PDA

View Full Version : What IF...Plummer AND Carr

TexansSB07
02-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Plummer doersn't have a huge market, most teams sticking with what they have and looking for a "wunderkind" in draft. so what if Texans sign him as an FA and he competes with Carr & Rosenfels for starter. any thoughts on this scenario:stirpot:

thunderkyss
02-23-2007, 02:23 PM
IMHO, if David is on this team, he'll be considered our future at QB, whether he starts or not. Brining in Jake is just giving David some much needed rest. Why spend a dime trying to get David some breathing room. Sage can handle that, and I believe he can play just as well(I honestly think better) than Jake could.

Just start Sage, and see if David can grasp the offense by week 5.... week 8 at the latest.

Texan_Bill
02-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Assuming the Broncos cut Plummer out right? Than yes, he could sign as a FA, but would you want Carr and Plummer's salaries?

I wouldn't.

I agree with TK... If you are keeping Carr (as the future) but need to give him some "rest", than thats why you signed a very capable back-up in Sage.

Double Barrel
02-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Too much money at one position when we've got so many other needs to address. I think it'll be an either/or situation with regards to Plummer and Carr.

edo783
02-23-2007, 02:58 PM
It may just be posturing, but Plummer is considering retirement. Said it on the Denver news last night.

Texas_Thrill
02-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Either Or But Not Both!

Double Barrel
02-23-2007, 04:59 PM
It may just be posturing, but Plummer is considering retirement. Said it on the Denver news last night.

John McClain just talked about this on the radio. He said the Denver media is making a mountain out of a molehill. It came from an interview with Cutler, who listed a bunch of routes Plummer could go, and at the end mentioned retirement. The media grabbed the last part and ran with it.

But McClain confirmed that Plummer will play next season, and wants to play for Kubiak. He said Plummer has told this to personal friends of McClains, so take it FWIW.