PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question

STONE D 55
02-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Why did we pick up Porter last year or even BVP last year if Kubiak is'nt going to use them. I know Porter had his ups and downs in college but from what I did see of him I think he could play better than the current starter ( can't remember his name ) we have now. O and I sure hope they don't waste time or money on J.P. as that would really make the games hard to watch for me.

I'll be a fan-atic for life ( even if we stink )

El Tejano
02-21-2007, 10:49 AM
I'd like to see BVP in camp. I would like to see the game he brings to the table because what I recall of him, he does bring certain intangibles like running the ball.

painekiller
02-21-2007, 03:19 PM
BVP was brought in to have a backup to the starter that has taken a snap during a real NFL game when Sage broke his hand. That is the only reason he was brought in. Is he a long term answer? I believe if Kubiak thought so then he would have sign BVP the day he was cut by the Broncos.

As for Porter, I would like to see more of him, when is NFL Europe starting?

STONE D 55
02-21-2007, 04:23 PM
BVP was brought in to have a backup to the starter that has taken a snap during a real NFL game when Sage broke his hand. That is the only reason he was brought in. Is he a long term answer? I believe if Kubiak thought so then he would have sign BVP the day he was cut by the Broncos.

As for Porter, I would like to see more of him, when is NFL Europe starting?

I have never been able to see an NFLE game, but maybe NFL network will show them. I'd be real happy if Porter did well, then again, that Ragu guy did pretty well and look where that got him. Kub should have thrown BVP to the wolves and seen what happened, ya never know.

kcwilson
02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
NFLE is incredibly overrated and basically is just a play to gain interest in off season activity and extend the NFL season interest into a dead time of year.

Very rarely does an NFLE ever make an impact... I think just that Michael Lewis of N.O. the returner made a an impact after playing there, if memory serves, which it often doesn't.

Ragone was the freaking MVP and got cut and still gets no respect anywhere... waht does that say about the value of NFLE?

Texan_Bill
02-21-2007, 05:42 PM
waht does that say about the value of NFLE?

That it's basically semi-pro football.... :shades:

kcwilson
02-21-2007, 06:53 PM
That it's basically semi-pro football.... :shades:

It was a rhetorical question, but yes, that is an acceptable answer. Please award Texan Bill one point and control of the board.

The Pencil Neck
02-21-2007, 09:49 PM
NFLE is incredibly overrated and basically is just a play to gain interest in off season activity and extend the NFL season interest into a dead time of year.

Very rarely does an NFLE ever make an impact... I think just that Michael Lewis of N.O. the returner made a an impact after playing there, if memory serves, which it often doesn't.

Ragone was the freaking MVP and got cut and still gets no respect anywhere... waht does that say about the value of NFLE?

Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme came from NFLE. If I remember correctly, Delhomme was Warner's backup and he called his dad and said something to the effect, "If this guy Warner can't make it in the NFL, then I don't have a chance in hell"

Other than that, it hasn't been awfully productive for developing talent.