

Maddict5
02-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Dunta's an *****... im no carr fan and he does deserve criticism but what was the point in a team-mate saying that on some crappy tv show. what good will it achieve?? hes just causing trouble...

'need to work to get to the champ bailey' level??? PLLLLLLEEEEAAASSEE- some1 needs to give dunta a wake-up slap and show him some video of himself from last year.. he obvioulsy has an inflated notion of himself

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 10:21 AM
At lease he said he needs to work to get there so he knows that he is not that good yet.

real
02-28-2007, 10:23 AM
That or D-rob is on his way out...

I'm hoping for D-rob to be here come August :)

Even if D.Rob is out, I get the feeling he's not the only Texan that shares those thoughts...

Maddict5
At lease he said he needs to work to get there so he knows that he is not that good yet.

he obviously thinks he's near it though:pigfly:

TEXANS84
'need to work to get to the champ bailey' level??? PLLLLLLEEEEAAASSEE- some1 needs to give dunta a wake-up slap and show him some video of himself from last year.. he obvioulsy has an inflated notion of himself

How does that comment make him have a "inflated notion of himself"? He wants to be the best, and he said he wants to get to that level.

Would you rather have someone beat around the bush? Or someone that speaks the truth?

Roughnecks
As far as Carr goes you keep it in house for so long he did not out right dog DC just that he is not working out in Houston.

Texan_Bill
Watch out Dunta... 2 other guys (Sharper and Walker) made comments and/or criticisms about the team and "leadership", etc. (although they threw no one person by name, under the bus)... They were gone after that.

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 10:24 AM
he obviously thinks he's near it though:pigfly:

I did not see it that way atlease it did not come off that way to me.

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 10:25 AM
I don't fault Dunta for what he said first off...

true... true...

The way our defense played, the running game that we did have, and the talent we have at WR... I'd say we are ready to start winning.

A vet would make more sense... Nothing against Sage, but most teams would like to have veteran with starting experience on the roster.

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Watch out Dunta... 2 other guys (Sharper and Walker) made comments and/or criticisms about the team and "leadership", etc. (although they threw no one person by name, under the bus)... They were gone after that.

Both were old and he is their #1 CB so he will not be gone plus he seems like he wants to be a leader on the team since we do not have many.

real
02-28-2007, 10:27 AM
what good will it achieve??

It puts pressure on the F.O.

He's basically put it out there that there is some uneasiness from the team in general concerning David as the Texans starting QB....

The orginization can adress this three different ways...

1) ignore it. hope that the locker room doesn't become divided.

2) Ship Dunta out and make an example out of him as a lesson to anyone who shall dare oppose King Carr.

3) Trade Carr and put this madness behind us.

I applaud you Mr. Robinson.

Malloy
02-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Even if D.Rob is out, I get the feeling he's not the only Texan that shares those thoughts...

I agree completely. I know of a great many fans who share his thoughts too :)

Mr. White
02-28-2007, 10:35 AM
They're talking about it right now on 610.

Wonder who sent them the e-mail? :stirpot:

HOOK'EM
02-28-2007, 10:35 AM

Thats GREAT, I wish more of the players like Dre would stand up and say something.

Honoring Earl 34
02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Good for Dunta and the Texans.

I second the notion ... it's about time someone grabbed the wheel .

humbleone
02-28-2007, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=xtruroyaltyx;607524]It puts pressure on the F.O.

He's basically put it out there that there is some uneasiness from the team in general concerning David as the Texans starting QB....

2) Ship Dunta out and make an example out of him as a lesson to anyone who shall dare oppose King Carr.

There is a fourth option. Ship both Drob and DC out. You don't throw team mates under the bus...ever! Drob already needed to look into the mirror big time after his performance over the last couple of years. His regression/lack of improvement is comparable to Carr's over the last 2 years IMO. My respect for him has dropped to an all time low if did throw DC under the bus.

Mr. White
02-28-2007, 10:43 AM
They're talking about it right now on 610.

Wonder who sent them the e-mail? :stirpot:

Some of the stuff that they said....

John acted like he was surprised....Lance said he wasn't. He said that lots of other guys on the team feel the same way that D-Rob does....D-Rob's been getting more talkative with the media....They think that D-Rob's trying to make something happen since the FO is talking about keeping Carr now.

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Thats GREAT, I wish more of the players like Dre would stand up and say something.

That's the problem... Dre isn't going to say anything. We won't know how upset he is, till he goes to play for basically the same deal we'd offer, but on a winning team.

If we don't start winning, or at least show a real commitment to win, meaning putting the best QB we can find on the field, 'Dre is gone.... PERIOD.

real
02-28-2007, 10:44 AM
There is a fourth option. Ship both Drob and DC out. You don't throw team mates under the bus...ever! Drob already needed to look into the mirror big time after his performance over the last couple of years. His regression/lack of improvement is comparable to Carr's over the last 2 years IMO. My respect for him has dropped to an all time low if did throw DC under the bus.

Just be honest with yourself...

This has nothing to do with Dunta, and everything to do with David Carr....

If he'd have called out Chad Stanley for the poor job he did punting the ball, or Wiegert for missing blocks some of you wouldn't care, and some would even be singing songs of praise......But because he's calling out David, it hurts you deep in your love spot....

Honoring Earl 34
02-28-2007, 10:47 AM
That's the problem... Dre isn't going to say anything. We won't know how upset he is, till he goes to play for basically the same deal we'd offer, but on a winning team.

If we don't start winning, or at least show a real commitment to win, meaning putting the best QB we can find on the field, 'Dre is gone.... PERIOD.

I bet if Dunta gets in the dog house more players will speak up .

petedy
02-28-2007, 10:47 AM
How could Dunta throw Carr under the bus when Smith and Kubiak already has done that last month? This only confirms in my mind that Carr is gone and the whole team knows it. They were blowing smoke about David being the QB of the team. After the season ended they had no intention of bringing him back or why would David Carr be MIA? There has not been an interview with him for a long time.Well, maybe there has been death threats made on him and his family so keeping out of public sight is a safety issue. I wouldn't be surprised that a trade hasn't already been worked out.

Maddict5
02-28-2007, 10:51 AM
How does that comment make him have a "inflated notion of himself"? He wants to be the best, and he said he wants to get to that level.

Would you rather have someone beat around the bush? Or someone that speaks the truth?

it was more the carr quote in addition to the champ quote..to me it sounded like saying 'carr's not good enough but i am, i only have to improve a bit more to be the best' when really he was poor at times last season aswell....did any1 on the team come out and say he was crap after stinking it up in indy etc

also i want a player that acts in the best interest of the team. i dont see how dunta saying this, ON NATIONAL TV, is doing that..but of course dunta, along with dre and demeco, is 1 of the few who are above criticism from alot of people around here

It puts pressure on the F.O.

I applaud you Mr. Robinson.

he could have talked directly to Kubiak etc if he felt the team had given up on carr instead of throwing david under the bus on tv.... that would have been the manly thing to do instead of doing the weak, cowardly thing of announcing it in public etc

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
02-28-2007, 10:53 AM
I think we can all agree that Dunta Robinson isn't the only player on the Texans who feels the same way about David Carr. In fact I assume the majority of the team is of the same opinion.

Spled
02-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Carr's keeping out of sight because he's maintaining his class, not because he's hiding.

texans83
I bet we have a deal worked out with Miami since they released JH.

real
he could have talked directly to Kubiak etc if he felt the team had given up on carr instead of throwing david under the bus on tv.... that would have been the manly thing to do instead of doing the weak, cowardly thing of announcing it in public etc

Talking to Kubiak would not have produced the type of results he's hoping for.

Everyone is assuming Dunta still wants to be here....HA HA....

He's basically saying that if you want to turn this into the "Houston Carr's", then I'm at the point where I want to be out of here...

I'm sure he'd prefer to stay a Texan, but I understand completely where he's coming from.

And you're making a big assumption anyway...Just because he answered a question honestly on T.V doesn't mean he hasn't already gone to Kubiak or someone else within the orginization and announced his displeasure.

HOOK'EM
02-28-2007, 10:56 AM
I bet if Dunta gets in the dog house more players will speak up .

I would only hope so!

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Yea that was the Capers era that if you go aginst them your gone I do not see Kubes and company are not like that. McNair does listen to him and Smith so D-ROB has not done nothing wrong. I like Carr and hoped that he would turn it around he is young and there is alot of room to learn, the o-line has been bad but come on sometime you have to throw the team on your shoulders and say hey we are going to win no matter what and he has not done that. The only reseon I would keep him is if there is no one out there keep him and I have yet to see antbody that stands out please do not give me Plummer or Sage is going to be better I am sorry those guys are not going to get us to the playoffs. If they keep him for next year he will be on a really short leash.

The Pencil Neck
02-28-2007, 11:01 AM
it was more the carr quote in addition to the champ quote..to me it sounded like saying 'carr's not good enough but i am, i only have to improve a bit more to be the best' when really he was poor at times last season aswell....did any1 on the team come out and say he was crap after stinking it up in indy etc

I didn't hear it like that at all. I heard his Champ Bailey comments as being pretty humble for a CB and it wasn't what the interviewer expected at all. She was expecting him to say he was as good as Champ or something. And it's not like he came up with this comparison with Champ Bailey out of the blue, the interviewer asked the question and he answered that he's trying to work to get as good as Champ. I was good with that.

And although I agree with his opinion on Carr, I was just surprised that he'd come out and say it on national TV.

During the interview, he seemed like a good and sincere kid to me. Didn't seem like he was trying to be nasty or anything just like he was giving his honest opinion.

HOOK'EM
02-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Talking to Kubiak would not have produced the type of results he's hoping for.

Everyone is assuming Dunta still wants to be here....HA HA....

He's basically saying that if you want to turn this into the "Houston Carr's", then I'm at the point where I want to be out of here...

I'm sure he'd prefer to stay a Texan, but I understand completely where he's coming from.

And you're making a big assumption anyway...Just because he answered a question honestly on T.V doesn't mean he hasn't already gone to Kubiak or someone else within the orginization and announced his displeasure.

If we turn into the "Houston Carr's" D-Rob won't be the last star player wanting to get the hell out of Hou.! It's also going to be harder to bring in good free agents.

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Noone is above being bashed but Carr stands out because he is the QB and he makes more mistakes that stand out. Everyone needs work I would love nothing more than for Carr to return and show he is a stud and show everyone that they are wrong about him but if he comes back he would have to be lights out to make people change their mind about him.

humbleone
02-28-2007, 11:05 AM

If he'd have called out Chad Stanley for the poor job he did punting the ball, or Wiegert for missing blocks some of you wouldn't care, and some would even be singing songs of praise......But because he's calling out David, it hurts you deep in your love spot....

Wrong and all counts. First, who he called out has nothing to do with it. He is not the coach, the GM, the owner etc... therefore it is stupid, disrespectful to everyone in the organization and counterproductive for players to insert themselves into the domain of the FO.

Second, you are wrong about "the love spot" thing. If we are going to go that way on this, then why is it not true that you are so negative about Carr that you don't care if someone like Drob crosses a line that every player from middle school on knows about. I suggest we leave the motivations and psychology of those that post to professionals.

real
02-28-2007, 11:08 AM
os·tra·cize [os-truh-sahyz]

–verb (used with object), -cized, -ciz·ing.

1. to exclude, by general consent, from society, friendship, conversation, privileges, etc.: His friends ostracized him after his father's arrest.

2. to banish (a person) from his or her native country; expatriate.

3. (in ancient Greece) to banish (a citizen) temporarily by popular vote.

Mr. White
02-28-2007, 11:12 AM
you don't care if someone like Drob crosses a line that every player from middle school on knows about.

I don't disagree that everyone knows about "the line" here. But it does get crossed when things get bad enough.

Usually when it does, it's a team leader that crosses it. The one that comes to mind is Brett Favre weighing in about Javon Walker's contract a couple of years ago.

alphajoker
02-28-2007, 11:14 AM
After reading some of the posts, I wonder why every one is so surprised that Dunta would make a comment like that when it's already been expressed by Kubiak, Smith and the owner himself?

real
If we are going to go that way on this, then why is it not true that you are so negative about Carr that you don't care if someone like Drob crosses a line that every player from middle school on knows about.

Professional Sports is not the same as middle school, highschool...or college...

SamuraiSword
Some of the stuff that they said....

John acted like he was surprised....Lance said he wasn't. He said that lots of other guys on the team feel the same way that D-Rob does....D-Rob's been getting more talkative with the media....They think that D-Rob's trying to make something happen since the FO is talking about keeping Carr now.

Man if they trade DRob for this I will lose all respect for the front office. I say finally a team mate steping up to the plate and saying something about DC. yeah if they keep Carr fans and players (who are free agents after 2008) will be gone. They seem to only care about Carr and not the team the way i see it. They let go of Sharper for his comments, but look what happened to the defense after he left.

El Amigo Invisible
02-28-2007, 11:17 AM
McClain wasn't much better, saying the fans will never forgive Carr for not being Vince Young.

He is right about that . I like Mario but that was unacceptable.

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 11:22 AM
It's back on cold pizza if anybody wants to see it and judge for theirself.

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Wrong and all counts. First, who he called out has nothing to do with it. He is not the coach, the GM, the owner etc... therefore it is stupid, disrespectful to everyone in the organization and counterproductive for players to insert themselves into the domain of the FO.

I would have to agree with this. Although DRob didn't say anything that is not the truth, he should have kept it in the locker room.

Now what happens when or if Carr comes back? Now you have a situation and people will be forced to chose sides.

This is not going to create a winning enviroment that Kubes is looking for.

texans83
02-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Mclain dosent know what the hell is going on. He is so far up KK @$$ its not even funny. Plus the whole VY thing he is still in awww. I think he is just trying to become bf with them so he can become their pro suck @$$ and cash in on some of their money they are racking in. IMO

real
02-28-2007, 11:28 AM
I would have to agree with this. Although DRob didn't say anything that is not the truth, he should have kept it in the locker room.

Now what happens when or if Carr comes back? Now you have a situation and people will be forced to chose sides.

Another Carr supporter...

Who'd-a-thunk-it ?

texans83
02-28-2007, 11:31 AM
when did he say all of this today????

Roughnecks
02-28-2007, 11:33 AM
just now

texans83
02-28-2007, 11:33 AM
I would like to see it but im at work, hope someone utubes it

Texan_Bill
02-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Now you have a situation and people will be forced to chose sides.

SWEET!

Offense v. Defense

Buddy Ryan v. Kevin Gilbride II

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 11:34 AM

Who'd-a-thunk-it ?

I'm sorry, maybe you should re-read that statement. I said DRob didn't say anything that wasn't the truth.

I stated that he picked the wrong time and place to make those statements and the reprocusions of them in the locker room.

Maybe you should take the blind hatred hater glasses off for a sec and read the whole post before you make a statement like that.

02-28-2007, 11:35 AM
he said carr leaving would be better for him and the team, basically :stirpot:

TexansLucky13
02-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Dunta didn't exactly do anything spectacular last season either. He is in no position to throw anyone under the bus. Dunta was as unreliable as Carr was.

real
02-28-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm sorry, maybe you should re-read that statement. I said DRob didn't say anything that wasn't the truth.

I stated that he picked the wrong time and place to make those statements and the reprocusions of them in the locker room.

Maybe you should take the blind hatred hater glasses off for a sec and read the whole post before you make a statement like that.

Are you not a Carr supporter ?

Maybe you should just admit what you are and be proud of it. Now's not the time to walk away from your boy. Especially when he needs you most.

Chance_C
02-28-2007, 11:38 AM
I didn't hear it like that at all. I heard his Champ Bailey comments as being pretty humble for a CB and it wasn't what the interviewer expected at all. She was expecting him to say he was as good as Champ or something. And it's not like he came up with this comparison with Champ Bailey out of the blue, the interviewer asked the question and he answered that he's trying to work to get as good as Champ. I was good with that.

And although I agree with his opinion on Carr, I was just surprised that he'd come out and say it on national TV.

During the interview, he seemed like a good and sincere kid to me. Didn't seem like he was trying to be nasty or anything just like he was giving his honest opinion

Exactly the way I saw it also.

El Amigo Invisible
02-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Dunta didn't exactly do anything spectacular last season either. He is in no position to throw anyone under the bus. Dunta was as unreliable as Carr was.

Agreed!

texans83
02-28-2007, 11:40 AM
this is america we are intittled to our opinion. right? he just spoke his mind. Byt I still dont think it was apropriate on national tv.

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 11:41 AM

Maybe you should just admit what you are and be proud of it. Now's not the time to walk away from your boy. Especially when he needs you most.

Actualy at this point, as I have out lined in previous posts, I am neither a supporter or hater. I want our team to win and clearly Carr has been unable to get the job done even when a new coach and a new system was brought in.

You still haven't answered the other question of how did you get me being supportive of Carr when I agreed with DRob.

You haters are relentless.

jaayteetx
02-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Maybe if the offense would have put up some more points, D Rob and the defense wouldn't have been so wore out and looking bad at times.

real
02-28-2007, 11:42 AM
this is america we are intitled to our opinion. right? he just spoke his mind

I agree.

He said it. It's over. Now pick your side...ha

leachmtb
02-28-2007, 11:42 AM

Who'd-a-thunk-it ?

That is awfully unfair and one-sided of you to assume that anyone who thinks Dunta shouldn't have come out publicly with it is a Carr supporter and therefore doesn't have the "Teams best interest" at heart. You get on everyone else for making assumptions on this board, but I haven't seen you apologize for the assumptions that you make as well.

I don't disagree with what Dunta said, I simply disagree with him saying it. Even if he knows that Carr is out of here, he should at least help out Smith and Kubiak in their attempts to raise Carr's value. By coming out publicly it drops Carr's trade value a little bit. People will be less likely to believe that the Texans will actually keep Carr, and will therefore offer less in a trade.

I am glad that he answers questions honestly, but he could have answered this question honestly without saying that he wants Carr out. He simply could have said that Carr did not get the job done last year. I don't think Dunta was being malicious, but he wasn't using good discernment.

If me stating that somehow makes me a Carr supporter in your mind, then somehow or another your Carr hatred and hatred for everything Carr supporting has blinded you to the middle ground of fans who simply think that Carr is not cutting it, and they should figure out a good way to either trade him or find a viable replacement. But if you don't think that it is best to take Carr out in to the street, hit him with a bat, and then kick him off the team, then you are just "another one of those dumb Carr supporters." (obviously that was hyperbole)

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 11:44 AM
I agree.

I am picking a side, I pick the "Houston Texans".

texans83
I am picking a side, I pick the "Houston Texans".

hey me too!!!! now everyone come on over. the water is fine!!!!!

Texan_Bill
Maybe if the offense would have put up some more points, D Rob and the defense wouldn't have been so wore out and looking bad at times.

They looked really wore out in the very first two series against the Bills

real
02-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Actualy at this point, as I have out lined in previous posts, I am neither a supporter or hater. I want our team to win and clearly Carr has been unable to get the job done even when a new coach and a new system was brought in.

You still haven't answered the other question of how did you get me being supportive of Carr when I agreed with DRob.

You haters are relentless.

I am settled with what I have and content in seeing what Carr can do with Kubes year two.

Maybe....Just maybe....it has a little to do with your post history...

I don't care how many times you've double talked yourself, and "claimed" to be a fence rider...It's time you come out the closet and just admit that you want Carr to be the starting QB in 07.... All you're doing is double talking yourself...One second you say you're "on the fence"...The next thing, you're giving ringing endorsements....It's nothing wrong with having and opinion....Just stop "riding the fence".....

real
02-28-2007, 11:49 AM
That is awfully unfair and one-sided of you to assume that anyone who thinks Dunta shouldn't have come out publicly with it is a Carr supporter and therefore doesn't have the "Teams best interest" at heart.

I stopped reading right here because you started off with a HUGE assumption...

TKyss called out DRob too, and I never once accused him of being supportive of Carr...So the word "anyone" is inaccurate...

leachmtb
02-28-2007, 11:53 AM

TKyss called out DRob too, and I never once accused him of being supportive of Carr...So the word "anyone" is inaccurate...

You're right. But, where as right now I am admitting that "anyone" is inaccurate. You will not admit that you make assumptions nonetheless.

mexican_texan
02-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Carr gets special treatment. No surprise the players threw him under the bus.

real
02-28-2007, 11:57 AM
You're right. But, where as right now I am admitting that "anyone" is inaccurate. You will not admit that you make assumptions nonetheless.

Yes...

I assumed all Carr supporters would have a problem with what D.Rob Said...

Sue Me...

leachmtb
02-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Yes...

Sue Me...

I have no interest in rubbing it in your face. I just was upset because whenever I post something you always get on me for my assumptions. So, I just wanted for you to realize that you make assumptions too.

I mean no mal-intent. I just want for us all to actually treat each other as Texan fans rather than allow DC to divide the fans so easily.

I actually agree with you. I think that Dunta probably had what you said earlier as his intentions. I just wish that he would think a little bit more. That's all. Sorry if you think I'm a jack*****.

real
02-28-2007, 12:04 PM
I have no interest in rubbing it in your face. I just was upset because whenever I post something you always get on me for my assumptions. So, I just wanted for you to realize that you make assumptions too.

I mean no mal-intent. I just want for us all to actually treat each other as Texan fans rather than allow DC to divide the fans so easily.

I actually agree with you. I think that Dunta probably had what you said earlier as his intentions. I just wish that he would think a little bit more. That's all. Sorry if you think I'm a jack*****.

No i don't think you're a jackass....

It's nothing more than human nature at work....If someone says saomething negative about a person you like, you tend to turn on said person....

I pretty much just stated the obvious....

I just called out a couple people who I felt were upset with D-Rob calling out Carr simply because he was Carr...

I could be wrong about that too though, but who cares...

This is all just good fun.....

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 12:04 PM

So if they talk about this in the locker room everything is good. If they talk about it in the media, it's bad.

If they keep it in the locker room, they're one big happy family. If they bring it to the media, they have to choose sides.

I would think they would have to choose sides regardless where it is brought up. The only bad thing I see about this, is that Kubiak will have to adress it again & again & again, & he'll end up looking weak if he keeps David, and stupid if he sides with Dunta.

I say stupid, because you don't let fans tell you who to start at QB, and you damn sure don't let the CB tell you who to start/not start at QB.

But, I don't have a problem with a player like Dunta coming out & saying what he's said. You know he's been unhappy, you know he's been wanting to say something... We have to assume, that he's talked his talk in the locker room, and he's had enough, this is the next step. Either that, or for no reason ask to be traded.

& if he just asked to be traded without telling the Media what he's upset about, we'd be saying it's because of David, and you'd be saying no it isn't, and we'd do that dance for a couple of months.

At least now, I can say... Dunta Robinson(one of the young leaders mentioned on my season ticket renewel letter) is not pleased with our "veteran" QB, and believes the team would be better off without him.

So There.

real
02-28-2007, 12:13 PM
So if they talk about this in the locker room everything is good. If they talk about it in the media, it's bad.

Another dead giveaway of TEXANRED's true intent....

Like because he said it on TV it makes it "more real" and if he had kept it in house the problem would have been "less real"....

I think he wants to change Dunta's mind.

run-david-run
02-28-2007, 12:14 PM
They looked really wore out in the very first two series against the Bills

Lol. Umm, how was Dunta involved in that exactly?

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 12:17 PM

I don't care how many times you've double talked yourself, and "claimed" to be a fence rider...It's time you come out the closet and just admit that you want Carr to be the starting QB in 07.... All you're doing is double talking yourself...One second you say you're "on the fence"...The next thing, you're giving ringing endorsements....It's nothing wrong with having and opinion....Just stop "riding the fence".....

Oh look at you, thats cute. Why don't you post a link so everyone can read what that was in reguards to. I know you know how b/c you have put links to others threads many times in the past.

I am against using a high first round pick on a sub par draft class and how I would much rather use our picks we have to strenghten our lines to set us up for future success. I also didn't see the point in spending more money on FA's that are not any better than Carr.

This isnt the no spin zone. No cut and paste.

real
02-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Oh look at you, thats cute. Why don't you post a link so everyone can read what that was in reguards to. I know you know how b/c you have put links to others threads many times in the past.

I am against using a high first round pick on a sub par draft class and how I would much rather use our picks we have to strenghten our lines to set us up for future success. I also didn't see the point in spending more money on FA's that are not any better than Carr.

This isnt the no spin zone. No cut and paste.

All you have to do is click on the little blue arrow looking thingy on the ride side of your name inside the quote box...

Still doesn't change the fact that you double talked yourself....

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 12:26 PM

I would think they would have to choose sides regardless where it is brought up. The only bad thing I see about this, is that Kubiak will have to adress it again & again & again, & he'll end up looking weak if he keeps David.

Correct.

I would think the second statement would be a pretty huge problem.

Making change for sake of change is not a good thing.

There is no one of value in either the draft or FA that is worth picks or cash that would restrict our signing of quality FA's in the future.

Another dead giveaway of TEXANRED's true intent....

Like because he said it on TV it makes it "more real" and if he had kept it in house the problem would have been "less real"....

I think he wants to change Dunta's mind.

I think TKyss answered the question for you.

HATER-AID!

Nawzer
02-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Wow..This is turning out to be like a WWE soap opera. Back stabbing, double back stabbing, rumors about Carr staying or going, etc. And it's not even March yet!!! We're in for an entertaining offseason atleast.

Tyr
02-28-2007, 12:33 PM
I can't believe everyone has gotten this all wrong. Doesn't everyone see that D-Rob fully supports Carr as our starting QB next year?

Think about it, all of these trade rumors and the FO trying to raise his trade value. The only way that some of the players can take care of Carr and get him back is by lowering his trade value, thus throwing him under the bus.

D-Rob supports Carr!

:sarcasm: <-- Better throw that out there, too many emotional peeps.

real
02-28-2007, 12:33 PM
HATER-AID!

If the shoe fits, I'll wear it...Im not afraid to say I want David gone...

It is you who seems to have a problem admitting you want him to stay...

And I guess because TKyss said it...... it ABSOLUTELY MUST be true...

Maddict5
02-28-2007, 12:36 PM

Who'd-a-thunk-it ?

I agree.

Yes...

Sue Me...

http://bb.nsmb.com/customavatars/avatar20017_3.gif

real
02-28-2007, 12:39 PM
http://bb.nsmb.com/customavatars/avatar20017_3.gif

ha...

Hulk75
02-28-2007, 12:45 PM
First off let me say it shows what kind of guy Dunta Robinson really is. If you dont like him or have a problem with him see him in the locker room get your gloves on and MAN up. Dont be a girl and shoot your mouth off like you did something last year and have the right. I am sure there are many times David would have loved to say something about your solid play Dunta. Me personally would beat the dog out of you. Do you think he is some kind of punching bag and you dont think he will do our say anything about it? You have lost your absolute mind son.

Class act Dunta I would be glad to have you as a teammate, especially with your league leading 2 ints last year(?), great job and a stand up guy. My favorite part of your game is when you have a BAD game and after words you go and jump in the stands and suck up to the fans like you did something in the Colts games, do you think some of us are blind, have a good game and then do it, I would respect that more then kissing but with the fans.

I wish nothing but the best to you Dunta, I forgive you and pray for you and hope nothing but the best. What goes around comes around.
God Bless and good luck in your career.

"He who has not sinned cast the first stone"

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 12:45 PM
If the shoe fits, I'll wear it...Im not afraid to say I want David gone...

It is you who seems to have a problem admitting you want him to stay...

This is how I see things at the present moment.

I look at the draft and see the top two QB's. I see the best QB in the draft show up to the NFL Combine fat and out of shape, I then look to see the second best QB in the draft to be a Domer hack that in unable to win big games but put up big numbers against lesser teams.

I then look at FA, I see Kitna, Garcia, Harrington, Aaron Brooks, even Shuan King is back out on the open market. Plummer? No, not if he costs draft picks.

So the way I see it the up and comers are wanna-be's and the FA's on the markets are older wanna-be's.

So where is the upgrade?

If you are going to draft a QB in the future why not set the team up for success first, much like the Steelers did for Big Ben. Big Ben is the prime example of what happens when you set up your team. But you probably havent read all the way through this post and have probably turned this into some sort of "you support Carr" post by now.

2BCF
02-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Gotta give D-Rob credit for telling it like it is!
Carr:baby: has been coddled for far too long, but the future looks brighter w/o him.
Go Texans!
:fans:

real
02-28-2007, 12:49 PM
This is how I see things at the present moment.

I look at the draft and see the top two QB's. I see the best QB in the draft show up to the NFL Combine fat and out of shape, I then look to see the second best QB in the draft to be a Domer hack that in unable to win big games but put up big numbers against lesser teams.

I then look at FA, I see Kitna, Garcia, Harrington, Aaron Brooks, even Shuan King is back out on the open market. Plummer? No, not if he costs draft picks.

So the way I see it the up and comers are wanna-be's and the FA's on the markets are older wanna-be's.

So where is the upgrade?

If you are going to draft a QB in the future why not set the team up for success first, much like the Steelers did for Big Ben. Big Ben is the prime example of what happens when you set up your team. But you probably havent read all the way through this post and have probably turned this into some sort of "you support Carr" post by now.

Personally I think the point is moot.

I think David is as good as gone.

Arky
02-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Lol. Umm, how was Dunta involved in that exactly?

I think it was from chasing Lee Evans 83 yards twice... ;)

The Pencil Neck
02-28-2007, 12:58 PM
I think it was from chasing Lee Evans 83 yards twice... ;)

All the way from the other side of the field, right?

And was that on Petey or was that a coverage screwup by one of the safeties?

TexanSam
02-28-2007, 12:59 PM
While I agree with Robinson's stance that Carr should be gone, I don't like the fact that he went on national TV to say it. Kubiak was in the locker room the entire season. If a majority of the team feels that Carr shouldn't be the guy anymore, he would have felt it, but you aren't going to hear Kubes go on national TV saying "Carr should be gone". I don't care if you are the best player or the worst player on the team, you should never, ever, throw a player under the bus. I'm sure it was all Carr's fault when we gave up about 1 billion points those first four games though right? The secondary had nothing to do with it.

Lucky
02-28-2007, 01:01 PM
First off let me say it shows what kind of guy Dunta Robinson really is. If you dont like him or have a problem with him see him in the locker room get your gloves on and MAN up.
Has David seen this, yet?

2BCF
02-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Actually, I think we need more players like D-Rob that speak the obvious truth.
There has to be some accountability at some point.

HJam72
02-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Any chance that D-Mouth's comments have hurt what little trade value Carr had?

I'm sure that a lot of you are real happy about this, because you're so tired of Carr, but this kind of ignorant mouthing off on television doesn't help a team who is stuck with Carr, a bad draft for QBs, and not much out there in free agency.

And it's not brave, couragious, cojones, etc; it's ignorant and conceited (it's not cowardly either--let's get it right). Brave would've been having that conversation with Kubiak, Smith, McNair, etc., not the media.

I understand that Robinson is frustrated, but he just made things worse. Maybe he wants out, and he's trying to get cut--honestly, maybe he does.

Arky
02-28-2007, 01:09 PM

Jeez, it was a joke! Analysis not needed. Lighten up, people!

Lucky
02-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Any chance that D-Mouth's comments have hurt what little trade value Carr had?
No. Carr either has value, or he doesn't. Nothing Dunta can say will change that.

Maddict5
02-28-2007, 01:15 PM
No. Carr either has value, or he doesn't. Nothing Dunta can say will change that.

but if a team knows Carr is causing trouble in the locker room (so to speak) they know we'll have to cut him thereby reducing his trade value

real
02-28-2007, 01:17 PM
but if a team knows Carr is causing trouble in the locker room (so to speak) they know we'll have to cut him thereby reducing his trade value

Carr has never caused problems, why would they assume he is now because someone else said something ?

2BCF
02-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Carr has never caused problems, why would they assume he is now because someone else said something ?

Not in the locker room...just on the field.:bubble:

Second Honeymoon
02-28-2007, 01:28 PM
DUNTA IS MY HERO

finally some steps up and calls Carr out as the useless pile of garbage that he is.

i am sure that Dunta is speaking for the locker room or at least the ones who arent morons.

whatever, get the hell out of here Carr...you suck...you always have sucked.

dont let door hit you in your candy arse

Maddict5
02-28-2007, 01:30 PM

You know what i mean- other players being unhappy about him being the starting qb doesnt weaken his trade value

Double Barrel
02-28-2007, 01:33 PM
D.Rob cares about this team and it's future. His words originate from that perspective.

With regards to speaking on national tv and if it's "right" or "wrong", that is up to the individual viewer.

Personally, because we are presently a suck team, I don't have a problem with it. If we were a playoff caliber team, obviously it would have more implications. But we suck, have always sucked, and he's probably tired of playing for a team that just plain sucks.

Speaking your mind is part of being a leader, and lord knows, this team needs leaders. It's not always the most popular thing to do, but obviously D.Rob feels this is an important enough of an issue to put his neck on the line. Love it or hate it, you've got to respect the fact he's putting it out there (and probably representing the opinion of many Texans players, too).

HJam72
Well, we move them around everywhere else anyway...

OK, which O-lineman wants to play QB?

McKinney? OK, you do it. Serves ya right anyway.

The Pencil Neck
Jeez, it was a joke! Analysis not needed. Lighten up, people!

Well, except that it wasn't an appropriate joke. You were placing the blame for both of those Lee Evans TD's on Dunta. At least that's what it sounded like. Just because something's a joke that doesn't mean it gets a pass on accuracy.

Second Honeymoon
02-28-2007, 01:35 PM
You know what i mean- other players being unhappy about him being the starting qb doesnt weaken his trade value

what trade value? the dude is a scrub and he is paid like a franchise QB. no one will touch him with a 10-foot pole.

McNair's cabana boy is about to get run out of town and I am ecstatic about it. Even McNair knows that he has to cut his losses and get rid of the bum.

to all Carr supporters, I don't know what you ever have saw in the guy but it doesnt matter anymore. he is garbage and the garbage is about to be taken out.

THANK GOD

Maddict5
02-28-2007, 01:48 PM
D.Rob cares about this team and it's future. His words originate from that perspective.

With regards to speaking on national tv and if it's "right" or "wrong", that is up to the individual viewer.

Personally, because we are presently a suck team, I don't have a problem with it. If we were a playoff caliber team, obviously it would have more implications. But we suck, have always sucked, and he's probably tired of playing for a team that just plain sucks.

Speaking your mind is part of being a leader, and lord knows, this team needs leaders. It's not always the most popular thing to do, but obviously D.Rob feels this is an important enough of an issue to put his neck on the line. Love it or hate it, you've got to respect the fact he's putting it out there (and probably representing the opinion of many Texans players, too).

but its not like kubiak etc have come out and said 'david is great' or anything-they've tried to improve the qb position. the best thing for this team would've been for D-rob to say some PC answer... because it doesnt kill DC's trade value/ and if the decision-makers decide we cant do better than DC and he has to stay- it doesnt kill DC's confidence and causes trouble in the team

i realise dunta is frustrated but sometimes being a leader/ strong person is about keeping your cool for the best interests of the team

notanexpert
02-28-2007, 02:03 PM
This is bad on so many levels that there is no way it can work out well for the Texans. Do you think the next QB won't be looking over his shoulder wondering when DROB is going to call him out? What about CC Brown, or what if DROB decides Petey is not up to snuff and decides to voice his opinion about the need for a CB in either FA or the draft because Petey is really a nickle back.
There can be a lot of finger pointing once someone starts it. We may all agree with it now, but in organization once it starts it is pretty difficult to stop.

NFLforher
02-28-2007, 02:12 PM

Lol...

How is this "riding the fence?"

I am settled with what I have and content in seeing what Carr can do with Kubes year two.

NFLforher
02-28-2007, 02:14 PM
This is bad on so many levels that there is no way it can work out well for the Texans. Do you think the next QB won't be looking over his shoulder wondering when DROB is going to call him out? What about CC Brown, or what if DROB decides Petey is not up to snuff and decides to voice his opinion about the need for a CB in either FA or the draft because Petey is really a nickle back.
There can be a lot of finger pointing once someone starts it. We may all agree with it now, but in organization once it starts it is pretty difficult to stop.

If David is with the team, this is going to be bad in more ways than one.

Perhaps D-rob knows he is gone?

real
02-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Lol...

How is this "riding the fence?"

Maybe you should ask the poster who actually used the words "riding the fence"...

Notice the quotation marks...

That means he said that about himself....

IMO, it should be called wishy-washy.

2BCF
02-28-2007, 02:26 PM
....Do you think the next QB won't be looking over his shoulder wondering when DROB is going to call him out?

Jeez..I sure hope we pass on any potential QB that would worry about stuff like this.

Spled
02-28-2007, 02:33 PM
It reminds me of when Dre Bly threw Harrington under the bus.

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Correct.

Making change for sake of change is not a good thing.

I don't think you're understanding that changing David as the starting QB, regardless of who you replace him with is not changing for the sake of change.

David Carr is not ready to be a starter in the NFL, and hasn't been in at least 3 years.

There is no one of value in either the draft or FA that is worth picks or cash that would restrict our signing of quality FA's in the future.

who said anything about draft or FA?? just let him go...

I think TKyss answered the question for you.

HATER-AID!

NO, I said I don't understand what you were saying. You said Dunta should have kept it in the locker room so there wouldn't be any division amoung our team.

I'm saying it don't matter where he said what he said, there is division.

hollywood_texan
02-28-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't see what the big deal is...

This Texans are still search for an identity and a winning record.

I would say, if the Texans were a playoff team and on the cusp of making a big move in the win column, Dunta should just keep his mouth shut.

However, look around see what towing the company line gets you. It didn't work for Capers, and so and so forth.

I really don't see what Dunta has to lose from saying this.

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 02:55 PM

That was on the Safeties...... Richard Smith has already said the Safeties weren't supposed to be in coverage on that side.

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Maybe you should ask the poster who actually used the words "riding the fence"...

Notice the quotation marks...

That means he said that about himself....

IMO, it should be called wishy-washy.

Are you starting with me again? I got all day too.

Its not being wishy washy, it means that I would rather not spend a draft pick or FA money on a sub par QB. It means that we have other pressing needs that rate higher than a QB. It means that at this point in our franchise I don't see a Drew Brees stepping in and taking us to a conference championship. It means like it or not drafting Linemen or getting them through the draft should be a high priority. It means that I feel our D will cost us more games than Carr if we don't do something to shore up our secondary and linebacking core.

I don't blindly hate someone so much that I could convince myself that Jake Plummer is an upgrade.

who said anything about draft or FA?? just let him go...
You still have to replace him which means spending even more money plus Carrs cap hit. Unless your O.K. going into the season with Sage and Bradly Van Pelt.

HuttoKarl
02-28-2007, 02:59 PM

Its not being wishy washy, it means that I would rather not spend a draft pick or FA money on a sub par QB. It means that we have other pressing needs that rate higher than a QB. It means that at this point in our franchise I don't see a Drew Brees stepping in and taking us to a conference championship. It means like it or not drafting Linemen or getting them through the draft should be a high priority. It means that I feel our D will cost us more games than Carr if we don't do something to shore up our secondary and linebacking core.

I don't blindly hate someone so much that I could convince myself that Jake Plummer is an upgrade.

I agree...why spend more money on a QB who's not going to get the job done when we already have one. Surround Carr with the best talent we can and improve in baby steps. It's going to take awhile to undamage this team.

real
02-28-2007, 02:59 PM

You still have to replace him which means spending even more money plus Carrs cap hit. Unless your O.K. going into the season with Sage and Bradly Van Pelt.

Your logic makes me cringe....

It's like you recognize that Carr is bad yet you still want him to start :confused:

Why would you start a QB you know isn't good instead of beggining the search progress ?

Do you want to see the Texans win ? ?

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 03:00 PM

Jake Plummer... We all think he is going to be cut, or retire when this year is over.

Trade value is there, because Minnesota, Miami, & Oakland may want him, and may want him to start.

As long as the buyers are out there, there will be value.

Nobody is going to trade for David to start. He's going to be training camp competition.

Jake is a proven starter, David is still a lot of Potential.

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Your logic makes me cringe....

It's like you recognize that Carr is bad yet you still want him to start :confused:

Why would you start a QB you know isn't good instead of beggining the search progress ?

Do you want to see the Texans win ? ?

Who would you like to start for the Texans next year? Lets see where your logic is.

real
02-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Who would you like to start for the Texans next year? Lets see where your logic is.

You could start for all I care....

It's just time we parted ways with David...He's holding us back as a franchise....

SamuraiSword
02-28-2007, 03:17 PM

Sage Rosenfels

oh wait people think a backup QB is always a backup QB. Hmmmmm so we draft another QB to be a backup then a starter one day... You see in a corporate world you start from the ground up and work you way to the top. You basically learning. I say give Rosenfels a shot.

HuttoKarl
02-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Plummer's a proven starter...until he gets benched for the rookie for tossing a bazillion picks.

HuttoKarl
02-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Sage Rosenfels

oh wait people think a backup QB is always a backup QB. Hmmmmm so we draft another QB to be a backup then a starter one day... You see in a corporate world you start from the ground up and work you way to the top. You basically learning. I say give Rosenfels a shot.

It's scary to think that so many people are basing their will to see Sage as our starter off of one quarter of one game this season. He also threw an INT in that game which ultimately was the difference. He was bad in Washington. He was bad in Miami. There's no reason to think he's the guy to make our team improve.

Vinny
02-28-2007, 03:27 PM
This is bad on so many levels that there is no way it can work out well for the Texans. Do you think the next QB won't be looking over his shoulder wondering when DROB is going to call him out? hmmmm, possibly...well, after half a decade of mediocre starts and 9 goose egg TD days last year...someone says they don't think Carr can lead the team? I hope the new QB doesn't put himself in this position also. Dunta only said what everyone else is thinking and he isn't spewing more of the old Emperor's New Clothing spin. Pretty funny that Carr's brother wants to whip his butt, the Carr-lovers want to run Dunta out of town, and de Nile isn't just a river in Egypt.

Honoring Earl 34
02-28-2007, 03:33 PM
hmmmm, possibly...well, after half a decade of mediocre starts and 9 goose egg TD days last year...someone says they don't think Carr can lead the team? I hope the new QB doesn't put himself in this position also. Dunta only said what everyone else is thinking and he isn't spewing more of the old Emperor's New Clothing spin. Pretty funny that Carr's brother wants to whip his butt, the Carr-lovers want to run Dunta out of town, and de Nile isn't just a river in Egypt.

I bet Dunta could hold his own against Old Hulk .

tsip
02-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Where's the Hulk at?

santo
02-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Pretty funny that Carr's brother wants to whip his butt, the Carr-lovers want to run Dunta out of town, and de Nile isn't just a river in Egypt.

:rofl:

texans83
02-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Where's the Hulk at?

he might know something that we dont, so he dosent want to show himself on here.

Mr. White
02-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Where's the Hulk at?

he might know something that we dont, so he dosent want to show himself on here.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showpost.php?p=607735&postcount=109

Just trying to prevent any more talk about a given poster's opinion.

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 03:44 PM
You could start for all I care....

It's just time we parted ways with David...He's holding us back as a franchise....

So your blind Hatred would have us cut or trade Carr and then stick anybody who could walk upright play QB next season?

I would have to say your logic makes me cringe as well.

real
02-28-2007, 03:55 PM
So your blind Hatred would have us cut or trade Carr and then stick anybody who could walk upright play QB next season?

I would have to say your logic makes me cringe as well.

Don't worry about it man...

Carr won't be here next year so there is no need to even stress about all this....

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 03:58 PM

Tell me what are your concerns with going into the Season starting Sage?? Do you think he can't throw the ball?? Do you think he has trouble understanding the offense?? Do you think he'll have trouble reading defenses??

If Sage is our starting QB, I doubt Kubiak will be talking about how he needs to get consistent with his drops, and working on his footwork in week 7. If we face a good pass rushing team, I bet we'll be able to move him into the shotgun to help the offensive line. I bet we'll run 2 minute drills as early as week 1.

In my honest opinion, if we draft Brady Quinn, I believe he'll be as ready, if not more ready to start for the Houston Texans than David Carr.

But that's just me.

real
02-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Tell me what are your concerns with going into the Season starting Sage?? Do you think he can't throw the ball?? Do you think he has trouble understanding the offense?? Do you think he'll have trouble reading defenses??

If Sage is our starting QB, I doubt Kubiak will be talking about how he needs to get consistent with his drops, and working on his footwork in week 7. If we face a good pass rushing team, I bet we'll be able to move him into the shotgun to help the offensive line. I bet we'll run 2 minute drills as early as week 1.

In my honest opinion, if we draft Brady Quinn, I believe he'll be as ready, if not more ready to start for the Houston Texans than David Carr.

But that's just me.

Quoted for "ummph!"

real
02-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Carr called out twice on the same day....

Wow....

The Pencil Neck
Where's the Hulk at?

He made a post about it. He wasn't particularly pleased.

Honoring Earl 34
First off let me say it shows what kind of guy Dunta Robinson really is. If you dont like him or have a problem with him see him in the locker room get your gloves on and MAN up. Dont be a girl and shoot your mouth off like you did something last year and have the right. I am sure there are many times David would have loved to say something about your solid play Dunta. Me personally would beat the piss out of you. Do you think he is some kind of punching bag and you dont think he will do our say anything about it? You have lost your absolute mind son.

Class act Dunta I would be glad to have you as a teammate, especially with your league leading 2 ints last year(?), great job and a stand up guy. My favorite part of your game is when you have a BAD game and after words you go and jump in the stands and suck up to the fans like you did something in the Colts games, do you think some of us are blind, have a good game and then do it, I would respect that more then kissing but with the fans.

I wish nothing but the best to you Dunta, I forgive you and pray for you and hope nothing but the best. What goes around comes around.

Hulk and David vs Dunta and ? to see who stays in Houston .

I vote for Maddux to be Dunta's partner because he wants a job .

Let's beat the hell out of each other and God bless .

GuerillaBlack
02-28-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm glad D-Rob said this.

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Sage Rosenfels

What I think is funny, they talk about how bad Bret Farve & Steve Young were as backups, and how their careers flourished when they went to another team, when they try to defend David. Irony.... no??

Pretty funny that Carr's brother wants to whip his butt, the Carr-lovers want to run Dunta out of town, and de Nile isn't just a river in Egypt.

Whip his butt, but save his soul.... :winky:

real
02-28-2007, 04:11 PM
I guess Hulk is going to have to take on Eric Moulds too, because he called out Carr on the radio today as well...

TexanAddict
02-28-2007, 04:12 PM
I guess Hulk is going to have to take on Eric Moulds too, because he called out Carr on the radio today as well...

What exactly was said?

Double Barrel
02-28-2007, 04:13 PM
D.Rob just doesn't have the 'inside sources' with the team's FO to understand that we're in the process of acquiring a Pro Bowl offensive line, a consistent running game, 2-3 more offensive playmakers (beyond AJ), and a dominant defense to help Carr out. Our QB can win after we put these pieces together. Poor Dunta. He just doesn't know all of this, as he's probably spending all his time working out a lot to be another Champ.

texasguy346
02-28-2007, 04:18 PM
There has to be something to this for Dunta & now Moulds to both throw Carr under the bus. Perhaps the players know with some certainty that David's days in Houston are over. It'll be interesting to see what develops over the next couple of weeks.

real
02-28-2007, 04:18 PM
What exactly was said?

Basically the SAME EXACT thing that many posters on the message board have been saying...

He acknowledged the fact that the O-line wasn't healthy and didn't block as well as they could have, but he basically said David needs to be a better leader, and he needs to recognize that he is supposed to make plays even if everything else isn't exactly right. He said that no matter where David goes he will have the same problems if he doesn't understand this. He also said that No QB in the leauge has perfect everything at every position.

Pretty much makes all those who opposed this line of thinking, now that Eric Moulds came out and said it, seem....well....Foolish....

TexanAddict
02-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Basically the SAME EXACT thing that many posters on the message board have been saying...

He acknowledged the fact that the O-line wasn't healthy and didn't block as well as they could have, but he basically said David needs to be a better leader, and he needs to recognize that he is supposed to make plays even if everything else isn't exactly right. He said that no matter where David goes he will have the same problems if he doesn't understand this. He also said that No QB in the leauge has perfect everything at every position.

Pretty much makes all those who opposed this line of thinking, now that Eric Moulds came out and said it, seem....well....Foolish....

Thanks for the info. I'm really starting to worry about this damaging Carr's trade value. I was thinking we might be able to squeeze a 3rd out of somebody, but now that is looking doubtful.

Vinny
02-28-2007, 04:23 PM
I guess Hulk is going to have to take on Eric Moulds too, because he called out Carr on the radio today as well...I heard it too. He said that Carr needed to start taking some responsibility for his poor play no matter where he ends up. I think the old Comrade spin era may be over...thankfully. All this doublespeak over the years is killing me.

real
02-28-2007, 04:25 PM
I heard it too. He said that Carr needed to start taking some responsibility for his poor play no matter where he ends up. I think the old Comrade spin era may be over...thankfully. All this doublespeak over the years is killing me.

Amen.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
02-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Hulk vs Dunta in a Hell in a Cell match?

Put me down for 50 on Dunta. :ok:

hollywood_texan
02-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I heard it too. He said that Carr needed to start taking some responsibility for his poor play no matter where he ends up. I think the old Comrade spin era may be over...thankfully. All this doublespeak over the years is killing me.

Exactly, the more I think about this Dunta situation, the more I feel like this is really more systematic of players being told to tow the company line and they have no other avenue to express their frustration.

If Dunta was working a regular job with no contract, he could just quit and find a better job. Unfortunately, he can't do that, and probably from Dunta's perspective, it is a no lose situation for him because:

1. The Texans get rid of him and his chances of playing on a better team are greatly improved;

2. Or, the Texans have more heat and deal Carr, which is a plus for Dunta because he thinks the organization is making a mistake keeping Carr;

3. Or, the Texans organization really knows how he feels and basically puts them on notice he isn't going to tow the company line anymore and to stop feeding him the marketing routine.

This whole situation is really McNair's doing if you think about it. McNair hasn't shown me one thing that he is a good manager, and all indications is he is poor manager that makes even poorer decisions. Carr has been treated differently from every player and coach. The only offensive player that has survived during Carr's reign so far is AJ.

Bottom line is, if the you think the value of Carr is low now, he will have zero value at the end of next season if he has basically the same year in 2007 he had in 2006. And, I don't think next year is going to be that different with Carr because he still couldn't run the 2-minute drill in 2006, and I could cite more examples. Time will tell...

This is just a bad situation all the way around, but the Dunta's remarks are really just problematic to the web McNair has wove by the way he has treated Carr differently from everyone else.

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Carr called out twice on the same day....

Wow....

Who else called Carr out??

Edit: Nevermind...

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
02-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Who else called Carr out??

Dunta and Moulds

swtbound07
02-28-2007, 04:43 PM
allright guys, you caught me. Im really dunta robinson

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Man, I bet Kubiak feels like someone just ripped his pants down in the middle of Time Square.

RTP2110
02-28-2007, 04:45 PM

Wow, I missed that. It really makes me think that Moulds asked to be released, unless I missed something there too.

hollywood_texan
02-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Just think if Dunta is saying this publicly, think about what is being said in the locker room and by how many guys?

Carr is what he is and telling guys tow a company line year after year, something is going to give at some point.

This really shouldn't be a surprise.

dirty steve
02-28-2007, 04:48 PM
zeirlein had a great take on this earlier in talking about teams being decisive in dealing with pressure point issues. he cited the eagles, who seem to deal with their calamities swiftly (see: Owens, Terrell suspension and subsequent release in 2005). he said how the Texans seem to be shopping Carr but come out and say "he's our starter...for now." all that says is we are waiting for the right offer to come along.

let DC know of your intentions and let him shop for a palatable deal for all involved parties.

Second Honeymoon
02-28-2007, 04:50 PM

But that's just me.

It's not just you. Carr is a joke and all the non-homers know it....but soon it won't matter anymore.....dude is a bum and were getting rid of his sorry arse

just caught up to the Moulds quotes too. The players are revolting against their stupid owner...i love it

JAXwithanX
02-28-2007, 04:57 PM
The fact that both Moulds and D. Rob have decided to remark on Carr in one day says the exact opposite than what people on here are concluding. If Carr was on the way out already....players would be less adamant about talking down on him. Seems like both are worried that the F.O. is going to try and still use him at this point....

I don't want Brady Quinn because I don't think he warrants the 8th pick (I think a star can be had at 8....and I don't personally believe he ever will be one)....but he doesn't have to be a star to get significantly better production out of a QB.

I still am wishing for a Garcia possibility....at least some feelers from the F.O.

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 05:13 PM
The fact that both Moulds and D. Rob have decided to remark on Carr in one day says the exact opposite than what people on here are concluding. If Carr was on the way out already....players would be less adamant about talking down on him. Seems like both are worried that the F.O. is going to try and still use him at this point....

I don't want Brady Quinn because I don't think he warrants the 8th pick (I think a star can be had at 8....and I don't personally believe he ever will be one)....but he doesn't have to be a star to get significantly better production out of a QB.

I still am wishing for a Garcia possibility....at least some feelers from the F.O.

I agree with every thing you just said.& I'd be fine going with Sage for a couple of years till we find our franchise QB, and the two years or so it'll take to get him up to speed.

But if we're cutting everybody.. Brady Quinn is looking so much better to me right now, than anybody in this draft.

I believe like you said, Moulds is gone because he opened his mouth. He opened his mouth because Carr is coming back, and most likely as our starter.

If David is going to be our starter........ what difference does it make?? Draft Every QB on the board when we're at the podium.

Round 1: Quinn
Round 2: Edwards
Round 3: Kolbe
Round 4: Stanton
Round 5: Palko
Round 6: Leak
Round 7: Tate

Honoring Earl 34
02-28-2007, 05:23 PM

What about free agents ?

TEXANS84
02-28-2007, 05:24 PM

Good, and good to hear people inside the team speak up publically.

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 05:28 PM

What about free agents ?

All those you can get as well..... hopefully something will click, and McNair will say, "Oh... that's what you mean by Quarterback... "

JAXwithanX
02-28-2007, 05:28 PM
I agree with every thing you just said.& I'd be fine going with Sage for a couple of years till we find our franchise QB, and the two years or so it'll take to get him up to speed.

But if we're cutting everybody.. Brady Quinn is looking so much better to me right now, than anybody in this draft.

I believe like you said, Moulds is gone because he opened his mouth. He opened his mouth because Carr is coming back, and most likely as our starter.

If David is going to be our starter........ what difference does it make?? Draft Every QB on the board when we're at the podium.

Yeah I meant to add in my last post that although I didn't want Brady Quinn because I didn't want him at 8, I do think he will be an upgrade at QB by mid season at the latest....

and that is right I'm suggesting Rosenfels having the job until he loses it or Quinn is ready.

I didn't ever feel like Carr would turn the corner here....and getting proof that the team doesn't think so either is the last straw....enough time has been wasted, Quinn it is.

And when I say I don't really like Quinn it is just because he isn't that amazing athletic QB that I and everyone dreams of....but I wouldn't go so far to say I couldn't see him being able to win a super bowl with enough other star power around.

At this point upgrading at safety with Landry isn't going to win us any more games than upgrading at QB. Seriously....the inability to throw a touchdown pass last year was disgusting. The fact defenses could just stack against the run with no threat of a deep ball or even medium ball killed us. Our D held us in enough games last year....so Quinn gives us the best chance in my mind to win games next year...and what sad is I'm only counting on him for the second half of the season. Unless we go for my dream pick Okeye in which just disregard everything i said because he will simultaneously give Mario a chance to convince 50% of the horrible posts on this board from coming to fruition, while I think turning us into a top 10 defense (OK with a CB signing....)

Wolf
02-28-2007, 05:36 PM

good post DB... I agree. I am not upset with D-rob for his take, I just wish they kept it behind close doors with the team and not on national TV... with that said... who knows, maybe it has been mentioned behind close doors and this was the next step in trying to get the team to get someone they believe in and for the FO to do something

JAXwithanX
02-28-2007, 05:37 PM

What about free agents ?

and for the record I'd like it to be known in 8th grade I intercepted Drew Tate....the most prolific passer in Texas HS football. Yeah, thats all.

Honoring Earl 34
02-28-2007, 05:38 PM
All those you can get as well..... hopefully something will click, and McNair will say, "Oh... that's what you mean by Quarterback... "

Kevin Huff 6-1, 215 4.75 Tuskegee
Justin Zwick 6-4, 230 4.80 Ohio State
Jeff Smith 6-6, 240 4.90 Georgetown
Will Proctor 6-1, 205 4.75 Clemson

Steven Moffett 6-3, 205 4.95 Central Florida
Jon Grant 6-2, 205 4.90 Cal-Davis
Collin Drafts 6-2, 200 Charleston Southern
Ryan Cubit 6-1, 225 5.00 Western Michigan
Tim Brasic 6-1, 210 4.85 Illinois

Dalton Bell 6-2, 210 4.85 West Texas A&M
Steve Wichman 6-3, 220 5.15 Idaho

Vinny
02-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Good, and good to hear people inside the team speak up publically.Charlie Palillo is talking about the Moulds comments now and mentioned that Carr had only 1 TD of any significance in the last 10 games of the year last year and at some point a good QB just has to make some plays to be accepted......does 790 have an audio vault like 610am does? Perhaps this is recorded on their site somewhere.

ArlingtonTexan
02-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Charlie Palillo is talking about the Moulds comments now and mentioned that Carr had only 1 TD of any significance in the last 10 games of the year last year and at some point a good QB just has to make some plays to be accepted......does 790 have an audio vault like 610am does? Perhaps this is recorded on their site somewhere.

I think they have some version of a podcast/rebroadcast system.

TexansSeminole
02-28-2007, 05:52 PM
The new beginning...

The truth is speaking...

You should listen...

Vinny
02-28-2007, 05:52 PM
I think they have some version of a podcast/rebroadcast system.
The Moulds comments were from an exclusive interview by David Dalati. I can't find an archive for Dalati, but they do run some quips from it once or twice an hour I think.

TEXANS84
02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
www.790kbme.com for all those people out of Houston or at work.

Live feed at the top of the page.

nunusguy
02-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Bob Allen just announced that he will cover this in a few minutes on the 6PM news on Channel 13.
He'll be on at about 6:50PM.
Don't know for sure if he'll have Dunta's comment courtesy ESPN/Cold-Pizza
video or what, but I'm hoping to atleast hear exactly what he said.

Arky
02-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Well, except that it wasn't an appropriate joke. You were placing the blame for both of those Lee Evans TD's on Dunta. At least that's what it sounded like. Just because something's a joke that doesn't mean it gets a pass on accuracy.

No, I wasn't blaming Dunta for both of Lee Evan's TDs. My mistake is that I should have quoted the original poster in that thought train who said, "They looked really wore out in the very first two series against the Bills". i.e. meaning the whole defense, all 11 guys. Picture all 11 guys chasing Lee Evans. Hence, the joke... My other mistake was not realizing that 100% of the readers would make the connection... Jokes don't have to be accurate - just funny. Guess I missed on that one....

Imatexanfan
02-28-2007, 07:05 PM

dude thats just hilarious:drunk:

Spled
02-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Bagwell, Biggio or Nolan Ryan would never criticize a teammate publicly. That's the old school way. It's handled in the locker room. New school guys like Dunta enjoy speaking their mind.

Lucky
02-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Draft Every QB on the board when we're at the podium.

Signed,

Charley "You can never have enough QBs" Casserly.

mexican_texan
02-28-2007, 07:57 PM
I think it has to do with how much unwarranted freedom was given to David Carr. No one has had so much job security for that play, ever. He was horrible and Kubiak stood firm and said "he's our QB." Carr didn't have to earn the job each week and I'm sure the players felt VERY pleased with that. Each and every player on the field is playing to make this team better and if they can't, they get replaced. Every player, that is, except David Carr. After the Browns game, perhaps the Raiders game, the post game crew was talking about how the team really appreciated Sage Rosenfels' work ethic. They said he was a guy the team could get behind (ahem..VY...) he even worked out with the team ardously after he broke his hand. So what did Kubiak do? He stated Carr was the QB.

TwinSisters
02-28-2007, 07:58 PM

o lordy.

Sure and start 4 of them in backfield with Carr. Let them pass the ball around to each other like the Harlem Globetrotters before it ends up in Carr's hands.

Then he can take the sack and it just might be enough to move the team up a level. You know, notch it up a little... from just bad to at least entertainment.

Tulip
02-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Wow, I missed that. It really makes me think that Moulds asked to be released, unless I missed something there too.

I agree. It's really starting to look that way.

tsip
02-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Just think if Dunta is saying this publicly, think about what is being said in the locker room and by how many guys?

Carr is what he is and telling guys tow a company line year after year, something is going to give at some point.

This really shouldn't be a surprise.

Exactly. A lot of posters have been shaking their heads for a long time over the special treatment for David, and expecting it to 'hit' the players sooner or later.

If Carr stays, '07 will not be off to a 'pleasant' start. We have holes everywhere and not nearly enough money to fill them and-already-Kubiak's cuts/additions are affecting the team. How long will it be before we wish we still had 'so and so'--Norris,Gaffney,Morency??

JMO, but before it's all over, one player could bring this team to its knees-guess who that is!!

Heath Shuler
02-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I wish I had seen the interview to have a better informed opinion about it. Dunta seems to take loses harder than anyone else on the team (based on his comments after the games, especially the horrid 2 & 14 season). I have never seen D-Rob smile and chuckle after an embarrassing loss. It seems to me that Dunta has bitten his tongue for as long as he could. I think Dunta is tired of losing, wants the team to get better and is speaking out due to frustrations. I also believe there are many other players that agree with him but are afraid to let their feelings be known because of the consequences.

Tulip
02-28-2007, 08:16 PM
It seems to me that Dunta has bitten his tongue for as long as he could. I think Dunta is tired of losing, wants the team to get better and is speaking out due to frustrations. I also believe there are many other players that agree with him but are afraid to let their feelings be known because of the consequences.

What was it that Dunta said in a locker room interview towards the end of the season? Something about...we all know the problem and we have to admit it? Many were adament that the comment had nothing to do with David, but it seemed pretty obvious.

Honoring Earl 34
02-28-2007, 08:19 PM
I wonder if we'll get anymore quips between now and Friday .

Tulip
02-28-2007, 08:22 PM
I wonder if we'll get anymore quips between now and Friday .

I hope so. I was getting bored.

Heath Shuler
02-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Signed,

Charley "You can never have enough QBs" Casserly.

Has Casserly ever drafted a productive QB? Is Gus Frerotte the best QB Casserly ever drafted?

TwinSisters
02-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Has Casserly ever drafted a productive QB? Is Gus Frerotte the best QB Casserly ever drafted?

no. He has a string of good late round QBs that started in Super Bowls. It's hard to separate which ones are his from those of Bobby Beathard ( his mentor ).

However Carr, Shuler, and Ryan Leaf should seal their fates as the worst QB scouts ever.

DocBar
02-28-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm beginning to think DRob is reading his OLD press clippings. He might want to step his game up a bit before cutting loose on a teammate. I'm also thinking maybe DRob isn't the best lockerroom guy around. ounds a lot like a whiner and a jackass.
:stirpot:

DocBar
02-28-2007, 08:38 PM
I'll be glad when the draft and preseason are over. This whole board's gonna need some xanax. You guys are getting real apocolypto!!!!
:bubble:

mganz
02-28-2007, 08:43 PM
first off, i DO like Carr and want him to come back next year. I'm not going to make excuses for him and some of his poor play. That being said, I don't disagree with Dunta. Maybe I missed something but I didn't really hear him "throw him under the bus". He said when asked about Carr. "it's a tough situation for him. Sometimes maybe guys need a new beginning and go somewhere else and start over. It's really a tough situation for him and the team." Is this what he really all said? Everyone is right, he didn't say anything that we don't already know.

1. Carr has had it hard here, with the play of the team AND his play.
2. Sometimes a new start with different, not even better, just different can spark the fire.

I don't agree with anyone calling out a teammate on national media. However, I didn't get that impression from those statements.

Heath Shuler
02-28-2007, 08:49 PM
What was it that Dunta said in a locker room interview towards the end of the season? Something about...we all know the problem and we have to admit it? Many were adament that the comment had nothing to do with David, but it seemed pretty obvious.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I don't remember the quote word for word now, but it didn't take much to read between the lines.

Charter PSL Fan
02-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Look in the mirror Dunta. You have done nothing since your rookie season.

Second Honeymoon
02-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Look in the mirror Dunta. You have done nothing since your rookie season.

Look in the mirror Carr. He has done nothing his entire career.

The Pencil Neck
02-28-2007, 11:57 PM
No, I wasn't blaming Dunta for both of Lee Evan's TDs. My mistake is that I should have quoted the original poster in that thought train who said, "They looked really wore out in the very first two series against the Bills". i.e. meaning the whole defense, all 11 guys. Picture all 11 guys chasing Lee Evans. Hence, the joke... My other mistake was not realizing that 100% of the readers would make the connection... Jokes don't have to be accurate - just funny. Guess I missed on that one....

Yeah, I just misinterpreted what you were saying. I was seeing 1 guy chasing after Evans... and it was Faggins. :)

No matter how clear you are, someone will take it the wrong way. It was just my turn.

Napa Auto Parts
03-01-2007, 12:03 AM
WoW For D-rob he is one of 4 players in the texans that would not be cut for calling out the pathetic play of david carr.

dantem
03-01-2007, 01:49 AM
D-Rob did't play so well last year himself, maybe he should learn to cover this off season instead of making the stop after the catch.

IMHO He does not have the stock this year to make that kind of statement.

newport texan
03-01-2007, 02:10 AM
where can i get my Robinson jersey?? he is now my idol and favorite Texan. You guys think he is a jackass? well at least he cares! You can complain about his production all you want but the guy has heart and a will to win! He has passion for the game and i love it. I wish more Texans had that passion.

swtbound07
03-01-2007, 05:54 AM
First off let me say it shows what kind of guy Dunta Robinson really is. If you dont like him or have a problem with him see him in the locker room get your gloves on and MAN up. Dont be a girl and shoot your mouth off like you did something last year and have the right. I am sure there are many times David would have loved to say something about your solid play Dunta. Me personally would beat the piss out of you. Do you think he is some kind of punching bag and you dont think he will do our say anything about it? You have lost your absolute mind son.

Holy Moley Batman! David Carr's Brother imploring someone to have a good game just broke the irony-o-meter

Honoring Earl 34
03-01-2007, 06:07 AM
Holy Moley Batman! David Carr's Brother imploring someone to have a good game just broke the irony-o-meter

SWT and DRob vs Carr x 2 in a cage match .

U4ikrob
03-01-2007, 06:48 AM
More fuel for the fire in the Chronic this morning - D-Rob v DC

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4592006.html

"ROBINSON WEIGHS IN"
Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson said Wednesday night that he believes it is time for quarterback David Carr to be traded.
"It's just my opinion, but I think it's that time," Robinson said. "We haven't won. I'm not saying it's David's fault, and I'm not saying he can't be a great quarterback with another team. But he's been here for five years, and the best we've been able to do is 7-9. I just think it's time for us to make some moves that'll help the Texans become a winning team."

HoustonFan
03-01-2007, 06:56 AM
D-Rob, you're my boy, but that's not too cool throwing a team mate under the bus like that, especially when he hasn't been cut.

*sigh, waiting to see how this pans out.

cowboy62
03-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Not as bad as our secondary is he knows he is gone Carr that is so he is safe.

what the ****** did you say?:um:

DocBar
03-01-2007, 08:00 AM
I'll listen to our D calling out our O when they get 3rd down conversions down to league average. There are problems on BOTH sides of the ball. I lost a LOT of respect for Dunta with these comments.

coachdent
03-01-2007, 08:04 AM
drob doesn't have a lot of room to talk. i saw his a** get burned multiple times last season. don't get me wrong, he can tackle and hit, and that's cute and all, but that didn't exactly help the texans win more than 6 games last year. when are players on the texans team going to learn that they all sucked, collectively?

Amen. D-Rob did not have the best of seasons. All-Pros might be able to call folks out and throw them under the bus, but a guy who also disappointed us is not the one I need to hear from.

hot pickle
03-01-2007, 08:09 AM
D-Rob, you're my boy, but that's not too cool throwing a team mate under the bus like that, especially when he hasn't been cut.

*sigh, waiting to see how this pans out.

haha, hes just sayin what needs to happen, he implied this same thing earlier, even kubiak and rick smith know that DC sucks, and even smith has said the same thing, so dont say thats its not cool what drob said, cause rick smith has said the same thing

HJam72
03-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Rick Smith isn't a player. I have no problem with him saying whatever he thinks of Carr, or any other player, but Robinson is trying to tell his superiors what to do, and doing it by insulting a teammate publicly. I'm not really even upset about it or anything, but this is the kind of wrong direction that our whole society is headed in. Everybody thinks that shooting your mouth off is brave. In fact, people are constantly patted on the back for shooting their mouths off even when they don't have a clue what they're talking about, not that that is the case here.

For all of you saying that he is brave this or cowardly that, I completely disagree. This has nothing to do with courage, and everything to do with lack of respect--for himself, Carr, the front office, McNair, and the whole organization. He's probably right, but, regardless of being right about it, wouldn't I be a jerk if I went around telling everybody "you're fat", "you're stupid", "you're just ugly", etc? Sometimes people just need to keep their mouths shut, but oh, the whole world thinks you're cowardly if you don't think that verbal insults to others will make you king of the world.

Obviously, this is more of a general issue to me than just being concerned about D-Rob and our mess of a QB situation. I don't like people that don't know when to shut up. So....I'll shut up now. :bubble:

real
03-01-2007, 08:28 AM
I praise D-Rob for using every avenue at his exspense, including the media to try to make our team better. His comments were made in an attempt to hopefully at some point make our team better, because he wants to be on a winning team. I don't fault him for this. Sometimes when you want to get things done, you have to go to extremem measures. If D-Rob had the inside track on what they were planning on doing with David and he felt like this was the best way to "force" the Texans hand, once again, I applaud you Mr. Robinson. Keep poppin off at the mouth until you force a change, and rid us of this losing mentality, and sorry way some Texan fans have of accepting what ever the F.O. spews as fact. I wish we had more players step up and atleast attempt to take control of their own destiny. It may seem harsh to some, and it may seem like he threw a teammate under the bus, but I still conclude that most who feel that way are just in love with David or not ready to move on regarding the QB position.

HJam72
03-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Ends justifies the means?

real
03-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Rick Smith isn't a player. I have no problem with him saying whatever he thinks of Carr, or any other player, but Robinson is trying to tell his superiors what to do, and doing it by insulting a teammate publicly. I'm not really even upset about it or anything, but this is the kind of wrong direction that our whole society is headed in. Everybody thinks that shooting your mouth off is brave. In fact, people are constantly patted on the back for shooting their mouths off even when they don't have a clue what they're talking about, not that that is the case here.

For all of you saying that he is brave this or cowardly that, I completely disagree. This has nothing to do with courage, and everything to do with lack of respect--for himself, Carr, the front office, McNair, and the whole organization. He's probably right, but, regardless of being right about it, wouldn't I be a jerk if I went around telling everybody "you're fat", "you're stupid", "you're just ugly", etc? Sometimes people just need to keep their mouths shut, but oh, the whole world thinks you're cowardly if you don't think that verbal insults to others will make you king of the world.

Obviously, this is more of a general issue to me than just being concerned about D-Rob and our mess of a QB situation. I don't like people that don't know when to shut up. So....I'll shut up now. :bubble:

Is this just regarding football or life in general ?

If you feel like you're being treated unfairly, or not being given the best chance to succeed by your superiors, should you not use any avenue that you can to make your situation better ? In whatever line of work you're in ?

It's basically the same thing on a much smaller scale that Martin Luther King Jr. did...Rosa Parks...And every other civil rights hero....Was it too, cowardly for them to stand up for what they believed ? Or should they have just shut up and followed the proper channels ? I know it's a smaller scale, but being treated unfairly is being treated unfairly.

Granted, some things of less importance can be let go...But this is this mans carreer...his life...his legacy....He didn't work hard all those years to make it to the NFL to LOSE.

I am glad D-rob is not just sitting around not caring about his situation. If he thinks that trading David Carr will make the team better, then he definitely should have done what he did.

But I guess if you were being treated unjustly you would just shut up and "take it like a man".

hot pickle
03-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Is this just regarding football or life in general ?

If you feel like you're being treated unfairly, or not being given the best chance to succeed by your superiors, should you not use any avenue that you can to make your situation better ?

It's basically the same thing on a much smaller scale that Martin Luther King Jr. did...Rosa Parks...And every other civil rights hero....Was it too, cowardly for them to stand up for what they believed ?

I am glad D-rob is not just sitting around not caring about his situation. If he thinks that trading David Carr will make the team better, then he definitely should have done what he did.

yeah i agree with you, we need more guys to come out and say it, cause then atleast it shows that the players care about winnin

real
03-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Ends justifies the means?

Depends on what the "means" are...

Killing...no

Talking....yes

humbleone
03-01-2007, 08:37 AM
yes.

That same logic gets you Enron btw.

HJam72
03-01-2007, 08:38 AM
That same logic gets you Enron btw.

Exactly my point.

I will say this though, wrong as I believe it is, the front office asked for it last year when they gave him the extension.

Vinny
03-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Ends justifies the means?no, but if you point to something blue and continually tell me it is red, eventually I'll either think you are a liar or crazy. Most of us fans are tired of spin...we just want some accountability and some honesty. Calling a spade a spade beats bs'ing everyone constantly.

humbleone
03-01-2007, 08:55 AM
no, but if you point to something blue and continually tell me it is red, eventually I'll either think you are a liar or crazy. Most of us fans are tired of spin...we just want some accountability and some honesty. Calling a spade a spade beats bs'ing everyone constantly.

The best option for one player to chose regarding questions about another player is to either say something supportive or nothing at all. Drob is paid to play CB (something he needs to do a better job of himself based on his performance the last two years) not coach the team or manage the team.

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that this was just an error in judgement on his part and not some tip of the iceberg TO like need to be in the media spotlight but the result of him saying what he did hurt the team that he plays for and makes the jobs of Kubiak and Smith harder.

Vinny
03-01-2007, 09:02 AM
The best option for one player to chose regarding questions about another player is to either say something supportive or nothing at all. Drob is paid to play CB (something he needs to do a better job of himself based on his performance the last two years) not coach the team or manage the team.

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that this was just an error in judgement on his part and not some tip of the iceberg TO like need to be in the media spotlight but the result of him saying what he did hurt the team that he plays for and makes the jobs of Kubiak and Smith harder.
Some guys don't like to paint the little drummer boy smile on and resent it eventually. NFL careers are short and I'm sure most of these guys don't want their careers wasted painting a smile on their face when they know in their hearts they are lying to the public and wasting their best years because their team doesn't have the guts to call a spade a spade.

real
03-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Some guys don't like to paint the little drummer boy smile on and resent it eventually. NFL careers are short and I'm sure most of these guys don't want their careers wasted painting a smile on their face when they know in their hearts they are lying to the public and wasting their best years because their team doesn't have the guts to call a spade a spade.

Basically, my point.

This is this mans career, and if he feels like David Carr is limiting the success of the team, then kudos to him for taking a stand.

thunderkyss
03-01-2007, 09:10 AM

This is what he said (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4592006.html)
Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson said Wednesday night that he believes it is time for quarterback David Carr to be traded.
"It's just my opinion, but I think it's that time," Robinson said. "We haven't won. I'm not saying it's David's fault, and I'm not saying he can't be a great quarterback with another team. But he's been here for five years, and the best we've been able to do is 7-9. I just think it's time for us to make some moves that'll help the Texans become a winning team."

What would you have said if you were asked, "What do you think about the possibility of David Carr not being a Texan in '07??"

texans83
03-01-2007, 09:12 AM
I think with him saying that he is deff telling the coaching staff and GM that if they dont trade him they are going to have another at best 7-9 season, or that he was going to be out of here the first chance he got.

humbleone
03-01-2007, 09:16 AM
This is what he said (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4592006.html)

What would you have said if you were asked, "What do you think about the possibility of David Carr not being a Texan in '07??"

How about something like...."hey man, I've got my hands full being the best CB in the league that I can be. You need to ask the coach and Smith about stuff like that"

dalemurphy
03-01-2007, 09:19 AM
no, but if you point to something blue and continually tell me it is red, eventually I'll either think you are a liar or crazy. Most of us fans are tired of spin...we just want some accountability and some honesty. Calling a spade a spade beats bs'ing everyone constantly.

How has Kubiak and Smith not been "calling a spade a spade"? They've said they're willing to trade him. Kubiak was very open with criticism of Carr last year and this offseason. They've said they'll make the move if it will improve the team. QBs don't grow on trees and this team has a lot of needs. I get why people are tired of Carr but I think it's disingenuous to accuse Smith and Kubiak of dishonesty in regards to their handling of the situation.

Vinny
03-01-2007, 09:21 AM
How has Kubiak and Smith not been "calling a spade a spade"? They've said they're willing to trade him. Kubiak was very open with criticism of Carr last year and this offseason. They've said they'll make the move if it will improve the team. QBs don't grow on trees and this team has a lot of needs. I get why people are tired of Carr but I think it's disingenuous to accuse Smith and Kubiak of dishonesty in regards to their handling of the situation.
I'm talking about over the entire half decade....its always been coddle the QB time in Houston.....read some of my posts...I've said that the "emperor's new clothing" era is over with the Kubiak regime finally. QB's don't grow on trees but I bet a tree could come close to one td pass over the last ten games of the year

dirty steve
03-01-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm talking about over the entire half decade....its always been coddle the QB time in Houston.....read some of my posts...I've said that the "emperor's new clothing" era is over with the Kubiak regime finally. QB's don't grow on trees but I bet a tree could come close to one td pass over the last ten games of the year
damning evidence to make a change IMHO.

dalemurphy
03-01-2007, 09:26 AM
damning evidence to make a change IMHO.

Sage Rosenfels

TEXANRED
03-01-2007, 09:28 AM

Even T.O. had enough since to give the standard answer when the same question was given about Drew.

"It doesn't matter who is behind center, we will rally around that person and go out there to win."

Navy_Chris
03-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Even T.O. had enough since to give the standard answer when the same question was given about Drew.

"It doesn't matter who is behind center, we will rally around that person and go out there to win."

I think it's good that somebody finally stood up to the mic and said what they really felt. The players should start speaking their minds a little more. Maybe the RIGHT things will start to get done around here.

dirty steve
Sage Rosenfels
if Rosenfels is going to be starter next year, then you BETTER have a young QB to groom.

srstex
This is great, a defensive player on one of the worst units in the NFL says it's time. IF, D-Rod had done his job better maybe the D would've stopped someone, but that didn't happen, maybe if D-Rod had been able to read OFFENSES better he would've intercepted more passes, but that didn't happen either, let's leave the offense to the offensive minded and the defense to the defensive minded. I think Carr could easily step up and point out how BAD the D was last year, wait, then that wouldn't be a leader, that means D-Rod isn't a leader, so, why are we listening to someone that through his actions is nothing but a cry baby on a bad defense looking to blame someone else for his short comings.

real
03-01-2007, 09:32 AM
This is great, a defensive player on one of the worst units in the NFL says it's time. IF, D-Rod had done his job better maybe the D would've stopped someone, but that didn't happen, maybe if D-Rod had been able to read OFFENSES better he would've intercepted more passes, but that didn't happen either, let's leave the offense to the offensive minded and the defense to the defensive minded. I think Carr could easily step up and point out how BAD the D was last year, wait, then that wouldn't be a leader, that means D-Rod isn't a leader, so, why are we listening to someone that through his actions is nothing but a cry baby on a bad defense looking to blame someone else for his short comings.

Signed,

Mike Vanderjacht

Vinny
03-01-2007, 09:35 AM
This is another reason I want Carr out of here. Carr and his little support group can't take even an ounce of criticism or they just fall totally apart and start pointing fingers. Seems like everyone has been vilified over the last half decade when it comes to Carr and his righteous excuse du jour. The linemen get bashed, AJ gets bashed, the running backs get bashed, the coaching staff gets bashed....Carr gets called on his miserable play and everyone connected with him is a crybaby. This is just incredible.

TEXANRED
03-01-2007, 09:54 AM
the running backs get bashed, the coaching staff gets bashed.....

Its fair to say that, David Carr, James Allen, Stacey Mack, Ron Dayne, Demingo Grahm, Gerald Young, Steve McKinney, Victor Riley, Seth Wand, Cory Bradford, Jabar Gaffney, just to name a few, all deserve equal slices of the poo pie.

And how could I forget, Dom Caper, Palmer, Pendry, Fangio, and of course Cass.