PDA

View Full Version : Dillon seeks a new job -- Agent: RB done with Pats, not for good

Kaiser Toro
02-23-2007, 08:42 AM
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=184571

Patriots running back Corey Dillon [stats] may retire. But as of this morning, he’s not intending to.

After speaking to Dillon late last night, agent Steve Feldman said the future Hall of Fame tailback has asked the Patriots [team stats] for his release, and it will be granted on March 2, the first day of the NFL’s free agency period.

At that point, the agent said, Dillon will seek a new employer.

“We were in discussions the last few days, and based on the roster and the offense, we felt there were better opportunities out there in the NFL,” said Feldman. “He felt like getting eight or 10 carries a game didn’t give him the opportunity to demonstrate the abilities he still has. He figures he has a year or two left where he can be a premier performer.”

edo783
02-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Quick, let's start a we gotta have Dillon thread. Good player, but past it now.

AtheGreat
02-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Quick, let's start a we gotta have Dillon thread.

haha, thats the only reason i clicked on this thread. to see if there was anyone who had a "lets get dillon to mentor a rook" reply. glad to see everyone's better than that.

yourfavoritetexan42
02-23-2007, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't mind bringing him in here if we don't draft a rb... say like him be our feature back, dayne be our power guy, and like williams kind of be an experiment, to see if he still has it. We need more veteran leadership...and dillon knows how to shine on a bad team. We have 0 veteran leadership.... we need to learn how to mix veteran leadership with young talent.

Texans Horror
02-23-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm thinking of how desperate the Texans were for veteran leadership in their first three or four years. Our rookies are now old enough to be veteran leadership.

HJam72
02-23-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm thinking of how desperate the Texans were for veteran leadership in their first three or four years. Our rookies are now old enough to be veteran leadership.

That's true, but the best leader on the team was still a rookie MLB.

Mr. White
02-23-2007, 10:43 AM
There's no way that Corey Dillon would go from a dynasty to the Texans. Just ain't gonna happen.

HOU-TEX
02-23-2007, 11:11 AM
There's no way that Corey Dillon would go from a dynasty to the Texans. Just ain't gonna happen.

IMO, At his age and having won a SB, he'll be looking for big money to eventually retire on.:money:

yourfavoritetexan42
02-23-2007, 11:25 AM
once u get a ring, its all about money.

reilli
02-23-2007, 12:39 PM
haha, thats the only reason i clicked on this thread. to see if there was anyone who had a "lets get dillon to mentor a rook" reply. glad to see everyone's better than that.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=35551

:rofl: