PDA

View Full Version : NFL Live to preview Texans today...

Trap_Star
02-21-2007, 01:00 PM
For those who watch NFL Live, they will preview the Texans off-season today at 3:00...

TEXANS84
02-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Keep us work-aholics posted please.

BigWig
02-21-2007, 03:16 PM
I second that, someone set the DVR.

Trap_Star
02-21-2007, 04:09 PM
The show is on right now....

02-21-2007, 04:11 PM
yeah, somebody please keep me posted on what they say...

joedinkle
02-21-2007, 04:19 PM
It's on now

Trap_Star
02-21-2007, 04:28 PM
John Clayton shot down the Plummer and Bell rumor. He said we covet the #8 pick because of AP. He thinks we might even trade up for him. He also thinks we might get a 3rd for Carr.

Schelreth wants us to draft Levi Brown...

joedinkle
Quick summary.

Things gone wrong, DC, OL, MW showed flashes, but needs to be more consistant.

Things gone right, 3-3 in the AFCS, Demeco Ryans, Gary Kubiak is taking us in the right direction.

DC has fallen out of favor, Plummer/Quinn alternative.

With the Draft we should either take Quinn, trade up for Peterson or Thomas, or Take Thomas at 8. Mark Schlereth likes Levi Brown, so that's a pretty decent endorsement if you ask me.

rockabilly
basically, they see David Carr more than likely not coming back. Plummer coming in. Possibly trading up for Adrian Peterson or picking up Brady Quinn or Levi Brown.

in a nutshell.

dirty steve
02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
need more consistency from the QB
mario needs to show more consistency
clayton made it sound about 50/50 that carr is moved, couldnt tell for sure either way
schlereth likes levi brown alot at the #8 pick
said team is still angling for a way to get peterson

02-21-2007, 04:36 PM
said team is still angling for a way to get peterson

i really don't wanna trade up, but it's worth it for AP.

tulexan
02-21-2007, 04:36 PM
I thought it was funny how selective their statistics were for us.

I will admit, Mario didn't have a legendary season, but Suzy Kolber and Schlereth failed to point out that he had a bad foot injury for the second half of the season. Then when showing a draft history for the Texans to try to show that DeMeco was the only good player we have taken with a high pick in recent years, they stopped at Dunta Robinson instead of showing that Andre Johnson has been a 2 time pro bowler.

AtheGreat
02-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I thought it was funny how selective their statistics were for us.

I will admit, Mario didn't have a legendary season, but Suzy Kolber and Schlereth failed to point out that he had a bad foot injury for the second half of the season. Then when showing a draft history for the Texans to try to show that DeMeco was the only good player we have taken with a high pick in recent years, they stopped at Dunta Robinson instead of showing that Andre Johnson has been a 2 time pro bowler.

yeah, and failed to mention that Drob had 10int and came in 2nd for DROY that year. o well, didn't say much that we already knew.

02-21-2007, 04:44 PM
yeah, and failed to mention that Drob had 10int and came in 2nd for DROY that year. o well, didn't say much that we already knew.

it was 6 ints.

kcwilson
02-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Quick summary.

Things gone wrong, DC, OL, MW showed flashes, but needs to be more consistant.

Things gone right, 3-3 in the AFCS, Demeco Ryans, Gary Kubiak is taking us in the right direction.

DC has fallen out of favor, Plummer/Quinn alternative.

With the Draft we should either take Quinn, trade up for Peterson or Thomas, or Take Thomas at 8. Mark Schlereth likes Levi Brown, so that's a pretty decent endorsement if you ask me.

Based on all that has been said and prognosticated, it doesn't reason that Thomas will last beyond the #3/4 coin flip selection between Cleveland and TB. So thinking we should Take Thomas at 8 makes the owner of such opinion seem kinda 'unrealistic'. By the same token, we should take Russell at #8... or ask and see if we can take Peppers at #8.

I don't think trading up for Thomas and sacrificing multiple picks is worth it, particularly if we can get Levi Brown at #8 and then another player with the pick that we keep. No doubt it would take our top 2 picks to move up to get Peterson/Thomas. Are they that worth it? We aren't a player away.