PDA

View Full Version : Show your disdain for David Carr here...

Porky
02-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Carr needs to go.

That's all.

Discuss your disdain here. No positive posts please. I didn't post in your lovefest, so stay away from my hatefest.

(equal time is fair) :ok:

TexanSam
02-23-2007, 03:02 PM
I don't hate the guy, but I think it's time for him to try and succeed somewhere else. He's taken beating after beating (both on the field and off) but that doesn't mean I'm rooting for him to be back here next season.

Dean 74
02-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Carr needs to go.

That's all.

Discuss your disdain here. No positive posts please. I didn't post in your lovefest, so stay away from my hatefest.

how deep.

Mr. White
02-23-2007, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't say that I'm disdainful, but I agree it's time for a change.

My reason (outside of X's and O's) is that Carr is held to a different standard than the rest of the team. It's not healthy.

threetoedpete
02-23-2007, 03:04 PM
so Marcus if I don't post on this one, aviod it like the plague...does that lessen my support of DC ? Be interesting to see how many guy are truly at the head waters of this thing of yours.

Texan_Bill
02-23-2007, 03:06 PM
LOL... no Porky you didn't post in the "support" thread, but all your minions did..... j/k

As I stated, I beleive Carr needs to go also. I just don't hold any disdain for the guy. And beleive me, there were more than a few occasions that I cussed him as though I have disdain for him.

2BCF
02-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Ha!
Well, if possible I'd show a highlights(or is it lowlights) reel of Carr's many blunders though the years.
That's the worst that anyone could say against him.
He's his own worst enemy.

Second Honeymoon
02-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Carr has been an albatross around the neck of this franchise since Day One.
He needs to go and don't let the door hit you in your primadonna choir boy ass, lil' Davey.

Carr sucks and as long as the Texans trot his sorry ass out at Quarterback, the Texans will never win diddly.

HOU-TEX
02-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Good guy or not, the guy's got to go. The Texans can't continue to pour time and money into him. They need to deal him, lick thier wounds and continue to build.:bubble:

TEXANRED
02-23-2007, 03:17 PM
I think the Porkmiester needs a Hug!:grouphug:

Honoring Earl 34
02-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Well what's a good Carr thread without Vince .

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1548616987141656890&q=pick+vince+young&hl=en

BigWig
02-23-2007, 03:21 PM
"disdain goin nowherez,cuz maybuh we oughtsa gets goin somehwerz"
quote from Mushmouth the gr8:drunk:

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh David Carr,,,how you really blow
I get a sick felling in my stomach,,,everytime you go to throw
You throw interceptions like,,,they're presents on christmas day
I cant remember a single time,,,you threw the ball away
I'm not one to judge,,,but i think you'll lose the starting job
To maybe a brady quinn, or even mr kolb
I dont really hate you,,, i just wrote this inspite of porky
But i am glad you cut your hair,,,cause you were looking really dorky.

:) Theres my negative post !!!

Kaiser Toro
02-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Never have liked Carr as a prospect or player. The fact that his contract has been one of the two highest on the team means that money is tied up that could be applied to the many other challenges we have at positions. We have had zero return on investment on this player.

Will three yard passes make AJ better or our RB's better? Did every OL men we brought it in just forget how to play football or is it that we made a mistake in 2002, and in 2006 with the extension at QB. Kubiak is a genius with QBs, but why did the magic not happen with Carr like it did with Plummer?

The excuses have been mentioned and they have been retreaded. When the season starts and Carr is our QB, I will not be booing when he surely will underperform again, but I will be back here sharing my dissatisfaction regarding a player that means nothing to the city he plays for due to his lack of results.

If Kubiak is a true Houstonian I am sure he will make the right decision as I cannot expect Smith to be as vested in his excursions around town due to his unfamiliarity.

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Texan_Bill
02-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Oh David Carr,,,how you really blow
I get a sick felling in my stomach,,,everytime you go to throw
You throw interceptions like,,,they're presents on christmas day
I cant remember a single time,,,you threw the ball away
I'm not one to judge,,,but i think you'll lose the starting job
To maybe a brady quinn, or even mr kolb
I dont really hate you,,, i just wrote this inspite of porky
But i am glad you cut your hair,,,cause you were looking really dorky.

:) Theres my negative post !!!

Nicely done!! Props!!

swtbound07
02-23-2007, 04:19 PM
i must spread rep around before giving it to porky...nice to know somebody keeps this place sane when i take leave.

amazingandre
02-23-2007, 04:45 PM
i like dave......:stirpot:

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
ok but in all seriousness, David isnt the greatest in the world, but with so many other holes to fill on this team, i think he will do just fine if we can get some good FA this off-season. Cause a new QB coming into the same situation wouldnt do much good. Plus we're not gonna get much for Carr cause his value isnt exactly soaring right now.

MightyTExan
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Daivd Carr=Homer Simpson
People In This Thread(including me)= Grimes a.k.a. Grimey

Double Barrel
02-23-2007, 04:52 PM
John McClain said today on the 610 show that "David Carr will be traded" (just a few moments ago, matter of fact). He says it with such conviction that my mind almost gets out of the "Carr is our starting QB" mentality that I'm trying to let permeate my existence. So take it FWIW.

I certainly have nothing personal against DC. I see his positives for what they are, and I see his negatives for what they are.

And the truth of the matter is that he's getting paid big jack to be a mediocre QB. In addition, we will need a very strong team around him, including a dominant defense, to succeed (this is even touted by his most diehard supporters).

The questions to ask:

Will we have a good enough team in 2007 - consistent running game, Pro Bowl caliber offensive line, and dominant defense - to make up for David Carr's weaknesses?

Will David Carr restructure his contract to be in line with his first five years, thus allowing us to obtain more playmakers?

Will David Carr be able to run a two minute drill to win a game in 2007?

TwinSisters
02-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Carr needs to go.

well then, I would like to say that Carr is here by intelligent design.

And Honoring Earl... that clip is in violation of VIACOM copyright. ( I bet anyway )

MightyTExan
02-23-2007, 05:00 PM
The questions to ask:

Will we have a good enough team in 2007 - consistent running game, Pro Bowl caliber offensive line, and dominant defense - to make up for David Carr's weaknesses?

Will David Carr restructure his contract to be in line with his first five years, thus allowing us to obtain more playmakers?

Will David Carr be able to run a two minute drill to win a game in 2007?

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/images/smilies/snrmaajt.gif

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 05:30 PM
And i was only hoping Kubs was gonna hold open try outs for the texans like Vermil did when he went to the eagles in the 70's. I'm sure some of you coulda knocked Carr right outta that starting QB job :aikido:

dirty steve
02-23-2007, 05:44 PM
And i was only hoping Kubs was gonna hold open try outs for the texans like Vermil did when he went to the eagles in the 70's. I'm sure some of you coulda knocked Carr right outta that starting QB job :aikido:

i think some people really, really believe that.

swoldier
02-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Ive cursed DC many many times this last season. His lack of leadership, game awareness, and just flat out basics has driven me near madness. I would say to all those who quote his numbers, you obviously did not watch any of the games this season. Dink and Dunk all day long i could do that and complete passes. My worst fear though is that he leaves for another club then comes back to Houston as a visitor and makes us pay for giving up on him, because no one here can argue the fact that the guys got the physical gifts he just needs the mental aspect down. If he can turn the leaf and become a leader be aware of the field and game, and get back to the basics of being a QB he could be really really good. I just dont wanna let him go then him do really well. If we let him go i want to see him fail miserably and out of the NFL, because honestly he's wasted many many millions of dollars with his mediocre play. After all of that for him to leave and do well is an insult to the Houston Texans organization and if that happens i hope he dies in a plane crash. Just like my nemesis's Vince Young and Peyton Manning heres to both of em being on the same flight.

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 05:49 PM
i think some people really, really believe that.

HAHA yeah and thats whats sad :secret: but let em keep on thinking that !

SESupergenius
02-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Oh let's get Carr out of here, I can't wait for Sage Rosenfels to take over. He's incredible! Did you see his performance against the JAGS? Aw man it was awesome, he avoided an interception and took a sack for the team, he then missed didn't convert a 3rd and short because we were protecting a lead, and then he played it safe and checked down to Wali Lundy for 9 yards when there were 14 yards needed for a 1st down. He did that to kill the clock, man what a great student of the game because he knew that the Jags couldn't do anything against our defense. He got the win for us, that is all that matters. He is now our "Wonder Boy". Don't let the trade rumors of Plummer fool you, Sage is our man and Kubiak knows this.

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Oh let's get Carr out of here, I can't wait for Sage Rosenfels to take over. He's incredible! Did you see his performance against the JAGS? Aw man it was awesome, he avoided an interception and took a sack for the team, he then missed didn't convert a 3rd and short because we were protecting a lead, and then he played it safe and checked down to Wali Lundy for 9 yards when there were 14 yards needed for a 1st down. He did that to kill the clock, man what a great student of the game because he knew that the Jags couldn't do anything against our defense. He got the win for us, that is all that matters. He is now our "Wonder Boy". Don't let the trade rumors of Plummer fool you, Sage is our man and Kubiak knows this.

You think one game means you should get the starting job, i mean you remember Carrs first game against the Cowboys, and look where we are now !!! I think that one game hardly means anything otherwise kubs woulda let him keep the starting job after that Jags game.

New_Texans
02-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Carr if you dont improve new year, you are gone.

however, since you are our qb. good luck.

DarkNinja
02-23-2007, 06:11 PM
:drunk: I'm so happy that there are people here that feels the way I've been feeling since the franchise started. Lets go have a number 8 jersey-burning party!!:drunk:

New_Texans
02-23-2007, 06:16 PM
:drunk: I'm so happy that there are people here that feels the way I've been feeling since the franchise started. Lets go have a number 8 jersey-burning party!!:drunk:

I support Carr, however im not unrealistic about him. I still believe he can be a good quarterback.

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 06:17 PM

Sorry there a burn baned where i live :shades:

Double Barrel
02-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Oh let's get Carr out of here, I can't wait for Sage Rosenfels to take over. He's incredible!

yeah, comparing a career backup QB to our $8 million dollar man makes a lot of sense. :winky: I'm convinced!...not really

TexansSeminole
02-23-2007, 06:36 PM
This guy is like the guy from Memento...No short term memory...He has had the same problems for 5 years now and he still can't seem to learn from them. Atleast he could take the sack and not fumble...but he can't even learn to not fumble.

Second Honeymoon
02-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Carr sucks....any questions?

worst 5 year starting NFL QB of ALL TIME!!! (its a statistical fact)

Lucky
02-23-2007, 07:52 PM
...I just dont wanna let him go then him do really well. If we let him go i want to see him fail miserably and out of the NFL, because honestly he's wasted many many millions of dollars with his mediocre play. After all of that for him to leave and do well is an insult to the Houston Texans organization and if that happens i hope he dies in a plane crash...
Classy thread you got here, Porky.

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Classy thread you got here, Porky.

haha thats mean i never even saw that plane crash post. Come on now lets dont hope for people to die if they do well else where !

Ryan
02-23-2007, 08:06 PM
carr has got to go

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 08:11 PM
carr has got to go

yeah its not fair he's the only QB who gets abused by defenses and the media and the fans, its time to spread some of the hate. So who do you suppose we bring in to go under center behind that OH SO GREAT "sarcasim" O-Line. And look about as bad as Carr ??? :tease:

swoldier
02-23-2007, 08:19 PM
haha thats mean i never even saw that plane crash post. Come on now lets dont hope for people to die if they do well else where !

Fine I will settle for a maiming, something like the loss of a limb. Thats what happens to us when we dont do our job, and i get paid .001 percent of what he makes a year.

HoustonFrog
02-23-2007, 08:26 PM
I think it is embarrassing that people even have a support Carr thread. It is like people's football sense went out with the Oilers and they decided blind support would be fashionable. I'm sorry it is a joke right now.

TexansLucky13
02-23-2007, 08:27 PM
What exactly is "disdian"? The thread title explicitly mentions this "disdian" of David Carr, but I have no idea what that word is.

:tease:

Carr haters are making it too easy for guys like me to reveal a degree of foolishness inherent in all of them.

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 08:29 PM
I think it is embarrassing that people even have a support Carr thread. It is like people's football sense went out with the Oilers and they decided blind support would be fashinable. I'm sorry it is a joke right now.

i think its embarrassing people dont support him, as long as he is our starter and is wearing a texans jersey i think he should get our support ! i remember watching the game against the colts where we won, and i saw people with bags on their heads at the beginning of the game, i didnt see them anymore after and right before we won. Funny how peoples feeling change with a lil success !

Honoring Earl 34
02-23-2007, 08:53 PM
What exactly is "disdian"? The thread title explicitly mentions this "disdian" of David Carr, but I have no idea what that word is.

Carr haters are making it too easy for guys like me to reveal a degree of foolishness inherent in all of them.

We can only wish we were as bright and witty and clever and smart as you ... did I already say smart .

swoldier
i think its embarrassing people dont support him, as long as he is our starter and is wearing a texans jersey i think he should get our support ! i remember watching the game against the colts where we won, and i saw people with bags on their heads at the beginning of the game, i didnt see them anymore after and right before we won. Funny how peoples feeling change with a lil success !

Well yeah, of course how stupid would they feel with a bag on their heads after we just beat the colts for the FIRST TIME!!!!!! I personally was going freakin CRAZY!! The only game i was priveledged enough to go to. Being as i live in California.

Porky

Yes, I caught the typo right away, but don't know how to change it.

AS for the person talking about a plane crash, I am certain it is a joke. A bad joke in poor taste, yes, but a joke. If this thread is in bad taste, is the blind homer thread in bad taste too?

HoustonFrog
02-23-2007, 09:00 PM

So fans should always blindly support teams without care to money, wins and direction?That is what you are asking. The NFL alleys are littered with great men who didn't have the skills to survive or succeed in the league. It isn't a crime or a shame. You learn and go on. Without second guessing Craig Morton would have continued being a QB with the Cowboys instead of Staubach or Bledsoe instead of Brady. People make excuses saying these teams were different. No they weren't. People need to open their eyes to the reality of being a top payed QB in the NFL. It really has gotten sad that people can't see this.

Heath Shuler
02-23-2007, 09:05 PM

Thatís what I donít understand. None of the Carr supports can talk about Carrís achievements. All they can do is blame others (o-line, running backs, WRs, coaches, defense, coordinators, etc.) or down grade possible replacements.

swoldier
02-23-2007, 09:06 PM
AS for the person talking about a plane crash, I am certain it is a joke. A bad joke in poor taste, yes, but a joke. If this thread is in bad taste, is the blind homer thread in bad taste too?

Of course it was a joke.....well kinda. It's meant to give yall a feeling behind the words that explain how much disdain I feel. It being in "poor taste", well thats a relative term

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Thatís what I donít understand. None of the Carr supports can talk about Carrís achievements. All they can do is blame others (o-line, running backs, WRs, coaches, defense, coordinators, etc.) or down grade possible replacements.

beating the Cowboys in 02 while throwing 2 TDs, well thats a pretty good reason, sure i know it was 5 years ago but come on its still one of my best memories. Where were you guys at in 04 when we went 7-9, i didnt see all you anti carr posters then !

The Pencil Neck
02-23-2007, 09:20 PM

Just because I love and support my team doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on what needs to be done to improve it.

If David is our QB next year, then I'm going to be rooting and cheering for him when he steps on that field. But I can't lie and say I don't think someone else could perform better with the same supporting cast. And I can't lie and say that every time he drops back, I don't have butterflies in my stomach singing "don't screw up" in chorus.

Navy_Chris
02-23-2007, 09:25 PM

My feelings about this guy NEVER change. He wasn't the reason we beat Indy 27-24. We ran the ball down their throats all game long. It's time we get a QB capable of more than 10-28, 141 yds, 1 TD, 2 INTs / game. That's pathetic. And don't tell me how he led the NFL in completion percentage. Over half of those throws were 4 and 5 yard dump offs to RBs. PFT! This guy was done a disservice in 2002 by being thrown directly into the fire and that is unfortunate. However, we need to move on as a team and start winning some more games. WITHOUT David Carr.

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Just because I love and support my team doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on what needs to be done to improve it.

If David is our QB next year, then I'm going to be rooting and cheering for him when he steps on that field. But I can't lie and say I don't think someone else could perform better with the same supporting cast. And I can't lie and say that every time he drops back, I don't have butterflies in my stomach singing "don't screw up" in chorus.

i was replying to HoustonFrog or whatever his name is, about him beign embarrased, not all fans. It was directed soley to him and noone else !

Navy_Chris
02-23-2007, 09:29 PM
i was replying to HoustonFrog or whatever his name is, about him beign embarrased, not all fans. It was directed soley to him and noone else !

Eric Moulds had single coverage ALL DAY in the Tennessee game. David NEVER looked at him. Chris Taylor was lined up at fullback for ONE play the entire game. He was wide open, with just a MLB to beat. David NEVER looked at him. I see a pattern here....

kbourda
02-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Come on peeps! I'm no carr fan but there is no need for a thread like this. BTW, the definition of disdain is: lack of respect accompanied by a feeling of intense dislike.

HoustonFrog
02-23-2007, 09:44 PM

I'm not embarrassed about the team or the people I support. I'm embarrassed at times that people think that sports or a team hits a point where they are infallible. There are QBs, RBs, and many top draft picks that fail. A minute percentage make it in the NFL. I'm just stunned that people who follow the game think that you can actually just wait and give someone the "bubble" perfect scenario before they can judge a guy. If that was the M.O. then the Ryan Leafs of the world..guys with strong arms and a good college career would be standing in line waiting for a line, RB and perfect situation.

Navy_Chris
02-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Come on peeps! I'm no carr fan but there is no need for a thread like this. BTW, the definition of disdain is: lack of respect accompanied by a feeling of intense dislike.

i don't know about everyone else, but that's how i feel about David Carr. I have a lack of respect for the guy because he shows no heart, no intesnse desire to get to the next level. I VERY intensely dislike this guy being our QB. Is there any way we can still draft Vince Young? Just checking.

Navy_Chris
02-23-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm not embarrassed about the team or the people I support. I'm embarrassed at times that people think that sports or a team hits a point where they are infallible. There are QBs, RBs, and many top draft picks that fail. A minute percentage make it in the NFL. I'm just stunned that people who follow the game think that you can actually just wait and give someone the "bubble" perfect scenario before they can judge a guy. If that was the M.O. then the Ryan Leafs of the world..guys with strong arms and a good college career would be standing in line waiting for a line, RB and perfect situation.

maybe next year we can go 7-9!! YES!! a whole game difference. break out the confetti for the big party. woohoo.

This team has been poorly run since its inception in 2002. If this team REFUSES to acknowledge the need to move David Carr out of Houston, it will just be the icing on the cake. In all fairness, Gary should've gotten rid of him when he got here. It makes perfect sense....struggling QB, new coach, NEW QB. It's not rocket science.

Honoring Earl 34
02-23-2007, 10:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/ncf/seniorbowl/carrgamediary.html

Navy_Chris
02-23-2007, 10:10 PM

(intense laughter)

Why do certain players get taken highly in the draft after only ONE GOOD YEAR in college? Can someone explain that to me?

HoustonFrog
02-23-2007, 10:14 PM
maybe next year we can go 7-9!! YES!! a whole game difference. break out the confetti for the big party. woohoo.

This team has been poorly run since its inception in 2002. If this team REFUSES to acknowledge the need to move David Carr out of Houston, it will just be the icing on the cake. In all fairness, Gary should've gotten rid of him when he got here. It makes perfect sense....struggling QB, new coach, NEW QB. It's not rocket science.

You know my post was was not it support of Carr but was commenting on the blind support, right?

Navy_Chris
02-23-2007, 10:19 PM
You know my post was was not it support of Carr but was commenting on the blind support, right?

yeah i know. i was just trying to get my comment in.

michaelm
02-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Disdain is the proper word to describe my feelings towards Carr threads, pro or con...

It's like the movie "Groundhog's Day", except merely re-living every day would be preferable at this point to re-living every day and being forced to listen to a broken record every waking hour...

I acknowledge the inherent right of the people to criticize, or praise David Carr as they so choose, but good Lord, it's like a continuous painful ringing in my ear...

The "detainees" in Guantanamo should thank Allah they aren't Texans fans... if they were, these threads would be much more effective than any torture the government could dream up...

Heath Shuler
02-23-2007, 11:12 PM
beating the Cowboys in 02 while throwing 2 TDs, well thats a pretty good reason, sure i know it was 5 years ago but come on its still one of my best memories. Where were you guys at in 04 when we went 7-9, i didnt see all you anti carr posters then !

I agree, beating the Cowboys was one of, if not the best moments in franchise history. But you have to admit that was a long time ago and Carr is regressing, not getting better.

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 11:15 PM
I agree, beating the Cowboys was one of, if not the best moments in franchise history. But you have to admit that was a long time ago and Carr is regressing, not getting better.

maybe the o-line is regressing as well ! Just maybe !?!?!?!?

Heath Shuler
02-23-2007, 11:21 PM
maybe the o-line is regressing as well ! Just maybe !?!?!?!?
Chicken and the egg, lol.
The O-line has gone through many changes, what has been the one constant from day 1?

Marcus
02-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Disdain is the proper word to describe my feelings towards Carr threads, pro or con...

It's like the movie "Groundhog's Day", except merely re-living every day would be preferable at this point to re-living every day and being forced to listen to a broken record every waking hour...

I acknowledge the inherent right of the people to criticize, or praise David Carr as they so choose, but good Lord, it's like a continuous painful ringing in my ear...

The "detainees" in Guantanamo should thank Allah they aren't Texans fans... if they were, these threads would be much more effective than any torture the government could dream up...

Great post!

It's the reason why I want Carr gone. I'm just sick of the whole Carr issue, period.

SamuraiSword
02-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Carr needs to go.

That's all.

So Porky how does it feel that this is your year? This is the year of the :pigfly: as Double Barrel said it. :joker:

i say its time for a change that way we can stop with all the DC threads! I hope he succeeds someplace else.

dirty steve
02-24-2007, 12:07 AM

it does seem like it is neverending. i dont have many great things to say about DC, but i dont start threads just to bash him that just rehash things we have already seen. it's like those on both sides are trying to outdo each other with these "praise carr/diss carr" dueling threads. this needs to be over with soon--whether they move him or not.

dirty steve
02-24-2007, 12:10 AM
i cant believe...i am actually agreeing with you. all this is like beating your head against the wall, over and over again.

NFLforher
02-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Carr needs to go.

That's all.

"Disdian???"

:bubble:

Double Barrel
02-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Yes, I caught the typo right away, but don't know how to change it.

Fixed. Just PM a mod next time and we'll take care of it for ya'. :ok:

Vinny
02-24-2007, 11:16 AM
this stood out like a Nostradamus quatrain
5:00 p.m. CT: After that first series, I talked with my coaches and Tulane QB Patrick Ramsey about some options. I need to settle down and get a feel for the game. I sure wasn't expecting to get sacked a couple of times in that second series. It wasn't scary or anything but it's never any fun to get dropped.

aj.
02-24-2007, 11:19 AM
(He) need(s) to settle down and get a feel for the game.

Kubiak is still saying that.

TexansSeminole
02-24-2007, 11:25 AM
this stood out like a Nostradamus quatrain

Haha, sounds about right. He is still trying to figure the same things 5 years later.

cuppacoffee
02-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Chicken and the egg, lol.
The O-line has gone through many changes, what has been the one constant from day 1?

Let me guess. How about the constant changing O-line that you mentioned? :lightbulb:

Good job Heath!..:highfive:

Seems to me that you recognized the problem without realizing it.. :secret:

:coffee:

aj.
02-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Let me guess. How about the constant changing O-line that you mentioned? :lightbulb:

Pitts, Weary and McKinney started the first game for the Texans in '02 and the last game in '06.

I wonder how many other teams in the league had at least 3 of 5 of the same OL starters at the beginning and end of that 5 year/80 game period.

NATHANHALE
02-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Pitts, Weary and McKinney started the first game for the Texans in '02 and the last game in '06.

I wonder how many other teams in the league had at least 3 of 5 of the same OL starters at the beginning and end of that 5 year/80 game period.

...watch out AJ! The :homer: 's depend upon blaming the OL for Carr's 'play,' or lack there of...and, even worse, logic is a foregn word to them.

aj.
02-24-2007, 01:30 PM
...watch out AJ! The 's depend upon blaming the OL for Carr's 'play,' or lack there of...and, even worse, logic is a foregn word to them.

I'm not saying the OL personnel and coaching situation was never a factor, far from it, it's been a big issue. But people tend to use it too much as an excuse and I don't think it's as bad as what's being portrayed.

cuppacoffee
02-24-2007, 01:35 PM

AJ..one of the posters I respect more that most ...but kinda misleading don't you think?

They hardly played every game at the same position.

Lots of position changes and different players along side of them. Not real conducive to the much talked about O line chemistry.

I don't think you are one of the posters that I would need to point out the different positions the players you named have played in that 80 game period.

Or need to name the inept players that have played along side them.

Who, of the three you named, could have started for another team in the NFL?

Maybe this one constant could be one of our problems?

Just saying ... Carr isn't the only problem, or the most glaring.

I hope, like you apparently do, that Carr gets another chance somewhere else.

I just can't sit idly by while the haters blame him for everything from the war in Iraq to global warming.

I suspect that you will be as pleased as I will when these Carr threads end.

NATHANHALE
02-24-2007, 02:38 PM
"Just saying ... Carr isn't the only problem, or the most glaring."

OK, I'll bite. Who is most glaring and-remember-we're talking about an individual and please back-up your opinion with facts...thanks.

aj.
02-24-2007, 04:05 PM

McKinney was a starter when we signed him. He's not great but he could start for more than one NFL team. That's one.

Pitts is a good o-lineman and could start for many teams. That's two.

Weary didn't break out until last season, getting Sherman in here may have saved his career. He could start for many teams now. That's three.

The line situation has been an issue, of course, but it isn't as bad as it's made out to be.

"Carr is part of the problem" are six words that are just as difficult for some people to say as "My name is so and so and I'm an alcoholic." .

The OL is part of the problem too, but stop making Carr out to be something he's not. He's an average QB who obviously needs a lot of high quality help around him, and he will continue to have similar problems as he's having here wherever he goes. Since you bring up the OL talent, it's obvious to me now that Carr was drafted way too early and with that came franchise QB type expectations. He's another Kyle Boller to me and it's not like he could walk in and start for every NFL team either.

DenverBorn
02-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Bye bye baby bye bye
It's your turn to cry
That's why we have to say goodbye
So say goodbye

Bye bye baby bye bye
It's your turn to cry
This time we have to say goodbye
So say goodbye

Heath Shuler
02-24-2007, 04:52 PM

Good job Heath!..:highfive:

Seems to me that you recognized the problem without realizing it.. :secret:

Of the 43 (41 against Carr) sacks given up last year; what percentage would you assign responsibility to the O-line?

Heath Shuler
02-24-2007, 05:07 PM
AJ..one of the posters I respect more that most ...but kinda misleading don't you think?

They hardly played every game at the same position.

Lots of position changes and different players along side of them. Not real conducive to the much talked about O line chemistry.

I don't think you are one of the posters that I would need to point out the different positions the players you named have played in that 80 game period.

Maybe this one constant could be one of our problems?

Just saying ... Carr isn't the only problem, or the most glaring.

I hope, like you apparently do, that Carr gets another chance somewhere else.

I just can't sit idly by while the haters blame him for everything from the war in Iraq to global warming.

I suspect that you will be as pleased as I will when these Carr threads end.

Wow, hyperbole and name calling all in the same sentence; thatís impressive.

Navy_Chris
02-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Of the 43 (41 against Carr) sacks given up last year; what percentage would you assign responsibility to the O-line?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of looking at Domanick and David up top on the banner.

I mean, it's a cute little touch...but, can we get some 'real' football players on there instead of a guy that gets paid to rehab and an overrated excuse for a quarterback?

Porky
02-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Okay, I thought about it for a day. Yep, disdain still works for me.

Thanks to the mods for fixing my title.

And yes, can we please get like Democo and AJ on the top banner please. :ok:

Trap_Star
02-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Plain and simple, Carr is atrocious. HE NEEDS TO GO. At this point last year, I was defending him, but he let me, the city of Houston, and the Texans down. 5 years is enough. Carr lovers need to wake up and smell the fumes from the busted Carr because the rest of us are suffocating at this point...

PapaL
02-24-2007, 08:55 PM

OK, I'll bite. Who is most glaring and-remember-we're talking about an individual and please back-up your opinion with facts...thanks.

+1 Good Question...

NATHANHALE
02-24-2007, 09:22 PM
+1 Good Question...

...yeah, but I asked it 6 hrs ago, but that's typical. Carr's supporters seldom back up what they 'spout' off about and rarely-if ever-answer a question.

thunderkyss
02-24-2007, 10:55 PM
...yeah, but I asked it 6 hrs ago, but that's typical. Carr's supporters seldom back up what they 'spout' off about and rarely-if ever-answer a question.

when the season started, I think our biggest problem was Mike Flanagan. I'd call you a flat out liar if you told me he was a 300lb man. Linebackers were manhandling him like he was a 185lb WR trying to block. & he didn't stand a chance against a DT. Somehow, he started 9 games for us.

Hogdon played a little better. Didn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed though... I thought he'd catch on, but after 5 starts he didn't make the plays I thought should have been made... & I understand that I could be wrong about what his responsibilities should be. I do think he was an improvement over Flanagan in pass-pro, but that's not saying a lot. on running plays, he looked very adequate when he was in on a double team, but one on one with a DT, he couldn't get any push, and was shed very easily.

When McKinney came in, at center, I had to eat a lot of crow. I don't recall him playing very well as a Center in '05, but my high opinion of him now, may be due to crap we saw for 13 games.

Next to Flanagan & Hogdon, Weigart was the biggest liability in pass-pro. I think age has caught up with him, I can't think of one game he did not get outworked, either inside or out. He was however our best lineman in the run game, bar none. So I do understand him starting for so long. He could get out in space, and he could move the biggest DLman, and woe be unto any LB that got in his way.

Winston was a big drop off in the run game, which is why we started to pull Pitts to that side. Pass-pro was about the same when he first started, but I think he made good progress as the year went on. I'm not saying he could start for another team right now, & it might be wishful thinking that he'd be ready come September. But it doesn't make sense to start Weigart..... we've found a way to compensate for Winston's run blocking.. but not for Weigart's pass blocking.

McKinney as a guard was another problem... Weary was a huge improvement in both aspects of the game. For some reason McKinney couldn't clear a whole for our Running backs... he's bigger than Weary, and you'd think he'd run folks over. Weary didn't run anybody over, but if it was a run off the right guard, the DT wouldn't be there... or the DE, he did a much better job of rolling him onto the Center or RT, then getting to the second level. I think he needs to be more aggressive when getting to the second level, and punching the LBs instead of just putting his hands up and getting in the LBs way.

Again, McKinney is a bigger man, & he did well, staying in front of the DLman, but he'd get pushed back a lot quicker than Weary.

Edit: I just looked, and they are the same size... I thought McKinney looked bigger.....

Those were our biggest problems on the OL this year..... three guys who shouldn't have been starting. McKinney was still recovering from an injury as late as our third preseason game..... that may have had something to do with the way he performed early in the year, as opposed to the strength he showed at the end of the year. & I don't know what issues Flannagan had to deal with, but he didn't look worth a damn from day one.

Salaam & Pitts also had problems, but nothing like what I saw on the right side of the line. I find myself arguing in favor of Salaam, because he plays that important Left Tackle position. He played a lot better than I expected, especially against the "big name" DEs that he faced....... Darren Howard, Jason Taylor, Dwight Freeney, Demarcus Ware... I still think we can do better, and should... I think he's the best LT that we've had play that position, with the possible exception of Pitts back in the day. I'd love him to stay on this team, but I wouldn't expect him to play more than 5 games straight.

Overall, I think the OL looked as bad as it had in the past, until Hogdon had a couple of games under his belt. Then we looked more avg. With McKinney Weary & Winston I think we are avg..... of course the talent we played against when those guys got into the game dropped off quite a bit, so that may have me believing these guys are playing better than they really are.

cuppacoffee
02-24-2007, 11:21 PM

Wrong again. We're not talking about an individual. I'll bold a few items to make it easier for you.

Read the post again.

"Lots of position changes and different players along side of them. Not real conducive to the much talked about O line chemistry.

Maybe this one constant could be one of our problems?"

Hope this helps.

You are welcome.

cuppacoffee
02-24-2007, 11:36 PM

There are a lot of typicals around here..:shades:

Exactly what was "spouted off about?"..:potkettle:

BTW...I've noticed that some posters tend to ignore answers when they disagree with them.

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, didn't know you were on a message board posting schedule. :violin

cuppacoffee
02-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Wow, hyperbole and name calling all in the same sentence; thatís impressive.

Well...Yeah...Might have been a little excessive. :D

the flash
02-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Daivd Carr=Homer Simpson
People In This Thread(including me)= Grimes a.k.a. Grimey

Homer is alive. Grimey is dead.:winky:

NATHANHALE
02-25-2007, 01:44 AM
There are a lot of typicals around here..:shades:

Exactly what was "spouted off about?"..:potkettle:

BTW...I've noticed that some posters tend to ignore answers when they disagree with them.

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, didn't know you were on a message board posting schedule. :violin

Let me try to write this so even you can understand what I'm saying. First, you said Carr (an individual) was not the most glaring problem. I asked you to name an individual that was more glaring. As usual your response was to go into one of your 'talk in circle' chants that never answered my question.

Don't despair, however, as this is just the way you are and you can't help it--little 'posties' and all...

michaelm
02-25-2007, 03:26 AM
Let me try to write this so even you can understand what I'm saying. First, you said Carr (an individual) was not the most glaring problem. I asked you to name an individual that was more glaring. As usual your response was to go into one of your 'talk in circle' chants that never answered my question.

Don't despair, however, as this is just the way you are and you can't help it--little 'posties' and all...

The problem is that you're the person who limited the label "glaring problem" to an individual.
If I say, "Carr isn't the most glaring problem, the OL is", are you going to say "they don't count... they're not an individual..?"
The OL CAN be the most glaring problem, despite David Carr's individuality...

BTW, I'm just debating semantics here... this is not a statement for or against DC or anyone else being the "glaring problem"...

NATHANHALE
02-25-2007, 05:05 AM
The problem is that you're the person who limited the label "glaring problem" to an individual.
If I say, "Carr isn't the most glaring problem, the OL is", are you going to say "they don't count... they're not an individual..?"
The OL CAN be the most glaring problem, despite David Carr's individuality...

BTW, I'm just debating semantics here... this is not a statement for or against DC or anyone else being the "glaring problem"...

FYI, this was the post I was responding to--see the 3rd word? For me, he named an individual, so I was taking that as he had someone else in mind. His statement as he wrote it could be taken different ways...

If he had written the way you suggest, there is only 1 interpretation..did he ever answer the question either way?

swtbound07
02-25-2007, 05:18 AM

FYI, this was the post I was responding to--see the 3rd word? For me, he named an individual, so I was taking that as he had someone else in mind. His statement as he wrote it could be taken different ways...

If he had written the way you suggest, there is only 1 interpretation..did he ever answer the question either way?

As he wrote it, I took it to mean there is a more glaring PROBLEM, not necessarily person. For my 2 cents, no, there isn't, and he has no coherent point, but whatever. This is the disdain thread....poo on carr.

Johnny Utah
02-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Count me as one who wants to get him out of here. Having a new QB, regardless who, would be a reason to get excited about Texans football next season.

Vinny
02-25-2007, 10:44 AM
And yes, can we please get like Democo and AJ on the top banner please. :ok:It will change sometime before camp....and btw, its DeMeco, not democo.

dirty steve
02-25-2007, 01:08 PM
It will change sometime before camp....and btw, its DeMeco, not democo.
sounds like a new frappucino blend at starbucks.

TexansSeminole
02-25-2007, 01:20 PM
sounds like a new frappucino blend at starbucks.

Are a country maybe?

Porky
02-25-2007, 02:30 PM
It will change sometime before camp....and btw, its DeMeco, not democo.

I don't know what the deal is lately. Maybe still getting used to writing on a laptop keyboard instead of a desktop. I keep messing up, and no I haven't been drinking. :drunk:

Texanfan4ever
02-25-2007, 05:48 PM
You know Porky, after seeing that this thread had appeared this morning, I chose not to read it. But after thinking about it off and on today, I have to say that this is such an immature response to someone who was trying to be nice to David. Don't you think you have enough of these threads already that this is seriously a little redundant?

All of this has been said before. What are you going to do if David is still here come August? Therapy maybe???? Good luck.

aj.
02-25-2007, 06:08 PM
You know Porky, after seeing that this thread had appeared this morning, I chose not to read it. But after thinking about it off and on today, I have to say that this is such an immature response to someone who was trying to be nice to David. Don't you think you have enough of these threads already that this is seriously a little redundant?

All of this has been said before. What are you going to do if David is still here come August? Therapy maybe???? Good luck.

Okay, let's recap.

You saw the thread. You decided not to read it. But then you thought about it off and on all day and decided to post something about it anyway. Then you caution someone else about a possible need for therapy.

Did I miss anything?

TwinSisters
02-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Then you caution someone else about a possible need for therapy.

Did I miss anything?

yeah I forgot to respond to this in time.

I already have anger management therapy. And I am not allowed to watch any Texans' games without a big sheet of cardboard taped up on the screen. This blocks out everything on half of the field that might trigger an outburst.

Not to mention the nurses have to prerecord the games and edit out any close-ups and bleep out any foul references before hand.

NFLforher
02-25-2007, 07:30 PM
lol: lol:

yeah I forgot to respond to this in time.

I already have anger management therapy. And I am not allowed to watch any Texans' games without a big sheet of cardboard taped up on the screen. This blocks out everything on half of the field that might trigger an outburst.

Not to mention the nurses have to prerecord the games and edit out any close-ups and bleep out any foul references before hand.

:joker:

threeputtsam
02-25-2007, 07:34 PM
There once was a quarterback named Carr,
Who never took his team very far,
at crunch-time he stumbled,
or worse yet he fumbled,
and thus he remains sub-par.

petedy
02-25-2007, 09:48 PM
I don't know what the deal is lately. Maybe still getting used to writing on a laptop keyboard instead of a desktop. I keep messing up, and no I haven't been drinking. :drunk:
It's called autism.

Second Honeymoon
02-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Carr blows....lets get a real QB for crying out loud

the dude just doesnt have enough between the ears to ever amount to a hill of beans in the NFL...sad but true

so in closing, Carr blows

BigWig
02-26-2007, 07:18 AM
Disdain

Anything But Carr= ABC :pigfly:

Porky
02-26-2007, 10:37 AM
or worse yet he fumbled,

Alright, now that is good! :tease:

real
02-26-2007, 10:39 AM
or worse yet he fumbled,

That's good....gave me a nice chuckle....

:mario:

BigWig
02-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Dis-------

BigWig
02-26-2007, 11:00 AM
-----------------------------------dain!:tease:

Porky
02-26-2007, 11:34 AM
-----------------------------------dain!:tease:

Are you bigger on the dis or on the dain? Personally, I am a dain man myself. :shades:

jerek
02-26-2007, 11:43 AM
or worse yet he fumbled,

I support Carr staying here but I have to admit that gave me a chuckle.

Texanfan4ever
02-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Okay, let's recap.

You saw the thread. You decided not to read it. But then you thought about it off and on all day and decided to post something about it anyway. Then you caution someone else about a possible need for therapy.

Did I miss anything?

No, you didn't miss anything, it's really sick itsn't it. Hey, I'm the first one to admit that I probably need therapy too. No doubt about it. We just all need it for different reasons. LOL

Just the thought of the fallout, if David is still here, to a bunch of people will be pretty disasterous. You know what I mean?

The Pencil Neck
02-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Just the thought of the fallout, if David is still here, to a bunch of people will be pretty disasterous. You know what I mean?

If David is still here, I'll be cheering for him along with the rest of the team. But I can't say that I don't think that if he starts every game, I expect him to cost us at least 2-3 games.

TwinSisters
02-27-2007, 04:54 AM
What's the official count for the number of losses with Carr as the starter for the Texans?

I think it is 53. If anybody knows different, let me know.

Testaverde Bucs 88-92 had 56 losses at most ( but Vinny didn't start them all, less than fifty )
Jake Plummer Cardinals 97-01 :53 losses ( I think, could be wrong )
Neil Lomax Cardinals 82-88 :57 at most /strike season though
Jeff Blake only had 50 some odd losses as a starter for the 94-99 Bengals

what a loser.

BigWig
02-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Its all about the ABC's of Texan football-
Anything But Carr!

cuppacoffee
02-27-2007, 05:25 PM

Geeez.

As I said in an earlier reply on this thread.

"I've noticed that some posters tend to ignore answers when they disagree with them."

I guess I could add an appendix saying: "or choose to twist them to mean whatever they want them to mean."

Any further discourse on this topic will be fruitless.

And yes...I do love using the smilies, thats why they are there...:D

Koolaid Time
02-27-2007, 06:46 PM
If David is still here, I'll be cheering for him along with the rest of the team. But I can't say that I don't think that if he starts every game, I expect him to cost us at least 2-3 games.

Kolb's stock went up with the Texans based upon his performance in the combine.

Look for the Texans to dump Carr before the Draft.. If they draft Kolb in the 2nd, Carr's trade value approximates that of a 1977 AMC Pacer........

QB75
02-27-2007, 08:55 PM
What's the official count for the number of losses with Carr as the starter for the Texans?

I think it is 53. If anybody knows different, let me know.

Testaverde Bucs 88-92 had 56 losses at most ( but Vinny didn't start them all, less than fifty )
Jake Plummer Cardinals 97-01 :53 losses ( I think, could be wrong )
Neil Lomax Cardinals 82-88 :57 at most /strike season though
Jeff Blake only had 50 some odd losses as a starter for the 94-99 Bengals

what a loser.

How many of these guys played from day 1 on an expansion team? None. Sorry, meaningless comparison.

:loser

TwinSisters
02-27-2007, 10:20 PM
How many of these guys played from day 1 on an expansion team? None. Sorry, meaningless comparison.

well let's see then...

Arizona Cardinals 2002-2006/ 25-55 founded 1920
Detroit Lions 2002-2006/ 22-58 founded 1930

Expansion team 2002-2006/ 24-56 founded 2002

Thanks for Tony Banks
( otherwise it would be meaningless and the Lions would have topped us )

----
Lions and Cardinals founded around 1920 and 1930... actual dates not confirmed.
----

Cleveland Browns 2002-2006/ 28-52 ( really 1999 )

too bad they had Tim Couch on that 9-7 season, otherwise we would have topped them too.

Oakland Raiders 2002-2006/ 26-54 founded 1960

Started out with a Super Bowl in 2002.

HoustonFrog
02-27-2007, 10:24 PM

That works for maybe 1-2 years...not 5. Nice try. The Cardinals might as well be an expansion team.

QB75
02-28-2007, 07:31 AM
That works for maybe 1-2 years...not 5. Nice try. The Cardinals might as well be an expansion team.

No, it works in this case too. Bad comparison.

Silver Oak
02-28-2007, 07:50 AM
Kolb's stock went up with the Texans based upon his performance in the combine.

Look for the Texans to dump Carr before the Draft.. If they draft Kolb in the 2nd, Carr's trade value approximates that of a 1977 AMC Pacer........

If they draft Kolb before the third, expect me to be the guy in the stands next season with my Carr jersey on....booing every play by Kolb. I'll take a page from the VY Lovers Playbook on that one.

srstex
02-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Defense wins championships, sounds good ,and look at who was in the SB Da-Bears, and after Good defense in the playoffs the Colts. If you want wins, start calling all the sport news station with an informed opinion, fix the worst part of our team first, the defense, then tweak the offense, Sage may be the man, why spend $8 + on some other teams reject QB when we already have two ? Let's look at this team logicly, with out hate, write down the numbers by position, and find the cause of the problems and stop chasing symptoms.

thunderkyss
02-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Defense wins championships, sounds good ,and look at who was in the SB Da-Bears, and after Good defense in the playoffs the Colts. If you want wins, start calling all the sport news station with an informed opinion, fix the worst part of our team first, the defense, then tweak the offense, Sage may be the man, why spend $8 + on some other teams reject QB when we already have two ? Let's look at this team logicly, with out hate, write down the numbers by position, and find the cause of the problems and stop chasing symptoms.

I agree that we don't need Plummer.

but let's see... thinking logically. We have been the most sacked team in the NFL for 5 years running. 2nd most all time for any 5 year period. hmm.... we gave up 41 sacks in '06, only using the shotgun formation 4 times, twice with our "Starter"... hmm.. logically, I'd say use more shotgun formations. & whatever reason you have for not, that is more than likely your biggest problem.

tsip
02-28-2007, 10:43 AM

...not on expansion teams, but more and more QBs are starting (and producing) in their 1st season-Cutler,Lienhart(sp), and Young. But,even if they had been in Carr's shoes, I think all 3 would either be producing by their 5th yr-now going on 6th-or they'd be gone.

Very few 1st rd qbs with their big money are kept by their signing team unless there is some ROI. So, while Carr's play has been 'stifled' by every excuse known to man (and some new ones), he's still with the same team that still pays him the big money--only 1 thing is missing...

TwinSisters
03-01-2007, 05:20 PM
time to ring the bell...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/phil_taylor/02/28/qbs.draft/

Sports Illustrated talking about 1st round wanna-bes, not-quites, and flat-out busts... and look whose picture is the center piece

I wrote the following nearly five years ago in this space:

Some guy named David Garrard was the Jaguars' fourth-round pick in the NFL Draft 10 days ago. David Garrard is a quarterback from East Carolina. With that sentence, I have completely exhausted my reservoir of knowledge about David Garrard. I don't know whether he's right- or left-handed, how fast he runs the 40, or if he has the arm strength to throw the deep out. But I do know this: There's a decent chance that David Garrard will have as productive a pro career as David Carr, the QB who went to the Texans as the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.
-- Hot Button, April 2002

Not surprisingly, nothing that's happened since has proven those words wrong. Garrard is a backup quarterback for the Jags who has had some impressive moments in relief of Byron Leftwich, and he's likely to start for someone in the future. Carr has had his moments too -- unfortunately many of them were spent on his back after the Texans' porous offensive line allowed another sack, and his future as Houston's starting quarterback is uncertain. The bottom line is that five years after the draft, the QB who was the top overall pick has an NFL future that's not much brighter, if at all, than the QB who was an obscure fourth-round choice. That shouldn't be a surprise; that's the way it is with quarterbacks.

Carr sharing time with a backup that plays for Jacksonville.