PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter reports Carr will not be leaving Houston

Pages : 1 [2]

travfrancis
02-27-2007, 10:36 PM
I've just seen it argued here that it's W's that count, not stats and the simple matter is that McNair delivered more of them to the Ravens than VY did the Titans. McNair wasn't as "washed-up" as the Titans thought and it was probably a mistake to get rid of him that early (much like the Texans did with Aaron Glenn). It's especially galling that the McNair was ALREADY mentoring VY and you couldn't have had a better groundwork in place for an easier transition.

McNair didn't want to stick around to groom Vince Young, and I don't think the Titans are regreting the decision to draft Vince Young.

Mysteryhunt
02-27-2007, 11:22 PM
not to be a downer, but with next season's schedule it doesn't matter who we have behind center, it's going to be another year of development.

thunderkyss
02-27-2007, 11:24 PM
The worst and most frustrating thing about the Carr situation as it relates to our future is that while Carr continues to struggle and we continue to "evaluate his potential" he limits the growth of his teamates and every offensive player we draft while he is on the team.

Quoted for truth. We spent 16 weeks evaluating our QB position... in doing so, we wasted a proBowl reciever, an awesome TE prospect, a clutch, young Reciever in Walther, and we rarely got a glimpse of Edell Sheppard & David Anderson. Then our offensive line(poor offensive line) did not have the luxury of using the shotgun to help ease some of the pressure on the QB.

Then we kept our defense on the field for the majority of our first 5 games. A defense with two rookies playing two of the most important positions of a defense, and a rookie Defensive Coordinator.

thunderkyss
02-27-2007, 11:32 PM
And who know, with a line that will keep him standing and a second year in the same system. Carr may look really good come mid season.

It's odd that when people describe David Carr, they say he is a mobile QB who can get outside the pocket & throw the ball on the move.

But for him to be successful, we all agree he needs better protection from his Offensive line.

The only time I've seen David make a play outside the pocket, it was on designed roll-outs, and bootlegs. I've yet to see him buy himself some time to do anything.

Most mobile QBs move outside the pocket to escape a pressure, to buy time, and compensate for not being able to take a 7 step drop.

CarrIsFine
02-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Quoted for truth. We spent 16 weeks evaluating our QB position... in doing so, we wasted a proBowl reciever, an awesome TE prospect, a clutch, young Reciever in Walther, and we rarely got a glimpse of Edell Sheppard & David Anderson. Then our offensive line(poor offensive line) did not have the luxury of using the shotgun to help ease some of the pressure on the QB.

:secret: I know it is not common knowledge, but the QB just might play a part in a receiver being selected to the Pro Bowl or a young TE catching multiple TDs. Don't be shocked, just let it sink in for awhile.

Vinny
02-28-2007, 12:58 AM
:secret: I know it is not common knowledge, but the QB just might play a part in a receiver being selected to the Pro Bowl or a young TE catching multiple TDs. Don't be shocked, just let it sink in for awhile.all 11 of those TD's were awesome...almost one a game!

TwinSisters
02-28-2007, 01:18 AM
:secret: I know it is not common knowledge, but the QB just might play a part in a receiver being selected to the Pro Bowl or a young TE catching multiple TDs. Don't be shocked, just let it sink in for awhile.

could be.

that's why Rod Smith made it in 2005.

So maybe there is something to signing Plummer after all.

or maybe Brian Griese for his other two Pro Bowls 00' and 01'.

but then he got ditkus with John Elway in 97' and 98'. ( minus the Super Bowl rings )

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 08:57 AM
all 11 of those TD's were awesome...almost one a game!

...almost

Double Barrel
02-28-2007, 11:30 AM

I know it is not common knowledge, but the sometimes a WR can be so good that he makes it to the Pro Bowl in spite of his QB. It happens, so don't be shocked. It'll sink in after awhile. :bubble:

CarrIsFine
02-28-2007, 11:45 AM
all 11 of those TD's were awesome...almost one a game!

I was talking about Daniels with 5 TDs, but I checked the game logs and Carr played no part, AJ was taking the snaps on those. My bad.

tsip
02-28-2007, 12:01 PM
I was talking about Daniels with 5 TDs, but I checked the game logs and Carr played no part, AJ was taking the snaps on those. My bad.

...only 6 more tds to go around...good thing there was only 1 WR left and no more TEs, and RB's don't count for tds anyway

...besides, when you only throw a td in 7 games (9 goose eggs), it's kinda tough to spread them around and be generous

TEXANRED
02-28-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm not trying to go round and round with you, and I'm not of the VY-homer school of thought...however...

Young was drafted as a first round QB, won NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year at QB, made it to the NFL Pro Bowl in his rookie year as a QB...I'm not sure what he's supposed to prove at this point in his career. idonno:

I am by far not trying to argue either, but...........all those awards are voted on by the fans. The genral fan is fed knowledge through the Hype machine. Of course they are going to vote VY in. Colston, who really deserved it, didn't get 1/10 the press Young got. Doesn't hurt that VY comes from UT with around 5 million VY fans.

Leinart threw for more yards, higher passer rating, and one less TD than Young. Young played in 15 games and started 13 where as Leinart playd in 12 and started 11. In the end it is all about the wins and Leinart didn't have a running game to bail him out or a D that won games for him. So to me, IMO, he has a ton to prove, and he better hope Henry comes back.

Remember we the Texan fans along with LSU fans won DD his OROY award? We failed him in the pro-bowl though.

El Amigo Invisible
02-28-2007, 12:42 PM
IS Mcclain reliable?

texans83
02-28-2007, 12:46 PM
IS Mcclain reliable?

hah.....

seveneventer
02-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I heard David Carrs house is up for sale....I dont know for a fact but my friends, friend is a real estate agent and he told him that....???????

2BCF
02-28-2007, 01:58 PM
I heard David Carrs house is up for sale....I dont know for a fact but my friends, friend is a real estate agent and he told him that....???????

<raises hand> I'll help him move!:howdy:

real
02-28-2007, 01:59 PM

please don't play with my emotions...

TexanSam
02-28-2007, 02:03 PM

I'm guessing Carr has more than one house. Millions of dollars can do that.

Vinny
02-28-2007, 02:12 PM
I am by far not trying to argue either, but...........all those awards are voted on by the fans. The genral fan is fed knowledge through the Hype machine.
the Pro bowl is only partially a fan vote...coaches and players make up 2/3rds of this and the fans have no say in the back ups...that's awarded by the coaches I believe. Also, Davis wasn't the rookie of the year...he won the PEPSI roy. That is a pure internet vote.

The NFL is the only sports league that combines voting by fans, coaches and players to determine its all-star teams. http://www.nfl.com/probowl/balloting_final

TexasAggie
02-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Houston Texans Updated:02/26/2007
RB Adrian Peterson appears to be the Cleveland Browns favorite pick at No. 3 should they stay put. But, according to the Dayton Daily News, the Texans are interested in moving up the draft board for a shot at Peterson and could propose a trade to the Browns that would send starting QB David Carr and draft picks to Cleveland for the No. 3 position.

this is on cbs.sportline under rumor mill

powerfuldragon
02-28-2007, 09:11 PM
RB Adrian Peterson appears to be the Cleveland Browns favorite pick at No. 3 should they stay put. But, according to the Dayton Daily News, the Texans are interested in moving up the draft board for a shot at Peterson and could propose a trade to the Browns that would send starting QB David Carr and draft picks to Cleveland for the No. 3 position.

i don't know where i read this earlier, but out of all the scenarios for getting rid of carr i've heard so far, i like this one best. i really hope the FO does this.

aj.
02-28-2007, 09:24 PM

It takes 800 points to move from 8 to 3. That's a high second and third plus some change - without the traded player. I like the idea of getting AP, but not if he's the only Day 1 guy we get. Too many holes to fill ...

El Amigo Invisible
02-28-2007, 09:40 PM
If we go after Calvin Johnson then we have to keep Carr.

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 09:43 PM

that makes absolutely no sense. Unless you plan on getting rid of AJ.....

If you're going to keep AJ, and Calvin Johnson, you're going to need a QB who can see both of them on every play.

Tulip
02-28-2007, 09:45 PM

That would be a waste - paying a high-first round pick to stand around looking for daisies to pick on the field.

TEXANS84
02-28-2007, 09:50 PM
* Off topic *

Wonder if this thread will reach Orlando Pace thread capacity?

TEXANS84
02-28-2007, 09:52 PM

Actually, I heard about a week ago on 790 (they could never confirm it, but said it was a "rumor") that David was set to build a multi-million dollar house out in Sugarland.

According to them (rumor), the plans to build the house has halted.

El Amigo Invisible
02-28-2007, 10:02 PM
that makes absolutely no sense. Unless you plan on getting rid of AJ.....

If you're going to keep AJ, and Calvin Johnson, you're going to need a QB who can see both of them on every play.

Who would be throwing to them? Whoever is our QB will be on their back in two seconds.We did release Moulds today and CJ is a good blocker.:stirpot:

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Who would be throwing to them? Whoever is our QB will be on their back in two seconds.We did release Moulds today and CJ is a good blocker.:stirpot:

you're saying we should draft CJ to block for Carr??

And what difference does it make if our QB is on his back 2 seconds after the snap?? That's what we are getting now. We need to find someone who can perform when things aren't exactly perfect.

Honoring Earl 34
02-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Let Mathis run the option ... he's already # 13 .

El Amigo Invisible
02-28-2007, 10:17 PM
I guess you guys are against drafting CJ?:stirpot:

dantem
03-01-2007, 02:39 AM
If the Texans keep Carr, they would have to start him as they can't possibly
pay him his contract if he's only a backup, and no way Carr will restructure at
this point given all he's gone thru and the limitations to his future here.
But I dunno, because of the way they handled last year when they passed on
Vince Young, and Reggie Bush, who would have been
a PR coup and certainly made a contribution to our struggling offense, for
Mario, maybe they are really this clueless and insensitive about public relations with the fan base ?
I dunno, but after the Texans go back and forth with this Carr issue and then ultimately keep him for the 2007 season - WOW ! I'd have to say that McNair and his FO are just tonedeaf.

no it just means they are listening to the other 50% who want to keep Carr, because at tis point he may be the best option we have.

real
03-22-2007, 02:59 PM
LOL at all the disbelief and denial.

We are laughing with you, not at you.:joker:

Sportsfan
03-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Guess Mr. Schefter's sources were wrong....

HoustonFrog
03-22-2007, 03:14 PM

I knew these were coming.

hollywood_texan
03-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Things do change from time to time and people change their minds.

I think Schefter is a goof ball and annoying. I can just see him running around NFL teams like a "Little Gossip Queen".

He is just an annoying mouthpiece from what I see.

Nothing personal...

HOU-TEX
03-22-2007, 03:18 PM

Out of every sports station, show, talking head, etc. Schefter is the the only one I'd listen to. He's the main reason why I watch NFL Network in the off-season. I'll be happy when they get rid of Rod Woodson. I didn't like him when he played for the Steelers and definetly don't like him now.:)

real
03-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Schefter is the the only one I'd listen to.

My advice would be to not listen to any of them...

There's no way the Texans could have brought David back, despite what Shefty said...

Some things are just common sense.

HOU-TEX
03-22-2007, 03:24 PM
My advice would be to not listen to any of them...

There's no way the Texans could have brought David back, despite what Shefty said...

Some things are just common sense.

I understand that. I was merely pointing out that he's the only one I've listened to. That doesn't necessarily mean I believe everything he says. Although, he has been correct more often than wrong.:)