PDA

View Full Version : David Carr Possibly Traded By Tuesday...

jdm12
02-21-2007, 12:27 PM
I am not sure if anyone else posted this. Here is a snipet from John Clayton's article about the Combine.

Veterans such as Denver's Jake Plummer and Houston's David Carr are being shopped in trades. Something could be resolved before next Tuesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2773478

I agree that figuring out our QB situation early in the off-season is good. However, I did not think it would be this early. If something really happens by next week, I guess we will be parting with a draft pick. I am not sure if I like that or not.

J

americastayawayfrommywomb
02-21-2007, 12:36 PM
That would be great if Mike Shannahan gets Carr as a back up.

TexanSam
02-21-2007, 01:02 PM

Wouldn't it be weird to see David Carr play against the Texans next year when we play the Broncos?

gwallaia
02-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Wouldn't it be weird to see David Carr play against the Texans next year when we play the Broncos?

Wouldn't it be weird to see David Carr pass for 3 tds, 350 yards, no ints and no sacks against the Texans next year when we play the Broncos?

Hulk75
02-21-2007, 01:07 PM

I think your reading it wrong, not Jake for Carr, it is Jake in a trade then trading Carr to another team, Houston will probably take the Trade Rumor going around, NOT including Carr.

If they can get Jake, Carr will be traded.

****My latest**** If any of you believe me.

Panthers, Vikings, Raiders and Bucs want Carr as their starter next seaon. Vikings said they will do what they can to get him.

Trap_Star
02-21-2007, 01:07 PM

Wouldn't it be weird to see David Carr pass for 3 tds, 350 yards, no ints and no sacks against the Texans next year when we play the Broncos?

Would'nt be weird to see him beat Jay Cutler for the starting job?...

real
02-21-2007, 01:12 PM

Panthers, Vikings, Raiders and Bucs want Carr as their starter next seaon. Vikings said they will do what they can to get him.

If this is true, then we need to trade with the Vikings...

IMO they would be the biggest suckers.

Hulk75
02-21-2007, 01:14 PM

That hurt:yawn:

Errant Hothy
02-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Maybe I'm a bit slow, stayed home from work to care for my son who's sick, but it is Wendesday...right?

real
That hurt:yawn:

That wasn't a slight on David or the Carr family.

I just think we could get a lot of value from the Vikes. I like their young QB Jackson, and if they are willing to part with him and maybe Smoot and a late rd. pick I'd do it.

real
Maybe I'm a bit slow, stayed home from work to care for my son who's sick, but it is Wendesday...right?

next tuesday.

Errant Hothy
02-21-2007, 01:18 PM
next tuesday.

Now I do feel stupid, well maybe just groggy. Thanks for the clear up.

DarkNinja
02-21-2007, 01:20 PM
I don't care just kick Carr out of Houston please.:tease:

Trap_Star
02-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Now I do feel stupid, well maybe just groggy. Thanks for the clear up.

I got something that will help you out with that...:shades:

Lucky
02-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Now I do feel stupid...
It's Clayton that should feel stupid. The NFL trading period doesn't begin until next Friday, March 2nd.

Hulk75
02-21-2007, 01:24 PM
It's Clayton that should feel stupid. The NFL trading period doesn't begin until next Friday, March 2nd.

Maybe they can agree on something and not really make it official untill March 2.?????

HOU-TEX
02-21-2007, 01:26 PM
I think your reading it wrong, not Jake for Carr, it is Jake in a trade then trading Carr to another team, Houston will probably take the Trade Rumor going around, NOT including Carr.

Just out of curiosity, who informed you of this? Was it Dave, agent, dad, etc. I'm not sure why the Panthers are looking into DC. What the heck is wrong with Delhome? One average season and all of a sudden he's no good?

real
02-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Maybe they can agree on something and not really make it official untill March 2.?????

I see you changed your avatar. Gets me kind of excited to be honest.

real
02-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Hulk, when david is traded are you still going to come around and kick it with the fellas ?

real
02-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, who informed you of this? Was it Dave, agent, dad, etc. I'm not sure why the Panthers are looking into DC. What the heck is wrong with Delhome? One average season and all of a sudden he's no good?

Hulk is a close relative of Dave...or atleast he claims to be.

Hulk75
02-21-2007, 01:29 PM
I see you changed your avatar. Gets me kind of excited to be honest.

Come on Bro, I change it all the time. Watch, I will put up 1 that will blow your mind............sit tight.

real
02-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Come on Bro, I change it all the time. Watch, I will put up 1 that will blow your mind............sit tight.

Doesn't blow my mind...

I'm not a Titan hater like so many here are.

In fact it looks good on you.

Hulk75
02-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Doesn't blow my mind...

I'm not a Titan hater like so many here are.

In fact it looks good on you.

Give me a break, it called humor.

HOU-TEX
02-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Hulk is a close relative of Dave...or atleast he claims to be.

I know, I called him Davids brother a while back not knowing he was actually his brother. I thought he was the biggest Carr supporter on the MB at the time, so I referred to him as DCs brother. lol. I think I called QB75 his father too. :winky:

Trap_Star
02-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Is Hulk really Carr's brother?...

real
02-21-2007, 01:38 PM
So QB75 is Hulks dad ?

cute.

real
02-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Is Hulk really Carr's brother?...

You can believe what you want to believe.

real
02-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Give me a break, it called humor.

I know, that's why I laughed.

Hulk75
02-21-2007, 01:41 PM

Agents, and informents.:)

Hulk75
02-21-2007, 01:43 PM
You can believe what you want to believe.

Yea believe what you want. :rolleyes: I am in the black, I am sure you can make everyone else out.

And QB75 has no afiliation to me. I think they would have picked a different name rather QB and 75 for me.

real
02-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Yea believe what you want. :rolleyes:

Is that David in your avatar ?

Mr. White
02-21-2007, 01:46 PM
:popcorn:

ArlingtonTexan
02-21-2007, 01:47 PM

6. Starting the trade machine: The combine gets the trade talk going. The Redskins, who pick sixth, are like several other teams in the top 10 and willing to shop their pick to get more draft choices. Veterans such as Denver's Jake Plummer and Houston's David Carr are being shopped in trades. Something could be resolved before next Tuesday. A couple of years ago, the Randy Moss trade was brokered at the start of the combine. Moss wants out of Oakland, and if the Raiders wish to accommodate him they could find out if there are any interested teams here in Indianapolis.

I think Clayton is referring to next Tuesday being the end of the Combine and this seems to imply either trade situation, so your notion is correct.

Panthers, Vikings, Raiders and Bucs want Carr as their starter next seaon. Vikings said they will do what they can to get him

Pretty realistic list.

El Tejano
02-21-2007, 01:47 PM
From a profile, the guy on the far left with the beanie hat looks like David Carr on Hulk75's avatar.

Hulk75
02-21-2007, 01:48 PM

Why do you think I am lying? or superimposed him in?

MightyTExan
02-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Yea believe what you want. :rolleyes: I am in the black, I am sure you can make everyone else out.

And QB75 has no afiliation to me. I think they would have picked a different name rather QB and 75 for me.

Do you play football? I remember reading a couple of years ago that Carr's brother has cannon for an arm.

Hulk75
02-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Do you play football? I remember reading a couple of years ago that Carr's brother has cannon for an arm.

Our younger bro, in the middle in yellow.. This kid OFF TOPIC, but I will tell you this kid is going to be pretty stinking good. He is far more advanced, physically then Carr was at his age.

I played in college but nothing came of it, I just play Semi Pro for kicks now.

real
02-21-2007, 01:51 PM

I don't think anything about your relationship with Carr one way or the other. I responded before you edited your original post.

Personally I don't know whether you are Carr's brother or not, and a few pictures doesn't prove anything to me. You could be, so I read the info that you give us and take it into consideration. At the same time, you could just be a nut, so I take what you say with a grain of salt.

I'm not here to disprove anything about anyone, I was just letting that poster know that it's up to him to decide whether he believes you or not.

El Tejano
02-21-2007, 01:52 PM
I noticed the Bucs and Raiders are looking to trade for David. Raiders, IMO, owe us a 2nd rounder for Phillip Buchanon.

I would be pretty interested in trading with the Bucs though. They are a team out of our conference, and who knows maybe if Plummer gets cut or we acquire him through trade, we can swap our #1 and David for their #1. (Dreaming I know).

However getting a 2nd or 3rd from any of those teams is good too because they should have high picks in those rounds.

Hulk75
02-21-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't think anything about your relationship with Carr one way or the other. I responded before you edited your original post.

Personally I don't know whether you are Carr's brother or not, and a few pictures doesn't prove anything to me. You could be, so I read the info that you give us and take it into consideration. At the same time, you could just be a nut, so I take what you say with a grain of salt.

I'm not here to disprove anything about anyone, I was just letting that poster know that it's up to him to decide whether he believes you or not.
Thanks. Its 5:02 in Houston right now right?

DocBar
02-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Carr to Raiders straight up for Moss.

real
02-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks. Its 5:02 in Houston right now right?

yeah.:ok:

HOU-TEX
02-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx

It actually looks like a Backstreet Boys reunion. lol

I was joking about QB75 being y'alls father. Just like I was with you a month or so ago. Except I didn't know you really were his brother. Still don't:winky:

santo
02-21-2007, 01:57 PM

If this is true, can we have the Vikings 7th pic? :yes: :dance2:

Come on Rick Smith make it happen....:bigboss:

El Tejano
02-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Carr to Raiders straight up for Moss.

That's going to happen.

TexanAddict
02-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Of the teams possibly interested in trading for Carr as a starter, I think the Vikings would probably give us the best value. The Raiders and Lions are in a position to draft one of the top rated QBs if they choose. The Browns may not be through with the Charlie Frye experiment and might have one of the QBs drop to them or could draft local hero Troy Smith in the 2nd or 3rd. Other teams would most likely be looking at Carr in a backup role or having to seriously compete to gain the starting job, which would diminish the value they would be willing to offer. The Vikings, however, probably fear that neither Quinn nor Russell will be available when they pick in the first would probably like to bring in a veteran to pair with Jackson, and therefore would most likely represent the most favorable deal we can hope for.

HOU-TEX
02-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Our younger bro, in the middle in yellow.. This kid OFF TOPIC, but I will tell you this kid is going to be pretty stinking good. He is far more advanced, physically then Carr was at his age.

He is pretty good. I saw him play the playoff game at The Rig (Pearland). Impressive, but raw. He'll turn out good, but don't let him get drafted by an expansion team okay.:shades:

TexansLucky13
02-21-2007, 02:02 PM
I know, I called him Davids brother a while back not knowing he was actually his brother. I thought he was the biggest Carr supporter on the MB at the time, so I referred to him as DCs brother. lol. I think I called QB75 his father too. :winky:

Actually, I think I was considered the biggest Carr :homer: to ever enter the MB, just because I opened my mouth so much and made Carr bashers realize that they are stupid.

I want Carr to be a Texan.

P.S. - Hulk, make sure David knows that not everyone in Houston wants him to leave. I would appreciate it.

:texflag:

Mr. White
02-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Actually, I think I was considered the biggest Carr :homer: to ever enter the MB, just because I opened my mouth so much and made Carr bashers realize that they are stupid.

If you made them realize that they are stupid, then wouldn't they have stopped bashing by now?

It would probably take two hands to count the actual Carr "haters" or "bashers." Most people on here just want to see the team get better and don't think that can happen with him as a starter.

NATHANHALE
02-21-2007, 02:20 PM

After all the complaints about not surrounding Carr with All-pros, wouldn't Oakland be an interesting place for Carr with the worse offense in the NFL! I still don't see TB as Gruden keeps saying he wants a 'proven successful' QB, not a player that manages the game and occassionally put points on the board. Too, the Bucs don't exactly have an all-star cast to surround Carr with...

I don't know why the Panthers would want Carr over Delhomme(sp), as their stats aren't even close. Jake's 4 yr stats as a starter 'blows' Carr's 5 totals out of the water.

The Vikings might not be a bad choice--decent running game and defense-but they did give up more sacks last year than the Texans.

Believe me, I want Carr to go some place but in just a week you've gone from 20 teams to 15 teams to 4 but that's ok--we only need 1.

El Tejano
02-21-2007, 02:28 PM
The Bucs and Raiders could pick who they wanted in the draft but then again that just prolongs the advancement of that team.

If there is one thing Carr has proven, it's that he is extremely durable and coachable which is what Gruden would like.

As for the Panthers. Delhomme has had some injuries, and he really had only one great year. He was inconsistent this year, and they would probably want to do what fans around here have been wanting to see with David Carr, HAVE HIM COMPETE FOR HIS JOB.

I think The Vikes are the more desparate team and will pull the trigger.

I still wouldn't mind swapping our #1 and David for the Bucs #1 and some cash.

DocBar
02-21-2007, 02:32 PM

I want Carr to be a Texan.

P.S. - Hulk, make sure David knows that not everyone in Houston wants him to leave. I would appreciate it.

:texflag: If he would make a few game winning TD drives instead of game ending INT's, we'd ALL want him to stay...

DocBar
02-21-2007, 02:34 PM
That's going to happen.

With Al Davis, ANYTHING is possible. And why are you crapping on my dreams, anyway??
:shades:

TexansLucky13
02-21-2007, 02:37 PM
If you made them realize that they are stupid, then wouldn't they have stopped bashing by now?

It would probably take two hands to count the actual Carr "haters" or "bashers." Most people on here just want to see the team get better and don't think that can happen with him as a starter.

Just like me, the handful of people who I always targeted are the same people who will never change their minds. I agree with you that most people would just like to see the team get better, but I have a specific problems with specific people who bashed David even when he was doing his best or had a good game.

Some people, like me, don't know how to quit. Take that for what it's worth, and it's not much.

Lucky
02-21-2007, 02:42 PM
As for the Panthers. Delhomme has had some injuries, and he really had only one great year. He was inconsistent this year, and they would probably want to do what fans around here have been wanting to see with David Carr, HAVE HIM COMPETE FOR HIS JOB.
Delhomme is scheduled to make over $5 million in salary in '07. I don't think the Panthers will carry two $5 million QBs next season. If Carr's in, Delhomme's out.

I still wouldn't mind swapping our #1 and David for the Bucs #1 and some cash.
What are you gonna do with the cash? Buy Plummer a haircut & a shave?

El Tejano
02-21-2007, 02:43 PM
With Al Davis, ANYTHING is possible. And why are you crapping on my dreams, anyway??
:shades:

Okay I guess I am not reading my posts very well but you are the 3rd person that thought I was doing that to them today on this board.

I would love that dream to man, I just try not to get excited until it happens.

DocBar
02-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Okay I guess I am not reading my posts very well but you are the 3rd person that thought I was doing that to them today on this board.

I would love that dream to man, I just try not to get excited until it happens.
I'm just givin' ya a hard time. No offense meant and none taken.

kcwilson
02-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Who is Hulk75's Dad?

Is it Ms. Crabtree?... Is it Jimbo?... Is it Officer Barbrady?... Is it the 1997 Denver Broncos?

duh...duh.... DUH!

Sorry, this thread gave me a flashback of a South Park episode.

mexican_texan
02-21-2007, 03:18 PM
I see the Panthers as the more likely destination for Carr. Weinke and Delhomme are in their 30s.

02-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Who is Hulk75's Dad?

Is it Ms. Crabtree?... Is it Jimbo?... Is it Officer Barbrady?... Is it the 1997 Denver Broncos?

duh...duh.... DUH!

i think it was the '87 broncos, hahaha

GuerillaBlack
02-21-2007, 03:28 PM
I would trade David to the Vikings or Bucs. Don't know who we could get from the Vikes, though.

real
02-21-2007, 03:32 PM
I would trade David to the Vikings or Bucs. Don't know who we could get from the Vikes, though.

We could get Fred Smoot from the Vikes.

Just curious, but what school did you go to in Alief ?

GuerillaBlack
02-21-2007, 03:48 PM
We could get Fred Smoot from the Vikes.

Just curious, but what school did you go to in Alief ?

Albright Middle. I used to live right behind where they were building that one new freeway. So many stories about walking to school when they were building that thing.

real
02-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Albright Middle. I used to live right behind where they were building that one new freeway. So many stories about walking to school when they were building that thing.

okay...

I used to stay in Mission Bend too...

I have two twin brothers that are at albright right now, and another one at Elsik....

GuerillaBlack
02-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Your 21, and you have twins still at Albright?

El Amigo Invisible
02-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Are there any trade rumors swirling?

real
02-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Your 21, and you have twins still at Albright?

LMAO...

Not quite...

I should have said that more clearly.

I have three little brothers, two are twins. The twins go to Albright, and the older one goes to Elsik.

GuerillaBlack
02-21-2007, 04:04 PM
LMAO...

Not quite...

I should have said that more clearly.

I have three little brothers, two are twins. The twins go to Albright, and the older one goes to Elsik.

Oh. My brother went to Elsik. That place is huge and all connected to Hastings. Like 8,000 kids in all. I had already gotten selected to Elsik, but then I moved.

TEXANRED
02-21-2007, 04:42 PM
If Hulk is correct and trade talks are between Vikes, Panthers, Bucs, Raiders, I am hope he goes to the Panthers.

Good offensive line, up and coming running back in Williams, solid running back with Foster and two great WR's with a hell of a D.

If David is going to go somewhere and be successful then Carolina is the answer, they are everything we are not. With that said the Vikes are the second best choice. If for some reason he goes to Oakland than you know the Texan organization hates David and hopes he burns in hell. There are not to many teams who have a worse offensive line than the Texans but the Raiders are one of them.

Kaiser Toro
02-21-2007, 04:47 PM
If Hulk is correct and trade talks are between Vikes, Panthers, Bucs, Raiders, I am hope he goes to the Panthers.

Good offensive line, up and coming running back in Williams, solid running back with Foster and two great WR's with a hell of a D.

If David is going to go somewhere and be successful then Carolina is the answer, they are everything we are not. With that said the Vikes are the second best choice. If for some reason he goes to Oakland than you know the Texan organization hates David and hopes he burns in hell. There are not to many teams who have a worse offensive line than the Texans but the Raiders are one of them.

It would be ironic that Carr would go to the Panthers where they have the dominating defensive player that was the best player in the 2002 draft.

ArlingtonTexan
02-21-2007, 05:05 PM
It would be ironic that Carr would go to the Panthers where they have the dominating defensive player that was the best player in the 2002 draft.

but 6'6 275 4.7 pass rushers did not fit the "system" that the Texans ran :winky:

Malloy
02-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Who is Hulk75's Dad?

duh...duh.... DUH!

You made me laugh, thanks! :)

Double Barrel
02-21-2007, 05:15 PM

No affiliation...well, except for the time you both posted from the same cpu. :shades:

yep. But say anything objective about David Carr, and you'll be a labeled a 'hater' if it's not good, and a 'homer' if it's any kind of praise. I guess you can't please everyone, nor should you try.

I have nothing personal against our QB. I just want what is best for the team, regardless if DC is here or not. Improvement is my only agenda, in spite of what the peanut gallery likes to call me.

Malloy
02-21-2007, 05:17 PM
I have nothing personal against our QB. I just want what is best for the team, regardless if DC is here or not. Improvement is my only agenda, in spite of what the peanut gallery likes to call me.

You're such a hater!!

Ckw
02-21-2007, 05:40 PM

If this is true then you are his brother who came to my church at one time. Unless of course he has more than three brothers. _____ ______ Baptist Church was frequented by David, his wife, his dad, and his brother who also played football. He actually was going to officially become a member before his grandfather or dad started a church. If you in fact are David's brother, tell me the name of the Baptist Church.

Ckw
02-21-2007, 05:48 PM
David also lives in ____ _______. Or at least he did when he first moved here. Name the community he lived in. Everytime he came to my church his middle brother came with him. Or at least a few times. If that is the case, Hulk75 was that middle brother whom I met quite a few times. It could not have been the one who is a quarterback now, because the brother that came was far too old to be the kid in junior high or so that the quarerback was back then. This was about 2002-2003. David also invited our preacher to numerous practices and our preacher was really good friends with David's father. Interesting.....

Lucky
02-21-2007, 05:57 PM
David also lives in ____ _______. Or at least he did when he first moved here. Name the community he lived in. ...
Hulk75 is Carr's brother. Just leave it as that.

GuerillaBlack
02-21-2007, 06:45 PM
David also lives in ____ _______. Or at least he did when he first moved here. Name the community he lived in. Everytime he came to my church his middle brother came with him. Or at least a few times. If that is the case, Hulk75 was that middle brother whom I met quite a few times. It could not have been the one who is a quarterback now, because the brother that came was far too old to be the kid in junior high or so that the quarerback was back then. This was about 2002-2003. David also invited our preacher to numerous practices and our preacher was really good friends with David's father. Interesting.....

He lives in Sienna Plantation right?

TwinSisters
02-21-2007, 06:50 PM

Elsik rules. Ramabam bam bam bam.

aj.
02-21-2007, 07:16 PM
The fact that Darren Carr played at U of H for a while is public info. Some of you need to enjoy the inside info while you can get it.

http://www.stp.uh.edu/vol68/24/sports/sports1.html

Scooter
02-21-2007, 07:23 PM
He lives in Sienna Plantation right?

yup. that's where i was living until january. i never did, but my roommates saw the carr family at the pool a few times.

TEXANRED
02-21-2007, 07:25 PM
The fact that Darren Carr played at U of H for a while is public info. Some of you need to enjoy the inside info while you can get it.

With all our DT needs last year I am kinda surprised we didn't try and sign him to one of our street contracts.:winky:

Mr. White
02-21-2007, 07:52 PM
If a trade happens by Tuesday, then Wednesday's gonna be dead around here.

aj.
02-21-2007, 08:02 PM

Why should Clayton feel stupid?

All he said was "something could be resolved before next Tuesday" -- in the context of a deal being brokered during the combine in a similar fashion to Randy Moss' deal a few years ago. A private gentlemen's agreement on Tuesday could lead to a public announcement on Friday.

kiwitexansfan
02-21-2007, 08:06 PM
If a trade happens by Tuesday, then Wednesday's gonna be dead around here.

The Carr debate will be over but the horrifying Rosenfels/Plummer debates begin. :brickwall

Hottoddie
02-21-2007, 08:07 PM
I find it odd that so many people want Carr traded on one hand, then turn around & praise how good he'll be with a good O'line & RB on the other hand. If he's going to be that good, then why would you want him traded? Just fix our current team (OL/RB).

Hervoyel
02-21-2007, 08:16 PM

That would be like waking up and finding out that water wasn't wet anymore, up was down and dark was light. In short it would be... "Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling. Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes The dead rising from the grave. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria."

I'm thinking we have nothing to worry about.

HJam72
02-21-2007, 08:22 PM
That would be like waking up and finding out that water wasn't wet anymore, up was down and dark was light. In short it would be... "Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling. Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes The dead rising from the grave. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria."

That's gonna happen too. :shades:

Sportsfan
02-21-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't care what anyone says, if we trade Carr for Plummer the Texans are ****ing up.(see my Sorry another Carr thread for reason).

Take it easy there bud. Its highly doubtful they are trading Carr FOR Plummer. The article stated that both are on the trade block, not a trade might happen w/one for the other.

SamuraiSword
02-21-2007, 08:28 PM

no no no i say the Raiders and get their number one pick.....wait that would cost us way too much money. Okay you make an easy debate. I say vikings too....

houstonhurricane
02-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Carr would be best served with another franchise. That being said, bringing in Plummer is going to lead to another loooong season.

TEXANRED
02-21-2007, 08:32 PM
They have no clue what they are talking about. That's why. Carr would suck behind Indy's line WITH Harrison and Wayne at WR.

See now you went off and lost your mind. I was rolling with you when you called Carr a bum, I mean I could understand why you would hate on Carr, a multi millionaire, more athleticism in a pinkie toe then you have in your hole body, and famous to the point that everyone knows his name, where as you are an anonymous poster who is probably getting Cheeto dust on your keyboard as we speak.

Then you had to go off and call me stupid and state that I don't know what I am talking about.

Let me say this, I may not have the connections or the inside scoop like some of the posters but I am sure wise enough to understand the Carr situation. If you don't understand it and or not wise enough to realize it thats fine, but don't come out blasting other posters just b/c you don't get it.

UzaHO
02-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Cant we all just get along? & :marionaner:

Goldeagle
02-21-2007, 08:58 PM

Happens to Houston Teams all the time

SamuraiSword
02-21-2007, 09:01 PM
I don't care what anyone says, if we trade Carr for Plummer the Texans are ****ing up.(see my Sorry another Carr thread for reason).

LOL you will be singing a different tune when it comes playoff time. I am not too keen on this either, but hey we are looking for a running back and a quarterback. You get two birds with one stone.

edo783
02-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Gee, about a year or so ago there was a TROLL that went by Lodo1 and now there is New Lodo1. They coudn't possibly be the same TROLL could they? Nah, that would never happen. Although, Lodo1 would make these real dipstick posts........

NFLforher
02-21-2007, 09:56 PM

Youngest bro is a high school QB.

NFLforher
02-21-2007, 09:57 PM

Darren concentrated on his studies and is now a high school football coach. The whole family is classy.

NFLforher
02-21-2007, 10:01 PM

His middle brother was a tackle or defensive end. Big dude.

NFLforher
02-21-2007, 10:02 PM

What picture? :shades:

NFLforher
02-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Carr would be best served with another franchise. That being said, bringing in Plummer is going to lead to another loooong season.

Houston's specialty.

The Pencil Neck
02-21-2007, 10:15 PM

It would be really weird.

Especially considering that he's only thrown for over 300 yards 3 times in his career and they were all losses. And he's only thrown more than 2 TD's 3 times in his career, and those were all losses.

So, even if he did put up those numbers, I'd expect his team to lose.

New_Texans
02-21-2007, 10:25 PM
I fear we will regret trading Carr. You people annoy me...Plummer? Stop pulling my chain will ya?

I cant wait to see Plummer have his typical four crucial int game then read about your cryin' about it.

Yay for another 5 losing season!!! Go Texans!!

:bag: :gun: :gun:

The Pencil Neck
02-21-2007, 10:39 PM
I fear we will regret trading Carr. You people annoy me...Plummer? Stop pulling my chain will ya?

I cant wait to see Plummer have his typical four crucial int game then read about your cryin' about it.

In the past 2 years, Carr has had more 4 INT games than Plummer has. Then again I'm not particularly sold on Plummer. He would be a short term temporary solution at best. Plummer gives you lots of ints but he also gets you TD's. And right now, we need more TD's. Right now, it's like we only score TD's when teams are in prevent defense.

But I don't care WHO the QB is as long as he performs. I have seen very little from Carr in the past 2 years to lead me to believe that he can still perform.

The bottom line is that I trust Kubiak and Smith to make the right decisions. They made a lot of great decisions last year, let's just hope they continue.

:texans:

New_Texans
02-21-2007, 10:42 PM
In the past 2 years, Carr has had more 4 INT games than Plummer has. Then again I'm not particularly sold on Plummer. He would be a short term temporary solution at best. Plummer gives you lots of ints but he also gets you TD's. And right now, we need more TD's. Right now, it's like we only score TD's when teams are in prevent defense.

But I don't care WHO the QB is as long as he performs. I have seen very little from Carr in the past 2 years to lead me to believe that he can still perform.

The bottom line is that I trust Kubiak and Smith to make the right decisions. They made a lot of great decisions last year, let's just hope they continue.

:texans:

Dont talk stats with me, not if you are comparing the Denver Broncos to the pathetic teams the Texans had these past 2 years.

Look at the difference in talent between the two!! Stop being so blind!! Cant you see that Denvers supporting cast was much better than Houstons? The Defense created turnovers and easy field postition for the Denver offense..plus Plummer was benched in favor for a ROOKIE mid season..his numbers arent even with a full season.

The Pencil Neck
02-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Dont talk stats with me, not if you are comparing the Denver Broncos to the pathetic teams the Texans had these past 2 years.

Look at the difference in talent between the two!! Stop being so blind!! Cant you see that Denvers supporting cast was much better than Houstons? The Defense created turnovers and easy field postition for the Denver offense..plus Plummer was benched in favor for a ROOKIE mid season..his numbers arent even with a full season.

OK, I won't talk stats with you. I'll talk watching the games with you. This past season, Carr had plenty of time and couldn't make the plays. He had open players and he missed them and went for the dump off instead. He had times when he could have thrown the ball down the field and he went for the dump off instead. He had times when he should have thrown the ball and he pulled it down and took the sack instead; don't blame the offensive line for those sacks. He looked antsy and nervous in the pocket.

And, yes, Plummer was benched in favor of a rookie. And if we pick up a QB in this draft, he'll probably be benched in favor of a rookie again. If we get Plummer (which I'm not convinced we'll do), it will only be until the new QB is ready. If we trade Carr and get a draft pick or two and then pick up Plummer from FA and pay him some relatively small amount, we'll have similar sorts of production from the QB and some more young players to build on.

But the bottom line is that Kubiak has worked with Carr and he's worked with Plummer. He knows what both QB's can do. If he wants Plummer instead of Carr, it's not because Carr is better than Plummer. It's because he thinks that Plummer gives us a better chance to win. And Kubiak is in a position to know.

And if he's wrong, he's probably gone.

bigTEXan8
02-21-2007, 11:10 PM
plus Plummer was benched in favor for a ROOKIE mid season..his numbers arent even with a full season.

didn't the bronco's miss the playoffs, and cutler only won one/two games if i remember correctly? shanahan is a moron. he's still riding the coat-tails of elway leading them to dos superbowls. meh. on topic, carr i hope get's traded so he doesn't have to deal with the texans anymore. i think it will either be browns, raiders, or dolphins.

New_Texans
02-21-2007, 11:20 PM
OK, I won't talk stats with you. I'll talk watching the games with you. This past season, Carr had plenty of time and couldn't make the plays. He had open players and he missed them and went for the dump off instead. He had times when he could have thrown the ball down the field and he went for the dump off instead. He had times when he should have thrown the ball and he pulled it down and took the sack instead; don't blame the offensive line for those sacks. He looked antsy and nervous in the pocket.

And, yes, Plummer was benched in favor of a rookie. And if we pick up a QB in this draft, he'll probably be benched in favor of a rookie again. If we get Plummer (which I'm not convinced we'll do), it will only be until the new QB is ready. If we trade Carr and get a draft pick or two and then pick up Plummer from FA and pay him some relatively small amount, we'll have similar sorts of production from the QB and some more young players to build on.

But the bottom line is that Kubiak has worked with Carr and he's worked with Plummer. He knows what both QB's can do. If he wants Plummer instead of Carr, it's not because Carr is better than Plummer. It's because he thinks that Plummer gives us a better chance to win. And Kubiak is in a position to know.

And if he's wrong, he's probably gone.

Kubiak should have done a better analysis on Carr before he went into the NFL draft. If Kubiak was set on winning he would have done his homework and drafted Bush or Young. Now we are set up in a senario of waiting another 2 - 3 years. Draft young QB to replace Plummer in the future and Plummer plays (year 1)...Young QB plays and goes through growing pains (year 2)...Depending on the QBs process this year could also be a losing (year 3)..during this time you would hope the Texans improve a lack luster OL and draft another WR (seeing that Andre would have said peace out! unless we franchise him and make him miserable for a few more years). Maybe the Texans will get lucky and have a stellar defense with a chicago bears type crap offense during this time...that would be fun :drunk:

kiwitexansfan
02-21-2007, 11:21 PM
LOL you will be singing a different tune when it comes playoff time. I am not too keen on this either, but hey we are looking for a running back and a quarterback. You get two birds with one stone.

Sorry I think you misunderstand the concept, we are looking for an UPGRADE at RB and QB. If your talking Plummer and Bell I am not convinced.

The Pencil Neck
02-22-2007, 12:08 AM
Kubiak should have done a better analysis on Carr before he went into the NFL draft. If Kubiak was set on winning he would have done his homework and drafted Bush or Young. Now we are set up in a senario of waiting another 2 - 3 years. Draft young QB to replace Plummer in the future and Plummer plays (year 1)...Young QB plays and goes through growing pains (year 2)...Depending on the QBs process this year could also be a losing (year 3)..during this time you would hope the Texans improve a lack luster OL and draft another WR (seeing that Andre would have said peace out! unless we franchise him and make him miserable for a few more years). Maybe the Texans will get lucky and have a stellar defense with a chicago bears type crap offense during this time...that would be fun :drunk:

I'm still not sold that drafting Bush or Young was a better decision than drafting Mario. I think Bush would have gotten killed in our offense. And I think that Fisher and Norm Chow have done wonders crafting an offense around VY.

I think that Kubiak really thought DC was fixable. And he did fix a lot of David's game. I mean, this year was easily David's highest completion percentage. Early in the year, he really looked like he was getting it. If he had maintained that sort of production, no one would be talking about trading him. But he regressed as the year went on.

I really think that we can get someone in here on a temporary basis (or even on a non-temporary basis) that we can win with. It might be Sage, it might not. At this stage, I think we just need a real game manager type of QB who has better ball management than DC. Someone who can spread the ball around more without forcing things in (which is one of the reasons I'm not sold on Plummer.)

We've got a lot of options this year. We've got lots of ways to improve our team. We could draft defense and leave the offense struggling and go for that Bears sort of approach. Or we could go Levi Brown OT/ Kalil C in the draft and try the Jets approach of shoring up the line. Or some mixture.

Either way, I expect us to be better next year.

Scooter
02-22-2007, 12:32 AM

Yay for another 5 losing season!!! Go Texans!!

:bag: :gun: :gun:

if plummer goes 9-0 at home, gets us to the playoffs and has a 4 interception game during the AFC championship, i'll consider that an upgrade (as he did in 05, his last year under kubiak). maybe carr will do well and maybe he wont, but to argue what he's done against what plummer's done is silly IMO. WE HAVENT HAD A WINNING RECORD. even though i'm voting sage to start, i'll gladly take those numbers over what we currently have.

i like carr. i like him as a player and especially as a person. i dont want him being a texan because i dont think we'll succeed with carr and i dont think he'll succeed in houston. do what's best for both parties. if carr succeeds for someone else, good for him. i'll still root for him as a player, but it hasnt happened here and likely wont ever.

Ckw
02-22-2007, 01:58 AM
Youngest bro is a high school QB.

I am aware of that. I was just making the point that at the time David and his family attended my church, his youngest bro was in junior high. And I don't believe I ever met him. But I did meet Hulk75 numerous times. That is if he is really David's brother. I find it odd that he never responds to questions doubting his assertion. I mean anyone can walk in with "inside info" and claim to be someone's brother. I'm not asking him for his brother's autograph, which I didn't even do when I was standing there talking to David every Sunday. I tried to allow he and his family to attend church and not be bothered. I would just like to know the truth. If he is Carr's brother, cool. But is it wrong to ask for proof?

Malloy
02-22-2007, 05:10 AM

I would think that another season of 'American Idol' would do it :)

kbourda
02-22-2007, 07:31 AM

Well, it wouldn't mark the first time a first time, back-up or journeyman QB had career games against us.

dirty steve
02-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Well, it wouldn't mark the first time a first time, back-up or journeyman QB had career games against us.
how does carr fit either of those three monikers?

dirty steve
02-22-2007, 07:49 AM
Sorry I think you misunderstand the concept, we are looking for an UPGRADE at RB and QB. If your talking Plummer and Bell I am not convinced.
agreed. the price is too high for that combo.

2BCF
02-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Finally this bum is going to be run out of town. Enter with any luck: Matt Schaub.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/printedition/2007/02/21/sptfalcons0221a.html

Falcons to shop Schaub
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports the Falcons will look to trade QB Matt Schaub. Schaub, a restricted free agent, is expected to receive a one-year tender of $2 million and compensation attachment of a first and third pick to prevent teams from signing him as a free agent.

Since Schaub will become an unrestricted free agent in 2008, the Falcons will shop the talented back up quarterback around the league this off-season. They could net a second or third rounder. The Vikings, Raiders, and Texans are all possible trade partners for Schaub.

Ok, get what you can for the wreck called carr, turn around and give what you have to to get Schaub. Schaub will instantly destroy the myth of a bad O-line (created by Carr's ineptitude). Andre's happy, the team will win games it had no chance to win last year and a .500 or better season is finally acheivable.

I agree, but didn't Sage already disprove that tired O-line myth when he went in during the Titans game and scored 3TDs in a little over a QTR of play while Davey pouted on the sideline???
It then took Davey 5 or 6 games to accomplish the same.
I don't believe any objective person still believes that Davey is starter material.

humbleone
02-22-2007, 09:14 AM
I agree, but didn't Sage already disprove that tired O-line myth when he went in during the Titans game and scored 3TDs in a little over a QTR of play while Davey pouted on the sideline???
I don't believe any objective person still believes that Davey is starter material.

No, our O-line issues are far from being a "myth". You seem to think that people in the league believe that our line is good and our QB is bad. In fact, my understanding is that the opposite is true.

That is why we probably will have to take a LT with our first pick this year (probably the best move for us IMO) unless AP is by some miracle there at #8.

I believe that "David" will start and succeed in the league, regretably however it is beginning to look like it will be for another team.

SESupergenius
02-22-2007, 09:26 AM
And the same Sage Rosenfels couldn't do anything against a Jags defense when Carr got injured. He threw for 0 TD's and maybe 1st down.

Vinny
02-22-2007, 09:31 AM
And the same Sage Rosenfels couldn't do anything against a Jags defense when Carr got injured. He threw for 0 TD's and maybe 1st down. well, he only played in the 4th quarter and we were protecting a lead. Spin it hard.....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20061112_HOU@JAC

Houston Texans at 7:17
1-10-HST 20 (7:17) 35-S.Gado up the middle to HST 26 for 6 yards (20-D.Darius).
2-4-HST 26 (6:35) 35-S.Gado left tackle to HST 28 for 2 yards (95-P.Spicer).
3-2-HST 28 (5:51) 18-S.Rosenfels pass incomplete short left to 80-A.Johnson (29-B.Williams).
4-2-HST 28 (5:47) 7-C.Stanley punts 32 yards to JAX 40, Center-48-B.Pittman, fair catch by 34-A.Pearman.

Jacksonville Jaguars at 5:40
1-10-JAX 40 (5:40) (Shotgun) 9-D.Garrard pass deep middle to 19-E.Wilford to HST 35 for 25 yards (23-D.Robinson, 26-G.Earl). P14
1-10-HST 35 (5:14) 9-D.Garrard pass incomplete short left to 18-M.Jones.
2-10-HST 35 (5:12) (Shotgun) 9-D.Garrard pass short right to 28-F.Taylor to HST 27 for 8 yards (93-J.Babin).
3-2-HST 27 (4:46) (Shotgun) 28-F.Taylor up the middle pushed ob at HST 3 for 24 yards (38-D.Faggins). R15
1-3-HST 3 (4:36) 32-M.Jones-Drew up the middle for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN. R16
10-J.Scobee extra point is GOOD, Center-88-J.Zelenka, Holder-2-C.Hanson.
HST 13 JAX 10, 5 plays, 60 yards, 1:08 drive, 10:28 elapsed
10-J.Scobee kicks 60 yards from JAX 30 to HST 10. 25-D.Wynn to HST 26 for 16 yards (43-G.Sensabaugh).

Houston Texans at 4:32, (1st play from scrimmage 4:27)
1-10-HST 26 (4:27) 18-S.Rosenfels pass incomplete short left to 81-O.Daniels (20-D.Darius). Play Challenged by HST and Upheld. (Timeout #1 by HST.)
2-10-HST 26 (4:20) 18-S.Rosenfels pass short middle to 33-W.Lundy to HST 29 for 3 yards (52-D.Smith).
PENALTY on HST-70-F.Weary, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at HST 26 - No Play.
2-20-HST 16 (4:14) 33-W.Lundy right tackle to HST 22 for 6 yards (27-R.Mathis).
3-14-HST 22 (3:28) 18-S.Rosenfels pass short middle to 33-W.Lundy to HST 31 for 9 yards (52-D.Smith).
4-5-HST 31 (2:42) 7-C.Stanley punts 37 yards to JAX 32, Center-48-B.Pittman. 34-A.Pearman to JAX 36 for 4 yards (48-B.Pittman).

Jacksonville Jaguars at 2:34
1-10-JAX 36 (2:34) (Shotgun) 9-D.Garrard pass incomplete deep right to 87-G.Wrighster.
2-10-JAX 36 (2:29) (Shotgun) 9-D.Garrard pass incomplete short right to 28-F.Taylor.
3-10-JAX 36 (2:24) (Shotgun) 9-D.Garrard pass deep right to 85-C.Hankton to HST 27 for 37 yards (21-L.Sanders). HST-72-Z.Wiegert was injured during the play. His return is Questionable.
PENALTY on JAX-11-R.Williams, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at JAX 36 - No Play.
3-20-JAX 26 (2:16) (Shotgun) 9-D.Garrard pass incomplete deep right to 19-E.Wilford.
4-20-JAX 26 (2:05) 2-C.Hanson punts 37 yards to HST 37, Center-88-J.Zelenka, fair catch by 25-D.Wynn.
PENALTY on HST-25-D.Wynn, Invalid Fair Catch Signal, 5 yards, enforced at HST 37.
Two-Minute Warning

Houston Texans at 1:58
1-10-HST 32 (1:58) 35-S.Gado up the middle to HST 35 for 3 yards (52-D.Smith).
Timeout #1 by JAX at 01:54.
2-7-HST 35 (1:54) 35-S.Gado right tackle to HST 41 for 6 yards (29-B.Williams).
Timeout #2 by JAX at 01:47.
3-1-HST 41 (1:47) 18-S.Rosenfels up the middle to HST 41 for no gain (92-R.Meier).
Timeout #3 by JAX at 01:40.
4-1-HST 41 (1:40) 35-S.Gado up the middle to HST 42 for 1 yard (52-D.Smith). R21
1-10-HST 42 (1:00) 18-S.Rosenfels kneels to HST 41 for -1 yards.
2-11-HST 41 (:33) 18-S.Rosenfels kneels to HST 40 for -1 yards.

Texans_Chick
02-22-2007, 09:39 AM
well, he only played in the 4th quarter and we were protecting a lead. Spin it hard.....

I think it is fair to say as it relates to that game that you can't say much about Rosenfels performance. Yes, he was protecting a lead. But he also looked about the least comfortable out of all his limited games on the field as a Texan.

I still can't believe the buzzards luck of Rosenfels getting hurt holding an extra point because Stanley had a cut hand. Given what happened in the Raiders game, he would have probably seen significant time then.

What is fair to say about Rosenfels is that he has looked like someone you would want to see more of in the limited times he was on the field. He is smart, a good locker room guy, and more of an athlete than he is given credit for being.

That being said, I'd like him to be able to compete for a starting job and not crown him one way or another, because we don't know who he is enough to crown his ***.

dalemurphy
02-22-2007, 09:49 AM
I think that David Carr's problems in the pocket are still very correctible. However, I don't think he has leadership intangibles. And, I think a young team that's been a loser for 5 years needs a strong leader at QB- not the guy that's been in the sinking ship with them for five years. Therefore, I tend to think that a change needs to happen- whether that means trading him this year or letting him compete with Rosenfels and trading/releasing him next year. I think it's likely that he'll have quite a bit of success after he moves on. Of course, that will depend on where he goes. I'm sure there's a market for him out there and think we'll get at least a 3rd round pick for him if we do trade him.

Vinny
02-22-2007, 10:07 AM
I think that David Carr's problems in the pocket are still very correctible. I first mentioned these problems in 2002 and you told me the same thing...how long do you figure? a decade? two decades? It's already been half a decade.

HJam72
02-22-2007, 10:08 AM
I think the over-under is about 12 more years. :shades:

Vinny
02-22-2007, 10:11 AM
I think it is fair to say as it relates to that game that you can't say much about Rosenfels performance.
I mean, how much can you say about 1 for 3 in passing? If you seriously want to consider 3 passes as some sort of litmus test for Sage you are not looking hard enough at the actual game...and the situation. Carr was not any better but had enough attempts to get something done. He was 16 for 32 with 0 TD's and his usual 167 yards on pace for 185....again.

HJam72
02-22-2007, 10:13 AM
I mean, how much can you say for 1 for 3 in passing? If you seriously want to consider 3 passes as some sort of litmus test for Sage you are not looking hard enough at the actual game...and the situation. Carr was not any better but had enough attempts to get something done. He was 16 for 32 with 0 TD's and his usual 167 yards on pace for 185....again.

Well, if we find out what the QB rating is for that, we'll definitely know for sure who is the better QB. :tease: QB rating is always right. :drunk:

DocBar
02-22-2007, 11:41 AM
how does carr fit either of those three monikers?

How did you get 3 monikers?I only see 2.

swtbound07
02-22-2007, 02:09 PM
How did you get 3 monikers?I only see 2.

first time, back up, and journeyman

DocBar
02-22-2007, 02:11 PM
first time, back up, and journeyman

Kinds like strike1, strike2, strike3....:aikido:

SESupergenius
02-22-2007, 04:10 PM
well, he only played in the 4th quarter and we were protecting a lead. Spin it hard.....

LOL, you don't protect a 3 point lead with plenty of time left. That is too funny. You're the same guy that blasted Capers & Co. for supposedly doing that. Besides, after Jacksonville pulled to within 3, the Texans came out passing so sorry, that doesn't fly.

Here is a microscopic portrait of his play.

2-14-HST 32 (13:06) 18-S.Rosenfels sacked at HST 27 for -5 yards (95-P.Spicer).
3-2-HST 28 (5:51) 18-S.Rosenfels pass incomplete short left to 80-A.Johnson (29-B.Williams).
1-10-HST 26 (4:27) 18-S.Rosenfels pass incomplete short left to 81-O.Daniels (20-D.Darius). Play Challenged by HST and Upheld. (Timeout #1 by HST.)
2-10-HST 26 (4:20) 18-S.Rosenfels pass short middle to 33-W.Lundy to HST 29 for 3 yards (52-D.Smith).
PENALTY on HST-70-F.Weary, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at HST 26 - No Play.
3-14-HST 22 (3:28) 18-S.Rosenfels pass short middle to 33-W.Lundy to HST 31 for 9 yards (52-D.Smith).

To recap, that's 1 sack, couldn't covert a 3rd and 2 and checked down to Wali Lundy for 9 yards when we needed 14.

Yea, ok, he's our Wonder Boy QB. Spin that.

David Carr has this huge scoring episode in one quarter when the Texans are down heavy and it's mop up time, when Sage does this, it's a comeback. LOL.

dirty steve
02-22-2007, 04:34 PM
enough of:
-inept front office
-no o-line
-one real receiving threat
-little to no running game
-three o-coordinators
-still has the potential to be coached up
-mistakes in drafting

harrington had most of the same issues and was shipped out by the clueless matt millen last year. regardless of whether #8's problems are fixable, it has been five (going on six) years now. let him go somewhere else and let cam cameron, brad childress, or lane kiffin figure it out. whether it's his fault or not, you have realize that it just is not going to work in Houston.

i'm done with the divisive comments towards posters and to the situation in general. i dont have any derisive comments toward DC, his family that might check the board, or any really ingenius plays on his name. i am not hung up on last year and who we did/did not take. i am not one of those fans who hates on DC but doesnt want him to get traded in case he does have success somewhere else (like i heard on 610 yesterday). i wont feel any differently if he does go somewhere else and succeeds. this just needs to get over with.

the flash
02-22-2007, 09:30 PM
this just needs to get over with. AMEN This is becoming a soap opera. Who is David's brother? Is it the Hulk or .... the Human Torch? Tune in tomorrow.

thunderkyss
02-22-2007, 10:05 PM
harrington had most of the same issues and was shipped out by the clueless matt millen last year.

Millen & Martz wanted to keep Harrington. Harrington forced a trade.

hadaad
02-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Millen & Martz wanted to keep Harrington. Harrington forced a trade.

Sources?

thunderkyss
02-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Sources?

Do you have any sources saying otherwise??

infantrycak
02-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Do you have any sources saying otherwise??

Yeah, common sense and logic. Dude was due a big roster bonus--more than he was worth on the open market. He didn't force his way out of that, he was cut to avoid the payment.

thunderkyss
02-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah, common sense and logic. Dude was due a big roster bonus--more than he was worth on the open market. He didn't force his way out of that, he was cut to avoid the payment.

Yeah, common sense & logic says David Carr should be paid an $8 million bonus, but Harrington shouldn't be paid a $4 million bonus.... Gotcha.

He reportedly asked (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2394997)Lions officials, including Millen and first-year head coach Rod Marinelli, to either trade or release him. Detroit has signed a trio of veteran quarterbacks -- Jon Kitna, Josh McCown and Shaun King -- in the offseason. Kitna and McCown will compete for the starting job.

And this was just days after Millen & Martz proclaimed Joey their starter...
Only last month, Millen and Marinelli came out and dubbed Harrington their starter (http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/031606/spo_2006031607.shtml).

from the same article
The wacky world that has been Joey Harrington's life since the Lions drafted him third overall in 2002 has kicked back into high gear with the rumors that he, once and for all, wants out of Detroit.

americastayawayfrommywomb
02-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Tuesday is just one of 7 days, the title of this thread could still come true.

TexansTrueFan
02-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Tuesday is just one of 7 days, the title of this thread could still come true.

I have seen nothjing to make me really believe he will be traded anytime soon, Now maybe right before the draft if someone offers us a good deal, but i doubt it will be within the next few months.

infantrycak
02-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Yeah, common sense & logic says David Carr should be paid an $8 million bonus, but Harrington shouldn't be paid a $4 million bonus.... Gotcha.

David Carr is totally irrelevant to how Harrington left Detroit, but if that is what passes for proof for you...

And this was just days after Millen & Martz proclaimed Joey their starter...

They brought in THREE new QB's, then Harrington wanted out. Why?--because it was friggin obvious to the entire world that the Lions were done with him.

thunderkyss
02-24-2007, 09:27 AM
David Carr is totally irrelevant to how Harrington left Detroit, but if that is what passes for proof for you...

That little tidbit wasn't offered as proof, it was offered as a rebuttal to your argument of logic. Their style of play may have been different, but the end results have been pretty much the same. With similar talent on both teams(except Joey has never had a ProBowl reciever, or a thousand yard rusher for 3 years in a row), Joey has more TDs(72 vs 59) and and even though he has more INTs(77 vs 65) he also has more wins in less starts.

But to you, logic says cut him before you have to pay Joey an extra $4million just for being on your roster.

But somehow that same logic tells you to pay David an extra $8million to stay on your roster.

I just don't follow that, and would love to have you educate me on the ins & outs of the cost/production ratio you use to justify a players worth.

They brought in THREE new QB's, then Harrington wanted out. Why?--because it was friggin obvious to the entire world that the Lions were done with him.

except that the GM, the Coach, & the Offensive Coordinator said that Joey was their starter. Except that he was pulled in favor of a 3 time ProBowl QB the prior year, only to be given the starter's job back, after they realized(with on field proof) that the QB was not their problem.

They decided not to bring back that 3 time ProBowler as their back up QB, and needed a replacement. Chances were, that not all three were going to make the team, but whoever did, was going to play back-up to Joey Harrington. None of them were offered starting QB money. & the aging Kitna was a veteran back-up QB, yes he'd compete for a starting job(which wasn't part of the discussion bringing him to Detroit), but he's already accepted the back-up role elsewhere, and was expected to be the back-up in Detroit, until Joey decided he wanted out of Detroit.

& though you want to see it differently, Joey Harrington acted like a person wanting to be traded since the end of the season.

you can insinuate, and speculate all you want, I'm just telling you what happened.

infantrycak
02-24-2007, 09:51 AM
But to you, logic says cut him before you have to pay Joey an extra $4million just for being on your roster.

But somehow that same logic tells you to pay David an extra $8million to stay on your roster.

Find a quote from me saying the Texans should give Carr the $8 mil option and you can twist this into a Carr v. Harrington debate. Until then it is irrelevant to the fact that the Lions brought in 3 QB's and weren't going to pay Harrington's roster bonus--oh and, no other team would either so the only way a trade got done was for Harrington to redo his contract. By the way, your little game of playing up Harrington to make Carr look worse if very transparent.

thunderkyss
02-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Find a quote from me saying the Texans should give Carr the $8 mil option and you can twist this into a Carr v. Harrington debate. Until then it is irrelevant to the fact that the Lions brought in 3 QB's and weren't going to pay Harrington's roster bonus--oh and, no other team would either so the only way a trade got done was for Harrington to redo his contract. By the way, your little game of playing up Harrington to make Carr look worse if very transparent.

Except they pretty much said they would, when they said he was the starter.

& I'm not trying to play up Harrington, I'm comparing Carr to one of his contemporaries.... would you rather I compare him to Bradshaw??

I'm just giving you his stats..... more TDS..... more wins, more INTs..

I'm just giving you facts, Detroit chose to start Joey over the 3 time ProBowler Jeff Garcia, who has recently shown that he can still play.

& I'll add another, Joey was able to win on a team that a second ProBowler(Cullpepper) couldn't.

It's not my fault the only thing that can be said about Carr is that he has a high completion ratio.

& I can't find you a quote saying you thought it made sense to give David $8million, because I can't go back that far.

But I'll ask you right now.

Looking back, knowing what you know now, prior to the '06 season, would you have offered David the $8 million extension, the $5 million extension, or let him go then bring in a vet & draft another QB??

Heck, even if you didn't know what you know now..... does it make sense to you to give David $8million, but not to give Joey $4million??

infantrycak
02-24-2007, 10:38 AM
You asserted Harrington left the Lions because of his desire to do so rather than the Lions' disappointment in him. The truth or falsity (as is the case) of that statement has zero to do with Carr.

thunderkyss
02-24-2007, 11:31 AM
You asserted Harrington left the Lions because of his desire to do so rather than the Lions' disappointment in him. The truth or falsity (as is the case) of that statement has zero to do with Carr.

It's your assertion of my lack of logically assessing the situation that brought another similar situation into the conversation. I've provided two links demonstrating it was in fact Joey that asked the lions to trade him, and one where the Lions named him their starter.

You still have nothing but your "logic" to back up the "falsity" of this case. So if you have nothing to back up your "logic" wouldn't it make sense to question your "logic"??