PDA

View Full Version : D-rob On Cold Pizza

Pages : 1 [2]

real
03-01-2007, 11:01 AM
No ones above being cut on our team...Eric Moulds, Jamie Sharper, Aaron Glenn, Seth Wand, Noran Morris, Kailee Wong, Jerome Mathis, DW ect...

But we can't dare talk about getting rid of Carr...

TEXANRED
03-01-2007, 11:02 AM
No ones above being cut on our team...Eric Moulds, Jamie Sharper, Aaron Glenn, Seth Wand, Noran Morris, Kailee Wong, Jerome Mathis, DW ect...

But we can't dare talk about getting rid of Carr...

I think some on here would riot if you got rid of Mathis.

I almost had a heart attack when the Predator got released.

humbleone
03-01-2007, 11:29 AM
This is another reason I want Carr out of here. Carr and his little support group can't take even an ounce of criticism or they just fall totally apart and start pointing fingers. Seems like everyone has been vilified over the last half decade when it comes to Carr and his righteous excuse du jour. The linemen get bashed, AJ gets bashed, the running backs get bashed, the coaching staff gets bashed....Carr gets called on his miserable play and everyone connected with him is a crybaby. This is just incredible.

The issue is not who he called out but that he (meaning Drob) decided to pull a mini TO and throw a team mate under the bus. This is never a good thing at any level or on any team. He has hurt the team by doing so and made the job of Kubiak and Smith harder.

Drob needs to just shut up and stay away from the media if he can't control his mouth any better than this. And btw, he can take the time he saves from trying to be the coach, GM and Texan spokesperson and put it into being a better CB.

carrfan4life08
03-01-2007, 11:38 AM
The issue is not who he called out but that he (meaning Drob) decided to pull a mini TO and throw a team mate under the bus. This is never a good thing at any level or on any team. He has hurt the team by doing so and made the job of Kubiak and Smith harder.

Drob needs to just shut up and stay away from the media if he can't control his mouth any better than this. And btw, he can take the time he saves from trying to be the coach, GM and Texan spokesperson and put it into being a better CB.

i agree robinson wasnt that good last year. if he was a good player then he could say something but hes not. so just shut up robinson and try to get better.

yourfavoritetexan42
03-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I think dunta needs to stop all this media talk, and learn how to cover a receiver. He had one decent season, and thinks he can ride that the rest of his career. Hey d-rob, shut up and play.

As for his comments...that might be sign that carr is leaving, or it just might be a theory from him. I think that this might mean we might draft quinn in april. We don't want plummer, garcia hasn't been talked to, I don't think they will plan sage being our future... might be a possibility.

What I was thinking they might do is see if AP drops, if he does, keep carr and grab him and worry about a new qb the next season, if he isn't available, and quinn is, take quinn, and maybe trade carr for 2008 picks.

If we did get quinn Id feel sorry him... he'd have one decent receiver, a crappy o line, and a run game that shines against the 2 worst rush defenses.

Andback to d rob...I was a captain of a team, we started out 1-2, when I was asked questions about our team, I said stuff that "we" needed to do better. I never said "he".

humbleone
03-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Some guys don't like to paint the little drummer boy smile on and resent it eventually. NFL careers are short and I'm sure most of these guys don't want their careers wasted painting a smile on their face when they know in their hearts they are lying to the public and wasting their best years because their team doesn't have the guts to call a spade a spade.

Then he should tell the coach what he thinks and then the GM if he wants to be on another team. He is not paid to coach or manage the team through the media. There are lines and he crossed one of the biggest on most important lines on any team.

Bottomline, I would not want to be on the same team with TO because of stuff like this and I hope that the Texan's FO makes it very clear to DRob that they are not going to put up with his mouth regardless of what they do or do not do about Carr or it is just going to be a matter of time before he let's go on some other team mate or coach perhaps.

real
03-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Dunta shouldn't have said what he said because he didn't play great last year...

Well no one on here played at all. hint hint.

TEXANRED
03-01-2007, 11:59 AM
What I was thinking they might do is see if AP drops, if he does, keep carr and grab him and worry about a new qb the next season, if he isn't available, and quinn is, take quinn, and maybe trade carr for 2008 picks.

Just say no to Quinn.

I feel like I have such an improtant job, if I can reach just one person and change there life, then I feel like it is worth all the hard work.

jerek
03-01-2007, 12:01 PM
I think Dunta shouldn't have said it because you don't trash your teammates in public, period point blank. It inevitably divides rather than unifies the team and takes a player's focus off of individual and team improvement and into having a pissing contest. That D-Rob looked like he was giving a half ass effort himself for much of last year is regrettable but not the primary problem.

jerek
03-01-2007, 12:03 PM

If we did get quinn Id feel sorry him... he'd have one decent receiver, a crappy o line, and a run game that shines against the 2 worst rush defenses.

There is no way, ever, never, forever, that we will draft Brady Quinn.

Never.

How his name still receives mention here absolutely confuses me.

thunderkyss
03-01-2007, 12:18 PM
How about something like...."hey man, I've got my hands full being the best CB in the league that I can be. You need to ask the coach and Smith about stuff like that"

fair enough

Even T.O. had enough since to give the standard answer when the same question was given about Drew.

"It doesn't matter who is behind center, we will rally around that person and go out there to win."

Ouch... that hurts.

true, but hurts

I think it's good that somebody finally stood up to the mic and said what they really felt. The players should start speaking their minds a little more. Maybe the RIGHT things will start to get done around here.

I'm happy that Dunta said what he said. Now we can say, "Ha" that comment he made earlier in the season, about a problem & we all know what it is, was about Carr, & can infer that others on the team feel the same way.

I don't see how they can't.

But Like Red & the humble one said, he shouldn't have. I don't think he was being ugly about it. He didn't slam David in anyway, he just said David isn't working for this team.

That's like saying Vernand has to learn how to make one cut & go.... if he can't do that, then he's just got to go.

Personally, I'd have much preferred David return as the starter, and as soon as he screws up, the guys who are unhappy get in his face on the sideline. Then after the game, when reporters asked, they can say," oh, we're just trying to get him fired up. We love David, we wouldn't have anybody else as QB of the Texans... but we've got to find a way to fire him up. Next week, we're considering threatening him with bodily harm."

dalemurphy
03-01-2007, 12:31 PM
This is another reason I want Carr out of here. Carr and his little support group can't take even an ounce of criticism or they just fall totally apart and start pointing fingers. Seems like everyone has been vilified over the last half decade when it comes to Carr and his righteous excuse du jour. The linemen get bashed, AJ gets bashed, the running backs get bashed, the coaching staff gets bashed....Carr gets called on his miserable play and everyone connected with him is a crybaby. This is just incredible.

Well, the linemen have been horrible. AJ drops too many balls and is reluctant to play like he's the best athlete on the field. The previous coaching staff was awful. And, I believe you were more critical of Dom Davis than most.

Carr has been bad the past two years as well. He deserves his share of criticism. I get tired of every single thread turning into a "Carr sucks" thread. This team has a lot of problems and other than Carr only the OLine issues get much treatment around here.

I'm a big fan of Dunta but his play hasn't been particularly good the past 2 seasons and I think it's inappropriate to call out a teammate in the offseason like he did. How about calling out the safeties or the D-line?! Maybe they should pickup there game a little bit. How many games did those units cost us particularly early last season?

thunderkyss
03-01-2007, 12:31 PM
if Rosenfels is going to be starter next year, then you BETTER have a young QB to groom.

Did you not notice the role Sage was playing for us this year?? He was mentoring David as if he were the Veteran Starter on this team. He had been helping Carr all year long, and when Sage was in the game, David was pouting on the sideline.

In other words, the only reason not to have a young QB to groom while David is starting, is because we don't want the young'n to pick up bad habits...

humbleone
03-01-2007, 12:44 PM
There is nothing shocking at all about telling it like it is.

Yes, it is always shocking when someone throws a team mate under the bus. That is why the media trys so hard to get them to do it (because it creates the "shocking scoop" they get paid to get).

From the time you start playing pop warner until whenever you learn that in a team sport there are things you can and can not ever do. Ripping a team mate in public is high on the list of things that you never ever do and for very good reasons I might add...the bad that comes from endulging yourself in doing so always outweighs any good that comes from it.

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 12:55 PM
This is great, a defensive player on one of the worst units in the NFL says it's time. IF, D-Rod had done his job better maybe the D would've stopped someone, but that didn't happen, maybe if D-Rod had been able to read OFFENSES better he would've intercepted more passes, but that didn't happen either, let's leave the offense to the offensive minded and the defense to the defensive minded. I think Carr could easily step up and point out how BAD the D was last year, wait, then that wouldn't be a leader, that means D-Rod isn't a leader, so, why are we listening to someone that through his actions is nothing but a cry baby on a bad defense looking to blame someone else for his short comings.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. As fans we not know what goes on behind close doors. D-Rob gave his honest opinion. He did not bash DC, nor has D-Rob ever said that his own skills are superb either. Dunta is a leader. He is honest, strives to be better, passionate about his career, and he Does have the performance skills to show that leadership. If he was to leave the Texans right now he would definitely be a top contender of FA. D-Rob just wants a change for the better for the whole team. Yes the Texans need other positions filled, but the nucleus of the team is the quarterback (that's why they get paid the big bucks, that's why they get most of the glory when their team is winning) I would hope that DC would be better in a different environment, but with the Texans team now they need a strong and passionate leader not someone who nonchalantly shrugs his shoulders, says "Whatever" and grins like a Chess Cat among thousands of onlookers when he's being interviewed especially when the team has lost. Right now this Defense is the best thing the Texans have going. Iíve never heard D-Rob whining about a loss. He knows that there was always something more he could have done to help the Team. These guys are ready to be Winners for their fans, management, and themselves! When on the FIELD, they need a Solid and Consistent Quarterback. Not a good husband, good dad or all around good guy. :play:

real
03-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Yes, it is always shocking when someone throws a team mate under the bus. That is why the media trys so hard to get them to do it (because it creates the "shocking scoop" they get paid to get).

From the time you start playing pop warner until whenever you learn that in a team sport there are things you can and can not ever do. Ripping a team mate in public is high on the list of things that you never ever do and for very good reasons I might add...the bad that comes from endulging yourself in doing so always outweighs any good that comes from it.

I'm gonna call you Mr.Morals from now on.

Andrew6
03-01-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure if anyone saw the news last night but dunta basiclly blasted David Carr and said he needs to be traded, if anyone knows how to get ahold of the video footage let me know

real
03-01-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm not sure if anyone saw the news last night but dunta basiclly blasted David Carr and said he needs to be traded, if anyone knows how to get ahold of the video footage let me know

:drunk:

powerfuldragon
03-01-2007, 01:04 PM
was it the same clip that aired on cold pizza?

humbleone
03-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. As fans we not know what goes on behind close doors. D-Rob gave his honest opinion. He did not bash DC, nor has D-Rob ever said that his own skills are superb either. Dunta is a leader. He is honest, strives to be better, passionate about his career, and he Does have the performance skills to show that leadership. If he was to leave the Texans right now he would definitely be a top contender of FA. D-Rob just wants a change for the better for the whole team. Yes the Texans need other positions filled, but the nucleus of the team is the quarterback (that's why they get paid the big bucks, that's why they get most of the glory when their team is winning) I would hope that DC would be better in a different environment, but with the Texans team now they need a strong and passionate leader not someone who nonchalantly shrugs his shoulders, says "Whatever" and grins like a Chess Cat among thousands of onlookers when he's being interviewed especially when the team has lost. Right now this Defense is the best thing the Texans have going. Iíve never heard D-Rob whining about a loss. He knows that there was always something more he could have done to help the Team. These guys are ready to be Winners for their fans, management, and themselves! When on the FIELD, they need a Solid and Consistent Quarterback. Not a good husband, good dad or all around good guy. :play:

I'm not sure why you think Drob did not bash DC on cold pizza this week...In other news, cornerback Dunta Robinson visited the set of ESPN's Cold Pizza Wednesday morning and offered some harsh criticism of quarterback David Carr.

"He just hasn't gotten the job done for us," Robinson said. "We haven't been able to win games. We haven't been able to get over that hump, which was the reason why he was drafted. It's one of those business situations where you hate to see a guy like that go, but it's probably best for the team if it does happen."

So, whether you agree with what he did (as many on the board do) or disagree with what he did (as I do), there is no doubt that he threw a team mate under the bus and that is why this thread is so hot and why so many have such a strong opinion about it.

Honoring Earl 34
03-01-2007, 01:06 PM
This just in .... David Carr was cut .... shaving .

powerfuldragon
03-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. As fans we not know what goes on behind close doors. D-Rob gave his honest opinion. He did not bash DC, nor has D-Rob ever said that his own skills are superb either. Dunta is a leader. He is honest, strives to be better, passionate about his career, and he Does have the performance skills to show that leadership. If he was to leave the Texans right now he would definitely be a top contender of FA. D-Rob just wants a change for the better for the whole team. Yes the Texans need other positions filled, but the nucleus of the team is the quarterback (that's why they get paid the big bucks, that's why they get most of the glory when their team is winning) I would hope that DC would be better in a different environment, but with the Texans team now they need a strong and passionate leader not someone who nonchalantly shrugs his shoulders, says "Whatever" and grins like a Chess Cat among thousands of onlookers when he's being interviewed especially when the team has lost. Right now this Defense is the best thing the Texans have going. I’ve never heard D-Rob whining about a loss. He knows that there was always something more he could have done to help the Team. These guys are ready to be Winners for their fans, management, and themselves! When on the FIELD, they need a Solid and Consistent Quarterback. Not a good husband, good dad or all around good guy. :play:

You are Dunta Robinson and i claim my $5.

Andrew6
03-01-2007, 01:07 PM
I think it might have been, I was kinda not paying attention and then I heard Dunta Robinson's name come on the news and then heard what he said and was frankly shocked, Dunta has been nothing but a Carr backer. Makes me wonder whats going on over there, from what I am hearing is texans want to trade to vikings for switching the #1 pick position

powerfuldragon
03-01-2007, 01:07 PM
that was a knee-slapper.

santo
03-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Please, stop being such a :tease:

:laughjump:

texans83
03-01-2007, 01:16 PM
I think it might have been, I was kinda not paying attention and then I heard Dunta Robinson's name come on the news and then heard what he said and was frankly shocked, Dunta has been nothing but a Carr backer. Makes me wonder whats going on over there, from what I am hearing is texans want to trade to vikings for switching the #1 pick position

He really hasent been backing him for the past yr, hes tired of loosing and he first came out with it right after the season with John Mclain.

Navy_Chris
03-01-2007, 01:17 PM

Don't listen to all those other guys. I'm still laughing from that one.

texans83
03-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Don't listen to all those other guys. I'm still laughing from that one.

It was funny but I didnt think he could grow any man hair??????

Capster67
03-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Since he had no problem holding DC accountable, I hope he'll step up to the plate and own the part the defense (secondary in particular) has played in giving us losing records each year including his own erratic play.

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 01:39 PM

Dunta did not blast DC. If you can get a hold of the Houston Chronicle there is a very small article where Dunta gives his honest opinion about DC. (In my opinion this is not considered bashing) It's called speaking up, speaking your mind and being honest with yourself, the fans, media, and management. ONLY the Players know what goes on in the locker room and how their teammates really feel. That's who has to win the game, The Players. It's not just D-Rob who feels that way; it's the majority of the fans, the media, the players, and some management. Just look at the polls, watch the interviews, listen to the radio and read the paper.... Quote from newspaper: "It's just my opinion, but I think it's that time," Robinson said. We haven't won. I'm not saying its Davidís fault, and I'm not saying he can't be a great quarterback with another team. But he's been here for five years, and the best we've been able to do is 7-9. I just think it's time for us to make some moves that'll help the Texans become a winning team."

Everyone has to be accountable for their play but the center and the heart beat of the team is the Quarterback.

Brady, P. Manning, Brees, Vick, McNabb, S. Mcnair, V. Young, Montana, and Marino:throwball:

The Pencil Neck
03-01-2007, 01:42 PM
was it the same clip that aired on cold pizza?

Yes, and I haven't actually seen anyone post it, yet. Someone said they thought it was the clip on ESPN 360, but that's not the clip from Cold Pizza.

Look for a clip that has Dana Jacobson talking to him and sitting in a chair next to him not the clip of him in the split screen.

The Pencil Neck
03-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Dunta did not blast DC. If you can get a hold of the Houston Chronicle there is a very small article where Dunta gives his honest opinion about DC. (In my opinion this is not considered bashing)

And this is NOT what people are talking about.

Dunta was on Cold Pizza and Dana Jacobson asked about David Carr and Dunta came right out and said it was time he was traded and that he hadn't lived up to expectations and several other things.

I have not seen that video clip posted, yet.

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm not sure why you think Drob did not bash DC on cold pizza this week...In other news, cornerback Dunta Robinson visited the set of ESPN's Cold Pizza Wednesday morning and offered some harsh criticism of quarterback David Carr.

"He just hasn't gotten the job done for us," Robinson said. "We haven't been able to win games. We haven't been able to get over that hump, which was the reason why he was drafted. It's one of those business situations where you hate to see a guy like that go, but it's probably best for the team if it does happen."

So, whether you agree with what he did (as many on the board do) or disagree with what he did (as I do), there is no doubt that he threw a team mate under the bus and that is why this thread is so hot and why so many have such a strong opinion about it.

You are entitled to your opinion. But that is exactly what it is an Opinion. what Dunta said is the opinion of many fans, players (Eric Moulds also finally spoke on the situation) the media, and for some management. If management was sure DC was the right answer there would have been no mention AT ALL of a possible trade talk or as they say"leaving options open" when it came to DC.

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 02:02 PM

Dunta was on Cold Pizza and Dana Jacobson asked about David Carr and Dunta came right out and said it was time he was traded and that he hadn't lived up to expectations and several other things.

Ok it's not the TV Clip from Cold Pizza. The comments in the paper still express how he feels. Gosh, first people want a change but the first time somone has the balls to say something about a quarterback that has not had a winning season in 5 years needs a change people explode! DC does need a change, the players need a change, and the Fans need and want Change! Living up to expectations, no he hasn't. As you know in any professional sport if you don't live up to expectations teams make a change. What's so special about DC? Him being traded dosen't mean he's a bad man, just not a great quarterback for the Texans.

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 02:06 PM

Not to be 2 picky, but a lot of the people making negative comments have not even seen the interview. This is second maybe third hand quotes. A person can speak honestly and be humble in what they say. It's not what you say it's how you say it.

real
03-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Not to be 2 picky, but a lot of the people making negative comments have not even seen the interview. This is second maybe third hand quotes. A person can speak honestly and be humble in what they say. It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Most of the people who disagree with you, are avid Carr supporters.

It has nothing to do with Dunta, and everything to do with the fact that he made the comments about Carr.

Had he called out the punter people would have gotten a KICK out of it.

HJam72
03-01-2007, 02:09 PM

Yeah, so (&^% you. :winky:

TEXANRED
03-01-2007, 02:10 PM
You are entitled to your opinion. But that is exactly what it is an Opinion. what Dunta said is the opinion of many fans, players (Eric Moulds also finally spoke on the situation) the media, and for some management. If management was sure DC was the right answer there would have been no mention AT ALL of a possible trade talk or as they say"leaving options open" when it came to DC.

You wanna hear something thats funny, I respect what Moulds said more than DRob.

Just B/C he is a seasoned vet and has been around numorous QB's and the fact he was always around Carr.

The Pencil Neck
03-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Ok it's not the TV Clip from Cold Pizza. The comments in the paper still express how he feels. Gosh, first people want a change but the first time somone has the balls to say something about a quarterback that has not had a winning season in 5 years needs a change people explode! DC does need a change, the players need a change, and the Fans need and want Change! Living up to expectations, no he hasn't. As you know in any professional sport if you don't live up to expectations teams make a change. What's so special about DC? Him being traded dosen't mean he's a bad man, just not a great quarterback for the Texans.

I totally agreed with everything that Dunta said on Cold Pizza and I've said much, much more than that in here myself. I think David is a complete and total liability as a QB.

But...

Dunta making the comments that he made struck me as being the wrong thing to say at the wrong time. I was watching Cold Pizza when he made his statements and I just don't think that you should go to the public with statements like that (even though I loved hearing it). I don't think that MAKING those comments to the media creates divisions in the locker room; I think it just shows us (the fans) the divisions that exist that we don't normally see.

But, if we really are shopping Carr, then this is not the time to show those divisions to the public. We don't want to sour any deal we might get for him. This just made our FO's job harder.

real
03-01-2007, 02:13 PM
You wanna hear something thats funny, I respect what Moulds said more than DRob.

Just B/C he is a seasoned vet and has been around numorous QB's and the fact he was always around Carr.

That is funny...

Seeing as how they said the same thing...

:crazy:

The Pencil Neck
03-01-2007, 02:14 PM

And I posted this after hearing the interview, but what struck me was Dunta's attitude when he made the comments. He didn't strike me as trying to be hateful or spiteful or anything. He seemed like a sincere and honest kid; he seemed like a good guy who's just tired of losing.

I don't particularly like throwing someone under the bus (even if they deserve it) and I didn't like the timing of the comments wrt free agency and possible trades in the works.

TEXANRED
03-01-2007, 02:15 PM
:crazy:

:confused:

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 02:16 PM

Still dosen't change the fact that he spoke out against DC. Plain and simple. He dosen't have to deal with it anymore because he's not a Texan anymore. But the other players have to continue to deal with it.

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 02:23 PM
And I posted this after hearing the interview, but what struck me was Dunta's attitude when he made the comments. He didn't strike me as trying to be hateful or spiteful or anything. He seemed like a sincere and honest kid; he seemed like a good guy who's just tired of losing.

I don't particularly like throwing someone under the bus (even if they deserve it) and I didn't like the timing of the comments wrt free agency and possible trades in the works.

I agree with you because that is how he truly is. He's not hateful or spiteful or anything. He is a very honest and sincere person, that is tired of losing. I firmly believe Quarterbacks are the Center Part of the Team. (they keep the team together) He never said DC sucks or he was finished. he just said a change was needed for everyone.

HJam72
03-01-2007, 02:25 PM
he just said a change was needed for everyone.

I'm glad he feels that way, because he and about 5 other guys may be the only players left on this team really soon, lol.

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah, so (&^% you. :winky:

I didn't catch that one? :fight:

real
I agree with you because that is how he truly is. He's not hateful or spiteful or anything. He is a very honest and sincere person, that is tired of losing. I firmly believe Quarterbacks are the Center Part of the Team. (they keep the team together) He never said DC sucks or he was finished. he just said a change was needed for everyone.

Do you know D-Rob personally ?

Texan_Bill
All I can say is:

Good Job DRob:
I don't have a problem with a player calling out another player, either maliciously or sincerely. If it needs to be said - say it.....

Bad Job DRob
First, before you say what you need to say, lets look at the situation and not do anything to screw up the works in trying to deal Carr.
Second, you are a pretty good corner, but its not as though you had a stellar season.

HJam72
03-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I didn't catch that one? :fight:

Wasn't intended for anybody. I just thought it was funny.

Double Barrel
03-01-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm more concerned about David Carr's feelings. They could be hurt now. :howdy:

The Pencil Neck
03-01-2007, 02:29 PM

Damn.

I hadn't thought about that at all.

I'm really bummed now.

Thanks a lot.

HJam72
03-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Let's assume that David stays this year. How many beers will his wife wear? How many drunks will she beat up? :drunk:

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm glad he feels that way, because he and about 5 other guys may be the only players left on this team really soon, lol.

U never know what can happen, but since there is not a lot of money to work with, the Texans need to build on what they do have for next season, and not something everyone is still waiting to see. Let's get this show on the road! If DC is back I just hope and pray I eat my words today, because I really want this team to be a Winner! ..

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Wasn't intended for anybody. I just thought it was funny.

Ha Ha I got U!:marionaner:

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 02:38 PM

Yes I do, and please no more questions on that subject. Thanks

HJam72
03-01-2007, 02:40 PM

Ex-girlfriend or current? :secret:

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Ex-girlfriend or current? :secret:

:texan:
Neither.

TEXANRED
03-01-2007, 02:50 PM

Good, then he knows how I felt after the second Titan game and haveing to walk down the ramp from the 600's with all the VY lovers.

real
03-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Good, then he knows how I felt after the second Titan game and haveing to walk down the ramp from the 600's with all the VY lovers.

LMAO!!!

real
03-01-2007, 02:54 PM

I think you are D-Rob.

HJam72
03-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I thought I was D-Rob? :confused:

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 02:57 PM
I think you are D-Rob.

LOL...That's Funny :elmo:

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 02:59 PM
I thought I was D-Rob? :confused:

That's even funnier!!:tomato: :stooges:

Hulk75
03-01-2007, 03:00 PM

Well if Carr spoke up and said what he felt the last 5 years TO THE MEDIA, he would be a jerk just like your buddy, tell him I said that wont you.

He was not here from the start, he has no clue what went on here from day one, year after year after year I saw OLineman going to other teams, and guys we should have drafted go through our pick. He has had how many QB coaches? 7! How many OC's, How many guys in the NFL can say they have had 10 different starting Left Tackles in just 5 years. Maybe Dunta will get his wish? Who knows but he looks like an smart guy right now because what if he does not leave? Your boy ever stopped to think about that? Did he stop to realize that THEY keep asking Carr back with extentions and then going through the draft and looking at what is available and just a few days ago Adam Shafer reports that it looks like Carr will be the QB next year.

He should have called DC on his phone and said something, or does he not have the guts to talk to him, tell him what he thinks in a man to man conversation. I would figure a man that has went down 300+s times in 6 years would warrent that kind of respect.
What happens when Dunta gets burnt? Its Carrs fault in the paper the next day right. He has done nothing but stick up for his team, took the high road the one less traveled, never had any faults with anybody.

Lets set this up, since you know your guy and I know mine. Have Dunta Call him up and discuss this, they are still teammates.

Lets put it this way, every season every article is all about Carr every year, it does not matter what any of the other guys do, to the media, it is all on the Carr. What will they do if they get another QB and he does not workout? Who to blame then?

If Rob is looking for a guy to hang out with and drink beers you can forget it.

Second Honeymoon
03-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Well if Carr spoke up and said what he felt the last 5 years TO THE MEDIA, he would be a jerk just like your buddy, tell him I said that wont you.

He was not here from the start, he has no clue what went on here from day one, year after year after year I saw OLineman going to other teams, and guys we should have drafted go through our pick. He has had how many QB coaches? 7! How many OC's, How many guys in the NFL can say they have had 10 different starting Left Tackles in just 5 years. Maybe Dunta will get his wish? Who knows but he looks like an smart guy right now because what if he does not leave? Your boy ever stopped to think about that? Did he stop to realize that THEY keep asking Carr back with extentions and then going through the draft and looking at what is available and just a few days ago Adam Shafer reports that it looks like Carr will be the QB next year.

He should have called DC on his phone and said something, or does he not have the guts to talk to him, tell him what he thinks in a man to man conversation. I would figure a man that has went down 300+s times in 6 years would warrent that kind of respect.
What happens when Dunta gets burnt? Its Carrs fault in the paper the next day right. He has done nothing but stick up for his team, took the high road the one less traveled, never had any faults with anybody.

Lets set this up, since you know your guy and I know mine. Have Dunta Call him up and discuss this, they are still teammates.

Lets put it this way, every season every article is all about Carr every year, it does not matter what any of the other guys do, to the media, it is all on the Carr. What will they do if they get another QB and he does not workout? Who to blame then?

your brother is a scrub...dunta just told the truth...if you want to crucify him for hurting Carr's 'trade value LOL' than that is valid but don't slam him for telling the truth

just keep blaming everyone else but Carr.....it's all we have heard for 5 years running.

one good thing about getting rid of Carr is that we wont have to hear all the lame excuses for another 5 years from you and the rest of the Carr zombies. We wont have to hear anymore from some of you and you can go ply your trade elsewhere. Maybe they have fan forums in NFL Europe or the Arena League because based on the amount of interest NFL teams have in David that is where he is heading.

we can finally get back to talking about football and not all this David Carr grabass

Second Honeymoon
03-01-2007, 03:10 PM

yeah, i bet. Carr punches in and punches out on the time clock and then heads home. he is too good to hang out and bond with his teammates. he is probably too much of a candyass to do anything with his lowly teammates...I am sure DC feels they are beneath him and destined to go to hell for drinking a beer....

have fun on the Arena League forums, Hulk75....werent you supposed to stop posting anyway...

Honoring Earl 34
03-01-2007, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE][/QUHe should have called DC on his phone and said something, or does he not have the guts to talk to him, tell him what he thinks in a man to man conversation. I would figure a man that has went down 300+s times in 6 years would warrent that kind of respect.
OTE]

Well it's obvious getting sacked does'nt warrant respect .

Maybe he thinks he should'nt be getting sacked all the time and that's the problem . Maybe he thinks David does'nt get it .

Carr's had one OC the majority of the time .

Who cares about excuses ... you either get it done or you get fired ... that's life .

leachmtb
03-01-2007, 03:23 PM

Why not tell David to call up D-Rob and talk about it. We always look for the offender to come to us, but we never think to go to the offender. I don't care if what D-Rob said was wrong or right. If David wants to prove that he's a leader, then be a freaking leader and give D-Rob a call, and hash it out as men. I think David's a good guy and all, and I have no problems with him as a person, but why not give D-Rob a call and listen to his worries, and then go to work with him to become the best.

That's just my $.02. I work with a lot of college kids, and they all do the same thing. They want the other person to fix the problem. No one gains respect by sitting there hoping that someone else fixes the issue. Tell David to go seek reconciliation, and maybe then he can prove D-Rob wrong.

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 03:25 PM

This is not something new to DC. The look of frustration and disappointment from his coaches, teammates, and fans is nothing new. Get over it. Put DC with a football team that has all the right guys and I really hope he does succeed, (Honestly). After 5 years of taking the abuse of being sacked and criticism and not the right coaches or players wouldn't he want to go to another team? He's the Quarterback. He has that prestigious glorified title. (When winning) A true quarterback leader would put the team on his shoulders; show some emotion on the field, on sidelines, in the media, to the fans, and in his play. No everyone is not the same, but I've never seen a Man Smile after Losing. If he does come back I just hope he produces and Wins, (show some true leadership skills, show why you are the face of the franchise, play like youíre tired of losing, make Things Happen! put some points on the board) that's all. No one is expecting him to be superman (no one can be):texflag:

GP
03-01-2007, 03:27 PM
I bet we have a deal worked out with Miami since they released JH.

Makes sense.

Dom Capers is there, and probably would lobby the Miami FO very heavily to get DC on their team.

After all, Dom got royally screwed by the Texans (sarcasm) and he feels the need to rescue other puppies from being taken to the pound (sarcasm).

Wouldn't that be fitting? DC and Dom, together again...

TEXANRED
03-01-2007, 03:30 PM

Calm down Hulk your getting to excited.

Dunta never said he sucked and even wished him well in the future.

Everyone has experienced a moment in life where things are not working out and a change of scenery is for the best.

I hope David does go somewhere and be a HOF QB, but it won't be here.

He is always going to have VY in the back of his mind, he is always going to have the media bashing him, the fans booing him, people coming up to him on the street to tell him how much he sucks.

Both the Texans and David Carr need a fresh start.

Just my opinion.

leachmtb
03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Makes sense.

Dom Capers is there, and probably would lobby the Miami FO very heavily to get DC on their team.

After all, Dom got royally screwed by the Texans (sarcasm) and he feels the need to rescue other puppies from being taken to the pound (sarcasm).

I was actually thinking about this sort of trade, but with Babin. I don't think that he will excell here, and I think I remember hearing that Miami is looking for OLB's. I don't know, I could be wrong about that, but my hope is that Babin is traded to them, because I think he has more value to Capers.

texans83
03-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Makes sense.

there ment for each other but if he does go then I hope they both win, they are both good people and they both want to win. BUT, if it comes down to it I would like to kick their @$$ in the superbowl in 08!!!!

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Calm down Hulk your getting to excited.

Dunta never said he sucked and even wished him well in the future.

Everyone has experienced a moment in life where things are not working out and a change of scenery is for the best.

I hope David does go somewhere and be a HOF QB, but it won't be here.

He is always going to have VY in the back of his mind, he is always going to have the media bashing him, the fans booing him, people coming up to him on the street to tell him how much he sucks.

Both the Texans and David Carr need a fresh start.

Just my opinion.

Thanks, I have to agree with ya :highfive:

cuppacoffee
03-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Yep. That's a little too harsh.

But Dunta's starting to not shy away from the press, and now maybe his comments late in the season are now reflecting his feelings at this time.

Et tu Dunta'.

Might want to look at the reflection in the mirror.

His rookie season was his best so far.

IMHO that is.

:coffee:

texans83
03-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Et tu Dunta'.

IMHO that is.

i know I think he is getting a little big headed, when people are talking about us getting a 2nd tier corner im thinking to myself that daunte should be a good second tier corner only we dont have one better than him. But on another team thats exactly what he would be. I get so pissed when I play Madden the man can hit but can catch the ball to save his life!!!

JAXwithanX
03-01-2007, 03:41 PM

The reason he didn't talk to Carr personally is probably because he is a rational human being. He wants Carr out, not to warn him that he wants him out. Calling Carr to tell him, hey man....want you out, does absolutely nothing....it's dumb.

Now whether he should have said it nationally to the media is the real question....but all the **** about the fact he should have called Carr is just misplaced focus and quite frankly retarded. Because he didn't call him has nothing to do with the fact he isn't a man, and more to do with the fact that there is absolutely no point in calling someone to tell them you don't like them....either personally or as a team mate. In short, it solves nothing. In his eyes (and many others) the problem is Carr being here still, not whether Carr knows that.

It comes down to winning games and our very marginal defense is the only thing that kept us in games....the most clear indicator of this is to go look up our total offense, and see that we are ranked substantially lower than teams we actually finished ahead of in overall record. The check out total defense and see that we ranked higher than teams that finished with a better record than us....

Point is....our lack of offense cost us more games than our shortcomings on D.

I don't know Dunta personally....but i think it is fairly safe to assume he doesn't care about having beers with David Carr at this point....so I'll save you the questionable anticipation.

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Et tu Dunta'.

IMHO that is.

Everyone needs to look in the mirror and step it up. D-Rob is doing that. :highfive:

JAXwithanX
03-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Et tu Dunta'.

IMHO that is.

You don't have to be a star player to have the right to want your team to get better. Dunta didn't single-handedly lose us games last year (rarely is that possible for a CB....just like they can rarely single handedly win you games). But a QB can do those things....thus the pressure of being one. You can single-handedly drive your team to victory and all the glory that comes with it....or you can consistently not show any progress as a QB and substantially affect your team's chances to win....all single-handedly. Its a bitter-sweet situation being a QB....some thrive and some don't.

But the point is....Dunta doesn't have to be the best player in the league or even team to want positive change for the team....and the fact he was on Cold Pizza and should help show the fact that he is indeed one of our best players....and I personally believe was only expressing the sentiment of a majority of the team....not just himself (which is the difference between what he did and what a WR like TO or Keyshawn does when he speaks out against his QB). Dunta's individual performance is not tied to David Carr....so you can't say he was being selfish in wanting him out....just that he wants to win....and thats what he thinks is best....

.....along with a good portion of the team (I admit....this is an assumption although I think a fairly rational one).

Ole Miss Texan
03-01-2007, 04:00 PM
So what would that trade deal with Miami look like?

Swap 1st round picks and give them Carr? :sarcasm:

TexasJedi
03-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Makes sense.

It would bother me a bit to see David go to Miami and have success with Cam Cameron since the Texans could have hired him last year.

humbleone
03-01-2007, 04:22 PM

You can try to excuse it all you want with the above arguments and I can respect you for believing he did the right thing for what he said (even if I disagree) but it I don't see how you can call it my "opinion" that DRob threw DC under the bus...looks like fact to me and btw everyone else on the MB regardless of which side of this debate they are on.

Let me ask you this, what does throwing a team mate under the bus look like if it is not what Drob did? And, since you say you know him, I will make a bet with you...he will hear (or has already heard) that the Texan FO is not interested in having any TO like mouths on the team and that thanks to him their opportunity to help the team and to do their jobs has been hurt.

Double Barrel
03-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Is this "bus" y'all keep talking about the short one? :confused:

tsip
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM

Where do you get 6 yrs and 300+? I can see where you're a lot like David and wish him well...

Spled
03-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Bottom line, Carr wasn't on the field when Young celebrated in our stadium after a walk off touchdown where he wasn't even touched. He wasn't on the field when our defense made J.P. Losman look like Joe Montana. If you're going to point fingers you have to look in a mirror.

SESupergenius
03-01-2007, 04:54 PM
oh man the difference of opinion are all over the place on this one. Dunta casting stones, that's a good one. I can see possibly Moulds, but not Dunta. Although what Dunta said was exactly "David Carr sucks and will never be a good QB." Dunta was just saying that Carr has been in a tough situation (a growing team) and deserves a fresh start with another team. It wasn't THAT bad, people are blowing it up though.

I'm pretty sure David Carr can say the same thing about Dunta and pretty much everyone else on this team. But then again some people understand the term "team." Who know, maybe Carr and Dunta actually get along and Carr understands where he is coming from. Carr should be allowed to do the same and not take the high road so much and assign blame all around.

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 05:04 PM
You can try to excuse it all you want with the above arguments and I can respect you for believing he did the right thing for what he said (even if I disagree) but it I don't see how you can call it my "opinion" that DRob threw DC under the bus...looks like fact to me and btw everyone else on the MB regardless of which side of this debate they are on.

Let me ask you this, what does throwing a team mate under the bus look like if it is not what Drob did? And, since you say you know him, I will make a bet with you...he will hear (or has already heard) that the Texan FO is not interested in having any TO like mouths on the team and that thanks to him their opportunity to help the team and to do their jobs has been hurt.

It's an opinion because it's not a fact. Regardless of who disagrees or agrees. (FO, other teams) It is what it is when it comes to DC stats. If a team wants him they will chose him regardless of what personal opinions are out there. There have been opinions from the media and fans wayyyyy before D-Rob said anything, and to top it all off if the FO thought that he was the best thing for the Texans we wouldn't be having this discussion now. After the season the GM said they were looking for ways to improve the football team at quarterback and other positions. Throwing a teammate under the bus is what TO did. (Starting fights with team members and talking smack not just about the QB but the coaches) that is not what D-Rob did nor is what he intended to do. He just gave his honest Opinion. (Opinions is all it is) Looking at the Texans record and the personal accomplishments of DC with the Texans it's leaning more towards fact.

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Bottom line, Carr wasn't on the field when Young celebrated in our stadium after a walk off touchdown where he wasn't even touched. He wasn't on the field when our defense made J.P. Losman look like Joe Montana. If you're going to point fingers you have to look in a mirror.

No DC wasn't on the field (but did he make a difference on the outcome? No) As I recall D-Rob scored the last points on the Buffalo game at home. Like I said before No One can point fingers without looking in the mirror. D-rob is looking in the mirror. He wants the Texans franchise to become a winner and he's doing what he needs to do to make sure that he can contribute to that goal.

humbleone
03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
oh man the difference of opinion are all over the place on this one. Dunta casting stones, that's a good one. I can see possibly Moulds, but not Dunta. Although what Dunta said was exactly "David Carr sucks and will never be a good QB." Dunta was just saying that Carr has been in a tough situation (a growing team) and deserves a fresh start with another team. It wasn't THAT bad, people are blowing it up though.

I'm pretty sure David Carr can say the same thing about Dunta and pretty much everyone else on this team. But then again some people understand the term "team." Who know, maybe Carr and Dunta actually get along and Carr understands where he is coming from. Carr should be allowed to do the same and not take the high road so much and assign blame all around.

For the record, this is what he said:

In other news, cornerback Dunta Robinson visited the set of ESPN's Cold Pizza Wednesday morning and offered some harsh criticism of quarterback David Carr.

Bottomline, Drob gets paid to play CB not coach the team, manage the team or be the media's favorite interview. There is nothing wrong with him having the opinions he has about DC or any other move he thinks would make the team better but he should vent those to the coach of the GM not the media.

No way this nonsense has not hurt the team. I am willing at this point to give him the benefit of the doubt and just chalk it up to very poor judgement and a hopefully one-time selfish endulgence and not something worse such as the beginning of a "TO like" thing.

Frankly, I am very interested in what Kubiak, Smith and Drob have to say next about this...my prediction is that this deal is not over yet. And, Drob will earn a bit of my respect back if he does what real men do when they make a mistake (which we all do) and (1) admit he made a mistake (2) promise that it will never happen again. If he truely does only want what is best for the team and has any respect for Kubiak and Smith, that is exactly what he should do.

Double Barrel
03-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Bottom line, Carr wasn't on the field when Young celebrated in our stadium after a walk off touchdown where he wasn't even touched.

For reference in that Titans game, Carr was on the field and had a chance to regain the lead late in regulation (4th qtr.), but stalled and settled for a 46-yard field goal by Kris Brown that tied it at 20 with 2:09 remaining. The Texans got the ball back with 0:53 on the clock, but the head coach did not believe Carr's offense could run a two minute drill so they downed the ball (not the first time it happened in 2006, either). Although we were deep in our own territory, so it's understandable in some ways.

Houston - 3:31
1st-10, HOU39 3:31 D. Carr passed to A. Johnson down the middle for 4 yard gain
2nd-6, HOU43 3:31 D. Carr passed to A. Johnson to the left for 21 yard gain
1st-10, TEN36 3:22 W. Lundy rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
2nd-8, TEN34 2:47 D. Carr incomplete pass down the middle
3rd-8, TEN34 2:42 D. Carr passed to A. Johnson to the right for 6 yard gain
4th-2, TEN28 2:09 K. Brown kicked a 46-yard field goal

The key is that we have more receivers than just AJ, but obviously they did not catch Carr's eye at the time.

But acting like we lost that game solely because of defense and Carr had no control on the outcome is wearing blinders. It wasn't ALL any one person's fault that we lost, but they should all share the blame (including coaches *cough*RichardSmith!*cough*)

The Pencil Neck
03-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Et tu Dunta'.

He looked in the mirror and saw Carr fumbling the ball over his shoulder.

That's why he's so ticked.

humbleone
03-01-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm gonna call you Mr.Morals from now on.

Good one X...made me smile. We are on different sides on this Drob thing but you have the best avitar ever and some very good insights in your posts which I enjoy (even the ones that I disagree with).

Honoring Earl 34
03-01-2007, 05:23 PM

In other news, cornerback Dunta Robinson visited the set of ESPN's Cold Pizza Wednesday morning and offered some harsh criticism of quarterback David Carr.

Bottomline, Drob gets paid to play CB not coach the team, manage the team or be the media's favorite interview. There is nothing wrong with him having the opinions he has about DC or any other move he thinks would make the team better but he should vent those to the coach of the GM not the media.

No way this nonsense has not hurt the team. I am willing at this point to give him the benefit of the doubt and just chalk it up to very poor judgement and a hopefully one-time selfish endulgence and not something worse such as the beginning of a "TO like" thing.

Frankly, I am very interested in what Kubiak, Smith and Drob have to say next about this...my prediction is that this deal is not over yet. And, Drob will earn a bit of my respect back if he does what real men do when they make a mistake (which we all do) and (1) admit he made a mistake (2) promise that it will never happen again. If he truely does only want what is best for the team and has any respect for Kubiak and Smith, that is exactly what he should do.

I'd bet Drob has a lot more support from his teamates than some of you think .

I bet the FO considers Drob more valuable than Carr .

Double Barrel
03-01-2007, 05:26 PM
I'd bet Drob has a lot more support from his teamates than some of you think .

I bet the FO considers Drob more valuable than Carr .

I do not recall the FO saying publicly that we are entertaining offers on D.Rob, either. I'm sure they'll listen to any offer, but that has not been made public, and it's clear that he's never been bait on the trade block.

D.Rob just said what 90% of fans (and probably players) are already thinking.

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 05:30 PM

That's why I love the US. A person can speak their opinion (how they feel) without being tortured, burned at the steak or worse having to wear a Scarlet Letter.. Oops that was in the US not so long ago!:hunter:

powerfuldragon
03-01-2007, 05:34 PM
You are Dunta Robinson and i claim my $5.

I think you are D-Rob.

Where's my money.

Robinson79
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Where's my money.

I"LL PAY UP, LET ME GET CHANGE FOR A $10 :poker:

TEXANRED
Where's my money.

You didn't say it right. You need to say it like:

"Where's my money Foo"

Just like Mr.T.

Honoring Earl 34
Where's my money.

He'll pay you to be his bodygaurd cause Hulk's gonna kick his butt .

If you were a Komoto Dragon instead of a Powerful Dragon ... you'd be OK .

powerfuldragon
03-01-2007, 05:39 PM
If you were a Komoto Dragon instead of a Powerful Dragon ... you'd be OK .

They have one of those at the zoo. It's huge.

Honoring Earl 34
03-01-2007, 05:40 PM
They have one of those at the zoo. It's huge.

You know how they kill right ?

powerfuldragon
03-01-2007, 05:42 PM
bacteria from their mouths.

Hervoyel
03-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Ultimately I think this is nothing more than a sign that Dunta is done here. I don't think he cares about staying here anymore. Based on his comments and the knowlege that speaking out about things that are wrong with the Texans leads to getting shown the door I believe he's fine with whatever the team decides to do about his comments.

They wouldn't cut Dunta of course. They aren't about to just kick him to the curb like they would an older player. At the very worst they'll trade him for someone nowhere near his value or for a second day pick.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-01-2007, 06:04 PM
D.Rob just said what 90% of fans (and probably players) are already thinking.

100% in agreement.

humbleone
03-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Ultimately I think this is nothing more than a sign that Dunta is done here. I don't think he cares about staying here anymore. Based on his comments and the knowlege that speaking out about things that are wrong with the Texans leads to getting shown the door I believe he's fine with whatever the team decides to do about his comments.

They wouldn't cut Dunta of course. They aren't about to just kick him to the curb like they would an older player. At the very worst they'll trade him for someone nowhere near his value or for a second day pick.

Sadly, I think you could very well be correct. And if so, and this was not an error in judgement but a sign of "I just don't care anymore" than he not only does not want to be on the Texans but does not want what is best for them either. And, this attitude, if true, would force Kubiak's and Smith's hand I believe. Being an optimist and a fan of Drob in the past, maybe the situation is really not that bad regarding his respect for the organization that drafted him.

potisyourfriend
03-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Please D-Rob tell the Texans it's either me or DC that has to go..

Hulk75
03-01-2007, 08:38 PM
No DC wasn't on the field (but did he make a difference on the outcome? No) As I recall D-Rob scored the last points on the Buffalo game at home. Like I said before No One can point fingers without looking in the mirror. D-rob is looking in the mirror. He wants the Texans franchise to become a winner and he's doing what he needs to do to make sure that he can contribute to that goal.

Yea he worked hard for that lolly pop didnt he. Fact is SR, MAM, Dunta did not get it done either so why is it his right to say something like he did? I guess it is hard for Dunta to ply CB if he does not have a good CB on the other side or a Pass Rush in front of him, I guess he needs to have guys around him to play better for him to succeed, QBs are the same way even more so then CBs.

Just wait, Dunta keeps up his record pace of ints he is on, and he will be on the other side of the fence, it is not fun over here, when everything is your fault, NO MATTER what.

bckey
03-01-2007, 09:47 PM

I hope your wrong Herv. I'd like to think that the players want to make damn sure McNair knows that they along with most fans think it is time for Carr to go. It is time for a change. Just too bad they waited a year longer than 90% of the fans would have waited.

The kick in the nuts to all this is the Texans would already have a new qb if McNair would have left "must believe in Carr" out of the head coach hiring process.

Second Honeymoon
03-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Yea he worked hard for that lolly pop didnt he. Fact is SR, MAM, Dunta did not get it done either so why is it his right to say something like he did? I guess it is hard for Dunta to ply CB if he does not have a good CB on the other side or a Pass Rush in front of him, I guess he needs to have guys around him to play better for him to succeed, QBs are the same way even more so then CBs.

Just wait, Dunta keeps up his record pace of ints he is on, and he will be on the other side of the fence, it is not fun over here, when everything is your fault, NO MATTER what.

your brother is a crappy QB....deal with it and move on to the Arena League forums...your bro will be there next

Honoring Earl 34
03-01-2007, 10:41 PM

I bet if Dunta made Carr's money more folks would be on his butt .

For the record Dunta's a better CB than Carr's a QB .

You don't have to be in the locker room to figure out that some players lost confidence in their QB .

tsip
03-01-2007, 10:55 PM

This just isn't fair--first, we've got to watch your brother play...then, we've got to listen to you take up for him...are you that bored?

Hervoyel
03-01-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't think Dunta is trying to "grease the rails" to get him out of town as quick as possible or anything like that. I just think he's reached that "enough is enough" point and he's going to speak his mind regardless of the consequences. He can't be ignorant of what happens to guys who speak out like that on this team. Not after being here for four years. I'm sure he knows that this could be the first step towards a new address. I just think that he's past that whole "The Texans picked me! I'm a Houston Texan!" phase where he wants to get this team to the Super Bowl and has some romantic notion of spending his whole HOF career with one team. The Texans are a reality check for that sort of junk. If he ever had any illusions he's let them go.

I imagine if you're Dunta Robinson (or Andre Johnson, or any of the 3-5 guys we have who could probably play for most anyone else in the league) then you're ok with playing somewhere else by now if this doesn't get resolved. Being a year-in-year-out loser isn't any fun.

mexican_texan
03-01-2007, 11:13 PM
I like how so many guys say we need a guy like Chad Johnson who would bring swagger to the team and speaks his mind, then turn around and diss D-Rob.

Napa Auto Parts
03-02-2007, 12:49 AM
J.P. Losman look like Joe Montana. If you're going to point fingers you have to look in a mirror.

D. Carr Play made JP Look like montana when you go back and look at the game.

SamuraiSword
03-02-2007, 02:07 AM

Maybe Dunta is just tired of how the defense works so hard to keep the opposite team offense in check then lose because DC couldn't throw a TD if his life depended on it. There were times when the defense did great in keeping the other team from scoring. Then Carr just couldn't get his job done. I give you an example was the Giants game.....:bubble:

SamuraiSword
03-02-2007, 02:07 AM
I like how so many guys say we need a guy like Chad Johnson who would bring swagger to the team and speaks his mind, then turn around and diss D-Rob.

Love the avatar dude. Dogma was a good movie.

ledzeppelin229
03-02-2007, 02:11 AM
The defense had to start most games knowing that the passing game was going to get them in trouble at some point. Not to mention the fumbles. We lost several games due to Carr's inability to avoid multiple turnovers (see Tenn v1.0 and NE - those are the two that stand out the most.). And let's not forget what DC's "good games" looked like - aka, don't screw up and let the running game/defense try to keep us moving forward.

Roughnecks
03-02-2007, 02:11 AM
I really do not see the problem with him calling him out we need this more often. Call a player out if the are not pulling their weight I know when I played football or baseball and a guy did not do what was practiced day in and out he got call out and sometimes there was some punches thrown granted there was media in high school. I you are tired of losing you have to rock the boat sometimes. Please no Viking jokes please.

Johnny Utah
03-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Dunta calling out Carr is a good move. Now the rest of his teammates need to do the same thing.

TEXANRED
03-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Dunta calling out Carr is a good move. Now the rest of his teammates need to do the same thing.

Dunta calls out Carr for bad play, then AJ calls out Dunta cus he keeps tripping over his own two feet, Then Williams calls out Flanagan cus he can't block a stone statue, then O.D. calls out his coaching staff for not getting him more involved in the game, and so on, and so forth.

This is like Pandora's box.

Next thing you know you have the same situation that the Giants have. A bunch of overpaid over hyped hot heads running there mouth in the media.

Thats one thing we don't need.

threetoedpete
03-02-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm excited....

I'm happy D-Rob is pushing the issue....

I would imagine he's not the only player who feels this way...

I find it really hard to imagine Carr being brought back as the QB of this team, especially after those comments....

There is no issue except for you guys making one. DC is going to be your starter in '07. There is no one they feel who is better out there. That's what I'm reading between the lines. Their only option at this point is to by pass All Day and take Quinn. They're not bringing in a vet to let someone sit and groom behind. Untill I hear diferently..DC is your starter. I posted three seasons ago that Danta would be the first one out the barn once he gets his chance. This sets him up nicly to bolt once the barn door gets a crack in it. The chronicle is at it's best when the team is at it's worst.

threetoedpete
03-02-2007, 09:11 AM
I don't think Dunta is trying to "grease the rails" to get him out of town as quick as possible or anything like that. I just think he's reached that "enough is enough" point and he's going to speak his mind regardless of the consequences. He can't be ignorant of what happens to guys who speak out like that on this team. Not after being here for four years. I'm sure he knows that this could be the first step towards a new address. I just think that he's past that whole "The Texans picked me! I'm a Houston Texan!" phase where he wants to get this team to the Super Bowl and has some romantic notion of spending his whole HOF career with one team. The Texans are a reality check for that sort of junk. If he ever had any illusions he's let them go.

I imagine if you're Dunta Robinson (or Andre Johnson, or any of the 3-5 guys we have who could probably play for most anyone else in the league) then you're ok with playing somewhere else by now if this doesn't get resolved. Being a year-in-year-out loser isn't any fun.

Agreed. Didn't mean to step on your post.

real
03-02-2007, 10:01 AM

I disagree. I think it's the exact opposite.

First of all, Carr is not going to be here next season. I don't care what any reports say.

Secondly, if the Texans start trading away our young talent because they are speaking out against Carr, I'm seriously going to have to find another team to root for, and I'm sure a lot of fans would feel the same way.

Last, that would send the wrong message to the rest of the team. It would send a message that we don't care how badly Carr plays and how valuable of a player YOU might be, but if you speak out against Carr YOU will be gone...Basically they can kiss AJ goodbye, and every other young talented player we may have that has a desire to win.

I'm sticking to my guns. David Carr won't be a Texan next year, and if he is, it DEFINITELY won't be as a starter.

Spled
03-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Don't know if this has been put up yet. Richard Justice's column -
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/4595717.html

threetoedpete
03-02-2007, 10:22 AM

yes it has. And lucky has already removed my richard justice is gay comment also. Lucky = Justice. Inquiring minds want to know. Or is it lucky under Richard ?

Hulk75
03-02-2007, 11:03 AM
This just isn't fair--first, we've got to watch your brother play...then, we've got to listen to you take up for him...are you that bored?

Argue anything I put out here and I will leave.

real
03-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Argue anthing I but out here and I will leave.

Don't leave Hulk...Your insight is good...

No cynicism....

It's nice to have different view points...especially you being his brother and all...

Hervoyel
03-02-2007, 11:29 AM
All valid points xtruroyaltyx and really I'm just guessing like everybody else is. I don't know whether or not Carr will be here next season. Every week that goes by I have less and less of an idea what the Texans "plan" is.

Last, that would send the wrong message to the rest of the team. It would send a message that we don't care how badly Carr plays and how valuable of a player YOU might be, but if you speak out against Carr YOU will be gone...

On that statement however I think that the Texans have been sending that message since day one about Carr. I think that in 2002 and 2003 guys didn't question Carrs play (and rightfully so in an "expansion" environment). In 2004 some of the veterans who had been around for a few years started to raise some flags and not too long after that guys started getting shown the door. In 2004 our best linebacker was Jamie Sharper. Our best defensive lineman was (injuries taken out of the equation) Gary Walker. Our best player in the secondary was without a doubt Aaron Glenn.

No, they didn't all three leave here for the same reasons but two out of the three spoke out about problems on the team and all three of them left here angry.

2005 was what it was and we had a lot of turnover following that season. in 2006 Carr managed to have one of his best seasons while somehow looking worse than he'd looked in a long time. Now we get this from Dunta and combined with Moulds inexplicably being cut and saying his piece on the way out the door I have to think that this franchise hasn't changed much about it's S.O.P. where being critical of David Carr is concerned.

I want to love this team and I've been here since day one but I really don't care for the manner in which it does business.

real
03-02-2007, 11:43 AM
All valid points xtruroyaltyx and really I'm just guessing like everybody else is. I don't know whether or not Carr will be here next season. Every week that goes by I have less and less of an idea what the Texans "plan" is.

On that statement however I think that the Texans have been sending that message since day one about Carr. I think that in 2002 and 2003 guys didn't question Carrs play (and rightfully so in an "expansion" environment). In 2004 some of the veterans who had been around for a few years started to raise some flags and not too long after that guys started getting shown the door. In 2004 our best linebacker was Jamie Sharper. Our best defensive lineman was (injuries taken out of the equation) Gary Walker. Our best player in the secondary was without a doubt Aaron Glenn.

No, they didn't all three leave here for the same reasons but two out of the three spoke out about problems on the team and all three of them left here angry.

2005 was what it was and we had a lot of turnover following that season. in 2006 Carr managed to have one of his best seasons while somehow looking worse than he'd looked in a long time. Now we get this from Dunta and combined with Moulds inexplicably being cut and saying his piece on the way out the door I have to think that this franchise hasn't changed much about it's S.O.P. where being critical of David Carr is concerned.

I want to love this team and I've been here since day one but I really don't care for the manner in which it does business.

It's rare that I find a post that I 100% agree with...And I especially agree with the last line.

Porky
03-02-2007, 11:44 AM

Same here. I feel like an abused wife who keeps coming home to her drunk husband, and hoping he will change his ways and clean up and get a job, but knowing in my heart he will just continue to be a loser until he hits rock bottom again and again and again.

Texas_Thrill
03-02-2007, 11:52 AM
*beep beep beep beep* Dunta's Hummer BACKING up over Carr's face just in case he missed a spot.

Because this is the SECOND time you've heard Dunta throw your boy DC under the bus.

Double Barrel
03-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Losing fractures a team, and losing for five years straight just causes a meltdown. The results are what we see here, both with the players, as well as fans.

The Texans would be nuts to ship Dunta off for these comments, especially considering the owner, HC, and GM basically said the same things about Carr just a few weeks ago. And if it were to happen, even the most diehard Texans fanatics would be left wondering if this team will ever pull it's proverbial head out of it's business end.

You don't get rid of playmakers because they are unhappy with the performance of marginal players at important positions. You listen with the understanding that these are visible symptoms of much great issues at work.

SamuraiSword
03-02-2007, 12:53 PM

I agree with you Herv. Texans only care about Carr and not the team it seems. I do remember all those players saying something as well. Like I said if DRob gets cut or traded cause of this....baseball looks Intriguing. If Bud was still here and Carr was the QB and doing a poor job of managing a game, He would of been traded just like Warren Moon did when he wasn't producing. I will always love my Texans, but it seems they are just going downhill because of one player.

The Pencil Neck
03-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Losing fractures a team, and losing for five years straight just causes a meltdown. The results are what we see here, both with the players, as well as fans.

The Texans would be nuts to ship Dunta off for these comments, especially considering the owner, HC, and GM basically said the same things about Carr just a few weeks ago. And if it were to happen, even the most diehard Texans fanatics would be left wondering if this team will ever pull it's proverbial head out of it's business end.

You don't get rid of playmakers because they are unhappy with the performance of marginal players at important positions. You listen with the understanding that these are visible symptoms of much great issues at work.

You know, I hadn't really though about it like this before, but it really is amazing that we haven't had a lot more grousing, bitching, and finger pointing than we have.

We rool.

Porky
03-02-2007, 01:53 PM
If Bud was still here and Carr was the QB and doing a poor job of managing a game, He would of been traded just like Warren Moon did when he wasn't producing. I will always love my Texans, but it seems they are just going downhill because of one player.

Quit, your making me pine for the days of Bud Adams. I'm beginning to wonder if Mcnair will ever wake up. Seems like he is trying to build the Tabernacle boys choir instead of a football team.

Spled
03-02-2007, 02:18 PM
What would John Anthony do if he were the general manager?
http://www.twoforthemoney.net/desktops/images/tftm_06_1280.jpg

powerfuldragon
03-02-2007, 02:24 PM
What would John Anthony do if he were the general manager?
http://www.twoforthemoney.net/desktops/images/tftm_06_1280.jpg

smoke pot and slap some bongos.

TEXANRED
03-02-2007, 02:28 PM

I thought we already had this conversation with Richard in regards writting about the Texans.

Spled
03-02-2007, 02:34 PM
John Anthony would see the upside in Carr and bring him back for another season. John Anthony would invest free agent dollars in Kris Dielman to protect Carr. John Anthony would pick Landry with the first pick, a speedy receiver at 2 and a pass rusher at 3. John Anthony would stick with the running back by committee that we already have, with Dayne as the lead back.

srstex
03-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Let's look at Robinson's side of the ball, Texans gave up 22 passing TD's, that's 8 more then we threw, Texans gave up 3444 yards passing, and 5400 yards of total offense. So when a defensive player starts pointing fingers it only means one thing, he's trying to make sure no one looks his way. Our defense is worse then our offense, so look at the film, watch the stats, listen to the writers that never played, it all boils down to the TEAM needs to improve and that includes the coaches. Our best RB was bad, our best pass catcher went to the pro-bowl, and no defensive player went ( although the pro bowl is nothing but a popularity contest anyway ).

Texan_Bill
03-02-2007, 02:39 PM
smoke pot and slap some bongos.

Nicely done!

real
03-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Let's look at Robinson's side of the ball, Texans gave up 22 passing TD's, that's 8 more then we threw, Texans gave up 3444 yards passing, and 5400 yards of total offense. So when a defensive player starts pointing fingers it only means one thing, he's trying to make sure no one looks his way. Our defense is worse then our offense, so look at the film, watch the stats, listen to the writers that never played, it all boils down to the TEAM needs to improve and that includes the coaches. Our best RB was bad, our best pass catcher went to the pro-bowl, and no defensive player went ( although the pro bowl is nothing but a popularity contest anyway ).

You are delirious...

Hulk75
03-02-2007, 03:06 PM

Your one of the smartest guys on here.

thunderkyss
03-02-2007, 03:25 PM

"Your one of the smartest guys on here"=someone owns one of the smartest guys on here

"You're one of the smartest guys on here"=how one of the dumber guys should have posted.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-02-2007, 03:27 PM
"Your one of the smartest guys on here"=someone owns one of the smartest guys on here

"You're one of the smartest guys on here"=how one of the dumber guys should have posted.

http://www.guerillastickers.com/morans.jpg

Hulk75
03-02-2007, 03:28 PM

riiiiiiiiight?

Hey atleast you got a post out of it.

infantrycak
03-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Our defense is worse then our offense

Sure it was:

Scoring O: 28th
Scoring D: 26th

Rushing O: 21st
Rushing D: 20th

Passing O: 27th
Passing D: 22nd

Total O: 28th
Total D: 24th

Not a single category where the O performed better against the league and that's with the 1st 5 games in there. Take those out and the D's numbers shoot up the charts.

Hulk75
03-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Sure it was:

Not a single category where the O performed better against the league and that's with the 1st 5 games in there. Take those out and the D's numbers shoot up the charts.
I dont think the Defense has arrived yet do you?

Second Honeymoon
03-02-2007, 03:32 PM

That picture makes me feel great shame for being a St.Louis Cardinals fan....that mullet is freakin sweet though....

USA USA USA

infantrycak
03-02-2007, 03:32 PM

No, but they were playing much better toward the end of the year.

Double Barrel
03-02-2007, 03:33 PM

And if you adjust for the first several games that took Richard Smith awhile to figure out how to call a game, our defensive rankings look even better.

Flattery only because he agrees with you.

"If you call a tail a leg, how many legs has a dog? Five? No, calling a tail a leg don't make it a leg."
~ Abraham Lincoln

TEXANRED
03-02-2007, 03:34 PM

Not by a long shot. The Texans have a lot of work to do, first and formost is beefing up the D-line.

TEXANRED
03-02-2007, 03:36 PM
And if you adjust for the first several games that took Richard Smith awhile to figure out how to call a game, our defensive rankings look even better.

When did he learn how to call a game? Was that after he let Losman march down the field to win the game or was it when he gave VY the whole middle of the field?

Inquiering minds want to know.

Double Barrel
03-02-2007, 03:38 PM
When did he learn how to call a game? Was that after he let Losman march down the field to win the game or was it when he gave VY the whole middle of the field?

Inquiering minds want to know.

Well yeah, I don't disagree. I was just trying to be nice to Mr. Smith. :winky: I'm not a big fan if his

Second Honeymoon
03-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Sure it was:

also if you take into consideration the lack of ball control and time of possession, it really makes life hard for any defense. The defense actually made big plays and won football games for us whereas the offense was sorely lacking in big plays and lost many football games for us.

TEXANRED
03-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Well yeah, I don't disagree. I was just trying to be nice to Mr. Smith. :winky: I'm not a big fan if his

Me either.

From what I understand there is this guy in San Diego who is caoching the LB's. I heard he might be a pretty good D coach.

TEXANRED
03-02-2007, 03:45 PM

How smart can this guy be? He's Cardinal fan.

HOU-TEX
03-02-2007, 03:53 PM

How smart can this guy be? He's Cardinal fan.

With a Mullet to boot!:winky:

Porky
03-02-2007, 04:02 PM

Bartender, I'll have what he's drinking. :shots:

dirty steve
03-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Bartender, I'll have what he's drinking. :shots:
other than him saying that the defense is drastically worse than the offense, you cant really argue with what he said. Robinson hasnt really been what he was since his rookie year/Glenn left.

Dunta better not dish it unless he is scott free.

Double Barrel
03-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Dunta covers the no. 1 WR of every team we play. Unless we have a no. 2 DB worth a crap, nobody has to even throw D.Rob's way. That is the nature of coverage guys.

Comparing offense vs. defense is apples and oranges. The QB is the most important part of an offense. He handles the ball every play. The same simply can't be said about a DB. They are two completely different positions.

Battle Red Flash
03-02-2007, 05:09 PM

Hah! That's funny. And true.

OldEagle1
03-04-2007, 04:30 PM
First time Poster ever here.... I gotta say: D-Rod is a bum.

Thank you.

Kaiser Toro
03-04-2007, 04:32 PM

Thank you.

I never liked Rodman off the court either.

03-04-2007, 04:37 PM

Thank you.

ignorance isn't always bliss. i like his honesty.

Goldeagle
03-04-2007, 04:37 PM
All I saw from D-Rob this year was him raising his hands wondering what was going on instead of making a tackle.

Charter PSL Fan
03-04-2007, 04:42 PM

Thank you.

I agree with you there

tacoman_j
03-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Carr is gone. Rejoice, Rejoice!!:yahoo:

powerfuldragon
03-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Carr is gone. Rejoice, Rejoice!!:yahoo:

wtf does dunta have to do with it?