PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak on NFL Network right now!!

Trap_Star
02-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Kubiak will be on Total Access at the combine right now...

NFLforher
02-22-2007, 09:26 PM
And......?

Trap_Star
02-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Some things he said:

Thinks there's a lot of good OT in this draft. Thought we had our franchise LT in Spencer. Thinks its over 50/50 that he'll come back. Will ask a lot more from Eric Winston.

He wants everybody to improve. Wants more consistancy from Carr. Thought he could of done a better job. "My job is to make him better." Thinks Carr can be a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Does'nt put too much thought in the wonderlic. Wants to draft playmakers.

Mr. White
02-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Thinks Carr can be a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Aww man.....here we go again.

TwinSisters
02-22-2007, 09:58 PM

:secret:

time to start warming up the Marty-Ball thread making we need better coaches speech

Trap_Star
02-22-2007, 09:58 PM

The way he spoke about him, it sounded like we are going to keep him...:brickwall

its a big smokescreen IMO...

threetoedpete
02-22-2007, 10:03 PM
The way he spoke about him, it sounded like we are going to keep him...:brickwall

:secret: LOLLOL. LOL. LOL:marionaner:

cj5776
02-22-2007, 11:33 PM
Some things he said:

Thinks there's a lot of good OT in this draft. Thought we had our franchise LT in Spencer. Thinks its over 50/50 that he'll come back. Will ask a lot more from Eric Winston.

He wants everybody to improve. Wants more consistancy from Carr. Thought he could of done a better job. "My job is to make him better." Thinks Carr can be a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Does'nt put too much thought in the wonderlic. Wants to draft playmakers.

Good OTs???? Thought I would throw some names around, the only one that really stands out to me is Joe Staley from Central Michigan but I think he is a little too raw and might not be able to help too much this year.

After Thomas there seems to be a group of three who should be there in the 2nd but all have been noted as inconsistent and underacheivers.. Tony Ugoh, Levi Brown, Ryan Harris. Then again those words were mentioned with Super Mario and I still agree with the pick.

For the third it looks like Staley, Julius "short arms" Wilson, and another raw prospect James Marten, should be canidates.

TexansLucky13
02-23-2007, 12:14 AM

You guys are funny. Of course he is going to sound like we want to keep him. What would his trade value become if other teams thought that Kubiak didn't want Carr in Houston? It would drop drastically. As of right now, if anyone wants to entertain a trade for Carr, they will have to pay a pretty penny. He is officially our starting QB and the only thing that will change that is a trade.

Rosenfels will not beat him out, either. Hahaha.

Carr Bombed
02-23-2007, 12:25 AM
At this point I could care less what he decides to do, I'm tired of the QB position.

BattleRedToro
02-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Good OTs???? Thought I would throw some names around, the only one that really stands out to me is Joe Staley from Central Michigan but I think he is a little too raw and might not be able to help too much this year.

After Thomas there seems to be a group of three who should be there in the 2nd but all have been noted as inconsistent and underacheivers.. Tony Ugoh, Levi Brown, Ryan Harris. Then again those words were mentioned with Super Mario and I still agree with the pick.

For the third it looks like Staley, Julius "short arms" Wilson, and another raw prospect James Marten, should be canidates.

I doubt Brown falls to the 2nd Round and Staley may end up picked in the 1st Round as well.

Samer
02-23-2007, 12:38 AM

I dont see why he cant be a top 5...give him a good oline for once and see how he reacts. Houston got 2 decent pass-catching tight-ends in Daniels and Putizer and the receiver core is pretty good with Johnson and Moulds..and I think Walter can be a pretty good #3 and Armstrong isn't so bad himself. Just give Carr protection for once and then judge him. I think alot of the other top QB's in the league wouldnt be as good as they are now if they had the oline we have.

Low Life
02-23-2007, 06:40 PM
At this point I could care less what he decides to do, I'm tired of the QB position.
agreed.

Navy_Chris
02-23-2007, 07:56 PM

Kubiak needs to realize that's not only HIS job to make this thing work. David's gotta play well on Sundays. And dinking and dunking for the sole purpose of padding your completion percentage isn't going to make this team successful. Am I the only one who thinks David Carr is simply a waste at this point? Waste of time. Waste of a whole lot of money. Waste of talent.....

Dunta_23
02-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Kubiak needs to realize that's not only HIS job to make this thing work. David's gotta play well on Sundays. And dinking and dunking for the sole purpose of padding your completion percentage isn't going to make this team successful. Am I the only one who thinks David Carr is simply a waste at this point? Waste of time. Waste of a whole lot of money. Waste of talent.....

Do you suggest we start Chris Taylor at QB?

Navy_Chris
02-23-2007, 09:30 PM

Our starting backfield entering the 2007 season should be:

QB- Sage Rosenfels
RB- Chris Taylor
FB- Vonta Leach

I see that you remember how high I am on Chris Taylor. haha.

Nawzer
02-23-2007, 10:33 PM
It's hard to believe anything anyone says during this time of the year.

BattleRedToro
02-23-2007, 10:43 PM

Have you heard of the West Coast Offense? Dinking and dunking is the name of the game in that style of offense and by the way, the Texans are running a variation of that.

Ibar_Harry
02-23-2007, 11:19 PM
One way to stir the pot again. Almost looks like a little bit of whoops may be we went too far - called damage control. This organization seems to have a way of puting their foot in the mouth. I find it interesting that they are beginning to talk about O-linemen. I wonder if they hired another consultant.

I would think that if they have done the self evaluation they were suppose to do that they figured out they have one heck of a line problem developing. What we have is aging fast and we have no one in the wings. We have at most two young viable O-linemen and they are not considered A grade material at that. I'm not saying they haven't worked hard, but who do we integrate them with.

Some of you want to get rid of Carr and I want to see him leave because I don't think he has a chance to achieve anything with the Texans. Carr probably thinks he can do well here, but I think he is dead wrong simply because the Texans are not willing to update the O-line. The running game is going to suffer as well if we don't upgrade.

Its funny because Wiegert was still probably our best lineman day in and day out, but he has been very injury prone the last few years. Many of you don't think much of him, but he's possibly our best. Since you don't think much of him it certainly means we don't have a heck of a lot of talent at the O-line position. Of course that could also because of the schemes we are using as well. Who knows, except on Sundays we seem to have one of the least talented lines in the NFL for whatever reason. Hell, Payton would probably break the huddle and walk to the side lines and tell the coach to go take the snap.

awtysst
02-23-2007, 11:30 PM

No Pick me! I'll play Qb!

BattleRedToro
02-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Hell, Payton would probably break the huddle and walk to the side lines and tell the coach to go take the snap.

That would probably be the best thing to happen. After a D-Lineman puts Kubes @$$ down hard maybe he would make drafting some O-linemen a top priority. In the meantime, they could run John McClain and the rest of the Carr-bashing moronic sportswriters out there to get there @$$es totally kicked as well, so that they can see what David Carr is up against. I would pay a week's wages just to see Freeney slap the taste out of McClain's, Justice's, and Solomon's mouths. :yes:

thunderkyss
02-24-2007, 12:20 AM
I would think that if they have done the self evaluation they were suppose to do that they figured out they have one heck of a line problem developing. What we have is aging fast and we have no one in the wings. We have at most two young viable O-linemen and they are not considered A grade material at that. I'm not saying they haven't worked hard, but who do we integrate them with.

Umm..... Pitts & Weary have only been playing in the league for 5 years. IF they are too old, so is David, all three were drafted in '06. Hogdon was drafted in '03. Winston & Spencer were drafted in '06. Our line is pretty darn young.

HJam72
02-24-2007, 08:33 AM
I don't know; Winston looks like he came from a different era, and he's not even starting yet.

texanfan2002114
02-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I don't know; Winston looks like he came from a different era, and he's not even starting yet.

He finished the season as the starting RT.

cbnjwill
02-24-2007, 10:50 AM
alright kubiak wants playmakers this year.. that will be great since he passed up the two best playmakers in the draft last yr. i wonder what changed his mind about needing guys who can make plays?

trutxn
02-24-2007, 01:19 PM
:secret:

time to start warming up the Marty-Ball thread making we need better coaches speech

You will change your tone in a season or two, then you will jump back on the bandwagon and say you've been there the whole time. Obviously your not a Texan!

tulexan
02-24-2007, 01:23 PM
alright kubiak wants playmakers this year.. that will be great since he passed up the two best playmakers in the draft last yr. i wonder what changed his mind about needing guys who can make plays?

Injury to Domanick and Moulds not being what they expected.