PDA

View Full Version : Dayne being sought by the Eagles?

Texans34Life
02-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Eagles | Dayne could be an option
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:41:38 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports with Philadelphia Eagles RB Correll Buckhalter testing the free-agent market, the Eagles will probably try to find his replacement from a second-tier group of free-agent running backs. One name being tossed around is Houston Texans RB Ron Dayne.

Admins, if this is the wrong forum, please move it to the NFL forum. Thanks.

Trap_Star
02-26-2007, 09:05 PM
I thought we signed him for a couple of years...

thunderkyss
02-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Nope...... he's unrestricted. He can go anywhere he wants, and we have nothing to say in the matter.

Trap_Star
02-26-2007, 09:11 PM
I guess its gonna be Taylor, Lundy, and rookie RB...

mexican_texan
02-26-2007, 09:12 PM
I want Buckhalter.

Trap_Star
02-26-2007, 09:13 PM
I want Buckhalter.

No way. That guy tears a knee up every year....

Lucky
02-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Dayne makes a lot of sense for the Eagles. Mr. Inside to Westbrooks' Mr. Outside.

mexican_texan
02-26-2007, 09:22 PM
No way. That guy tears a knee up every year....
I'm sure you watched him tear up our guys in Week 1, though. The knee problems just mean he'll come cheap.

Trap_Star
02-26-2007, 09:26 PM
You could of tore our D up at the beginning of the year...

mexican_texan
02-26-2007, 09:32 PM
You could of tore our D up at the beginning of the year...
Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Clinton Portis rumor?

Trap_Star
02-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Clinton Portis rumor?

That died quick, huh?...

thunderkyss
02-26-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm sure you watched him tear up our guys in Week 1, though. The knee problems just mean he'll come cheap.

The guy is as old as Dayne, has less than half the production, and both knees have been rebuilt.

How could you want BuckHalter, and not Dayne??

Navy_Chris
02-26-2007, 09:54 PM
I thought we signed him for a couple of years...

We signed him to a one-year deal. that year is up. maybe some sort of a sign and trade can be worked out. kubiak seems to really believe in him, though....for reasons unknown. he got hurt during a pre-game workout....ha...seriously??

mexican_texan
02-26-2007, 09:57 PM
The guy is as old as Dayne, has less than half the production, and both knees have been rebuilt.

How could you want BuckHalter, and not Dayne??
Buckhalter is cheaper. Dayne should get at least 1 million and we may be able to get Buckhalter relatively cheap.

BattleRedToro
02-26-2007, 09:59 PM
We signed him to a one-year deal. that year is up. maybe some sort of a sign and trade can be worked out. kubiak seems to really believe in him, though....for reasons unknown. he got hurt during a pre-game workout....ha...seriously??

Sign and trade? Why would the Eagles need to bother with that when Dayne is an Unrestricted Free Agent? They can just sign him directly if they want him and the Texans would recieve no compensation.

Navy_Chris
02-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Buckhalter is cheaper. Dayne should get at least 1 million and we may be able to get Buckhalter relatively cheap.

Do we really want another RB that can't walk from here to the parking lot without injuring a knee...again?!

mexican_texan
02-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Do we really want another RB that can't walk from here to the parking lot without injuring a knee...again?!
He's only had two knee injuries since he was drafted and played in every game of 2006.

tulexan
02-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Where are all of the teams that are interested in Chris Taylor? I would have thought that after his unbelievable game against the Browns that he would be the most sought after running back in the league.

macaronitoni
02-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Where are all of the teams that are interested in Chris Taylor? I would have thought that after his unbelievable game against the Browns that he would be the most sought after running back in the league.

Now, that just made me laugh. One starting game against the second worst run defense doesn't make a star. On the topic of this post, Dayne is the best running back on the roster. If he goes and we don't replace him with equal or better talent, especially after these Carr is back rumors, expect another 6-10 or worse season in 2007.

Navy_Chris
02-26-2007, 10:16 PM

Chris Taylor pisses excellence, young man.

thunderkyss
02-26-2007, 10:16 PM

Overall, Dayne has had a much better career.... Buckhalter has been in this league for 6 years. 3 of those, he didn't make one game. Last year was his best year medically. He played in 16 games, and got 345 yards for the year.

he could definitely be had much cheaper than Dayne..... but there is a reason for that.

Navy_Chris
02-26-2007, 10:19 PM
He's only had two knee injuries since he was drafted and played in every game of 2006.

yeah i guess you're right..ONLY two!! Maybe we can talk Tony Boselli out of retirement, since our line needs help, too. He ONLY had about 74 knee surgeries over the course of his career.

dirty steve
02-26-2007, 10:20 PM
excellence against a fractured Browns defense, at best.

dirty steve
02-26-2007, 10:23 PM
yeah i guess you're right..ONLY two!! Maybe we can talk Tony Boselli out of retirement, since our line needs help, too. He ONLY had about 74 knee surgeries over the course of his career.
wrong-o. boselli's injuries were based in the shoulder area.

Navy_Chris
02-26-2007, 10:26 PM
wrong-o. boselli's injuries were based in the shoulder area.

ehh..tomato....tomaato

mexican_texan
02-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Overall, Dayne has had a much better career.... Buckhalter has been in this league for 6 years. 3 of those, he didn't make one game. Last year was his best year medically. He played in 16 games, and got 345 yards for the year.

he could definitely be had much cheaper than Dayne..... but there is a reason for that.
I'm not saying I'd rather take Buckhalter over Dayne, but Buckhalter is underrated. He hasn't always been on good terms with Andy Reid, and IIRC, he's been suspended multiple games by Reid.

mexican_texan
02-26-2007, 10:30 PM
ehh..tomato....tomaato
Wrong-o. Apples and cheesecake.

thunderkyss
02-26-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm not saying I'd rather take Buckhalter over Dayne, but Buckhalter is underrated. He hasn't always been on good terms with Andy Reid, and IIRC, he's been suspended multiple games by Reid.

you're not painting a pretty picture here. We've got enough "underrated" players in our backfield......

mexican_texan
02-26-2007, 10:35 PM
you're not painting a pretty picture here. We've got enough "underrated" players in our backfield......
If by underrated you mean underperforming BUT young, then yes.

keyfro
02-26-2007, 10:51 PM
if they want ron dayne then fine...i would not spend a lot of money on the guy who is already past his prime for a runningback...as for buckhalter i'll pass...i rather see what chris taylor can do and draft a young kid who could turn some heads...i.e. marshawn lynch, antonio pittman, tony hunt...the list continues

Navy_Chris
02-26-2007, 10:52 PM
if they want ron dayne then fine...i would not spend a lot of money on the guy who is already past his prime for a runningback...as for buckhalter i'll pass...i rather see what chris taylor can do and draft a young kid who could turn some heads...i.e. marshawn lynch, antonio pittman, tony hunt...the list continues

very well put. i wouldn't mind Tony Hunt in the mix next season.

mexican_texan
02-26-2007, 11:02 PM
very well put. i wouldn't mind Tony Hunt in the mix next season.
I would mind that. I don't see how he could be a pro running back.

Navy_Chris
02-26-2007, 11:04 PM
I would mind that. I don't see how he could be a pro running back.

how so?

mexican_texan
02-26-2007, 11:05 PM
how so?
Tell me this. Why would you want him here? No speed, yet not a power back.

Navy_Chris
02-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Tell me this. Why would you want him here? No speed, yet not a power back.

Terrell Davis didn't have speed. He wasn't a power back.

run-david-run
02-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Terrell Davis didn't have speed. He wasn't a power back.

Terrell Davis also played with a Hall of Fame QB, Hall of Fame TE, one of the best coaches of all time, and was a 6th round draft pick (meaning he was a long shot). Right place at the right time?

And from what I've seen of Tony Hunt I was very unispired.

Stros5Texans80
02-27-2007, 12:43 AM

After ONE game you are willing to say that? And against a team that was second to last in defense? Let's get a better understanding of where he is as a player this year during some top ranked teams. :ok:

dirty steve
02-27-2007, 02:05 AM
ehh..tomato....tomaato
not really. you compared buckhalter's injuries, which he came back from...to Boselli's, which he didnt.

Samkonfan
02-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Gado will be in the mix next year, mark my words. I had dinner with him the other night and he is in the best shape of his life. He gets a full season with a team meaning goes through OTA's and then training camp he will be in the mix somehow. Unbelievable work ethic and he is Sherman's boy!!

El Amigo Invisible
02-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Just draft a dispensable Runninng Back! Or pick up Michael Turner somehow! HA HA HA HAAHAAAAA:marionaner:

Spled
02-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Dayne's only 29 and because he backed up Tiki most of his career he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on him. I think he'd make a good starter.

thunderkyss
02-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Gado will be in the mix next year, mark my words. I had dinner with him the other night and he is in the best shape of his life. He gets a full season with a team meaning goes through OTA's and then training camp he will be in the mix somehow. Unbelievable work ethic and he is Sherman's boy!!

hey, I'm very open minded when it comes to running backs not named Reggie, and don't play for the Tennessee Titans.

I was very impressed with what Samkon did in Greenbay, when they needed someone to step up.

But... when you say best shape of his life, you don't mean perfectly round do you??

I'd have loved to see more of him last season, but dude had an unsightly gut, and regardless how fast he was, I'd assume he'd be faster without the extra baggage.

Again, I'd love to see him succeed, I'd love for him to be our "answer" but if he looks like that in '07, I can only cheer him on so much, know what I mean??

thunderkyss
02-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Dayne's only 29 and because he backed up Tiki most of his career he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on him. I think he'd make a good starter.

well we should have signed him to a longer deal. Now he's on the market, and if anyone saw the tough running he did, and how hard he is to actually bring down, we're going to have to bid for him just like everyone else. Which would mean having to pay more for him than we probably should.

I'm a Ron Dayne fan, I've supported him since he showed up in shape in Denver two years ago.. but we've got to start showing some control when it comes to spending money. We should have at least signed him to a two year deal... if he didn't work out for us, we could've just walked away. Now he was our leading rusher, and we're going to have to bid for him.

TEXANRED
02-27-2007, 10:51 AM
hey, I'm very open minded when it comes to running backs not named Reggie, and don't play for the Tennessee Titans.

I was very impressed with what Samkon did in Greenbay, when they needed someone to step up.

But... when you say best shape of his life, you don't mean perfectly round do you??

I'd have loved to see more of him last season, but dude had an unsightly gut, and regardless how fast he was, I'd assume he'd be faster without the extra baggage.

Again, I'd love to see him succeed, I'd love for him to be our "answer" but if he looks like that in '07, I can only cheer him on so much, know what I mean??

He is only 29 and looks like he's forty.

I think his weight has always been an issue through out his career.

I could take or leave Dayne. He had a few good games last year and when you stop to think that 350 yards cam in three games, and then look to see he rushed for 671 yards, that doesn't speak well.

Yes I know he was hurt for a part of the season but unless he only played six games I am greatly less than impressed.

Meloy
02-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Does not Denver have a back we can use?

HJam72
02-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Chris Taylor pisses pee. :drunk:

I think we should at least drive the price up on Dayne ('till we get stuck with him), ala Casserly.

Nah, I really think we should make Dayne an offer, but it depends on who we get and we gave to guess how good Taylor will or won't be.

HJam72
02-27-2007, 03:24 PM

There ya go!!!! This team needs more rejects!!!! :doot:

Navy_Chris
02-27-2007, 03:24 PM

With a couple more Denver players on offense, we can hook the playaction up real nice. haha. (sarcasm, of course)