PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh.

Meloy
02-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Carr remains. Texans select a QB in round 2 thru 4 which is highly probable. Is Sage on the way out? Kubes usually goes with 2 QBs & I can not see taking a player in rounds 2 thru 4 and him not making team.

Double Barrel
02-26-2007, 04:41 PM
heh, this place would go boinkers if they trade/cut Sage.

I'm still not sold on him being anything other than a career backup, but if anyone can turn him into starter material, I would think it's Kubiak. And if he lets Rosenfels go, then that speaks volumes, IMO.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing true competition in TC for the QB position, just to keep these guys on their toes. Fear of losing your position can be an excellent motivator.

texanskan
02-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Carr remains. Texans select a QB in round 2 thru 4 which is highly probable. Is Sage on the way out? Kubes usually goes with 2 QBs & I can not see taking a player in rounds 2 thru 4 and him not making team.

Texans will keep Carr, draft Kolb and then keep Sage as their backup because Kubs is not sold on Carr and they are not gonna play a rookie.

NEROtheZERO
02-26-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm pretty sure Kubiak carries 3 QBs next season after Sage broke his hand against NYJ and Carr had a Tennessee flashback.

Hervoyel
02-26-2007, 05:58 PM
I think that if we're in any sort of transition situation then Kubiak will probably carry three QB's. I believe that if he thinks he's got his guy and his backup then yeah, he'd not going to be afraid to go with just two and a guy on the practice squad to fill things out.

If he's really looking for a starter then he's got to carry three, particularly if he's looking at a rookie for the future. There's just no way around it.

kiwitexansfan
02-26-2007, 06:04 PM

Whats your reasoning that it is highly probable that we take a QB in rounds 2-4??

Don't we have bigger fish to fry??

I would be upset if we drafted a QB.

Sage stays, backs up like he always does.

Navy_Chris
02-26-2007, 09:07 PM

I think even if Kubiak takes Kolb at some point in the draft, he'll keep Sage. I think he wants 3 QBs on the roster. Could be just me though.

HoustonFrog
02-26-2007, 09:22 PM
This Carr news just shows they aren't serious about moving this team forward anytime soon and is a serious blow. Tiresome. That or I'm hoping they are driving up the price.