PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak on tonights news

prostock101
02-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Mentioned that Carr was a big part of the team and needed to get better..........Hmmmmmmm:stirpot:

Maybe they're not getting the trade offers they hoped for..........

Double Barrel
02-22-2007, 07:31 PM
David Carr is a Houston Texan in 2007, like it or not, IMO.

swtbound07
02-22-2007, 07:34 PM
David Carr is a Houston Texan in 2007, like it or not, IMO.

As far as I know yes....I haven't rescinded anything I said a couple of months ago. The only player i have heard of them actively shopping is Antwaan Peek.

aj.
02-22-2007, 07:47 PM
As far as I know yes....I haven't rescinded anything I said a couple of months ago. The only player i have heard of them actively shopping is Antwaan Peek.

How exactly do you shop a guy who's going to become an Unrestricted Free Agent in 8 days?

dirty steve
02-22-2007, 07:50 PM
have you heard them shopping peek, or that peek is getting feelers and likely to leave? i heard something one time last year about the Patriots being interested.

QB75
02-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Mentioned that Carr was a big part of the team and needed to get better..........Hmmmmmmm:stirpot:

Finally !

swtbound07
02-22-2007, 07:52 PM
How exactly do you shop a guy who's going to become an Unrestricted Free Agent in 8 days?

no idea. I asked my friend if there as anybody i was particularly a fan of who probably wouldn't be here much longer, and he told me peek....I wasn't aware of the contract status, so i just assumed he meant in trade. Shrugs

aj.
02-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Peek will be allowed to explore free agency if he's not signed to a new contract before March 2. My money's on him being allowed to explore FA. The Texans have no "shop" leverage with him. They can re-sign him to a new contract in the next few days but I doubt they will. If he can't find anything in FA, he could always be re-signed later.

Nighthawk
02-22-2007, 08:23 PM

Let me help--this means they are desperate to get rid of him and are pretending they're not in the hope of getting a decent offer before they have to flush him for next to nothing.

cj5776
02-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Just my two cents, but I think Babin will be shopped and if he is traded, Peek will be resigned. Both are decent rush DE but I feel since both are kinda of alike only one will be back.

yourfavoritetexan42
02-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Both are alike, and good pass rushers. We need to just keep one though. Babin had more sacks, but before this year peek was the over achiever.

TEXANRED
02-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Just my two cents, but I think Babin will be shopped and if he is traded, Peek will be resigned. Both are decent rush DE but I feel since both are kinda of alike only one will be back.

Oh yes Babin and his five sacks. I am sure O-Linemen lay awake at night shuttering to think they will have to face him all game long.:tease:

cj5776
02-22-2007, 10:51 PM
DECENT is the word I used, not stud, or top notch, just a decent role player off the bench

HOOK'EM
02-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Can't wait till next week when Carr's gone!

Trap_Star
02-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Can't wait till next week when Carr's gone!

:marionaner: :elmo: :fans: :monkey:

TEXANRED
02-22-2007, 10:54 PM
DECENT is the word I used, not stud, or top notch, just a decent role player off the bench

I was just being sarcastic but not at you in particular, just more of the idea of Babin and trading away our second, third, and swapping fourth round picks for him.

WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
02-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Rick Smith was just on NFL total access and stated plainly the Texans will trade Carr if it will improve our football team. That leaves alot of room for doubt! Does that mean if we can get enough value in return? Does it mean if we can find another QB? Mariucci acted as thought he could see the Texans keep Carr as he showed inprovement, although not enough in the new system. Its gonna be one hell of a ride this off season!

HoustonFrog
02-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Maybe people just don't see it but I think what has happened the last few weeks is irreparable. Too much said by owner and people. Too much bad blood. I hope for the sake of all involved we can work out a deal for him to leave and bury this thing.

cj5776
02-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Maybe people just don't see it but I think what has happened the last few weeks is irreparable. Too much said by owner and people. Too much bad blood. I hope for the sake of all involved we can work out a deal for him to leave and bury this thing.

I see the total other side of the fence... All that has been said could feed the drive within Carr. If he does stay, nothing is given to him anymore, which I feel feel is the whole point. MAKE HIM EARN EVERYTHING!!!!

Trap_Star
02-22-2007, 11:11 PM
I see the total other side of the fence... All that has been said could feed the drive within Carr. If he does stay, nothing is given to him anymore, which I feel feel is the whole point. MAKE HIM EARN EVERYTHING!!!!

If being benched on the TENN game did'nt feed his drive, i dont think this will either...

TEXANRED
02-22-2007, 11:13 PM

I have to question Carr's drive. He floundered in Ten when he played Vince the first time, he stunk in Dallas, and stunk again when he played Vince the second time in his own house.

Those were the three biggest games for him to win to gain support from the Houston fan base and he didn't come close to getting the job done.

HoustonFrog
02-22-2007, 11:13 PM

You mean five years, a ton of money, pride, wanting to win, coaching changes, being benched, etc wasn't enough to fuel a desire to learn the little things about being an NFL QB?

petedy
02-22-2007, 11:15 PM
If I was Carr I would still ask for my release because I know I'm not wanted by the coaching staff and people of Houston.If they really keep him it really is going to get ugly from the Houston media which will incite the public more and Carr wouldn't perform for fear of his family's safety. The team and media has created this mess and to keep it going is totally unfair to David and the rest of the players. It is oviuos they want to unload him but because they couldn't get a 2nd or a 3rd for him they're keeping him. Then they make it sound like this was their plan all along! Cowards! Be man enough to say he doesn't fit into your plans and let him go find a team that really wants him and that would actually put people in place that would protect him and give him the weapons to succeed and not suck.Because, no QB is going to find this in Houston in the near future.

cj5776
02-23-2007, 12:19 AM
You mean five years, a ton of money, pride, wanting to win, coaching changes, being benched, etc wasn't enough to fuel a desire to learn the little things about being an NFL QB?

I never said his desire was lacking, I just don't feel like one year with a real NFL coaching staff is enough time to learn everything. Yeah maybe they are just drivng a market for him but I feel like the FO is really protecting his confidence and finally giving him the guideance he has been lacking both a X and O perpective as well as the pat on the butt boast. When the team starts winning I know the MB will change like day and night.

Navy_Chris
02-24-2007, 12:32 AM

The Houston Texans are notorious for being tight-lipped about personnel issues. This could very well be ANOTHER smokescreen, because remember...if other teams THINK David Carr is off the market, they MAY just up their offer to try to get him. They're playing this very smartly...stay tuned.