PDA

View Full Version : What about Trent Green?

Errant Hothy
02-27-2007, 05:32 PM
So KC resigned Huard today:

Chiefs | Huard agrees to deal
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:55:58 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a three-year contract with QB Damon Huard. Huard wouldn't reveal terms, but the deal is believed to be worth approximately $7.5 million. Huard was scheduled to become a free agent. The signing of Huard puts QB Trent Green's return in question.

Coupled with Coyle one thinks Trent's days in Cheif land may be numbered; so if he gets cut what about bringing him here to compete against Carr in TC?

Navy_Chris
02-27-2007, 05:34 PM
So KC resigned Huard today:

Chiefs | Huard agrees to deal
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:55:58 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a three-year contract with QB Damon Huard. Huard wouldn't reveal terms, but the deal is believed to be worth approximately $7.5 million. Huard was scheduled to become a free agent. The signing of Huard puts QB Trent Green's return in question.

Coupled with Coyle one thinks Trent's days in Cheif land may be numbered; so fi he gets cut what about bringing him here to compete against Carr in TC?

Better yet, why don't we call up that old guy who owns the bed and breakfasts in West Virginia and ask him if HE wants to play Quarterback for us??!!

Navy_Chris
02-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Better yet, why don't we call up that old guy who owns the bed and breakfasts in West Virginia and ask him if HE wants to play Quarterback for us??!!

or is it Idaho?

Errant Hothy
02-27-2007, 05:40 PM

nm.

I gather you think he's to old, so I'd take it you'd be opposed to Favre as your QB? I don't hink 33 is that old, but I might be concerned over if he had a history of concussions.

Navy_Chris
02-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Or how about we bring your mom in to play LT and LG.

If you don't like the idea atleast either a) offer reasons why or b) offer an alternative. Just because it's a message board and nobody knows who you are doesn't mean you should run your mouth like an *****.

Whoa. OK. I don't like the idea. But you could just infer that from my previous post.

Errant Hothy
02-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Whoa. OK. I don't like the idea. But you could just infer that from my previous post.

Sorry, stress at work caused me to fly of the handle a wee bit...hence the edit.

And I don't think the idea is great; but I like Green more then Plummer, and if Carr is staying I'd like to see somebody challange him ofr the starting job, and Sage ain't that person.

mexican_texan
02-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Sure. Bring him in as an assistant QB coach.

Navy_Chris
02-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Sorry, stress at work caused me to fly of the handle a wee bit...hence the edit.

And I don't hink the idea is great...I like Green more then Plummer, and if Carr is staying I'd like to see somebody challange him ofr the starting job, and Sage ain't that person.

It's all good. The Texans are a joke, which is why I tend to say stupid things like that. I'm a huge Texan fan, but this is ridiculous.

Texan_Bill
02-27-2007, 05:55 PM
nm.

I gather you think he's to old, so I'd take it you'd be opposed to Favre as your QB? I don't hink 33 is that old, but I might be concerned over if he had a history of concussions.

Age at quarterback is not as much an issue as one might think. Approximately half the QB's to start in the Super Bowl (1 through 39 - site didn't list 40 and 41) were in their 30's and quite a few at 29.

TwinSisters
02-27-2007, 06:01 PM
And I don't think the idea is great; but I like Green more then Plummer, and if Carr is staying I'd like to see somebody challange him ofr the starting job, and Sage ain't that person.

I don't like the idea of having a 15,000,000 dollar QB derby.

Carr - around 7
Sage - 1.5ish

Green is going to cost what?

Please_Evolve
02-28-2007, 01:39 AM
Green will start next year as the KC Qb. Mark it down.

I think this year with perenial starters going down and defenses getting faster and hitting harder like the RB position a good backup will be in demand.KC seriously just needs a playmaking WR to make that team go further into the playoffs. Which is what i think they will draft if the yare smart. Meachem or Smith would help them a LOT.

run-david-run
02-28-2007, 01:06 PM

I would rather have Plummer based on familiarity with Kubiak's system. Enabling us to run the whole playbook without much transition period.