PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry on the outs in TEN???

HuttoKarl
02-27-2007, 09:55 AM
He could be a nice FA target if he does get cut.

http://draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm

scroll down next to the picture of Patrick Willis for this interesting tidbit:

As for Tennessee, their deal with Travis Henry fell through on guaranteed money, so he could be a cut.....

This type of signing could make it very easy to not have to focus an early pick on a RB and use them to solidify the secondary and lines instead. He does come with some injury history, but has always been a tough runner.

Any thoughts?

TEXANRED
02-27-2007, 10:00 AM
All of the sudden our choices of available running backs are looking very good.

I would still love to get Thomas Jones but not give up a draft pick.

nunusguy
02-27-2007, 10:29 AM
"backs are a dime a dozen"

torontooilfan
02-27-2007, 10:37 AM
I think the Titans will straighten this one out. With 36M in space they have the room to manouver and I am pretty sure Reinfeldt is not going to create a hole at RB with the team on the rise.

Henry is a local boy that loves being there so I think this is one case where a hometeam discount may come into play.

TEXANRED
02-27-2007, 10:45 AM
I wanted him years ago when the Cards moved him but most of the forum just laughed at me and told me I was a fool since we were gonna be awesome with Stacey Mack...or something like that.

I am sure the reasoning was the "Mack attack" wore 34, that and everytime we saw him he plowed through our D like butter. We, including me, overestimated the talant of our D.

Jones is the big load back our O needs and looking for. The only question is what are the Bears going to ask for?

KennyHolmes99
02-27-2007, 11:42 AM
We are just being cheap... we owe Henry 8.5mil as a bonus which was triggered during the middle of the season. We do not want to pay it, so we are doing are best to restructure Henry's contract. Since Henry wants to still be in Tennessee and the Titan organization wants him here, he will be here.... If we do end up giving him the bonus then it won't really put a big dent into our 35+ mill cap space.

TEXANRED
02-27-2007, 11:54 AM
We are just being cheap... we owe Henry 8.5mil as a bonus which was triggered during the middle of the season. We do not want to pay it, so we are doing are best to restructure Henry's contract. Since Henry wants to still be in Tennessee and the Titan organization wants him here, he will be here.... If we do end up giving him the bonus then it won't really put a big dent into our 35+ mill cap space.

HA!

I'm sorry, have you met your owner?

Bud Adams meet screwed fan.......Screwed fan meet Bud Adams, also known as the gate keeper for the 7th circle of Hell. Enjoy.

dtran04
02-27-2007, 11:57 AM
You mean we won't see the great Lendale White?

KennyHolmes99
02-27-2007, 12:28 PM
HA!

I'm sorry, have you met your owner?

Bud Adams meet screwed fan.......Screwed fan meet Bud Adams, also known as the gate keeper for the 7th circle of Hell. Enjoy.

just remember that when you see him in a Titans uniform next season. :ok:

TEXANRED
02-27-2007, 12:35 PM
just remember that when you see him in a Titans uniform next season. :ok:

Just saying he track record isn't real positive. Anywhere from trading Earl Campbell, releasing Warren Moon, to locking out Steve McNair.

I wonder if Bud Adams really does wear Prada?

Titan "Tack" Fan
02-27-2007, 01:01 PM
That would suck to lose Henry

El Tejano
02-27-2007, 01:03 PM
That would suck to lose Henry

Well yeah. I mean, alot of people give credit to Vince but Henry ran his share of 40 to 50 yarders this season and he was an every down back.
I'd take him.

Reddevil63
02-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Well yeah. I mean, alot of people give credit to Vince but Henry ran his share of 40 to 50 yarders this season and he was an every down back.
I'd take him.

Only because the D was focused on Vince!

:sarcasm:

TEXANRED
02-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Only because the D was focused on Vince!

:sarcasm:

Well VY did invent sunshine..................

doughboy
02-27-2007, 07:06 PM
IMO lendale will be the starter after training camp.

Titan "Tack" Fan
02-27-2007, 08:37 PM
IMO lendale will be the starter after training camp.

Hope you're wrong

Navy_Chris
02-27-2007, 09:38 PM
He could be a nice FA target if he does get cut.

http://draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm

scroll down next to the picture of Patrick Willis for this interesting tidbit:

As for Tennessee, their deal with Travis Henry fell through on guaranteed money, so he could be a cut.....

This type of signing could make it very easy to not have to focus an early pick on a RB and use them to solidify the secondary and lines instead. He does come with some injury history, but has always been a tough runner.

Any thoughts?

Two words: Chris.....Taylor

When Taylor proves to everybody that he's a legit starting back, then you guys will see what I'm talking about. Why sign a RB when you're gonna have to turn around and trade him/release him WHEN...i repeat WHEN Chris Taylor proves his worth?