PDA

View Full Version : #8 pick for a player?

Meloy
02-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Have not seen any talk about trading the first rounder for an active player who could start for us. Maybe there is a reason I've not thought of.

4Texans
02-21-2007, 03:43 PM
I really would like to see us trade down and acquire some draft picks. I'm not sure what player we would want, but I know I don't like the rumor of trading 1st picks with Denver for Plummer and Bell.

fdknuckles
02-21-2007, 03:54 PM
I'd like to see if we could trade #8 for Buffalo's #12 and their 2nd rounder. Comparative values are about right and it would allow them to move up for Quinn if he's still there. It would allow us to pick up Reggie Nelson and a quality 2nd ( possibly Tank Tyler DT and Joe Staley OT). JMO:ok:

DocBar
02-21-2007, 03:56 PM
I really would like to see us trade down and acquire some draft picks. I'm not sure what player we would want, but I know I don't like the rumor of trading 1st picks with Denver for Plummer and Bell. If the Texans do that, I'll need a straight jacket and a padded room.
:tease:

Ole Miss Texan
02-21-2007, 04:03 PM
I'd like to see if we could trade #8 for Buffalo's #12 and their 2nd rounder. Comparative values are about right and it would allow them to move up for Quinn if he's still there. It would allow us to pick up Reggie Nelson and a quality 2nd ( possibly Tank Tyler DT and Joe Staley OT). JMO:ok:

I really like this idea, and hope it really happens. Carolina??? could be someone wanting quinn?? There are a number of players we could select at that point that'd i'd be thrilled with...that'd i'd actually select at 8.

If the Texans do that, I'll need a straight jacket and a padded room.
:tease:

you and me both, i wouldn't like that deal at all. I'd definitly want their 1st and 2nd rder.... but i think i'm going to like the player we select at 8 better anyways.

trublu
02-21-2007, 04:37 PM

Buffalo is happy with Losman's progress and I doubt they would want Brady. Now if Peterson was there then they might be interested in him. There have been rumblings about Magahee's discontent.

kcwilson
02-21-2007, 04:37 PM

Nothing against the author of this post, but the concept of a team trading up two picks in the current draft for a player of need just isn't vogue anymore. There isn't really that guarantee lock / dynamite player that would warrant it. And just like every other team, who wouldn't rather have an extra second and a slightly lower first round pick? Every team probably wishes they had two firsts that were lower instead of a higher first.

You are filling more holes with multiple picks, and I don't see a team out there that fits the mold of being a player away and risk a future pick to go get him... much less for a Brady Quinn type.

Denver did it last year, true. But is there a dynamite player out there that would necessitate this type of trade that would benefit the Texans. #8 doesn't appear at this time to be an enviable tade spot, unless someone like a Levi Brown really gets hot from the combine, and then... why wouldn't we take him?

I just see us picking at #8 and staying with a OL, DT, or DB. We need it and there probably isn't someone that would be willing to give up two for one. Buffalo needs all the draft picks they can get after their debacle in last year's draft.

kcwilson
02-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Buffalo is happy with Losman's progress and I doubt they would want Brady. Now if Peterson was there then they might be interested in him. There have been rumblings about Magahee's discontent.

McGahee is discontent because he has three kids from three different mothers in a 13 month span... Take half of half of half and that doesn't leave a lot of bread to bake with for yourself.

Plus, you always have to feel bad for athletes, they make a lot of money, but they spend a lot of money too.

HomeBred_Texan
02-21-2007, 06:29 PM
If AD is available at the #8 spot and the Texans trade that away, all I can say is there will be allot of empty seats at Reliant next year... That would be another dumb move IMHO...

Navy_Chris
02-21-2007, 06:38 PM
I really would like to see us trade down and acquire some draft picks. I'm not sure what player we would want, but I know I don't like the rumor of trading 1st picks with Denver for Plummer and Bell.

The rumored Tatum Bell/Jake Plummer acquisition will not happen. According to ESPN's John Clayton, the Texans covet the #8 pick and would like to try to move up and get AD.

HomeBred_Texan
02-21-2007, 06:45 PM
The rumored Tatum Bell/Jake Plummer acquisition will not happen. According to ESPN's John Clayton, the Texans covet the #8 pick and would like to try to move up and get AD.

And this is why...

From Mel Kiper's Big Board..

I still have LSU junior QB JaMarcus Russell going with the first overall pick to Oakland. However, the biggest buzz could center around Oklahoma junior RB Adrian Peterson (6-1, 223 pounds). His workout numbers at the NFL combine should look something like this: 4.37 in the 40-yard dash; 38-inch vertical leap; and eight percent body fat. I have Peterson going to Cleveland, which will have either the third or fourth pick, depending on a coin flip tiebreaker with Tampa Bay; but there also could be several teams interested in trading up to get Peterson.

If Peterson does go to Cleveland, Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn could slide to the Dolphins with the ninth pick. The reason Quinn would fall to Miami? Teams picking after Cleveland (possibly Tampa Bay, Arizona, Washington, Minnesota and Houston) don't need a quarterback. You could make a case for the Texans or Vikings to draft Quinn, but I don't expect that to happen.

run-david-run
02-21-2007, 06:52 PM
And this is why...

From Mel Kiper's Big Board..

In his new mock, he has the Texans drafting Quinn...

Goldeagle
02-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Id take Landry at #8 or trade down and take Levi Brown at LT.

vectorscg
02-22-2007, 10:06 PM
The number 8 pick is going to denver for Plummer and Bell. Denver is also throwing in one of their 3 2nd round picks and 1 of their 2 3rd round picks.

michaelm
02-23-2007, 12:16 AM
The number 8 pick is going to denver for Plummer and Bell. Denver is also throwing in one of their 3 2nd round picks and 1 of their 2 3rd round picks.

I find it interesting that your post count says 7, with only 5 shown in your post history, and every one of them has the word Plummer in it...
I'm out on a limb here saying the two other posts were about Plummer, but were deleted..?