PDA

View Full Version : Peek ? A cowboy ?

real
02-27-2007, 12:51 PM
IN THE KNOW

Cowboys' potential free-agent targets

Linebacker Antwan Peek, Houston Texans: An affordable 3-4 linebacker who could flourish as a rusher under Wade Phillips and might serve as insurance for the injured Greg Ellis.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/16793175.htm

real
02-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I say let him go.

El Tejano
02-27-2007, 12:54 PM
I can just see Peek pulling a Steve Foley.

TexansSeminole
02-27-2007, 01:03 PM
he fits their scheme better than ours now

Yea. I think he deserves a shot on a good 3-4 defense. I honestly believe he can be a starting linebacker...I just think he needs good defensive lineman to play with. Having Ware there with him wouldn't hurt much either.

I'd suspect him to be a backup of Ware though...Im not so sure he would start even though I think he deserves a chance.

U4ikrob
02-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Peek may have a high motor, but he doesnt show it alot of the time. I would release him, Babin and TJ. All of them IMO are under-performing overpaid guys who are leftovers from Casserly-gate. All of them were drafted to be solid pieces for our Defense & line of the future and were reached for [esp Babin & TJ] and yet none of them have produced but maybe even average NFL results since they have been here. 2 of the 3 were 1st round picks and IMO are busts and have truly under-produced to this point. They didnt produce in the 3-4 with Dom nor the current 4-3 defenses. None have had even a stand out year so far and we even traded draft picks to get Babin. :stooges: all of em

IMHO Trade em to Dom in Miami or Cut em all - get some guys in here who want to play and not just try 'Once in a while' which is what it seems like all they have done thus far.

TexansSeminole
02-27-2007, 01:07 PM
I would release him, Babin and TJ. All of them IMO are under-performing overpaid guys who are leftovers from Casserly-gate. All of them were drafted to be solid pieces for our Defense & line of the future and were reached for [esp Babin & TJ] and yet none of them have produced but maybe even average NFL results since they have been here.

Pretty sure Peek was a 3rd round pick...maybe 4th. I really don't think he was drafted to be a solid piece of the defense...more like a backup who could turn starter. Now Babin and TJ were supposed to be solid pieces...your right about that much.

TEXANS84
02-27-2007, 01:16 PM
I'd hate to lose Antwan, and I'd especially hate to lose him to the Cowgirls.

BigWig
02-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Aw you just dont want to change your avatar! In fact I need a new one too, got any ideas?

mexican_texan
02-27-2007, 04:23 PM
I'd say he's more likely to go to the Patriots.

Navy_Chris
02-27-2007, 04:29 PM
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/16793175.htm

maybe in return, we could get the exclusive rights to Michael Irvin. Or maybe Troy Aikman wants to make a comeback.....??

gsbtxn
02-27-2007, 06:18 PM
I have a Peek jersey. If he went to the Cowboys, I'd have to burn it.

dirty steve
02-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Players dont exactly have the best luck after GSB gets their jersey--b. miller, m. norris, etc. is peek the next? i wouldnt exactly miss peek personally.

Tulip
02-27-2007, 08:27 PM

That was my fearful first thought, too.

Navy_Chris
02-27-2007, 08:34 PM
That was my fearful first thought, too.

I don't see how the Girls plan to use Peek as an insurance policy for Ellis when he's hurt half of the season himself. Assuming they get him.

nunusguy
02-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Which one ? The Pro Bowler or the one who got his azz shot up by an off-duty cop ?

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't see how the Girls plan to use Peek as an insurance policy for Ellis when he's hurt half of the season himself. Assuming they get him.

They're going to schedule the injuries to minimize overlap.

run-david-run
02-27-2007, 10:23 PM

The Cowboys are probably the best team he could go to from our perspective in that we dont play them again for 4 years, so its unlikley he would come back to bite us in the *****.