PDA

View Full Version : "The David Carr conspiracy."

Imatexanfan
02-22-2007, 09:49 PM
I've been watching NFL Total Access for any updated news for the Texans and Carr.

What I fell upon to as of today is Kubiak saying that David Carr is going to be the QB next year regardless of what the fans think and that he needs to work with Carr as being "consistant". Which is if he wins a game carry that kind of play on to the other and so on, I totally agree with that with the exception of still drafting Kolb in the 3rd or 4th round if available.:winky:

Kubiak's main concern is the offensive tackle position for the 8th pick in this draft. He says that there's alot of depth in o-line and at WR position which I couldn't agree more but if Thomas is available take him or Peterson at RB position.

So my fellow Texans fans our famous Carr is rolling back yet again this year I just hope and pray he don't let us down.:shades:

QB75
02-22-2007, 09:51 PM
I've been watching NFL Total Access for any updated news for the Texans and Carr.

What I fell upon to as of today is Kubiak saying that David Carr is going to be the QB next year regardless of what the fans think and that he needs to work with Carr as being "consistant". Which is if he wins a game carry that kind of play on to the other and so on, I totally agree with that with the exception of still drafting Kolb in the 3rd or 4th round if available.:winky:

Kubiak's main concern is the offensive tackle position for the 8th pick in this draft. He says that there's alot of depth in o-line and at WR position which I couldn't agree more but if Thomas is available take him or Peterson at RB position.

So my fellow Texans fans our famous Carr is rolling back yet again this year I just hope and pray he don't let us down.:shades:

Hope you are right.

New_Texans
02-22-2007, 09:57 PM
yay?

Actually, I wouldnt mind having Kolb as a later draft pick. But keeping Carr makes me happy...but I wont be surprised if this is a lie though:secret:

Imatexanfan
02-22-2007, 09:59 PM
As what he said on the NFL network channel yea dude I'm right.:winky:

I knew all along he'd be here anyways because of the extention they gave hima dn the lack or lack there of on the QB sidde of the draft I mean except of Kolb that is.:tease:

Andrew6
02-22-2007, 10:02 PM
I hope its true, and like everyone before me has said, a good draft for back up would be great as well. if for nothing else the future and something to look forward to.

Imatexanfan
02-22-2007, 10:13 PM
yay?

Actually, I wouldnt mind having Kolb as a later draft pick. But keeping Carr makes me happy...but I wont be surprised if this is a lie though:secret:

I understand lil dude but thats what I saw on NFL network and relaying to ya'll so its your opinion but thats straight from Kubes head to ya'll from the combine in Indiana:aikido:

yourfavoritetexan42
02-22-2007, 10:18 PM
This is the happiest I have been since the Texans beat the colts. I am glad Carr is our man, because the more people ive talked to... the more research ive done...the more it makes me want to still root for carr on sundays.

Your our man Carr, lead this team with action.

(still would like us to draft a young one with a later pick...but don't reach, and find someone who fits the system)

the flash
02-22-2007, 10:35 PM
I hope he stays. He is the only jersey that I have right now.

Trap_Star
02-22-2007, 10:43 PM

I saw the same press conference. HE NEVER FLAT-OUT SAID CARR WILL BE HERE NEXT YEAR. He incinuated that by saying its his job to make him better...

HOOK'EM
02-22-2007, 10:49 PM
They are just trying to make a market for him. Carr's done, I can't wait till he's gone!

TEXANRED
02-22-2007, 10:50 PM
I personally think we should trade down in this draft to get more picks. The Texans have twelve positions of need, (Guard, center, tackle, RB, WR, End, DT, two OLB, CB, and two S) and only seven rounds to get it done.

I would love to see us work on getting our Lines strengthened b/c IMO championship teams have solid foundations on both sides of the ball.

I put more value in on the defensive side of the ball right now just b/c of how our division is starting to shape up offensively. I feel the team in our division with the better D is going to win.

Trap_Star
02-22-2007, 10:50 PM
They are just trying to make a market for him. Carr's done, I can't wait till he's gone!

Exactly, they're trying to keep his stock up...WAKE UP PEOPLE!!

thunderkyss
02-22-2007, 10:54 PM
If the plan is to keep David Carr. Then the Texans need to take Levi Brown in the first, and Ryan(??) Kalil in the second.

Personally, I'm liking Brown more & more each time I see him. He looks like he'd be a monster in the run blocking scheme.

Imagine: Levi Brown, Chester Pitts, Ryan Kalil, Eric Winston, Charles Spencer.

But if the plan is to sever ties with David Carr, then we need to take Marshawn Lynch(Peterson if he's there) & Stanton in the second.

jerenns
02-22-2007, 10:58 PM
I've been sick of reading message boards where fans are throwing Carr under the bus. Like he's to blame for the lame running game last year which of course puts more pressure on the QB. I sure hope they stick with Carr! I believe we can win if we get him some protection and a top RB.

HoustonFrog
02-22-2007, 10:59 PM
I've been sick of reading message boards where fans are throwing Carr under the bus. Like he's to blame for the lame running game last year which of course puts more pressure on the QB. I sure hope they stick with Carr! I believe we can win if we get him some protection and a top RB.

The lame running game that won us our two last games while we took the ball out of the hands of our highly paid QB. I see.:shades: I'm sick of fans throwing the rest of the team under the bus while finding every excuse available for a guy who hasn't improved.

TEXANRED
02-22-2007, 11:05 PM
If the plan is to keep David Carr. Then the Texans need to take Levi Brown in the first, and Ryan(??) Kalil in the second.

Personally, I'm liking Brown more & more each time I see him. He looks like he'd be a monster in the run blocking scheme.

But if the plan is to sever ties with David Carr, then we need to take Marshawn Lynch(Peterson if he's there) & Stanton in the second.

I am gonna get hammered for saying this................I like your thought except leave Weary in and take Pitts out. Sorry. There where many times I watched Pitts be unable to make it to the second level for the Zone scheme to work. He is too big and too slow. Pitts is a hellofa talent but does not fit our system. IMO.

joedinkle
02-22-2007, 11:58 PM
David is our starting quarterback. We're excited about him playing in his offense.

espn (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2775871&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos2)

DarkNinja
02-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Wow...for the 3rd time/ year in a row. :hunter: Carr will choke/ suck/ holler and play like high school football ....and I will be right again. :cry2: This organization will never get right.....oh well anyone needs some tickets? :poker:

TwinSisters
The Texans want to win now and are looking to make moves that will make them more competitive in the AFC South. Moving Carr isn't going to net a boatload of draft choices or players, and the Texans clearly need players. If no deal can be made, the team is going to be content to stay with Carr as its starting quarterback.

"That's our approach," Kubiak said of having Carr back as his starter. "We all have to get better. David has to get better. He's part of that. We all have to get a lot better, including this coach right here. And I have to continue working with David. He's the key to our franchise getting better."

as if we didn't need more to be said from last year.

I am thinking can the whole staff after this season. Then bring in Marty. It's not we really care about winning a damn post season game at this point. We just want a freaking 9-7 season. 9 and 7. Is THAT SOOOOOOO much to expect??

then we can fire Marty after he lands a 14-2 season to keep up with the NFL way of doing things.

dbspi
I have very hard time believing Carr will be QB next year after all that has been said about him. In five plus years, he really hasn't done anything. The up coming draft will tell us everything as which direction Texans are headed.

Ole Miss Texan
02-23-2007, 12:15 AM

you and me both buddy. I think those two guys would improve our team more than any two we could possibly draft. it aint sexy....but after five years of not addressing the line with top talent...they look kinda sexy to me. in a completly heterosexual way.

1. Brown
2. Kalil

with the way brown's stock is rising what if arizona take him at 5? also kalil will probably be gone before us. i want both these guys though.

mganz
02-23-2007, 12:51 AM
The lame running game that won us our two last games while we took the ball out of the hands of our highly paid QB. I see.:shades: I'm sick of fans throwing the rest of the team under the bus while finding every excuse available for a guy who hasn't improved.

come on. The Colts and Browns run defense were among the worse in the NFL. Why would you not run.

threetoedpete
02-23-2007, 12:59 AM

Yeah well there 's more than a few of us that will be very happy if they keep Carr for nothing else than to rid the board of all the vermin that's collect here for three years. Maybe the sure thing is not such a sure thing. Maybe, football minds have decided inspite of your scewed stat numbers, bent QB therories, that David is the guy. That he does indeed need a OLT once befor he is condemned out of hand and run out of town by a bunch of no nothings, never beens, experts who's only clam to fame is that they dwell a little too much at watching the QB and ball handlers and not watching what is going on in the trenches. I swear, saying out of hand , like your pied piper did last week that the Texans had ever had adiquate tallent on their o-line and the applying the resluts of those o-lines as proof at why the QB suxs is just mind boggeling. It tells me your depth a feild on the football feild stops at watching the where the football goes or how the cheerleaders wave the pom poms. I'm sick of monday morning QBs who don't have a clue beating down the rest of us for feeling the way we do. We base our opinions on what we've seen not on who they passed up in the draft. So just saying...SWT, Hollywood Texan and Vnny and the rest of you basher guys...If they do keep DC...Not as the back up but as the starter...Haven't we had enough of this stuff ? Will you guys go to another board, switch allegiances , get over VY or what ever you have to do to get on board, off board and STFU ? Just wondering there. How many years can you know it alls be dead wrong and still post in here with any credibliity at all ? I mean just asking. When will you figure out they do not agree with you and let it go ? I think it's kinda of funny myself. I think you guys would be better off analizing a naked gay croquet game than you would be at analyzing a Quarteraback. So far, you've been dead wrong three years running. Maybe if you switch sports you might get luckier ? And for most of us swtiching boards by some of you would be a relief. Carr is on the team. He is in all probablity our starting QB...the titans would be happy to have you on thier boards...I think.

swtbound07
02-23-2007, 02:17 AM
Yeah well there 's more than a few of us that will be very happy if they keep Carr for nothing else than to rid the board of all the vermin that's collect here for three years. Maybe the sure thing is not such a sure thing. Maybe, football minds have decided inspite of your scewed stat numbers, bent QB therories, that David is the guy. That he does indeed need a OLT once befor he is condemned out of hand and run out of town by a bunch of no nothings, never beens, experts who's only clam to fame is that they dwell a little too much at watching the QB and ball handlers and not watching what is going on in the trenches. I swear, saying out of hand , like your pied piper did last week that the Texans had ever had adiquate tallent on their o-line and the applying the resluts of those o-lines as proof at why the QB suxs is just mind boggeling. It tells me your depth a feild on the football feild stops at watching the where the football goes or how the cheerleaders wave the pom poms. I'm sick of monday morning QBs who don't have a clue beating down the rest of us for feeling the way we do. We base our opinions on what we've seen not on who they passed up in the draft. So just saying...SWT, Hollywood Texan and Vnny and the rest of you basher guys...If they do keep DC...Not as the back up but as the starter...Haven't we had enough of this stuff ? Will you guys go to another board, switch allegiances , get over VY or what ever you have to do to get on board, off board and STFU ? Just wondering there. How many years can you know it alls be dead wrong and still post in here with any credibliity at all ? I mean just asking. When will you figure out they do not agree with you and let it go ? I think it's kinda of funny myself. I think you guys would be better off analizing a naked gay croquet game than you would be at analyzing a Quarteraback. So far, you've been dead wrong three years running. Maybe if you switch sports you might get luckier ? And for most of us swtiching boards by some of you would be a relief. Carr is on the team. He is in all probablity our starting QB...the titans would be happy to have you on thier boards...I think.

Dead wrong? I've been right about pretty much everything i've said...i nailed david carrs season stat line in the preseason with a very high degree of accuracy. Its funny, because i have always supported my TEAM. When will you figure out that your intense apologies wont make david a better football player? Vinny isn't going anywhere. IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE. I've been here since the beginning, and this is my team, and i'll be damned if i'll be run off by somebody running his mouth about me. How about this? When and if the texans get rid of David Carr, will you leave this board and follow your boy? Will you hop teams like people hop in and out of relationships? Are you a fan of the Houston TEXANS or a fan of the Houston CARRS. I hope you, and hulk, and qb75, and all the other blithering David carr apologists are the ones who leave, because frankly you lower the collective I.Q. of the boards by 20 points everytime you log on. You hack.

SamuraiSword
02-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Dead wrong? I've been right about pretty much everything i've said...i nailed david carrs season stat line in the preseason with a very high degree of accuracy. Its funny, because i have always supported my TEAM. When will you figure out that your intense apologies wont make david a better football player? Vinny isn't going anywhere. IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE. I've been here since the beginning, and this is my team, and i'll be damned if i'll be run off by somebody running his mouth about me. How about this? When and if the texans get rid of David Carr, will you leave this board and follow your boy? Will you hop teams like people hop in and out of relationships? Are you a fan of the Houston TEXANS or a fan of the Houston CARRS. I hope you, and hulk, and qb75, and all the other blithering David carr apologists are the ones who leave, because frankly you lower the collective I.Q. of the boards by 20 points everytime you log on. You hack.

I just have to say to this post........:ohsnap:

yeah I think this team should be called the David Texans instead of the Houston Texans. I thought generally sport teams should listen to their fans, this is Houston and we fans do have some say in it. So also I guess the QB competition is a joke as well?? I was sooo high on Rick Smith.....not sure now.

kiwitexansfan
02-23-2007, 03:12 AM
I put more value in on the defensive side of the ball right now just b/c of how our division is starting to shape up offensively. I feel the team in our division with the better D is going to win.

With the likes of Vince and Peyton those teams are going to score, and probably score a lot no matter who the defense is.

We need to field a team that can score some points because we are not going to be winning games 6-3 too often.

kiwitexansfan
02-23-2007, 03:20 AM

Calm down there soldier.

Just because people still think that Carr is the answer at QB for the Texans as passionately as you want him to go, does not make them any less a Texans fan or any less intelligent.

Everyone wants the Texans to win, but not all of us agree on the best way to achieve that. Ultimately the peoples opinions that actually make a difference are those that make the decisions the Smiths, Kubiaks and McNairs of this world, and we have to trust they will do whatever it takes to keep the jobs, make their money and make this team the best Houston Texans they can make it.

So lets enjoy the debates, lets try to keep it friendly and lets root for the guys that pull on the jerseys no matter who they might be come opening day.

swtbound07
02-23-2007, 03:27 AM
Calm down there soldier.

Just because people still think that Carr is the answer at QB for the Texans as passionately as you want him to go, does not make them any less a Texans fan or any less intelligent.

Everyone wants the Texans to win, but not all of us agree on the best way to achieve that. Ultimately the peoples opinions that actually make a difference are those that make the decisions the Smiths, Kubiaks and McNairs of this world, and we have to trust they will do whatever it takes to keep the jobs, make their money and make this team the best Houston Texans they can make it.

So lets enjoy the debates, lets try to keep it friendly and lets root for the guys that pull on the jerseys no matter who they might be come opening day.

No, thats just a coincidence. He started it...I wasn't even in this thread til he typed my name.. friendly be damned

kiwitexansfan
02-23-2007, 03:42 AM
Wasn't aimed just at you swtbound07, it is a general commentary on how things tend to go around here when a contentious decision pends.

Reminds me of the deep dark Bush, VY, Mario debates of last years off season.

Makes me want to quote Jack Nicholas's character in Mars Attacks...
"Why can't we work out our differences? Why can't we work things out? Little people, why can't we all just get along?"

I will know walk down to the riverside, sit in a circle around the campfire and begin to sing Kumbaya if any one would like to join me. :friends:

whiskeyrbl
02-23-2007, 07:03 AM
The David Carr issue is probably the hardest decision for the FO to make. As many different views are on this board, I am sure there are just as many up front. But from a team view what is realistic. You hear the fans, read the paper, listen to the players, the other teams. Man it must be nerve racking. So what is the bottom line.... WINNING IS ! Do you keep Carr and draft a young QB to groom? Do you trade Carr and bring in Plummer? Or do you trade Carr and draft a QB and throw him to the wolves as we did Carr? Really and put all personal views aside. What gives OUR team the best chance of winning? You know what you have with Carr, or do you? Meaning if you keep building the TEAM around him, will he improve in another year in Kubes system? Will Plummer step in and be the savior knowing the system with better players aquired and drafted to go around him? Or will a rookie QB step in along with better players and lead this team to the promised land? I don't know the answer and I don't think anyone on this board knows the answer. However I think option 3 is not the answer. That would be starting all over IMO. So options 1 & 2 where do you go? I want to win now not 5 more years of losing. Someone please wake me out of this nightmare.

thunderkyss
02-23-2007, 07:35 AM
With the likes of Vince and Peyton those teams are going to score, and probably score a lot no matter who the defense is.

true or not, I'd like someone to say these things about our QB. I'd love for our QB to strike fear in the hearts of the opposing team.

But alas...

BattleRedToro
02-23-2007, 07:51 AM
The David Carr issue is probably the hardest decision for the FO to make. As many different views are on this board, I am sure there are just as many up front. But from a team view what is realistic. You hear the fans, read the paper, listen to the players, the other teams. Man it must be nerve racking. So what is the bottom line.... WINNING IS ! Do you keep Carr and draft a young QB to groom? Do you trade Carr and bring in Plummer? Or do you trade Carr and draft a QB and throw him to the wolves as we did Carr? Really and put all personal views aside. What gives OUR team the best chance of winning? You know what you have with Carr, or do you? Meaning if you keep building the TEAM around him, will he improve in another year in Kubes system? Will Plummer step in and be the savior knowing the system with better players aquired and drafted to go around him? Or will a rookie QB step in along with better players and lead this team to the promised land? I don't know the answer and I don't think anyone on this board knows the answer. However I think option 3 is not the answer. That would be starting all over IMO. So options 1 & 2 where do you go? I want to win now not 5 more years of losing. Someone please wake me out of this nightmare.

You need to be prepared for atleast 1 more year of losing, because this team has too many holes on both sides of the ball to be a consistent winner. The most glaring of which is the O-Line, and it will take atleast one more year to fix it. One of the reasons I am a proponent of drafting OLinemen high is that when you do you usually get guys that are able to step in immediately and help strengthen the O-Line without the learning curve that the later picks tend to go through. If you want to win soon, then don't pull for the Texans to draft a so-called "skilled position" player early. Instead, pull for them to draft a LT, followed up with a C and G in whichever order makes sense.

Vinny
02-23-2007, 09:10 AM
I am gonna get hammered for saying this................I like your thought except leave Weary in and take Pitts out. Sorry. There where many times I watched Pitts be unable to make it to the second level for the Zone scheme to work. He is too big and too slow. Pitts is a hellofa talent but does not fit our system. IMO.
One of the things Pitts does well is move his feet because that is one of the reasons the Texans want him at Guard. Personally, I think he is a better Tackle than Guard and I'd put him at RT and solve that position for the next near-decade....but eh, yay teem! I do know this....they want physical guards who can take on linebackers in space, and Pitts is one - when he plays like one. His issues generally come in other areas, so I guess my point is that getting to the second level isn't one of his problems and I've seen him handle more agile guys in space well when he gets there as he is very athletic for his size. I don't think he had his best year last season but I think his game is going to get better with his stability.

Kaiser Toro
02-23-2007, 09:20 AM
One of the things Pitts does well is move his feet because that is one of the reasons the Texans want him at Guard. Personally, I think he is a better Tackle than Guard and I'd put him at RT and solve that position for the next near-decade....but eh, yay teem! I do know this....they want physical guards who can take on linebackers in space, and Pitts is one - when he plays like one. His issues generally come in other areas, so I guess my point is that getting to the second level isn't one of his problems and I've seen him handle more agile guys in space well when he gets there as he is very athletic for his size. I don't think he had his best year last season but I think his game is going to get better with his stability.

There were a couple games late in the season where I saw him pull like a bat out of Hades at the goal line. He moved with a purpose and executed. Hopefully we repeat and stir many times.

dirty steve
02-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Vinny isn't going anywhere. IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE. I've been here since the beginning, and this is my team, and i'll be damned if i'll be run off by somebody running his mouth about me. How about this? When and if the texans get rid of David Carr, will you leave this board and follow your boy? Will you hop teams like people hop in and out of relationships? Are you a fan of the Houston TEXANS or a fan of the Houston CARRS. I hope you, and hulk, and qb75, and all the other blithering David carr apologists are the ones who leave, because frankly you lower the collective I.Q. of the boards by 20 points everytime you log on. You hack.
bro--i think you are the last one who should call people on their allegiances, being a fan of the tennessee vince's and all. i mean, if they went and rooted for the raiders, panthers, etc. at least they would have something in common with you--someone who chose to root for another team after their favorite player left Houston to go play with another team that does not play in Houston. but the difference is that they wont claim to still root for the Texans like you do, like their YOUR team.

a new avatar doesnt really change the fact that you root for the titans because tenn10 plays there. vinny HAS to be here because he is a moderator...you, just a wannabe Texans fan.

Texans Horror
02-23-2007, 09:23 AM
As much as I used to carry on about the Texans playing Wand, I have to admit, two of my favorite linemen are the guards, Weary and Pitts. Pitts I might move to tackle if I'm not picking one up this year but think Spencer will be ready eventually. If I'm thinking of playing musical chairs with the line, drafting Brown and moving Spencer to RT and Winston to RG is pretty nice.

As much as I think getting Brown and Kalil would fix the line problems, I don't see it happening if AP is available at #8. Kalil will be gone before the Texans have a chance to draft him.

Blu
02-23-2007, 09:45 AM
As long as Kubiak starts the best player at that position I don't give a flip who it is.
But just don't hand David the ball and say he's the starter without earning it.
In my eyes.. line or no line,he needs to prove himself.
I still hope they plan to develop a Qb thru the draft, I hope it's Kolb.

ROCKY
02-23-2007, 09:50 AM
It is pretty hilarious that people are whining about the staff. Kubiak and Co. are a solid staff. You can assemble an ALL MADDEN style team, but if there's no continuity, you'll lose.

Everyone who says "fire the staff for not getting rid of David" needs to go be a cowboys fan, there they will make you happy every offseason by firing everyone (those who dont quit), getting the most over-hyped high priced talent, and then choking away the season.

There is something to be said for having an honest to goodness TEAM to root for.

Although I hope all the haters stick around, I love seeing them throw kindergarten style temper tantrums!

:texan:

Spled
02-23-2007, 10:07 AM
bro--i think you are the last one who should call people on their allegiances, being a fan of the tennessee vince's and all. i mean, if they went and rooted for the raiders, panthers, etc. at least they would have something in common with you--someone who chose to root for another team after their favorite player left Houston to go play with another team that does not play in Houston. but the difference is that they wont claim to still root for the Texans like you do, like their YOUR team.

a new avatar doesn't really change the fact that you root for the titans because tenn10 plays there. vinny HAS to be here because he is a moderator...you, just a wannabe Texans fan.

I hear in Austin they show Tennessee on tv and not The Texans. To me that's a disgrace. It's like they belong to the cult of Vince and don't respect their own state.

infantrycak
02-23-2007, 10:21 AM

Agreed. The weakness I see in Pitts' game is when he has to make decisions quickly on assignments--sometimes he gets analysis paralysis. When he knows where he is going or who he is blocking he does very well.

dirty steve
02-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Agreed. The weakness I see in Pitts' game is when he has to make decisions quickly on assignments--sometimes he gets analysis paralysis. When he knows where he is going or who he is blocking he does very well.
is Pitts the guy who we know who has a definite position right now?

infantrycak
02-23-2007, 10:44 AM
is Pitts the guy who we know who has a definite position right now?

Seems that way. Like Vinny, I think he should be the long term solution at RT but apparently two different regimes consider that opinion off base so he is at G.

real
02-23-2007, 10:51 AM
... and Winston to RG is pretty nice.

I've heard this a couple times and thought about it myself, and I don't really see Winston as a gaurd.

cuppacoffee
02-23-2007, 11:30 AM

Now you went and dragged me into this. :shades:

That was a very egocentric post.

But no worry, Egoism is treatable.

Why would we want anyone to leave because of a differing opinion?

You do realize that for every pro-Carr thread there is an anti-Carr thread.

Does that make the responders blithering (?) anti-Carr haters?

Myself...I'm here for the duration. Carr or no Carr.

And NO It's not your team, its our team. Learn to live with it.

I see no sign of exceptional IQ in your postings.

Signed: A blithering (?) Carr apologist.

:coffee:

QB75
02-23-2007, 11:32 AM
I hear in Austin they show Tennessee on tv and not The Texans. To me that's a disgrace. It's like they belong to the cult of Vince and don't respect their own state.

They do belong to the cult of Vince. Austin has always had an inflated view of its significance though. No surprise.

swtbound07
02-23-2007, 05:15 PM

a new avatar doesnt really change the fact that you root for the titans because tenn10 plays there. vinny HAS to be here because he is a moderator...you, just a wannabe Texans fan.

Dirty Steve has a Plummer Avatar! He must root for the Broncos! HE's NOT a true fan. I bet you have video tapes of the mile high team on your library. Your not a Carr supporter. YOUR NOT A REAL TEXAN FAN!

You realize what just happened? I took something in your avatar completely out of context, and questioned your support for the team based on it. You realize how ridiculous that is? You have been doing it to me for MONTHS Steve. Sure, yours is somehow different in your world. But take a long hard look and get off your high horse.

BattleRedToro
02-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Dirty Steve has a Plummer Avatar! He must root for the Broncos! HE's NOT a true fan. I bet you have video tapes of the mile high team on your library. Your not a Carr supporter. YOUR NOT A REAL TEXAN FAN!

You realize what just happened? I took something in your avatar completely out of context, and questioned your support for the team based on it. You realize how ridiculous that is? You have been doing it to me for MONTHS Steve. Sure, yours is somehow different in your world. But take a long hard look and get off your high horse.

The peanutier difference is that it has been rumored that Jake Plummer will be the starting QB here next year, while it is almost an impossiblilty that Vince Young will be on the Texans next year.

dirty steve
02-23-2007, 05:25 PM

really reaching on this one, brah. you wear a division opponenets jersey on a Texans site. that doesnt exactly glean you as a fan of the Texans. then try to gloss over your Titan fandom by working a #34 into your repetoire. i have no problem with you being Titans fan, but dont jump back onto the Houston bandwagon if you choose to do so. no big words and snappy catch phrases are going to hide your transparent dogma.

swtbound07
02-23-2007, 05:32 PM
really reaching on this one, brah. you wear a division opponenets jersey on a Texans site. that doesnt exactly glean you as a fan of the Texans. then try to gloss over your Titan fandom by working a #34 into your repetoire. i have no problem with you being Titans fan, but dont jump back onto the Houston bandwagon if you choose to do so. no big words and snappy catch phrases are going to hide your transparent dogma.

i was with the TEXANS cheerleaders...funny how you always ignore that. Im not jumping back onto the houston bandwagon, i've never left it. I've been here since the beginning, and im done talking to you now. I don't associate with broncos fans.

dirty steve
02-23-2007, 05:44 PM
i was with the TEXANS cheerleaders...funny how you always ignore that. Im not jumping back onto the houston bandwagon, i've never left it. I've been here since the beginning, and im done talking to you now. I don't associate with broncos fans.
i saw a dude with some Cowboys cheerleaders in his avatar, but he is wearing Texans gear. you're pic has Texans cheerleaders and you wearing tack gear. not quite the same.

simple math:
tack gear + you wearing it = tack fan
dirty steve with plummer in his avatar = hoping for improvement at the QB position.

Just
02-23-2007, 05:53 PM

:cry2: Don't you ever get tired of complaining about what everyone else is doing wrong? I may be a newbie to post. But have never really had the urge to until now. Why cant you stop picking on people who don't share your point of view?

I get it you don't like David Carr. Some of us do. Just don't try to force your opinion on others the way you do. Deal with it.:yawn:

swtbound07
02-23-2007, 06:08 PM
i saw a dude with some Cowboys cheerleaders in his avatar, but he is wearing Texans gear. you're pic has Texans cheerleaders and you wearing tack gear. not quite the same.

simple math:
tack gear + you wearing it = tack fan
dirty steve with plummer in his avatar = hoping for improvement at the QB position.

only person with another teams player in their avatar is you traitor boy...go back to denver

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 06:10 PM
come on its an oilers jersey of campbell who was a very good rb, i wouldnt call someone a traitor for that. He was a part of houstons history not the titans, But Plummer has nothing to do with this town or team yet.

dirty steve
02-23-2007, 06:20 PM
come on its an oilers jersey of campbell who was a very good rb, i wouldnt call someone a traitor for that. He was a part of houstons history not the titans, But Plummer has nothing to do with this town or team yet.
i wasnt calling him on the #34. i was calling him on the fact that he tries get all defensive, then turn around the plummer thing on me. it's weak.

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 06:25 PM
i wasnt calling him on the #34. i was calling him on the fact that he tries get all defensive, then turn around the plummer thing on me. it's weak.

oh in that case my bad. Either way yall are both on this site and both fans so an aviator doesnt mean to much in any case.

swtbound07
02-23-2007, 06:28 PM

and don't you see that the plummer thing is me making fun of you for the stupid way you've been calling me out for these past few months?

dirty steve
02-23-2007, 06:42 PM
and don't you see that the plummer thing is me making fun of you for the stupid way you've been calling me out for these past few months?
no...not really. the difference is that one of us has a leg to stand on. grasping for straws brought to pull the plummer take out of you. anything else?

i thought you were done with me?

swtbound07
02-23-2007, 06:44 PM
no...not really. the difference is that one of us has a leg to stand on. grasping for straws brought to pull the plummer take out of you. anything else?

i thought you were done with me?

No, you don't have a leg to stand on. Look man, I don't know why you chose me for your particular valve of hate, but if you got an issue, friendswood and lamarque aren't that far away, we can certainly go somewhere and settle this like grown folks. Otherwise, I am done with you.

BattleRedToro
02-23-2007, 06:46 PM

Ok how about I make fun of your inability to take a good photo of your jersey, instead of that inversed image you took via a mirror.

BattleRedToro
02-23-2007, 06:49 PM
No, you don't have a leg to stand on. Look man, I don't know why you chose me for your particular valve of hate, but if you got an issue, friendswood and lamarque aren't that far away, we can certainly go somewhere and settle this like grown folks. Otherwise, I am done with you.

My money is on Dirty Steve. He has 9 years of scrappy experience over you plus he is dirty and don't forget the power of the beard. :aikido:

dirty steve
02-23-2007, 06:49 PM

you deliver the spewage too man. that is why you have forums like this, and if vin or any of the other mods felt anything i was saying was unkosher, they can always Pm me about. i have received no such requests. you and another poster act like i am only asking you on why you choose to wear blinders with VY or support two teams at once. i'll tell you what i told the other guy who wanted to "meet up." start with the A's in the friendswood-pearland phone book and work down.

seems like you cant deal with the pot getting stirred on you, or at least the truth.

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Cant yall just agree to diagree ?!?!?!?

dirty steve
02-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Cant yall just agree to diagree ?!?!?!?
works for me. i am done with this round of questioning. thanks for moderating.

Trap_Star
02-25-2007, 03:44 PM
I saw the same press conference. HE NEVER FLAT-OUT SAID CARR WILL BE HERE NEXT YEAR. He incinuated that by saying its his job to make him better...

LOL' someone just gave me neg rep for this^ a couple of minute ago...:aikido:

dont be shy to put your name next to it....

TexansSeminole
02-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Having a VY jersey on in your avatar doesn't mean shiz to me. Sure he will get picked on a bit but thats expected and its all in fun. Obviously the guy is a Texans fan if he is on this forum with a picture of him and TEXAN cheerleaders. Obviously the guy has some Houston love if he has a jersey of Earl Campbell with a signature on it. Grow up man, the guy supports VY and the Texans. What is the big deal. You better get used to it now because once we start winning games...there is going to be alot of bandwagon jumpers becoming fans of the Texans. Don't hate on those guys when they come around either.

It's like some of you complain about lack of respect for the Texans...but if people are a fan of the Texans and happen to be a fan of another team as well they are traitors or not true fans. Get that crap out of here.

A fan is a fan. There are different levels of fans. Don't hate if the guy isn't on your level of fandome (word or not? I dunno sounds right though).

MORAL OF THE STORY: Quit Hatin'.

Imatexanfan
02-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Personally, I'm on the Kolb bandwagon. I don't care who the starter is next year as long as Kolb is on the roster and given the chance to be groomed.

I'd love a San Diego-type situation where drafting a new player in a position lights a fire under the starter's arse, and Carr becomes another Drew Brees. Then we trade him in the last year of his contract and keep Kolb as our new franchise guy (assuming he was good enough and ready). Which he will with no problem.:bubble:

SamuraiSword
02-25-2007, 04:40 PM
LOL' someone just gave me neg rep for this^ a couple of minute ago...:aikido:

dont be shy to put your name next to it....

only mods can give negative reps from what I hear??? We can't post negative reps anymore?? :confused:

Imatexanfan
02-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah, our front office seems to drop the ball more than Carr, and needs to make giant strides this offseason to make this team watchable. We had a great draft this past year I firmly believe. We definitely needed defense, and we got it, however the secondary and the o-line has huge holes that need to be addressed. :shades:

Now I know we don't have alot of money to spend unlike the 49er's but we could still pick up some quality players out there, like Kolb for example.:winky: