PDA

View Full Version : Dre Bly question

keyfro
02-20-2007, 06:20 PM
as most of you know the lions are shopping cornerback dre bly around...personally i see this as the same as when we were shopping aaron glenn around...how many of ya'll are hoping they cut him so we can pick him up...i know i am...he'll be much cheaper than nate clements and with asante samuels being franchised there just isn't enough good cover corners in the free agency market...granted bly isn't a top tier corner like he used to be about 2 years ago...but he is good enough to beat out faggins this year and give us time to draft and develop a younger guy either this year or next

what are ya'lls opinions on the possibility of getting dre bly?

thetexanator
02-20-2007, 06:32 PM
id like to have him for 2 years. i dont think hed wanna come here though.

tulexan
02-20-2007, 06:34 PM
I say we try a Carr for Bly straight up trade.

PapaL
02-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Check out this thread: Dre Bly Thread (http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=35250)

NEROtheZERO
02-20-2007, 06:55 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind giving up a pick for him, especially to avoid a bidding war if he is released. Supposing we get a 4th round pick (conditional to the 3rd or 2nd) for Carr, I wouldn't mind giving up our other 4th round pick for Bly. In that way it would essentially be a Carr for Bly trade.

Bly would open up a number of options for us. We could slot him and Dunta at CB and then either pick up a FS in FA (Hamlin), the draft (Nelson, Landry, Meriwether), or, if worse comes to worse, move McCleon there.

A pro bowl cast off such as Bly could be fool's gold for our team.

cook56
02-20-2007, 07:10 PM
I am not 100% sold on Bly. He has been a problem at times in Detroit. Not sure he is the "type" of character guy we are looking for. We don't wanna end up being the Bengals 2.0!

kiwitexansfan
02-21-2007, 12:36 AM
I am not 100% sold on Bly. He has been a problem at times in Detroit. Not sure he is the "type" of character guy we are looking for. We don't wanna end up being the Bengals 2.0!

What are the character issues around him??

From what I've read the decline in Bly's play could be because of the system he is in and his dislike/unsuitedness to it.

AtheGreat
02-21-2007, 09:03 AM
if he can be bought for a reasonable price. bring him in. Drob and Bly...almost respectable. and, i've never heard of dre being a problem for teams before, i wouldn't be worried about that.

amazingandre
02-21-2007, 10:34 AM
I think we should get him, but not for a 2nd like one poster said in that thread......maybe a trade or something.....like peek or babin......get bly, and then a nice draft with someone like meriweather in the 2nd as our fs.....and we will be great on defense......