PDA

View Full Version : omg Vince Young honored in state capitol

SamuraiSword
02-23-2007, 02:59 PM
http://keyetv.com/topstories/local_story_051163942.html

Wow I am speechless on this.....The Texas senators even honor him as well.Where is he going to be honored next? I say George Bush Jr will be the next one...Is fate rubbing it in our face for choosing the wrong guy???

TexansLucky13
02-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Who cares

geofb
02-23-2007, 03:10 PM

Is fate rubbing it in our face for choosing the wrong guy???

Hardly. The consensus pick at QB in last year's draft plays for the Arizona Cardinals now. If we made a mistake in our draft board rankings, so did just about every other team. Though it will be years before we know if we made a mistake or not.

Texas_Thrill
02-23-2007, 03:47 PM
this is about as overboard as Lucky's signature.

you do remember he won the national championship here for UT?

that's all they are honoring him for. not his play in the pros. he is a texan remember.

and who cares who the state senate is honoring. how about they spend some time improving the education system instead of honoring VY.

KennyHolmes99
02-23-2007, 06:55 PM
I say George Bush Jr will be the next one...Is fate rubbing it in our face for choosing the wrong guy???

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/Vince_young_george_w_bush.jpg

and yes... fate is rubbing it in your faces..

sorry!

Ole Miss Texan
02-23-2007, 06:58 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/Vince_young_george_w_bush.jpg

sorry!

hmm, way to wear a suit vince....jeans and a t-shirt when you shake the presidents hand? man oh man.

BattleRedToro
02-23-2007, 07:05 PM

VY asks GW for some pointers on the Wonderlic Test. :doot:

TwinSisters
02-23-2007, 07:14 PM
hmm, way to wear a suit vince....jeans and a t-shirt when you shake the presidents hand? man oh man.

well at least he is not wearing his helmet

DarkNinja
02-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Alright!! Thats the way you should greet the president when you both know that you two don't give a David Carr's butt about each other!!

Its good that they honored him. He should be, he deserves it!

Ole Miss Texan
02-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Alright!! Thats the way you should greet the president when you both know that you two don't give a David Carr's butt about each other!!

Its good that they honored him. He should be, he deserves it!

I don't get that at all.

And yes, he did deserve it. that was the best college football game ever.

kbourda
02-23-2007, 10:37 PM
That's good. Nice to see him get the praise. Cause we all know what he endured and still endures.

SamuraiSword
02-24-2007, 12:37 AM

sorry!

:scare: I think I am psychic now......Its good too see Vince being honored. He wouldn't have got playing time if he wasa Texan.

Texas_Thrill
02-24-2007, 12:39 AM

oh goodness i think the world is going to stop b/c vince didn't wear a suit to the white house.

dirty steve
02-24-2007, 01:13 AM
oh goodness i think the world is going to stop b/c vince didn't wear a suit to the white house.
the only reason people made a big deal about it is that meeting with the prez is a somewhat special and most importantly formal occasion, no matter what your politics are. i guess tenn10 was able to find an academy in the DC metro area to grab a fleece pullover for the unmomentous occasion of meeting the leader of the free world.

MeLoveTexans
02-24-2007, 03:28 AM
I think what happened is they lost his luggage that had his suit on the way to meeting the pres after the '05 championship.. i remember the austin news making a huge fuss about it here

Ole Miss Texan
02-24-2007, 04:19 AM
I'm not a fan of John Kerry at all but if he was the Pres. and i was to meet him, I'd sure as hell wear a suit and be polite. I'm not saying Vince wasn't polite or anything though... I'm just saying I would be as presentable as possible and show my respect.

Now about him losing his luggage. that would suck. i'd probably by a cheap suit or rent one...or something...unless i get off the plane and have to go straight there.

I'm not trying to make that one thing into such a big deal, i'm just saying that I would have shown more respect.

AustinJB
02-24-2007, 04:43 PM
the only reason people made a big deal about it is that meeting with the prez is a somewhat special and most importantly formal occasion, no matter what your politics are. i guess tenn10 was able to find an academy in the DC metro area to grab a fleece pullover for the unmomentous occasion of meeting the leader of the free world.

OMG, he didn't wear a suit to meet the Prez! Big Deal!!

I'm sure Carr would have worn a full suit and been the most pleasant, stand-up choir boy that you could imagine....what does all of this mean? Absolutely nothing. Give me the QB that can play football and be a great leader to his team.

Given a choice between the choir boy who wears a suit to meet the Prez and can't play to his abilities OR one who wears a jump suite but improves your team....I'll take the better QB anyday.

StarStruck
02-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm not a fan of John Kerry at all but if he was the Pres. and i was to meet him, I'd sure as hell wear a suit and be polite. I'm not saying Vince wasn't polite or anything though... I'm just saying I would be as presentable as possible and show my respect.

Now about him losing his luggage. that would suck. i'd probably by a cheap suit or rent one...or something...unless i get off the plane and have to go straight there.

I'm not trying to make that one thing into such a big deal, i'm just saying that I would have shown more respect.

I also heard that his luggage didn't arrive with the flight, been there done that. Also heard that he was still encouraged to attend the function. I don't know if someone Vince Young's size could easily buy or rent a cheap suit in the amount of time that they had. Perhaps in hindsight it would have been better to come up with a flu story and skip the whole thing. That would have probably been criticized as well though.

Congrats to Young for yet another well deserved honor.

swtbound07
02-24-2007, 05:16 PM
guys...we've done this before
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=18745

and my point still stands. Screw Bush...i wouldn't shake his hand...he's not even worth my saliva to spit on it

KennyHolmes99
02-24-2007, 05:40 PM

you know you are either jealous, envious, or placing the blame in the wrong direction when you start attacking the person VY, and not the quarterback VY. Honestly, who cares what he wears?

The Dream
02-24-2007, 06:10 PM
LOL...Vince could stop the war in Iraq if he wanted to....

HoustonFan
02-25-2007, 07:29 AM

Wow I am speechless on this.....The Texas senators even honor him as well.Where is he going to be honored next? I say George Bush Jr will be the next one...Is fate rubbing it in our face for choosing the wrong guy???

Yep. I think fate is rubbing it in our face. *sigh

TNTitan
02-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Vince didnt wear his suit because one of his teamates didnt have a suit, so he did not dress in his to make his friend more comfortable.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
02-26-2007, 08:50 AM
sorry!
Maybe in your face. Not in mine. I'm an adult who doesn't cry over spilt milk.
I was pulling for a Reggie pick over vy anyway. Based on their college play, Reggie would have been the better choice IMO.
While I scratched my head over the Mario pick at first, I finally saw what Kubiak and Co. were up to and decided that he probably knows what he's doing better than I did. Although I would have liked to see Bush in a Texan uniform, I adjusted.
I don't root for the Longhorns or vy, so I didn't really care that we didn't pick him. So, they may rub that vy choice in your face, but mine is clean.
:texan:

kastofsna
02-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Vince didnt wear his suit because one of his teamates didnt have a suit, so he did not dress in his to make his friend more comfortable.
uh huh.

real
02-26-2007, 10:42 AM
I was pulling for a Reggie pick over vy anyway. Based on their college play, Reggie would have been the better choice IMO.
While I scratched my head over the Mario pick at first, I finally saw what Kubiak and Co. were up to and decided that he probably knows what he's doing better than I did. Although I would have liked to see Bush in a Texan uniform, I adjusted.
I don't root for the Longhorns or vy, so I didn't really care that we didn't pick him. So, they may rub that vy choice in your face, but mine is clean.

Basically what you're saying is that you drank the kool-aid the Texans force fed you....

The Mario pick, was, is and will always be a bad pick.

Keldar
02-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Wow I am speechless on this.....The Texas senators even honor him as well.Where is he going to be honored next? I say George Bush Jr will be the next one

This is just getting stupid. When are the soldiers, policemen, firemen, and the true heroes being honored at the capitol? I'll speculate that taxpayer money was spent to wine and dine the fool while he was in town, as well.

:hairpull:

OrangeCountyTexansFan
02-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Basically what you're saying is that you drank the kool-aid the Texans force fed you....
Where is this Kool-aid? Does it taste like the stuff all the T-sippers drink?
The Mario pick, was, is and will always be a bad pick.
Only if the defense stays the same. If the defense improves to one of the best in the league (every defensive coordinator's dream), then Mario will be viewed as a wise choice.
But even if we hadn't taken Mario, we'd have chosen Reggie over vy. Come to grips.

real
02-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Where is this Kool-aid? Does it taste like the stuff all the T-sippers drink?

Only if the defense stays the same. If the defense improves to one of the best in the league (every defensive coordinator's dream), then Mario will be viewed as a wise choice.
But even if we hadn't taken Mario, we'd have chosen Reggie over vy. Come to grips.

As long as the defense improves? How does that factor alone make Mario a good pick? Please explain....

And there's nothing to come to grips with...I like Mario...I still think we should have gone VY or RB though...

Mr. White
02-26-2007, 03:32 PM
To people that claim to be sick of the VY talk....

You guys ever heard of the saying "Don't start none...there won't be none?"

If you want the Texans to be out from VY's shadow, then don't start these threads. If you're sick of the debate, then don't click the thread when it gets posted.

KennyHolmes99
02-27-2007, 11:47 AM

I don't see how you STILL can say Reggie would of been a better choice for your organization

El Amigo Invisible
02-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Houston Oilers , Houston Oilers

Houston Oilers #1!!!!

OrangeCountyTexansFan
02-27-2007, 12:00 PM
I don't see how you STILL can say Reggie would of been a better choice for your organization
Because we needed a dependable running back if Kubiak was going to choose to work with Carr his first year. Bush would have been my choice.
To bring in vy would have shown that Kubiak had no confidence of working with the current QB under contract. Kubes is new to head coaching, but he isn't unprofessional. Obviously he is able to see past likes and dislikes and thought he saw something he could work with.
Maybe he feels different now, but to come in and start from the ground up like all the vy people wanted him to? There's nothing to say that we wouldn't of had an identical four years like we did with Dom, with Kubiak getting the ax at the end.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
02-27-2007, 12:04 PM
As long as the defense improves? How does that factor alone make Mario a good pick? Please explain....
Because Kubiak wanted to build the defense around him. Isn't that why we made sure nobody else got him? That is pretty self explanatory.
Hindsight is 20/20. I think we should have gone with Reggie and built Kube's idea of a defense around DeMeco.

KennyHolmes99
02-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Because we needed a dependable running back if Kubiak was going to choose to work with Carr his first year. Bush would have been my choice.
To bring in vy would have shown that Kubiak had no confidence of working with the current QB under contract. Kubes is new to head coaching, but he isn't unprofessional. Obviously he is able to see past likes and dislikes and thought he saw something he could work with.
Maybe he feels different now, but to come in and start from the ground up like all the vy people wanted him to? There's nothing to say that we wouldn't of had an identical four years like we did with Dom, with Kubiak getting the ax at the end.

You could say that he had no confidence in ANY of your running backs if you guys brought in Reggie.

And no matter what he thought of Carr, it was a mistake to keep playing him.

VY started from the "ground up" on Tennessee and he had a winning record as a starter. You guys have a better WR core IMO than the Titans, so VY potentially could of done better on your team than he did with the Titans, I don't see how it could of been worse.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
02-27-2007, 12:28 PM
You could say that he had no confidence in ANY of your running backs if you guys brought in Reggie.
Our best running back was put on injured reserve. Reggie would have been good to have on deck IMO.

KennyHolmes99
02-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Our best running back was put on injured reserve.

and there is a controversy who your best QB is at the moment

OrangeCountyTexansFan
02-27-2007, 12:34 PM
And no matter what he thought of Carr, it was a mistake to keep playing him.

As a former quarterback coach, I'm sure Kubiak would have disagreed with you before the start of last season.
and there is a controversy who your best QB is at the moment
I already posted that Kubiak may be having secong thoughts NOW. Maybe you missed it.
But he wasn't having second thoughts before he ever head coached his first game as Houston's head coach.

cook56
03-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Who cares

Amen!!

Ole Miss Texan
03-01-2007, 08:25 PM
When I look at our Defensive Line, the Mario pick makes me happy. He's going to be awesome in this league...longer than VY and RB imo.

Weaver is undergoing surgery this offseason, Anthony Maddox is our best tackle who we picked up off the street, Travis Johnson has let's just say underperformed since he's been here. babin or peek would be our other DE???

Mario makes sense and if we didn't get him last year..i don't know what i'd be thinking about our dline right now. I think mario performed pretty good last year, and made a very big impact on our team even though he played with plantar fascitis the whole year and had both toe nails removed on his big toes before the season.

I know we all wanted to see more sacks from him. myself included. but is was, is and always will be a great choice....and the right choice.

The thing is none of us can go back and change it. Some people think Bush some say Young. we can't do anything about it. The way i see it, the majority of the time when there are those people that say..i told you so....i told you so. i still think its premature. we don't know what 'could have been'. we'll see in 10 years. that's when we can realistically make our decision on what was best for the team. or who had the best career.

Untill then we're all being little school girls saying " i told you vince, or i told you reggie would be better", " the texans are fools for passing on bush!"

just my 2 cents.... i support my team because i love them. i like the mario pick, but if they would have picked reggie or vince i would have supported them too...because it's a done deal, its over. the buchanon and babin trades/picks were pretty lame...and really bit us in the ass but we're all still texans fans arent we!?

Second Honeymoon
03-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Who cares

The Aggies suck and you have all-male cheerleaders....that is freakin gaye